Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,664 members, 7,837,459 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 02:56 AM

GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train (6774 Views)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service / Baraje Resigns As Chairman, Nigeria Railway Corporation - / Nigeria Railway Corporation To Receive Locomotives By December – Minister (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by AjanleKoko: 5:34am On Oct 04, 2011
marvix:

@Ajanle this is Nigeria not India, he wants to know from u. As he done anything wrong by postin the question? We really need to engage our leaders in constructive dialogue, this is the only way to encourage performance. If you think that anyone who serves as president,minister or gov or even commisioner in Nigeria will be poor then u are not started yet.
GEJ made a nice point asking, at least d rail have not been workin in d last 10yrs so we are just abt overcomin inertia!

I don't really get your point, you know.
Are you saying GEJ is waiting for us to tell him what to do about everything?
So why does he have all those advisers?
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by marvix(m): 5:39am On Oct 04, 2011
Ajanle are u saying he does not need our feedback since he has advisers who are already on his payroll.
His advisers will give him official reports and ours thru facebook will serve as a check 2 dose reports for all we know an adviser can be compromised to give good reports 2 d president but u and I on fb will tell d president exactly how we see it.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by AjanleKoko: 5:45am On Oct 04, 2011
marvix:

Ajanle are u saying he does not need our feedback since he has advisers who are already on his payroll.
His advisers will give him official reports and ours thru facebook will serve as a check 2 dose reports for all we know an adviser can be compromised to give good reports 2 d president but u and I on fb will tell d president exactly how we see it.

Well, show him this thread. He has feedback. This is good enough feedback, really.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by ric123: 5:47am On Oct 04, 2011
@ Marvix Ajanle are u saying he does not need our feedback since he has advisers who are already on his payroll.

So it is now government by Facebook Getting interesting by the day Anyone still doubting GEJ and his fans have really lost touch with reality
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by dafman10(m): 6:01am On Oct 04, 2011
Its a pity dat most critics are just 100% destructive. Ajanlekoko and co, even though GEJ has lorry loads of advisers, he needs  us to engage him constructively too.  Have u 4goten most of dese political jobbers ar bloddy "all is going wel sir" kind of bois? Lets join hands 2 make our country great.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by AjanleKoko: 6:21am On Oct 04, 2011
dafman10:

Its a pity dat most critics are just 100% destructive. Ajanlekoko and co, even though GEJ has lorry loads of advisers, he needs  us to engage him constructively too.  Have u 4goten most of dese political jobbers ar bloddy "all is going wel sir" kind of bois? Lets join hands 2 make our country great.

Now what kind of elementary-school post is that?
So GEJ can't be trusted to choose advisers that know what needs to be done. Is that what you are saying?
It's bad enough to have an incompetent president, but we could do without a dumb and confused populace, really.

Anyway . . . look, we don't want to 'gist' with your GEJ on Facebook. He should concentrate on fulfilling his electoral promises, and run the bloody country. Not whine about how some of us don't like him. We don't want to like him, we just need him to do his job so we can get on with ours.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by dayokanu(m): 6:27am On Oct 04, 2011
This Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan is really pathetic

He must have seen the resemblance between the sluggish trains and himself
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by moderatorr: 7:22am On Oct 04, 2011
dayokanu:

This Odechukwu Retardeen Jonathan is really pathetic

He must have seen the resemblance between the sluggish trains and himself
people they talk, this mumu follow they talk. Please google the word FEEDBACK so you understand where we are.
dafman10:

how can you be aguing with the president of nigerian slowpoke community? Will you ever win?
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by marvix(m): 7:23am On Oct 04, 2011
I think I should rest my case here. Thanks for your time Ajanle.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 04, 2011
GEJ is a liar!
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 04, 2011
or whoever post that sheet there to make gej look like a dumb liar! ah ah
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by lagerwhenindoubt(m): 8:34am On Oct 04, 2011
moderatorr:

an imbe.cile's soliloqy

care to tell us what Nigeria is driven on wink
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by odomanis: 11:16am On Oct 04, 2011
For Those of you who have positively responded to the President's request for feed back on our rail system, God bless you all. You your continued support and coperation.Nigeria shall be great.

And for those of you who chose to abuse and insult, I pray you grow up. I think your problem is illiteracy and ignorance. You guys should go to school and really study what modern democracy is all about.

A President wants to hear directly from his people what the situation on the ground is and a sane person says he is wasting time?
Should he rather depend completely on the lies his aides feed him with?

Why cant you just say something like: Mr President the train is so slow. Or the train does not work again. Or whatever provided you are saying the truth?

May God forgive all of you.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by niviso: 11:39am On Oct 04, 2011
When will South South start enjoying the train service. The rails are covered with overgrown grasses.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by YarisMan(m): 1:02pm On Oct 04, 2011
Beaf:

I find these two posts to be quite educative and mature.

It would appear from what you are saying that the railway system is a viable form of transportation for people and goods. Its much cheaper, could also be much faster, but the sector still needs a lot of love and attention.

We should really sit on govt to deliver a functioning railway, to that end I believe GEJ's request for info on our experiences is quite encouraging. All modern countries have functional rail systems, in fact rail is always the transportation backbone, followed by road and air (our airports are way too few too).
We haul everything by road and our worst roads tend to carry the heaviest duty traffic, so its no surprise that our road network is wretched; years of corruption, poor planning and absence of application have taken their horrible toll. The greatest example is the Benin - Lagos road that is swamped by heavy timber trucks; such cargo should really not be on our roads, stressing the life out of them; it is much cheaper and efficient to transport heavy goods by rail or water.

I hear some folk here calling for roads to be fixed first; I say fixing roads and building a befitting rail system can happen side by side. In cities like Seoul, London, indeed the entire developed World, rail travel is the backbone of transportation and is always cheaper and more enjoyable than going by road. Why is Nigeria different? Why do we like to fight the natural paths to progress?

You are not sincere at all!!
Your tone is soft here 'cos GEJ issue is being discussed, if it were to be other people like Govnor Aregbesola in Osun State, you 'll be spinning rubbish. Learn to be honest even with yourself.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by manny4life(m): 1:15pm On Oct 04, 2011
Why can't the fed give out a concession bid to private firm to manage this rail way say for 10 to 25yrs with a handsome capital improvement program? I mean if a private firm takes over the rail system, if they invest about no more than $50million on rail tracks, equipments upgrades, this will solve art least 1/5th of the problems.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by marvix(m): 1:18pm On Oct 04, 2011
Yarisman Beafs post exhibits maturity and I have not seen him in recent times biting out on opposition leaders. It is time for us to constructively engage a president that is prepared to constructively engage us!
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by YarisMan(m): 1:35pm On Oct 04, 2011
marvix:

Yarisman Beafs post exhibits maturity and I have not seen him in recent times biting out on opposition leaders. It is time for us to constructively engage a president that is prepared to constructively engage us!

@Marvix, Beaf is going to disappoint you if you dare team up with him in any area.
FYI, he had two posts today only on Aregbesola. in fact it seems he had decided to concentrate his criticism on Aregbesola these days. Gov. Uduaghan is messing up in Beaf's state, he will never say or post anything about him solely 'cos he's a PDP man. I'm sure Beaf is been paid for all these mediocrity and bias. The day they owe him for one month, he will begin to see their bad sides.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by Nobody: 3:00pm On Oct 04, 2011
Why is Nigeria's rail system still a monopoly solely operated by an inept and corrupt parastatal? That sector should be liberalized so that transporters with money can buy their own trains and run on the existing tracks and compete with the NRC. Or even be allowed to build their own tracks since a government run railways has proven to be a colossal failure since independence.

So far, we have been better off with private airlines, shipping lines and road transporters since the government owned ones have been destroyed by gross mismanagement! The railways should be no exception.
Re: GEJ's Personal Experience On National Railway Corporation (NLC) Transit Train by dayokanu(m): 4:33pm On Oct 04, 2011
marvix:

Can you visit this thread that was opened today by Beaf.

He even stated that he doesnt give a rat arse about how uduaghan is governing his own state but he is very much concerned about how Aregbesola governs a State that is hundreds of Kilometers away from him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Within 1 Years, If I Was President, You Will Have 24hr Electricity / Dele Giwa's Mother Dies At 87 / "You're Corrupt and Must be Jailed" Buhari tells Wife, Obasanjo And Atiku

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.