Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,773 members, 7,809,982 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:16 PM

Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? (4953 Views)

Ways Nigerian Babes React When You Deny Them Sex (SEE HERE) / 10 Ways Some Nigerian Ladies React When You Deny Them Sex / ↘Ladies, Can You Deny this Picture?↙ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by larrysng(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
There is this friend of mine who is in luv with dis very girl from a muslim family in Ilorin. This girl family were muslim fanatics that will nt allow their childrens to marry any religions except their own. This girl luv my friend so much that she suggest to him to pretend to be a muslim whenever they want to marry and thereafter the wedding he can continue practising his christianity. My friend is in a dillema now and don't know what to do.
Would you deny ur faith/religion because of luv?
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by highland(m): 12:05pm On Oct 03, 2011
Not at all. Faith is part of life
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by bekay911(f): 12:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
God forbid it. LOve gbakwa oku
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by pendo89(f): 12:24pm On Oct 03, 2011
This particular case is complex cz of relatives .
elope.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by cynthiafred67(f): 1:09pm On Oct 03, 2011
no I can't do that I can't even think of it and how do they expect dat kind of union dat is built on a lie to last? My advice to ur friend is to tell the girls family the truth or he should leave the girl alone or they can elope wink
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Freiburger(m): 1:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ Topic
NO
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by freecocoa(f): 1:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
I won't try that not even for wentworth miller sef.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Tosinville(m): 1:36pm On Oct 03, 2011
Can ur friend read quran? her family would love to test him maybe he's a devoted muslim on his introduction day.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by slap1(m): 2:06pm On Oct 03, 2011
How about my family? Won't they be invited to the wedding?
But if it will work out as planned. YES, I MAY!
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Dabss(m): 2:13pm On Oct 03, 2011
bekay911:

God forbid it. LOve gbakwa oku
abi
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by chuks30: 2:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
my dear that wedding might be successfull o! but the big question is: After wedding, what NEXT?

dont forget that anytin built on falshood, does not last.
one of the prerequisite for marriage is compatibility. This compatibility is of different aspects
compatibility of purpose,
compatibility of religion

It's not the first one, two to three years of marriage that proves the true test of marriage, but from five, ten years and above.
they better think twice,
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Orikinla(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
No.
My faith is the foundation of my love.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Dabss(m): 2:24pm On Oct 03, 2011
Many of yall ladies will say God forbid in a faceless forum. Bt in reality d desperate ones amongst u will fall especially if the alhaji is loaded. I stay in the north and i have seen it happen MANY times.
Its the easiest way for them to convert a xtian gal.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Ayoobscom(m): 2:30pm On Oct 03, 2011
Love that cannot give up faith is not yet a love

I mean voluntarily

I don't mean persuasively

It happens everyday up and down right and left and it's a good thing
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Nobody: 2:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
I can't 4 watsoeva reason. I am first of all a Christain b4 any other thing. Is like trying to hide your identity.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by ShyOne(f): 2:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
This is the epitome of "family interference"

But it IS WHAT IT IS.

I would do what my fiance directed.

It is their life - get married - move away from the family.

There are times when "wisdom" should jump in.  Your religion - if you are raised in your parents household - is a religion that you accepted WITHOUT YOUR CHOICE - so as far as I am concerned - they as a couple should do as "they see fit"

When you are dealing with irrationality regardless of whether it comes from family, parents, society, strangers - you have to be strong enough to stand on your own and make your own decisions.

I would encourage the couple to DO EXACTLY as they see fit. It is unwise to go into an ALL MUSLIM area with signs taped to your forehead announcing your Christianity.  The only entity that should be aware of "what you are" is God.  Don't pay allegiance to people by caring "on any level" what they think about you.

If you are a good person - keep focusing on your path in life.  God knows WHO YOU ARE.  Get married - move away to hold ignorance at bay and live your own life.  Just be aware that you will have a "harder road" then most if you aren't willing to compromise unless one of you converts.  There are millions of people who have married and they still maintain their different religion under the same roof.

You need to have a thick skin.

wink
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by vitality22(m): 2:33pm On Oct 03, 2011
Da_b¤§§.:

Many of yall ladies will say God forbid in a faceless forum. Bt in reality d desperate ones amongst u will fall especially if the alhaji is loaded. I stay in the north and i have seen it happen MANY times.
Its the easiest way for them to convert a xtian gal.
Very very very true, God bless you my bros. Dont mind those pretenders
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by k00lxpert(m): 2:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
my faith is my love, anybody who claims to love me must also love my believe, meanwhile, it is expedient to clarify the kind of love u have for each other. NO LOVE CAN BE COMPARED TO THE LOVE THAT GOD & HIS SON JESUS CHRIST HAD FOR US. peace be unto u all
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by bekay911(f): 2:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
\\\
Ayoobscom:

Love that cannot give up faith is not yet a love

Denying ur faith 4 sum1 is absurd TOTALLY
It happens everyday up and down right and left and it's a good thing
vitality22 link=topic=773773.msg9267530#msg9267530 date=1317648838:

Very very very true, God bless you my bros. Dont mind those pretenders
there is a diff btw denying and giving up or being converted. If u get married u will b converted or give up ur religion 4 ur husband's but denying ur own religion is to forswear, reject, disagree, renounce, forbid ur own religion. So b4 u call odas pretenders u shud look at ursef first.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by IbroSaunks(m): 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2011
theres no faith without love, so its not possible.

tell the man to look for a christian girl to marry, in the end, considering the risks involved, its really not worth it.

its also not allowed in islam for a muslim lady to marry a christian man, so their refusal to give her hand in marriage doesn't necessarily mean they are fanatics.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by engrj(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
don't try it. if the family reject u cus u ar Muslim then look 4 som1 els i no, u love her but to me i don't believe in falling in love but building love with an understanding person & de right person.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by tEsLim(m): 2:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
I wouldn't like to marry anyone religious in the first place. As an atheist I can do with a Christian/Muslim/Pagan as long as she doesn't bring it up to me or bring any inconveniences due to religion. I do LOGIC and not FAITH so if I put things by logic and its illogical na fail be that
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by amtalkin(f): 3:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
I can't deny JESUS 4 any reason
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
larrysng:

There is this friend of mine who is in luv with dis very girl from a muslim family in Ilorin. This girl family were muslim fanatics that will nt allow their childrens to marry any religions except their own. This girl luv my friend so much that she suggest to him to pretend to be a muslim whenever they want to marry and thereafter the wedding he can continue practising his christianity. My friend is in a dillema now and don't know what to do.
Would you deny your faith/religion because of luv?
Love can make us act irrational at times! We sometimes do not know when to apply common sense in the simplest of situations, because of love! Sorry to announce that i dont believe in such maniacal love! I'm a realist, when it comes to issues concerning life, and then love!
Yes she may love you till death blah blah blah. . . But i want you to think without any hint of bias!
You are a fanatical Christian and she is a fanatical moslem, who'll yield for who? And who should yield for who? Should she become a Christian to please you? Should you become a moslem to please her? Is it sensible, to pretend to be who you are not, just to gain favor in the eyes of men? If you want to become a moslem, or if you want to become a Christian, do so out of love for the religion, and NOT love for the lady/guy! This is very important! Why should you risk a blow to your emotional infrastructure just because of "love"? Are you ready to face the problems that'll arise as a consequence of this union? Have you asked yourself what could happen to you or your eventual wife, when her "fanatical family" find out that you really played on their intelligence, by lying about your faith?
In my opinion, if you really love someone, you should not ask them to deny their faith out of love for you! But the qualities you display, as a result of clinging to that faith, should be Enough to attract that person to wanna share the same faith with you! Marriage is not a testing ground of emotions! It's not worth it, diving into marriage head first, damning all the consequences, defying religious laws, incurring the wrath of your loved ones, and then, when you both finally get married and the other side of marriage starts its manifestation, you then bite you fingers and say "had i known!"  
While the decision solely remains yours to take, Denying your faith cos of love is a sure recipe to marital disaster, in the long run! IMO! But castigating you for making any decision you choose to, is what i'll never do! It may work out for you, mind you, but realistically, the chance of it working out, is really, really, really slim!. . . Love is crazy sometimes, but my answer to the topic, would be a resounding NO!
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by kemmeye: 3:11pm On Oct 03, 2011
no i cant but shiit happens
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by MrsChima1(f): 3:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
You have fake Christians who are only Christians when they are in a relationship with a Christian and fake Muslims who are only Muslims when they are in a relationship with a Muslim.  

A devout religious person of a particular faith will not change their path of faith for anyone or anything.  

For example, Jehovah Witness (majority of them) will not marry someone of another faith simply because they are strong believers of being equally yoked with their partner in every aspects addition to religion/faith.  

Some people have interfaith marriages and those who work hard to respect each others' faith and religion are doing okay.  

My neighbor changed her religion/faith when she found out the guy she likes will only date satanists.   lipsrsealed

Yes, men and women have changed their religion/faith to be with someone out of lust love and if God is in the blessings such action wouldn't be necessary.   wink  Confusion isn't God's style.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Sike(m): 3:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
No, i can't and i won't but. . . . . . Nobody knows tomorrow.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by 9dynasty(m): 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
GOD forbid i even deny Jesus Christ for any human -dead or alive. . .i'd rather remain single. . .word
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by MrsChima1(f): 3:21pm On Oct 03, 2011
Oh word?! shocked

What if Tyra Banks say to you, "I am in love with you"? Would you convert then?
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by ShyOne(f): 3:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
Tosinville:

Can your friend read quran? her family would love to test him maybe he's a devoted muslim on his introduction day.

grin grin

pendo89:

This particular case is complex cz of relatives .
elope.

correct oooo
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by kaboninc(m): 3:28pm On Oct 03, 2011
freecocoa:

I won't try that not even for wentworth miller sef.
Abeg no go there at all at all. Na my person be that.
@OP no comment.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by GCFR: 3:50pm On Oct 03, 2011
Never!

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Why Do Girls Pull Down The Backside Of Their Tops When They See Me Coming? / Things You Should Never Do During Your Girlfriend's Period / My Girlfriend Sends Nude Pics To Her Male Lovers ???

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.