Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,660 members, 7,820,326 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:07 PM

Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? (4960 Views)

Ways Nigerian Babes React When You Deny Them Sex (SEE HERE) / 10 Ways Some Nigerian Ladies React When You Deny Them Sex / ↘Ladies, Can You Deny this Picture?↙ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by gbengaoj: 3:59pm On Oct 03, 2011
i can't deny my faith just because of human love. Of wht love do i have for a woman without the love of God?
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by hbrednic: 4:14pm On Oct 03, 2011
the greatest of all things is love,but still nothing will ever make me to convert to islam even for second.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by http(m): 4:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
@ OP, it is irresponsible of you to call people of other religion[b] Fanatics [/b] cos they are not Xtian, am sure u will not allow someone to insult ur parent just because they have a view as to what is better for them, let be cautious enough when addressing people. angry if you can't married someone from other relion, that is ur matter.

I will advise the guy to open up, and should not pretend what he is not, that is worst than satan, if they loved each other, there is nothing anyone will do about it;even the girl's parent.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by http(m): 4:24pm On Oct 03, 2011
GCFR:

Never!

Grand C0mmander 0f the Federal Republic: Never say Never grin
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Ladytemi(f): 4:51pm On Oct 03, 2011
Never, to deny one's faith is just denying a part of yourself. In denying his faith, what happens when things do not work out with this girl.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Roland17(m): 5:04pm On Oct 03, 2011
Resisting the temptation to post on this thread has been arduous, but illicit and narrow minded comments have compelled me to state my subjective opinion.

Many here have castigated Love, but they are dying inside for the true feeling of love, even though i am of a school of thought that love is certainly not enough to keep a relationship, i certainly would never underestimate its powers, especially if the feeling between both is mutual and true.

I wish to remind forum members that you are first of all Human before christian, Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, white, black, tall, short, dark skinned or light skinned, Rich or poor and that simply means we would all return back to the dust as humans and not as those names.

Religion is inevitable in relationships, but should never alter feelings, ask your self how many totally Christian or Muslim marriages have ended in divorce? are you still counting?, so why should inter religious not be given a chance to breath, despite its sensitivity?

I am totally disappointed at Christians who constantly remind themselves that they are first of all Christians before human,and are fond of castigating other forms of worship, their souls are as dirty as a white cloak dipped in black dye, so i ask them what differentiates you from a racist? if you have never suffered a racist slur you would never understand the importance of oneness,  they have forgotten that the book of genesis reminds us that we were all (without any exception) created in the image and likeness of God. if Jesus we christian claim to worship could climb the synagogue without any bias and teach, trying to convert people with his character, who are you to do something different.

I would not deny my Christian faith, but i would certainly never deny my love, i would stand for it, especially if its mutual and true, i would give it my best shot and hope it works, if it does not work, i would lick my wound and the scars memories of a true love comes with and walk with my heads up high, proud that i have fulfilled the gospel of Jesus which stated LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU LOVE YOUR SELF, TREAT YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOU WOULD LOVE TO BE TREATED.

I would rather marry a Muslim, Pagan, Atheist, tall, short, black, white, yoruba, hausa i am very comfortable with, a girl with prospects to be a good mother and wife to the family than marry a christian without moral values, discipline to please the world and religion and live the rest of my life in Misery and regret.

I am dedicating this post to my very good friend MOURAD a Muslim from Morocco who knows the true worth of friendship.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by JUO(m): 5:19pm On Oct 03, 2011
no
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Ranoscky(m): 5:48pm On Oct 03, 2011
False denial of one's religion b'cos of some [b]s[/b]tupid thing called LOVE? undecided. . . .WONDERFULY WONDERFUL!!

Why not the girl go ahead and marry the guy regardless if her parents wil dis-own her or not?, I taught they say "LOVE conquers all?" undecided

NONSENSICAL NONSENSE !!!
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Nobody: 5:57pm On Oct 03, 2011
Ranoscky:

False denial of one's religion b'cos of some s[/b]tupid thing called LOVE? undecided. . . .WONDERFULY WONDERFUL!!

Why not the girl go ahead and marry the guy regardless if her parents wil dis-own her or not?, I taught they say "LOVE conquers all?" undecided

NONSENSICAL NONSENSE [b]NONSENTICUS!!!

cool

. . . . . . I dig! in other words, better to remain Religiously unaffiliated, than claim to have a religion and then DENY IT because of love, and then again, turn around and cry about Religious intolerance or whatever! Makes no sense!. . . .
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by bossinie: 6:02pm On Oct 03, 2011
larrysng:

There is this friend of mine who is in luv with dis very girl from a muslim family in Ilorin. This girl family were muslim fanatics that will nt allow their childrens to marry any religions except their own. This girl luv my friend so much that she suggest to him to pretend to be a muslim whenever they want to marry and thereafter the wedding he can continue practising his christianity. My friend is in a dillema now and don't know what to do.
Would you deny your faith/religion because of luv?
This pretext part strikes me with some air of fabrication(might be wrong  undecided) but i cannot imagine a Christian from birth being able to pretend by 'actions' to be a Muslim to the point that he will be passed-off successfully as a practicing Muslim by a judge of fanatical Muslims Well if it is a plan in the pipes i suggest they discard it as it will not work!!!

Truth is,i do not buy this bogus story by this poster.Quite frankly such a scenario may exist but not in the manner the poster wants us to believe it occurred because realistic reasoning faults the asserted dimension of solution approach.

However,in the spirit of progressive contribution i will say it is a faulty foundation to build your love & family upon as a denial of ones faith in the name of 'love' is a blatant disregard of the very source of true LOVE.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Ranoscky(m): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
sexkillz:

cool

. . . . . . I dig! in other words, better to remain Religiously unaffiliated, than claim to have a religion and then DENY IT because of love, and then again, turn around and cry about Religious intolerance or whatever! Makes no sense!. . . .
Makes NO sense, my broda. Am telling you, honestly!
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by 9dynasty(m): 6:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

Oh word?! shocked

What if Tyra Banks say to you, "I am in love with you"? Would you convert then?
oh please, firstly i don't dig tyra banks and i can't believe you could even suggest her vs Jesus for me. . .really you should have just said what if i waz given some good money. . .not that i will give in but i'm just saying money for me is rather more tempting but NO i stick to my faith. cheers
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Nobody: 6:31pm On Oct 03, 2011
Yes , Its better to be happy with a good spouse than be miserable forever. I discussed this topic with my friend recently when she brought up a story bout her past, she was engaged to a religious man like her and all she got was abuse for about a year all cos she wants to satisfy her parents, she ran away eventually and marry a man with a different believe, she still practices her believe and the man is very understanding and tolerant, happily married with 3 children. smiley
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by mbatuku1: 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
These religionists can phuck themselves.

Dude, just pretend along to get the love of your life.

Your girl is the type of girls that I really like. Seems like the type that will always be on your side no matter how tough the going gets.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by 9dynasty(m): 6:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
mbatuku1:

[b]These religionists can phuck themselve[/b]s.

Dude, just pretend along to get the love of your life.

Your girl is the type of girls that I really like. Seems like the type that will always be on your side no matter how tough the going gets.
Love kill you. . .you don get eslap from system before, who you say make im phuck you?
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by tymmy: 7:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
i don't think i can ever deny my faith because of love, no, not at all.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by lifestyle1(m): 7:40pm On Oct 03, 2011
Don't do it and also be careful,
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by MrsChima1(f): 8:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
9dynasty:

oh please, firstly i don't dig tyra banks and i can't believe you could even suggest her vs Jesus for me. . .really you should have just said what if i waz given some good money. . .not that i will give in but i'm just saying money for me is rather more tempting but NO i stick to my faith. cheers

I hear you but surprisingly others have rejected Jesus for a piece of arse and say it was love.

Good to know you wouldn't reject Jesus for some nookie. wink
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by xterra2(m): 8:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
[size=14pt]A muslim man can marry a christian or a jew even

BUT, a muslim girl cant marry a christian man [/size]

Thats why the family refused - my guess
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 03, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

My neighbor changed her religion/faith when she found out the guy she likes will only date satanists.   lipsrsealed
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Amalaaba: 10:34pm On Oct 03, 2011
Roland 17, Thanks for your submission. Its good to read a refreshingly different Christian.

I think my Christian brothers are too full of themselves that they consider others as inferiors. How about Adeboye donating his daughter to a Muslim happily to show he is tolerant and not a fanatic!

I'm sure he would accuse the daughter of being possessed by demonic forces! Its not fair to give a drug you reject to other person(s)

That union is useless. The lady can get all she wants in a man in uncountable Muslim men.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by delpee(f): 10:38pm On Oct 03, 2011
@poster
If the girl is truly a muslim from ILORIN, your friend should dump the idea pretty fast. Unfortunately its a very risky thing to do in that area.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 04, 2011
LOL she asking him to pull an Obama?!  grin

For him to be "confused" about this means he's not really a christian to begin with.
The answer to her suggestion should be a resounding "no". He should take the matter to God.

Per-adventure, it could be that, through him, her entire family could be saved.
But it will NOT be by deceit.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by 2nex(m): 1:01am On Oct 04, 2011
@roland17 like your coment and it realy mks sense compare to sme of the posts.kp it up bro,en maY GOD continue to bles your memory.wel,as 4me i tnk d guy shld b very krfl bcus its delic8 en considr d consequences of wat hes abt doin.nomata d advice givn to us we'l al av d final say.roland as said it al
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by 2nex(m): 1:44am On Oct 04, 2011
, omissin, he shld b very carefl en considr d consequences b4 takn any step. cus its very delic8.4 nomata d thousnds of advice he wil always av d final say/decisn.tink big,
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by joelsky: 3:05am On Oct 04, 2011
Wouldn't try it at all, after the first 5 years, the lewd picture starts to set it, !
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by duduspace(m): 6:09am On Oct 04, 2011
Religion was made for man and not man for religion. Go figure.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by itiswell1(m): 6:38am On Oct 04, 2011
Not at all.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by MrsChima1(f): 6:41am On Oct 04, 2011
duduspace:

Religion was made for man and not man for religion. Go figure.

That's the truth. wink

I haven't heard that since Sarah Palin announced she can see Russia from Alaska. lipsrsealed
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by manmustwac(m): 7:29am On Oct 04, 2011
Yes I would because I think its best that I pretend to be a Christian and don't let her know that am really an athiest until its to late coz of I tell jer now while the relationship is still developing she would think am a witch or demon and runaway from me.
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Brymo: 7:43am On Oct 04, 2011
[b][/b][color=#000099][/color] cry[flash=200,200][/flash]
Re: Would You Deny Your Faith Because Of Love? by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 04, 2011
manmustwac:

Yes I would because I think its best that I pretend to be a Christian and don't let her know that am really an athiest [/b]until its to late coz of I tell jer now while the relationship is still developing she would think am a witch or demon and runaway from me.
This statement smacks of unenviable confusion! Pretend to be a Christian to her muslim parents and dont let her know you are Atheist? What tha hell?  

Title of thread is "Would you Deny your [b]faith
because of love?" Atheists Neither believe in Faith or Love! Therefore, an atheist has nothing to deny!. . . . I knew that the Atheists on Nairaland were a bunch of very very obstreperous discombobulated peeps!. . .  cool

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Who Is More Selfish In Nature? Men Or Women? / THREAD For BAD Boys Only / My Girlfriend Is Acting Unusual

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.