Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,755 members, 7,824,165 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:58 AM

GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train (6771 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Baraje Resigns As Chairman, Nigeria Railway Corporation - / Nigeria Railway Corporation To Receive Locomotives By December – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by mukina2: 6:23pm On Oct 03, 2011
Having personally taken a ride on one of the Nigerian Railway Corporation's Mass Transit Train services which have now been extended to selected routes nationwide, I want to get your feedback on this service. Apart from the Mass Transit service, the NRC has also begun the haulage of heavy goods such as cement to ease the burden on our road networks. Have you been on these trains? Have you seen them? Please let me know your views so I can take them into consideration in making further policies in the transportation sector. GEJ
https://www.facebook.com/jonathangoodluck/posts/244994132217635
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Rhino5dm: 6:36pm On Oct 03, 2011
Is this a joke or what? oK. Mr. Presido if you must know(assuming you dont), it took us 11hrs from Lagos to Ibadan.(journey of 2hrs at most). Kai i no fit laugh.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by kulutempa: 6:41pm On Oct 03, 2011
Which are the selected routes nationwide? Are there any railheads at Tin Can island, Apapa port, and Murtala Mohammed Airport? That is where they are really needed, to ease the congestion on the roads leading to them.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by DisGuy: 6:43pm On Oct 03, 2011
has anyone actually taken the train since

apart from the test run from lagos to ilorin which was aborted/diverted to ibadan

They've not resumed the service ever since it would appear.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by engrj(m): 6:46pm On Oct 03, 2011
For me i will prefer he work on motorist road first before railway.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by engrj(m): 6:49pm On Oct 03, 2011
Pls can any 1 help me here i want to send a topic but i don't no how to go about it cus am new here & i got an interesting story. share.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by toboy: 7:15pm On Oct 03, 2011
engr j:

Pls can any 1 help me here i want to send a topic but i don't no how to go about it cus am new here & i got an interesting story. share.
how interesting is your story?
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by moshoodn(m): 7:16pm On Oct 03, 2011
A cousin of mine took a ride on the train in his dreams!
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by hercules07: 7:22pm On Oct 03, 2011
Guys should just visit the Railway yard at Alagomeji, you will weep for Nigeria, there are junks all over the place, infact, the most modern space there is owned by Lagos state (being used by the Chinese Construction company)
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by tunde300us(m): 7:26pm On Oct 03, 2011
This ppl re really out of touch with reality,which train is he talking abt sef ?
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by moderatorr: 7:52pm On Oct 03, 2011
someone is trying to make the country better in his own capacity and some people(GEJ give-us-action people) are here making jest of their education.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by http(m): 7:54pm On Oct 03, 2011
tunde300us:

This ppl re really out of touch with reality,which train is he talking abt sef ?

The one from Aso villa to Gwagwalada grin grin grin grin

hercules07:

Guys should just visit the Railway yard at Alagomeji, you will weep for Nigeria, there are junks all over the place, infact, the most modern space there is owned by Lagos state (being used by the Chinese Construction company)

no mind them, i don't know how many of them done enter Train before let alone know of Ido or Alago-meji, GEJ is justusing that medium to fool his blind followers angry
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by tunde300us(m): 7:56pm On Oct 03, 2011
Oga next time when u dey go ur village make u take the train ,am sure u go do 2 holidays on the same spot .No one is saying the man isnt trying,but the fb post is just not it sir.
Which train i ask u again ?
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by http(m): 8:03pm On Oct 03, 2011
tunde300us:

Oga next time when u dey go your village make u take the train ,am sure u go do 2 holidays on the same spot .No one is saying the man isnt trying,but the fb post is just not it sir.
Which train i ask u again ?

I can't even understand his motive behind the false report from Pres. GEJ, cos its like GEJ is a Facebook president, not Nigeria, i guess he spend more time on facebook than anything else, if not he will have more time doing things than useless facebook update.

Presido GEJ, do your job and forget about facebook, when you perform well, ur facebook will be overload with good comment, the reason why you are asking us is either, u don't have any idea or what need to be done or u are completely in another world angry angry angry
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by engrj(m): 8:20pm On Oct 03, 2011
Can some 1 help me to send this topic i just read it on pm news {http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/09/30/woman-to-die-by-hanging/}

Woman To Die By Hanging
Emotions were high at High Court Number 10, Maiduguri, Borno State, northeast Nigeria today when Rebecca Emmanuel who was accused of poisoning her 9-year old son, Ishaya Emmanuel sometime in 2008 was sentenced to death by hanging.Rebecca, mother of four who was earlier granted bail by the court and had consistently appeared at the court during her trial, could not get the sympathy of the trial judge Justice Pirogai Ngada who, while delivering her judgement said: “I agree that she has four children and has never absconded from bail but Section 221 of the law under which she is convicted is a mandatory provision of culpable homicide punishable by death. I wish I can temper justice with mercy. But I can’t because she is hereby sentenced to death by hanging.”
On 20 January, 2008 Rebecca Emmanuel lured her son, Ishaya Emmanuel to a bush where she gave him a Maltina drink laced with poison which led to Ishaya’s death after which the convict burnt the corpse.
In one of her confessional statements during the trial, Rebecca had said: “I went to my father’s house and picked my child. We got to a place where I got a poisonous substance at the sum of N20 and matches. I took him to a bush and laced the substance in a bottle of Maltina.
“I made him drink it. After 30 minutes, the boy died and I set him ablaze, so that no one could recognise him and I left for my husband’s house.”
Delivering the judgement, the judge said she was satisfied by the confessional statement made by the accused person.
P.M.NEWS learnt that Rebecca Emmanuel had Ishaya out of wedlock. He was aid to be the product of an illicit relationship between Rebecca and a military officer.
She must have killed the boy because of the trauma she passed in the hand of the unknown military man.
As the matter is, it is not clear whether the convict will appeal the judgement.
—Maduabuchi Nmeribeh/Maiduguri
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Obinnau(m): 8:41pm On Oct 03, 2011
The action of the woman i very grievious but they should tamper justice with mercy. She had 4 children alive let them leave her to cater for their wellbieng or will the state cater for her children.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by AjanleKoko: 8:51pm On Oct 03, 2011
engr j:

Can some 1 help me to send this topic i just read it on pm news {http://pmnewsnigeria.com/2011/09/30/woman-to-die-by-hanging/}

Woman To Die By Hanging
Emotions were high at High Court Number 10, Maiduguri, Borno State, northeast Nigeria today when Rebecca Emmanuel who was accused of poisoning her 9-year old son, Ishaya Emmanuel sometime in 2008 was sentenced to death by hanging.Rebecca, mother of four who was earlier granted bail by the court and had consistently appeared at the court during her trial, could not get the sympathy of the trial judge Justice Pirogai Ngada who, while delivering her judgement said: “I agree that she has four children and has never absconded from bail but Section 221 of the law under which she is convicted is a mandatory provision of culpable homicide punishable by death. I wish I can temper justice with mercy. But I can’t because she is hereby sentenced to death by hanging.”
On 20 January, 2008 Rebecca Emmanuel lured her son, Ishaya Emmanuel to a bush where she gave him a Maltina drink laced with poison which led to Ishaya’s death after which the convict burnt the corpse.
In one of her confessional statements during the trial, Rebecca had said: “I went to my father’s house and picked my child. We got to a place where I got a poisonous substance at the sum of N20 and matches. I took him to a bush and laced the substance in a bottle of Maltina.
“I made him drink it. After 30 minutes, the boy died and I set him ablaze, so that no one could recognise him and I left for my husband’s house.”
Delivering the judgement, the judge said she was satisfied by the confessional statement made by the accused person.
P.M.NEWS learnt that Rebecca Emmanuel had Ishaya out of wedlock. He was aid to be the product of an illicit relationship between Rebecca and a military officer.
She must have killed the boy because of the trauma she passed in the hand of the unknown military man.
As the matter is, it is not clear whether the convict will appeal the judgement.
—Maduabuchi Nmeribeh/Maiduguri

Why you dey derail the thread na?
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Ymodulus: 9:32pm On Oct 03, 2011
Is this man a clown? He has the effontry to publicly tell d whole world about 19th generation trains.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by delpee(f): 9:37pm On Oct 03, 2011
The truth is that the trains are now working but they they dont look new or modern to me. I have seen the overloaded snail-pace moving train around Ikeja and Yaba a few times when i had to go that way early in the morning. Someone who works at NRC also confirmed that the train goes to Ibadan (don't know how many hours sha).

I saw it being used as intercity transport in Kaduna some 2 years ago and was told there's Offa-Ilorin shuttle, Kano Intra city service etc. The Abuja line is being constructed if the place that I was shown not too far from Eagle square is anything to go by.

I am being encouraged to take a ride using the first class cabin which is said to be comfortable. Problem is that I cant risk spending too many hours going to Ibadan even though the express road is a constant nightmare too.

Meanwhile GEJ should bring more coaches (hopefully more modern this time) so people will stop hanging on the doors or sitting on the roof (as i saw in Ikeja) thereby risking their lives.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by goggs(m): 10:01pm On Oct 03, 2011
the trains in Kaduna work and is a sure way to beat the traffic jam on the bridge across river kaduna. Its dead cheap and heavily patronised too.

I think the rail system is more suited for goods for now not people
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Gbenge77(m): 10:07pm On Oct 03, 2011
the speed of the trains does appear to be an issue here.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by 9jafreak: 10:25pm On Oct 03, 2011
[size=15pt]Nigeria:

A Nation built on HOPE, PRAYER and WISHFUL-THINKING.

God Bless Nigeria!

North!
[/size]
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by engrddebo: 10:47pm On Oct 03, 2011
it will only take time.elede maa d'oyo;ariwo re lo maa po.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by moderatorr: 12:21am On Oct 04, 2011
9jafreak:

[size=15pt]Nigeria:

A Nation built on HOPE, PRAYER and WISHFUL-THINKING.

God Bless Nigeria!

North!
[/size]

an imbe.cile's soliloqy
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Beaf: 12:47am On Oct 04, 2011
delpee:

The truth is that the trains are now working but they they dont look new or modern to me.  I have seen the overloaded snail-pace moving train around Ikeja and Yaba a few times when i had to go that way early in the morning. Someone who works at NRC also confirmed that the train goes to Ibadan (don't know how many hours sha).

I saw it being used as intercity transport in Kaduna some 2 years ago and was told there's Offa-Ilorin shuttle, Kano Intra city service etc. The Abuja line is being constructed if the place that I was shown not too far from Eagle square is anything to go by.

I am being encouraged to take a ride using the first class cabin which is said to be comfortable. Problem is that I cant risk spending too many hours going to Ibadan even though the express road is a constant nightmare too.

Meanwhile GEJ should bring more coaches (hopefully more modern this time) so people will stop hanging on the doors or sitting on the roof (as i saw in Ikeja) thereby risking their lives.

goggs:

the trains in Kaduna work and is a sure way to beat the traffic jam on the bridge across river kaduna. Its dead cheap and heavily patronised too.

I think the rail  system is more suited for goods for now not people

I find these two posts to be quite educative and mature.

It would appear from what you are saying that the railway system is a viable form of transportation for people and goods. Its much cheaper, could also be much faster, but the sector still needs a lot of love and attention.

We should really sit on govt to deliver a functioning railway, to that end I believe GEJ's request for info on our experiences is quite encouraging. All modern countries have functional rail systems, in fact rail is always the transportation backbone, followed by road and air (our airports are way too few too).
We haul everything by road and our worst roads tend to carry the heaviest duty traffic, so its no surprise that our road network is wretched; years of corruption, poor planning and absence of application have taken their horrible toll. The greatest example is the Benin - Lagos road that is swamped by heavy timber trucks; such cargo should really not be on our roads, stressing the life out of them; it is much cheaper and efficient to transport heavy goods by rail or water.

I hear some folk here calling for roads to be fixed first; I say fixing roads and building a befitting rail system can happen side by side. In cities like Seoul, London, indeed the entire developed World, rail travel is the backbone of transportation and is always cheaper and more enjoyable than going by road. Why is Nigeria different? Why do we like to fight the natural paths to progress?
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by claw4ever: 2:51am On Oct 04, 2011
Mr. President first I must commend you on your effort to look into the transportation sector of our beloved Country,
I think what we need is a new generation railway transportation system for goods & human use and not working on same old abandoned ones which can not effectively serve the purpose they 're meant for.
E.g India & China railway transportation system can be looked into for better understanding of what we need in Nigeria.

May God help Nigeria !
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by ric123: 5:11am On Oct 04, 2011
This GEJ guy has lost touch with reality
Simply a clown
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by marvix(m): 5:15am On Oct 04, 2011
I think GEJ just wants to get feedback from us.

For all we know, the guys running the rail maybe asking for approval of N1b for trains working and GEJ wants to hear first hand how far the amounts released last time has affected us.

Portharcourt has not seen any train or rail and I have said this on his status, instead of always criticising why dont we engage our leaders, if you have pics post them on his wall where he can see it if he actually goes through it, but I can tell you that Jonathan actually follows us on social media at least his advisers tell him what we are saying.

This to me is the dividend and beauty of democracy, we can actually talk to our leaders!!!
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by AjanleKoko: 5:25am On Oct 04, 2011
marvix:

I think GEJ just wants to get feedback from us.

For all we know, the guys running the rail maybe asking for approval of N1b for trains working and GEJ wants to hear first hand how far the amounts released last time has affected us.

Portharcourt has not seen any train or rail and I have said this on his status, instead of always criticising why dont we engage our leaders, if you have pics post them on his wall where he can see it if he actually goes through it, but I can tell you that Jonathan actually follows us on social media at least his advisers tell him what we are saying.

This to me is the dividend and beauty of democracy, we can actually talk to our leaders!!!

Good then.
Please tell him that whatever he thinks has been done is utter nonsense.
Sebi he has taken a ride for himself. He should google and look for images of railways rolled out in other parts of the world, and ask himself if what they have done even comes close. For example, the railway in India.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by marvix(m): 5:30am On Oct 04, 2011
@Ajanle this is Nigeria not India, he wants to know from u. As he done anything wrong by postin the question? We really need to engage our leaders in constructive dialogue, this is the only way to encourage performance. If you think that anyone who serves as president,minister or gov or even commisioner in Nigeria will be poor then u are not started yet.
GEJ made a nice point asking, at least d rail have not been workin in d last 10yrs so we are just abt overcomin inertia!

(1) (2) (Reply)

FG Fuel Subsidy Account Empty / Shocking Story Abouth The North And Their Ageda For Nigerian (pics) / Tinubu scores once again as Fashola emerge SGF

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.