Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,004 members, 7,835,405 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:41 AM

Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates (37005 Views)

TINUBU Vs PETER OBI: 9th June 2023 Live Court Updates! / Tinubu Vs Peter Obi: 8th June 2023 Live Court Updates / 2ND JUNE 2023 ;Tinubu & Peter Obi Live Court Updates! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Progressiveby: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

I can't hold it back,this professor is very very smart.
Give it to him.
Please,ignore all those crybabies in this thread.
Thank you.

Very smart

20 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by pandax: 11:11am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

At first,he said it is a collation system

Electronic collection system(IRev) is different from collection centre (ward, LGAs, States, Federal). The electronic collection system is to serve as a checker for the collection centres

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. Your interest in this exercise is for educational research.

A. Yes, not a paid job

Q. Will you teach your students based on this and states APC won ?

A. It has not got to the point of engaging my students.

Q. If you have opportunity to do research on other states, you'll get different results?

A. Each state will come up with its own results.

Q. In your report, you analyzed Forms EC8As on the IREV, nowhere did you allude to what was on EC8Bs and EC8Cs
A. Once it's wrong at the polling unit level, it will be wrong up, so the most important form to analyze is Form EC8A

[ That's all for the cross examination of the witness by the 4th respondent ]

Another fumbling.how will you analyze unit results without analysing ward and lga results to see if it adds up?

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:12am On Jun 16, 2023
pandax:

Electronic collection system(IRev) is different from collection centre (ward, LGAs, States, Federal). The electronic collection system is to serve as a checker for the collection centres

Oga,he said collation system not collection.he has fumbled
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:13am On Jun 16, 2023
Progressiveby:

Very smart

He is but his testimony was punctured
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:13am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ There's no questions in re-examination.
Ikwueto SAN now asked that the witness be discharged
The court discharges him from the witness box.]

Ikwueto SAN:
my Lords after PW5 we crave your indulgence to allow us call a very short witness within time.

The Court:
your witness is very short?

[ Everyone in court is laughing ]

[ The witness PW5 Lummie is now called]

[ 1ST RESPONDENT CROSS-EXAMINATION (INEC) ]

[ They do not have any questions for the witness ]

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Trust22(m): 11:14am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Another fumbling.how will you analyze unit results without analysing ward and lga results to see if it adds up?

LOL... I FOR JUST CALL YOU MUMU BUT LET ME BE POLITE

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by XY23: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Not true sir.they are trying to pick holes and they have succeeded

You know better sir. He was able to establish some facts:
1. His credentials and motivations
2. No statistics involved, or assumptions made
3. Basis of data (PUs).
If you know the weight of the evidence his testimony is supporting, you won't discountenace these facts.

Given the circumstances, he did well.

38 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Shantyken(m): 11:15am On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:

Open ur own thread without any bais and bring I'm the full info?

Am still waiting

7 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Remijuice: 11:15am On Jun 16, 2023
Please, let us be civil here...

4 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:16am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ On a second thought, the 1st Respondent will now ask few questions ]

Q. You're an experienced broadcaster?

A. Correct

Q. You're also familiar with the use of computers and various platforms for transmitting or broadcasting ?

A. Yes

Q. You know the difference between transfer of information and transmission ?

A. Yes. Transfer means moving it from one Known/designated location to another known/designated location.

Q. Transmission on the other hand does not necessarily connotes transfer from one location to another ?

A. Yes

Q. You work with AriseTV ?

A. Arise News

Q. When you broadcast, you are actually transmitting ?

Q. Yes

15 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by XY23: 11:17am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Lol. You didn't get the memo. His testimony wasn't based on who was declared winner or losers.

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 11:19am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Why has lp refused to bring their agent copies to confirm the blurring?
Why bring agent copies when lp have certified copies from inec herself?

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:19am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ On a second thought, the 1st Respondent will now ask few questions ]

Q. You're an experienced broadcaster?

A. Correct

Q. You're also familiar with the use of computers and various platforms for transmitting or broadcasting ?

A. Yes

Q. You know the difference between transfer of information and transmission ?

A. Yes. Transfer means moving it from one Known/designated location to another known/designated location.

Q. Transmission on the other hand does not necessarily connotes transfer from one location to another ?

A. Yes

Q. You work with AriseTV ?

A. Arise News

Q. When you broadcast, you are actually transmitting ?

Q. Yes

Q. Any number of persons within a transmission zone can access it if they have appropriate device?

A. Yes

Q. You'll agree that technically, transfer and transmission are distinct .

A. Yes.

[ The first respondent is doing cross examining with witness,2nd and 3rd respondent is about to cross examine the witness ]

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by stocktaker: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by suxkill: 11:20am On Jun 16, 2023
stocktaker:
There are some things going on in Court IamV is withholding here he only type what he want you to know

Oya open your own thread and feed your fellow agbado eater what the op is withholding.

Failure to do that, stf or else na cord l go wipe you for neck

17 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:20am On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:
Why bring agent copies when lp have certified copies from inec herself?

All are same.those copies are not blurred except the ones on irev
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2023
pandax:

no follow that guy argue again. The guy is blind both in sight and in reasoning

5 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:21am On Jun 16, 2023
XY23:

Lol. You didn't get the memo. His testimony wasn't based on who was declared winner or losers.

I know.he is trying to get a statistics of the election which shows irregularities.unfortunately,those irregularities cannot cancel the polls
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by Realdon1(m): 11:22am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

I understand, unfortunately he has contradicted himself and made inconsistent statements

You are not truthful to yourself.

I respect prof from today. He is a genius

16 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

Q. Any number of persons within a transmission zone can access it if they have appropriate device?

A. Yes

Q. You'll agree that technically, transfer and transmission are distinct .

A. Yes.

[ The first respondent is doing cross examining with witness,2nd and 3rd respondent is about to cross examine the witness ]

[ 2nd and 3rd Respondent cross-examination ]

Q. Do you confirm you were not at Chatham House during that briefing?

A. Physically, No. It was a live streaming, so I was present online.

Q. The national chairman, INEC, Prof Yakubu Mahmoud is still alive today?

A. Yes, as far as I know.

[ The 2nd & 3rd respondent is done cross examining the witness ,the 4th respondent is about to cross examine the witness ]

11 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by MyPoint: 11:23am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

There is no fumble here. He did very well in his responses.

The PU result is the key result that will feed others.

If you add all the PU result in the country it will tell you who won

If you group of by states you will know who won per state.

If you group it by LG by region etc you will also see the winner.

So the prof is focusing on the root which is PU result.

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2023
XY23:

3. Basis of data (PUs).
If you know the weight of the evidence his testimony is supporting, you won't discountenace these facts.

He said he's not a statistician which is a problem.
He agreed that 18000 blurred copies on irev doesn't mean others are blurred which is crucial.
They will likely discountenanced his facts
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 11:23am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

I know.he is trying to get a statistics of the election which shows irregularities.unfortunately,those irregularities cannot cancel the polls
You are not the court to decide that

8 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 11:24am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

guy u dey think at all? If u are to cook a pot of soup and u add too much salt from start will the end result of the soup be less salty?

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by pandax: 11:24am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

Why has lp refused to bring their agent copies to confirm the blurring?

Already in court as evidence. They are waiting for INEC to manufacture copies and go to prison

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:25am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

There's nothing need as the video won't do anything
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by IamV: 11:25am On Jun 16, 2023
IamV:

[ 2nd and 3rd Respondent cross-examination ]

Q. Do you confirm you were not at Chatham House during that briefing?

A. Physically, No. It was a live streaming, so I was present online.

Q. The national chairman, INEC, Prof Yakubu Mahmoud is still alive today?

A. Yes, as far as I know.

[ The 2nd & 3rd respondent is done cross examining the witness ,the 4th respondent is about to cross examine the witness ]

[ 4TH RESPONDENT CROSS-EXAMINATION ]

Q. can you summarize the message of relevance in the drive that was played.

A. In summary, INEC and it's officials decided to use technology for the elections.

Q. Out of that deployment of technology will include use of bvas exclusively for accreditation of voters?

A. In my understanding.

Q. Before 2023 election, you had observed election, you knew how accreditation was done. Bvas not used in 2019.

A. Yes, in 2019. Bvas was not used.

Q. Bvas was an innovation in 2023 election?

A. I think so.

Q. Will I be right to say you're familiar with INEC regulations and guidelines ?

A. I'm not totally familiar.

12 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2023
saintbillion:
no follow that guy argue again. The guy is blind both in sight and in reasoning

You that couldn't see where the prof said irev is a collation system after I reposted for you?
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by senatordave1(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2023
Realdon1:

You are not truthful to yourself.

I respect prof from today. He is a genius

A genius that doesn't know what irev is
Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by saintbillion(m): 11:27am On Jun 16, 2023
XY23:

3. Basis of data (PUs).

That guy no go school at all or he's trying to be sentimental. Prof was so logical with his responses despite they wanted him to fumble in saying is his research based on statical analysis?

10 Likes

Re: Peter Obi Vs Tinubu: 16th June 2023 Live Court Updates by XY23: 11:27am On Jun 16, 2023
senatordave1:

He said he's not a statistician which is a problem.
He agreed that 18000 blurred copies on irev doesn't mean others are blurred which is crucial.
They will likely discountenanced his facts

Lol. The respondents would've wished he was. One even mentioned (sampling error). For this exercise, no mathematical method required, just basic arithmetic knowledge the Lordships kids can do. Anyway, let's leave interpretation to the court.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

APC Carrying Out Horrible Protests In Akwa Ibom State / INEC Cancels Election In Southern Ijaw / We Have Accepted The Supreme Court Verdict - Dakuku Peterside, APC Rivers

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.