Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,363 members, 7,864,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:18 AM

How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? (33607 Views)

Profile Of Nuhu Ribadu, National Security Adviser / Buhari Appoints Garba Baba Umar As New Security Adviser, 2 Weeks To Go / President Buhari Commissions The New Office Of National Security Adviser. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Agbegbaorogboye: 1:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
senatordave1:

Trite.lets pray for ribadu
Oga. Dey pray. Leave me out of it
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by senatordave1(m): 2:00pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

Oga. Dey pray. Leave me out of it

Do you think he will do well compared to buratai and dambazzau ?
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by odinga1of: 2:07pm On Jun 21, 2023
[code][/code]
hedonido:
Nigerians are funny. In this country, any office is as powerful as the president wants the holder of that office to be.

Tunde Sabiu was just a personal assistant to Buhari, but he was more powerful than the Vice President, Senate President, NSA, and service chiefs combined.

Just as Obasanjo's Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Matters (Andy Uba) was the most powerful in his government.

Considering how much Ribadu seems to have ingratiated and enmeshed himself into this BAT's sinister inner caucus, of course he would likely be more powerful than all the service chiefs combined. Not necessarily because he is the NSA, but because HE is the NSA.

Remember the massive difference between Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff and the Kwara diplomat Gambari as Chief of Staff. It's never about the office, but always about the person occupying the office.

Bro u too gbasky! U finish work, one bottle of Odeku for you!
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:09pm On Jun 21, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I wasn't talking about illegality in arms procurement during Buhari's tenure, but illegality in administration/organisation, the COAS has more ears of the president than the CDS, having a custom boss that is a soldier, giving the IGP order but never obeyed and nothing happened are illegality. So how do you establish order
If the NSA is having lesser to no authority as you implied, the Counter Terrorism Act won't give the office a power to head such security architecture which is at the centre of the nation's sovereignty.

There's no such thing as illegal administration. The president is at liberty to listen to, or trust whoever he deems fit. It's not true that the COAS had the ears of the president more than the CDS. Many of you just use social media hype to judge what's going on in the corridor of power. Buratai had more media visibility and doing that did not make him superior to his CDS who is his senior in the army and by rank. Buhari would never have done that, having more experience as a military man. If he wanted buratai to be on top, he would have put him.
Having a former military man as customs CG is not illegal. The customs act does not say the head must be a carer officer. As for that of the igp, I simply believe buhari lied about not knowing that the IG never left Abuja to save face with benue people then. Most of us, easily forget that Buhari in his opening speech directed the operational and command centre of the army be moved to borno to tackle boko haram. May i ask if that ever happened? Anyone who believes a whole IG will disobey the president and the president will be unaware must be totally ignorant. Let me ask. The next security meeting after he gave the purported order, did the IG not attend? Why didn't Buhari ask him about the benue assignment then? Forget talk Bubu knew what he was doing in that particular instance.
Which architecture does the counter terrorism act make the NSA head of?

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by sogodihno: 2:10pm On Jun 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Everything is hate to u guys
Is this how u guys plan to rule Nigeria for the next 4yrs?
Calling people with constructive criticism haters
Nawa oo
My friend from Benue state, his father is a senior army officer and he was just shaking his head with that appointment

Dey there dey play

Just shvt up, you are not a hater, but this is your moniker, keep fooling yourself. Tinubu is your president, you can hang yourself, for all we care

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
senatordave1:

Do you think he will do well compared to buratai and dambazzau ?
I don't know. I don't know him except what's in the media. Most of those hailing him are doing so because he's loyal to their god and not because of any factual knowledge about him.
Buratai and Dambazzau I don't think will do well as NSA. NSA is an intelligence office. It is the head of DSS, NIA and DIA contrary to what most people believe, which is that he heads the armed forces.
So i think a former intelligence personnel, or diplomat is more suited than a military general for the role.
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by theowane: 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
hedonido:
Nigerians are funny. In this country, any office is as powerful as the president wants the holder of that office to be.

Tunde Sabiu was just a personal assistant to Buhari, but he was more powerful than the Vice President, Senate President, NSA, and service chiefs combined.

Just as Obasanjo's Senior Special Assistant on Domestic Matters (Andy Uba) was the most powerful in his government.

Considering how much Ribadu seems to have ingratiated and enmeshed himself into this BAT's sinister inner caucus, of course he would likely be more powerful than all the service chiefs combined. Not necessarily because he is the NSA, but because HE is the NSA.

Remember the massive difference between Abba Kyari as Chief of Staff and the Kwara diplomat Gambari as Chief of Staff. It's never about the office, but always about the person occupying the office.
Your 1st statement has said it all, gbam!!
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

There's no such thing as illegal administration. The president is at liberty to listen to, or trust whoever he deems fit. It's not true that the COAS had the ears of the president more than the CDS. Many of you just use social media hype to judge what's going on in the corridor of power. Buratai had more media visibility and doing that did not make him superior to his CDS who is his senior in the army and by rank. Buhari would never have done that, having more experience as a military man. If he wanted buratai to be on top, he would have put him.
Having a former military man as customs CG is not illegal. The customs act does not say the head must be a carer officer. As for that of the igp, I simply believe buhari lied about not knowing that the IG never left Abuja to save face with benue people then. Most of us, easily forget that Buhari in his opening speech directed the operational and command centre of the army be moved to borno to tackle boko haram. May i ask if that ever happened? Anyone who believes a whole IG will disobey the president and the president will be unaware must be totally ignorant. Let me ask. The next security meeting after he gave the purported order, did the IG not attend? Why didn't Buhari ask him about the benue assignment then? Forget talk Bubu knew what he was doing in that particular instance.
Which architecture does the counter terrorism act make the NSA head of?
Let's for the benefit of doubt ignore every other issues as they are more on opinion of either of us than fact or reality.
On your last paragraph, you might do well to check the Counter Terrorism Act, it's a public document. A law passed by the NASS and signed by the president.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by drugBaronTINUBU: 2:16pm On Jun 21, 2023
sogodihno:

Just shvt up, you are not a hater, but this is your moniker, keep fooling yourself. Tinubu is your president, you can hang yourself, for all we care

🤣🤣🤣
A drug pusher can never be my president
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by sogodihno: 2:23pm On Jun 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

🤣🤣🤣
A drug pusher can never be my president

Well, he is your president, and unfortunately for you, their is absolutely nothing you can do about it

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by drugBaronTINUBU: 2:30pm On Jun 21, 2023
sogodihno:

Well, he is your president, and unfortunately for you, their is absolutely nothing you can do about it
Dey play
In my small office
Since buhari left office I didn't hang any picture there again
Na only Sanwo dey there
I done do Obi own already as my president
I dey wait make court decide b4 I go hang am
I can never put a common criminal drug pusher in my little office
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Agbegbaorogboye: 2:31pm On Jun 21, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Let's for the benefit of doubt ignore every other issues as they are more on opinion of either of us than fact or reality.
On your last paragraph, you might do well to check the Counter Terrorism Act, it's a public document. A law passed by the NASS and signed by the president.
No. What I'm giving you is fact not opinion. Buhari never elevated Buratai over Olonishakin. And Buratai never and couldn't have ever disrespect the then CDS who was his superior in every way as far as military is concerned. That the man enjoyed showbiz and media attention did not make him superior. If you have any evidence of that, push it forward. It's also a fact that the cG of customs can even be a civilian which hammed Ali was as customs boss. In fact, until 1999, all customs head were from outside the outfit.

I've seen it. It only applies to terrorism. I hope you know terrorism is only one branch of security and the military is not the front-line agency in combating terrorism. If it were, the Defence headquarters will be under the ONSA automatically.
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by OlujobaSamuel: 2:51pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

No. What I'm giving you is fact not opinion. Buhari never elevated Buratai over Olonishakin. And Buratai never and couldn't have ever disrespect the then CDS who was his superior in every way as far as military is concerned. That the man enjoyed showbiz and media attention did not make him superior. If you have any evidence of that, push it forward. It's also a fact that the cG of customs can even be a civilian which hammed Ali was as customs boss. In fact, until 1999, all customs head were from outside the outfit.

I've seen it. It only applies to terrorism. I hope you know terrorism is only one branch of security and the military is not the front-line agency in combating terrorism. If it were, the Defence headquarters will be under the ONSA automatically.
Smiles. But they are at the forefront of insurgency fight?
You are the one placing one under the other, I've not placed any under the other, that's why you haven't seen me use the word REPORT.
Let's go back to the initial topic, the op is asking about the influence or authority of the office, except there is changes to relevant laws tomorrow, the NSA is having enormous power compares to any other security office holder in the country today.
There is a reason every other security organisation is having a rep at the ONSA, they are not there for showoff.
You might belong to the military circus though, maybe that's why you have such strong opinion about the ONSA
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by sogodihno: 2:55pm On Jun 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Dey play
In my small office
Since buhari left office I didn't hang any picture there again
Na only Sanwo dey there
I done do Obi own already as my president
I dey wait make court decide b4 I go hang am
I can never put a common criminal drug pusher in my little office

Who dash you office? you mean in your 2 by 2 shop, where you are selling earpiece? Keep fooling yourself

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Enemyofpeace: 2:59pm On Jun 21, 2023
Khyrvxjzy:

una go just open mouth talk waaaa
stfu! What happened to your sense of humour? It's obvious that you're a frustrated human being. You sense of humour is completely dead. Abeg shift
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Enemyofpeace: 3:01pm On Jun 21, 2023
drugBaronTINUBU:

Everything is hate to u guys
Is this how u guys plan to rule Nigeria for the next 4yrs?
Calling people with constructive criticism haters
Nawa oo
My friend from Benue state, his father is a senior army officer and he was just shaking his head with that appointment

Dey there dey play
let him shake his head, if possible let him go and die. Who fokn cares?
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:03pm On Jun 21, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

Smiles. But they are at the forefront of insurgency fight?
You are the one placing one under the other, I've not placed any under the other, that's why you haven't seen me use the word REPORT.
Let's go back to the initial topic, the op is asking about the influence or authority of the office, except there is changes to relevant laws tomorrow, the NSA is having enormous power compares to any other security office holder in the country today.
There is a reason every other security organisation is having a rep at the ONSA, they are not there for showoff.
You might belong to the military circus though, maybe that's why you have such strong opinion about the ONSA
The military is at the forefront because the police can't handle it.
You claimed buratai was elevated above his CDS Olonishakin and I'm telling you it's simply untrue.
What powers does the NSA have that makes you think he's above every other security arm? Enlighten me.
The fact they have a rep shows you they are not inferior to NSA. The president has a liaison officer to the NASS. Does that mean NASS is superior to the president? If they were under the ONSA, the heads of each arm will be visiting the ONSA not allocate a personnel of sometime rank of Major to interface on their behalf. It is for interagency coordination not because it is required by law or because ONSA is superior. I already told you Buratai withdrew the army liaison to ONSA. Google it if you doubt it.
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Iluvmycontr3: 3:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
agabusta:

Nope. The service chiefs are mandated to provide regular briefings to the Office of the NSA.

Nice info..
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Sammy5413(m): 3:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
It's a matter of national security
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:15pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

The military is at the forefront because the police can't handle it.
You claimed buratai was elevated above his CDS Olonishakin and I'm telling you it's simply untrue.
What powers does the NSA have that makes you think he's above every other security arm? Enlighten me.
The fact they have a rep shows you they are not inferior to NSA. The president has a liaison officer to the NASS. Does that mean NASS is superior to the president? If they were under the ONSA, the heads of each arm will be visiting the ONSA not allocate a personnel of sometime rank of Major to interface on their behalf. It is for interagency coordination not because it is required by law or because ONSA is superior. I already told you Buratai withdrew the army liaison to ONSA. Google it if you doubt it.
I never used the word elevated, you did. I said has ears of the president compared to the CDS. The word Elevated makes it appears like an official seniority ranking.
The ONSA do not have a battalion, command or unit to deploy for any assault, but head the Counter Terrorism operations.
The military, police and other paramilitaries engaged in the assault, but you don't want to accept that the head of their operations or strategy is having a kind of higher authority.
I hope to see the video of the head of this various offices approaching the NSA someday to see the manner of greetings. That's one very simple way to get this.
I'm so sure that if there is a law that specifically states that the NSA must be a military officer, you won't have this opinion about the office

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Agbegbaorogboye: 3:24pm On Jun 21, 2023
OlujobaSamuel:

I never used the word elevated, you did. I said has ears of the president compared to the CDS. The word Elevated makes it appears like an official seniority ranking.
The ONSA do not have a battalion, command or unit to deploy for any assault, but head the Counter Terrorism operations.
The military, police and other paramilitaries engaged in the assault, but you don't want to accept that the head of their operations or strategy is having a kind of higher authority.
I hope to see the video of the head of this various offices approaching the NSA someday to see the manner of greetings. That's one very simple way to get this.
I'm so sure that if there is a law that specifically states that the NSA must be a military officer, you won't have this opinion about the office
What does it imply if I say your subordinate has the ears of our boss over you? Am i not saying you've been relegated to the background? Stop playing with words here.
Like i already told you, counter terrorism is basically a domestic affair which shouldn't fall under the purview of military in normal circumstances. And even while it has, the ONSA has never taken operational or strategic command of the military. ONSA controls DSS. That's the outfit it has operational command over not military.
You don't need to look for greetings. If COAS could disengage an officer from ONSA, does that not tell you where the power lies? Imagine COAS disengage an officer from DHQ or MoD. Just imagine the consequence?
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by drugBaronTINUBU: 3:27pm On Jun 21, 2023
sogodihno:

Who dash you office? you mean in your 2 by 2 shop, where you are selling earpiece? Keep fooling yourself
🤣🤣
Shop ooo
Office ooo.as long as it's fetching me money
No wahala
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Khyrvxjzy: 3:28pm On Jun 21, 2023
Enemyofpeace:
stfu! What happened to your sense of humour? It's obvious that you're a frustrated human being. You sense of humour is completely dead. Abeg shift

lol, werey, i no no say na sarcasm, no vex
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by OlujobaSamuel: 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2023
Agbegbaorogboye:

What does it imply if I say your subordinate has the ears of our boss over you? Am i not saying you've been relegated to the background? Stop playing with words here.
Like i already told you, counter terrorism is basically a domestic affair which shouldn't fall under the purview of military in normal circumstances. And even while it has, the ONSA has never taken operational or strategic command of the military. ONSA controls DSS. That's the outfit it has operational command over not military.
You don't need to look for greetings. If COAS could disengage an officer from ONSA, does that not tell you where the power lies? Imagine COAS disengage an officer from DHQ or MoD. Just imagine the consequence?
Smiles. Ok. Time will tell.
Btw, thanks for your time.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by bahaushe1: 3:38pm On Jun 21, 2023
Natural2Heal:
The service chiefs are more bigger than NSA.

They report to NSA.
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by bahaushe1: 3:42pm On Jun 21, 2023
hedonido:

Op was seeking a statutory answer, not a Nigerian aberration.

2 Likes

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by juman(m): 3:56pm On Jun 21, 2023
Ribadu is their boss.
He handles security issues in the country.
All people know that ribadu is honest, trustworthy, reliable and dependable.
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by iguita: 4:04pm On Jun 21, 2023
The president also listens to the NSA than the service chiefs. The NSA is like the policy maker while the service chiefs implement
agabusta:

Nope. The service chiefs are mandated to provide regular briefings to the Office of the NSA.

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by prophetfire: 4:14pm On Jun 21, 2023
agabusta:

No. That they provide briefing to him doesn't make him more powerful. Those briefing are for him to package and deliver to the president and advice him accordingly.
He's just like a go-between. He creates synergy in security issues for the presidential office. However that puts him in a position of advantage especially if the president is a dullard or slowpoke that knows nothing. He will take advantage and chop enough and control everything.
He's just like the vice president in charge of security. Depending on the level of ignorance of the sitting president.
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Nahunger(m): 4:44pm On Jun 21, 2023
CJStarz:
U be full comedian,bro😂😂😂

🤣🤣🤣😜😜😜
As I no get answer I kuku siddon near op

1 Like

Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Alary: 5:13pm On Jun 21, 2023
HMMMMMMM ! NSA ( National Security Adviser)

That office is the highest siphoning office in Nigeria.
The office works directly with the president. They can use any amount of money you can ever think of for National security without the approval of the Senate. Money used on national security cannot be questioned , investigated or divulged, only the NSA and the president and some few will have details, its highly confidential. In Nigeria they make the office a conduit pipe to launder money ,NNPC and CBN dey learn where NSA dey , but he fronts for the presidents . If you know you know.
Re: How Big Is The Position Of Nigeria's National Security Adviser? by Sambab(m): 5:25pm On Jun 21, 2023
This is a complete version of all the arguments

hedonido:

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Oh My Home, Dino Melaye Sings Passionately For PDP (VIDEO) / Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election / PDP Governors Set To Form A New Party - Peoplesdailyng.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 92
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.