Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,558 members, 7,812,812 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 07:43 PM

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service (27006 Views)

Amaechi Approves Committee’s Report On Establishment Of Nigerian Fleet / ABA 'MASS GRAVE': We're Still Investigating - Amnesty International / Amaechi At Flag Off Of The Port-Harcourt To Aba Mass Transit Line -photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by erunz(m): 8:33am On Dec 15, 2015
The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Monday said that the Minister of Transportation, Mr Chibuike Amaechi , has approved the commencement of the Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service.

This is contained in a statement signed by Mr Abdulraouf Akinwoye, the Public Relations Officer of the NRC in Lagos.
According to the statement, the service has become necessary in order to ease the hardship of commuters in the areas, as part of the change agenda.

It said that the approval was “sequel to the substantial progress on the rehabilitation of the existing narrow-gauge network of Eastern Rail line traversing Port Harcourt to Gombe.’’

The statement added: “The NRC earlier this year commenced Intercity Train Services from Port Harcourt to Kano and Port Harcourt to Gombe respectively.

“In furtherance to the Federal Government’s quest to providing affordable and reliable train services across the country, the minister of transportation will be flagging off Aba-Port Harcourt mass transit train services.

“For the comfort of passengers and operational efficiency, the newly introduced Aba-Port Harcourt Train is scheduled to run four trips daily from Monday to Saturday.”

It said that “going by the economic potential of Port Harcourt and Aba in commerce, tourism and industrialisation, there is hope for proactive economic growth and virile positive change in the lives of the citizenry of the two benefitting states.”
According to the statement, the official flag-off of the service will hold on Wednesday at Port-Harcourt Railway Station, with the governors of Rivers and Abia in attendance.

http://www.pmnewsnigeria.com/2015/12/14/port-harcourt-aba-mass-transit-train-service-set-to-begin-operation/

4 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by obasiken: 8:35am On Dec 15, 2015
One zombie was arguing with me yesterday that these trains dont exist. I tried my best to explain to him that trains are back. I even showed him a u-tube video of people riding trains from ph to enugu. He said the video was not shot in nigeria. I gave up.

Now amaechi is confessing just like fashola. I am waiting for when lai mohammed will also come and confess his lies.

92 Likes 13 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by MzPecs(f): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2015
That's good.. cool

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by DuchessLily(f): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2015
He for no use am nau... Mtswee! Anu mpama

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by EdCure: 8:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Government is a continuous act. Nothing personal.

He has to salvage what is left from Jonathan's mediocre and wasteful rail projects.

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Engineer123(m): 8:37am On Dec 15, 2015
Government is a continuous processes. That is good, Amaechi always saying the truth.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by IsraeliAIRFORCE: 8:42am On Dec 15, 2015
The roads will be relieved from attendant environmental abuse by trailers and trucks

Kudos to the Government

7 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by bewla(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2015
no just clamp here i they look for what to comment but if u no like my contribution press the share botton
Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by obinnashady(m): 8:43am On Dec 15, 2015
No hard feelings,buh e no mean say Jona no go give u poison if him see u

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Rednaxelot: 8:45am On Dec 15, 2015
It said that “going by the economic potential of Port Harcourt and Aba in commerce, tourism and
industrialisation, there is hope for proactive economic growth and virile positive change in the
lives of the citizenry of the two benefitting states.”
According to the statement, the official flag-off of the service will hold on Wednesday at Port-
Harcourt Railway Station, with the governors of Rivers and Abia in attendance
Na who go represent River State in front of Rotimi Amechi naw?

Wike or who?? grin

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by osazeeblue01: 8:50am On Dec 15, 2015
Nigerians will always remember GEJ for his good work.

47 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Rednaxelot: 8:57am On Dec 15, 2015
osazeeblue01:
Nigerians will always remember GEJ for his good work.
yes o my bro!

And if Nigerians remember how the funds for the good work and projects were managed and used for, then Nigerians will say "Thank you Good God of Heaven for making GEJ to lose the election.

Remembering a man isn't bad, seeing the legacy left is the koko!

60 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by chudionu58(f): 9:40am On Dec 15, 2015
Government of crass propaganda! "Amaechi approves" my foot. Why didn't he approve the commencement of monorail transit services? Ndi ara!! Wish Aba/PH boys will congregate and stone that fool....

We can only take APC serious, if they initiate any innovative standard guage rail project.

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by T051N(m): 9:48am On Dec 15, 2015
Y'all criticizing Ameachi don't understand English, the op said it SOUNDED LIKE ..not that Amaechi was praising GEJs project

2 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Nobody: 9:55am On Dec 15, 2015
Good move.

I hope its not abandoned like the monorail project.
We have to developed a culture where projects are completed within the specified time.

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by chudionu58(f): 10:11am On Dec 15, 2015
T051N:
Y'all criticizing Ameachi don't understand English, the op said it SOUNDED LIKE ..not that Amaechi was praising GEJs project
What is he doing in GEJs project? If not indirectly giving him kudos!

11 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by harmless011: 10:31am On Dec 15, 2015
EdCure:

He has to salvage what is left from Jonathan's mediocre and wasteful rail projects.

Bro you can do better

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by obasiken: 10:39am On Dec 15, 2015
EdCure:

You are just like the zombie i was talking abt. 200 days and apc has not flagged of 1km road construction. But u are here calling another man's efforts wasteful.

Note : i said flag off not to talk of commission.

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Nobody: 10:46am On Dec 15, 2015
obasiken:

You are just like the zombie i was talking abt. 200 days and apc has not flagged of 1km road construction. But u are here calling another man's efforts wasteful.

Sometimes silence is jus the answer to pple like u!
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/photos-buhari-launches-260km-super-highway-project/

5 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by chudionu58(f): 10:49am On Dec 15, 2015
RICHESTBABA:
Sometimes silence is jus the answer to pple like u!
www.vanguardngr.com/2015/10/photos-buhari-launches-260km-super-highway-project/
Shut up please! Na bubu de build that road?

12 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by EdCure: 10:54am On Dec 15, 2015
harmless011:

Bro you can do better
I'm sorry I can't help you.

obasiken:
200 days and apc has not flagged of 1km road construction. But u are here calling another man's efforts wasteful.
Shut up and go home! You're a drunk wailing plonker!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by tomakint: 10:59am On Dec 15, 2015
Rednaxelot:
Na who go represent River State naw?

Wike or who?? grin
Before n ko na Wike now .....grin
Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by VocalWalls: 11:04am On Dec 15, 2015
Railway services should be for distances like Ph to Kaduna, Lagos to kano, calabar to Ibadan, Enugu to kano.

Not for a place where I'll rather stand at eleme, and get a bus to aba for N250.

Before the train even starts it's engines, I'm already at aba.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Nobody: 11:05am On Dec 15, 2015
chudionu58:
Shut up please! Na bubu de build that road?
Never miss a good chance to shut up.
Ignoring you and some posters on this
thread is intentional, very much so.

3 Likes

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by sweatlana: 11:07am On Dec 15, 2015
This will be another monorail project to siphone funds

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Great job

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by onosprince(m): 11:08am On Dec 15, 2015
Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by zone20: 11:08am On Dec 15, 2015
ok

HOTTT!!! Enjoy MTN 3GB for Just N300 [100% Confirmed Working] http://www.musbizubeat.com/2015/12/19583/
Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by 20bc(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2015
Nice one Mr transporter. cool

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by omusiliyu(m): 11:09am On Dec 15, 2015

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by Smartsyn(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2015
Charity begins at home.. This man too like trains and monorails..

1 Like

Re: Amaechi Approves Commencement Of Port Harcourt-Aba Mass Transit Train Service by pinkyruledworld(m): 11:10am On Dec 15, 2015
So I should start flying

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Operation Python Dance: Igbos March To Aso Rock Villa To Commend Buhari / Metuh In Handcuffs Is Normal, Lesser Criminals Get Worse Treatment – Oshiomhole / Dan Anyiam Stadium Owerri Glows For Ihedioha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.