Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,237 members, 7,839,258 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:48 PM

Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? - Health (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? (1286667 Views)

Looking For The Best IVF/IUI/ICSI Why Not Try Stjudewomenshealthcare Abuja / Destinations For Successful Fertility Treatments / Are you thinking Ivf, Iui As Another Option? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (424) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 1:27am On Sep 14, 2012
Folks back to the issues @ hand, Lets refocus and talk about what truely matters. For all those going through IVF and any other form off assisted conception, i am sending you buckets full of sticky baby dust.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 4:29am On Sep 14, 2012
Where are all my millenium mama's in the house? Please I beg you all, Where is Oviasouth, MrsM, Daniella and aLl those who are starting their procedures this month. How far have you guys gone? My lovely, adorable twins send their love straight from the comfy of mummy's womb to all of u and are praying seriously that you will be next to carry yours and even triplets if u so desire it. Speak the word my sisters that none shall be barren in the land and also remember that you're in God's waiting room for a purpose, to bring forth the next most important person in the world. After all, all the waiting mothers in the bible made history as they all delivered mighty men of Valour. You are all specially and wonderfully made and God will definitely grant you the desires of your heart. No woman is better or more special than you because they have kids, their timing is only earlier than urs cos urs will surely come. Baby dust to all my mamas in the house. Will be going for my 20wks scan soon, will keep u guys updated if my Gs agrees to open their legs wide for us to see. Can't wait. Baby dusts and sticky vibes to all of u, muaaah much love.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 10:38am On Sep 14, 2012
Hi ladies,
Don't even knw how to start or express my gratituide to God 4 dese wondaful miracle and priviledge.
Had my ist IUI end of last month.Was so scared of the long wait(2ww) and finally summoned enuf courage 2 test on sunday exactly 14 days afta,and it was positive.Son shocked that I kept on testing everyday up until wednesday also did a blood test.Same
thing.
I just still in shock.Will be going for a scan nxt week to check that all's well.Doc says the chances of multiple is high,since I produced quite a number of follicles. Funny thing is,I feel so normal save for cramps and sore nipples

God is def still in d bizness of miracles.Pls dnt give up

13 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:07am On Sep 14, 2012
congrats believer84. @blendy i am starting by nxt month and hoping to have twins like u by God's grace. lots of sticky vibes to all expectant mothers.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 11:10am On Sep 14, 2012
believer84: Hi ladies,
Don't even knw how to start or express my gratituide to God 4 dese wondaful miracle and priviledge.
Had my ist IUI end of last month.Was so scared of the long wait(2ww) and finally summoned enuf courage 2 test on sunday exactly 14 days afta,and it was positive.Son shocked that I kept on testing everyday up until wednesday also did a blood test.Same
thing.
I just still in shock.Will be going for a scan nxt week to check that all's well.Doc says the chances of multiple is high,since I produced quite a number of follicles. Funny thing is,I feel so normal save for cramps and sore nipples

Congratulations on your successful IUI and hopefully you will be seeing 2 Gestation sac on Ultrasound next week,your blessings will be double double. Please try and share your testimony on the TTC thread also in order to lift the other women there. Wishing you a stressfree 38weeks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by agiboma(f): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
believer84: Hi ladies,
thing.

HAPPPPY DANCE grin grin grin grin grin CONGRATS OOO
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by VENUSS(f): 12:03pm On Sep 14, 2012
congrats@ believer, and dont stress watsoever. blenddy how are d twins doing.
@ ovisouth. i did not start my ivf, for some reason. maybe i will just go to abj if they move.pls eat healthy and relax. this time its gonna be +ve. just blive
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Sep 14, 2012
Thanks a lot ladies.@Blendy,its Regenesis Fertiility clinic,off unity road,ikeja.will confirm the name of the street.I can assure anyone who visits that the dr knws his onions.Spent a total N162,000 drugs inclusive.Ivf costs N400 excluding drugs
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:44pm On Sep 14, 2012
Havent heard of this clinic before. Congrats Dear, at least those who cant afford IVF can give IUI a try. N162k is reasonable. was it your first attempt? and you wrote N400 for the procedure itself. Was is N40,000 you wanted to write? Congrats my sister. God will perfect that which concerns you.

Venus Baby, we've moved on Since the anti-spam is now working, please allow the virus to sleep. See all the good things God is already doing in our midst, positive result with IUI and so many other pregnancies this year, what other testimony do we want again except to agree with the word of God which says none shall be barren. God has proved Himself that ALL are meant to have their own as they desire so Babes let's move on and celebrate our babies in advance.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 2:04pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Blendy the clinic is barely 3yrs bt the sucess rates is amazing.I meant IVF costs N400,000k at the clinic and the doc believes strongly in make fertility treatments affordable for couples. IUI was N162,000k and It is my first IUI ever! We were working 2wards IVF if d IUI didn't work out.Alas,God had better plans!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by omogemi: 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2012
@VENUSS thanx 4 d response. She never went thru it but she has pple who have n she thinks its d same thing. . . Abeg leave her alone. U knw what they say abt silence being d best answer. . . . .
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by RocksQueen: 5:09pm On Sep 14, 2012
@all..hope am allowed to come join you all? Cos I have finally gotten off my butt and started fertility treatments!

@believer..(Hugssss) thank God for you o! I wish u a healthy happy preggy and safe delivery.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 5:26pm On Sep 14, 2012
@blendy77 well said my sister so happy the anti-spam is now working so we dont give the virus more chance,lol.lots of love to you and the twins.

@believer84 so happy for u my sister this is really a good news.i wish u a pleasant and stress free nine month.

@venuss the devil is a liar i also could not start my ivf as planned do to some reasons beyond our control,we have put everything into Gods hand i beleive we shall all smile very very soooooon.

1 Like

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 5:40pm On Sep 14, 2012
believer84: @Blendy the clinic is barely 3yrs bt the sucess rates is amazing.I meant IVF costs N400,000k at the clinic and the doc believes strongly in make fertility treatments affordable for couples. IUI was N162,000k and It is my first IUI ever! We were working 2wards IVF if d IUI didn't work out.Alas,God had better plans!

but can you please confirm ivf including medication and test,because i think most clinics in naija cost the same excluding drugs if am right.thanks
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 14, 2012
@Abibyy, its 400k excluding drugs, test etc
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 8:54pm On Sep 14, 2012
Rocksqueen u're everly welcomed to join us. I've read some of your posts on the ttc thread and I must say u're doing a good job.

Abibyy, not all ivf center charge the same price. The average Nigerian ivf center charges roughly 1m and above so if this believers clinic charges 400k, I must say its very cheap because on the average you can't spend more than 100-150k on drugs if you're a good responder. So spending 550k for drugs and procedure is very cheap. but then you need to confirm their success rate and procedure. omni is one ivf center that is very cheap but with very low success rate as all their equipments and procedure seem to be archaic so wont advice anyone to go there cos what's the use of wasting 200k on a procedure that you know wont work? So do your homework well by asking questions from other successful patients.

Believer congrats once more for sharing this information. God bless you real good. is this clinic the same as the ivf clinic 7colours has been advertising donor eggs and sper.m and cheap ivf promo? The location you described seem close.
baby dust and sticky vibes to all!
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 9:46pm On Sep 14, 2012
@blendy77 @believer84 thanks ladies for your response but a friend of mine told me they charge the same at nordica in abuja,though we we are not using there but av also got a relative who has the same fertility issue who needs a cheaper clinic and good sucess rate because they need to start the ivf fast as age is not on their side.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by champs: 10:02pm On Sep 14, 2012
The cost of IUI is #50,000 Naira and IVF #250,000 Naira excluding drugs and test @ University of Benin Teaching Hospital (UBTH),Benin city with fair success rate.The cost of IVF are not the same in all hospital.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:34pm On Sep 14, 2012
you're very correct champs. i actually forgot to mention that govt hospitals are the cheapest. national hospital in abj gave me a quotation of 250k without drugs then but for a private hospital to charge 400k, its quite reasonable going by the ivf market rate in naija.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by abibyy(f): 6:49am On Sep 15, 2012
thanks ladies
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 11:09am On Sep 15, 2012
hello ladies, pls wanted to ask was anyone on babyaspirin? just curious as it helps with miscarriage, dont know if ur clinic give such to prevent any of such whether or not uve had a miscarriage? baby dust.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Sissy3(f): 6:34pm On Sep 15, 2012
Ladies,

Mrs Chima has the right to her opinions, while the contents of the those opinions might be up for debate, it is still hers. No need for personal attacks. Please.

Mrs Chima,

I'm sure these ladies here have heard of adoption, discussed it and thought about it, but still chose to continue on this process, that i think, is something that should be respected. Infertility is a difficult and personal struggle and unless you have being in those shoes and walked in them, you might never truly understand how this ladies here feel or anyone else with such pain. It is even more painful being a Nigerian woman with such difficulty. so, your adoption comments, may seem harmless and it is, the appropriateness of place and timing of it, might be a bit insensitive. you can always start up a thread on adoption and discuss it in full length. And if i may add, adoption these days is just as tedious, costly and emotionally draining as these fertility treatments and this something most people aren't aware of especially those who find it easy to suggest such options to anyone going through infertility--

----------
Please this is a SUPPORT thread for these ladies who chose this process fully aware of other options. Let's try hard and stick to it.

-------
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 1:43am On Sep 16, 2012
my clinic gives baby aspirin right from the beginning of the procedure as in, alongside busserelin and fsh drugs and you're asked to use it up to 12-16weeks. it helps with blood circulation as its know for blood thinning. I know a lot of women who did theirs in Bridge and werent given aspirin as part of the drugs and they still carried their preg to full term so my sister can't say for sure if it prevents miscarriage.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by oviasouth: 9:46am On Sep 17, 2012
@blendy tanks very much, will include baby aspirin in this my cycle. am sure it wldnt hurt. hw are ur twins? every expectant mum, baby dust.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:31am On Sep 17, 2012
Hello Beautiful Ladies in the house. How was your weekend? I got this good news last night and really can't wait to share it with all of you. There is this gynae I was introduced to by my Colleague after my first IVF this year failed but impatience coupled with the fact that my HSG wasnt ok, I just didnt see the need to waste my time there. Moreover its way off my route but the truth is this gynae helped another colleague of mine after she has received treatments abroad over her infertility and still couldnt get pregnant. But within a month of seeing this guy, She got pregnant here in Naija and has given birth to a baby boy.
Just yesterday, a friend of mine whom I introduced to this same gynae called me late in the night that she tested positive for the first time within one month of seeing this guy cos am aware she saw him first the week before Salah hols. The funny thing about this guy is that he doesnt give drugs except when absolutely necessary but he monitors ovulation to pinpoint your ovulation days and also flushes when he feels necessary. For those of us that have already heard about him, his name is Dr Smith. If you need his address please send me an email ruonar2000@yahoo.com as I understand we are not supposed to advertise clinics here. I wont write this here if I'm not sure of what am talking about. just give him a try if your case has not gotten to IVF levels, it is not a marketing strategy pls, I only want to help. For those who has been following me, you'll notice that I only started talking about Dr Emeka due to results and am bringing this one here too due to results for those who can't afford ivf.
Note that this guy doesnt do IVF and registration and consultation is just 5-10k. So if your tubes are ok and and you need an experienced hand in your case pls let me know.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 9:40am On Sep 18, 2012
Thanks a lot for hidding the above post. I really dont want to imagine its contents as am pretty sure it must be offensive. We appreciate the MODs a lot.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Nobody: 9:57am On Sep 18, 2012
Mrs chima,u jst dnt know wen †☺ stop.Women on dis forum hav registered dier displeasure,nd yet u'vε̲̣̣̣̥ still kept hammering on adoption,dats a silly tin to do,nd coming from a mother and fellow woman,its disappointing.wat if dey dnt lyk d option?? Are u gonna force 'em to follow ur opinion? It took my mum over 8yrs to have us,tho I cnt say I know exactly wat dese women are going thru as I'm nt married yet,bt I hav a good idea of it,thru my mum.‎​So plz let dem be,its nt in ur place to tell dem wat to do as I tnihk evryone of dem alredi know d option of adoption bt decided to stick wit dis,so respect dier decisions.To ppl dat love adoption,good nd fine,dey can go ahead bt to some its a last resort.Derez hope for evry woman.To evry woman here,my prayers are with u.In ₪☺ time,u'll hold Ūя̲̅ bundle of joy.God bless. NB:I chose to ignore the part where u sed some women are made to have kids and others are nt,cuz by nw I'm sure u alredi knw ow stupid,insensitive and mean dat statement is.
Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by Blendy77(f): 10:20am On Sep 18, 2012
I think she's just seeking attention so we just have to find a way to stop giving her what she's looking for. If the MOd has hidden her post, good. Am sure if she is actually a human being and a woman, she will leave us alone except she's actually the computer virus I initially suspected invaded our forum.

2 Likes

Re: Anyone Trying IVF/IUI/ICSI (Fertility Treatments)? by pikinmama: 12:50pm On Sep 18, 2012

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (424) (Reply)

NEW BORN BABIES! Are U A New Mum? Then Lets Discuss Babies Here!!!!! / Trying To Conceive A Child? TTC / Pregnancy Are You Pregnant Or Going Through A High Risk Pregnancy,,lets Talk

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.