Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:09 AM

Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano (14148 Views)

What Is The Penalty Given To A Man Who Didn't Pay Lady's Dowry Before She Died? / What's The Biggest Gift Your Abroad Relative Has Ever Given To You? / After 46 Years Of Marriage, 84-year-old Man Pays His Wife Dowry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Islie: 11:58am On Jun 28, 2023
The relative of a bride who was assigned to give out her hand in marriage (waliyyi) was accused of stealing her dowry shortly before the wedding fatiha in Kurna area of Dala LGA of Kano State.

City & Crime gathered that during the incident, people were left stranded waiting for the wedding to take place while the dowry was not found.

A resident, Sunusi Dan Mamman, said that after a long wait, the people agreed to search all those in the vicinity.

During the search, the money was found inside the pocket of the waliyyi. who said he didn’t know how they got into his pocket.

“On getting the money, the waliyyi was chased out of the mosque as he could not stand for the bride as her representative. His younger brother was assigned to stand for her and the wedding went on.”

On whether he was arrested after the wedding, the source said nobody knew as he was not sighted in the area after the wedding.

https://dailytrust.com/brides-relative-steals-dowry-in-kano/

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by AVECDEO: 12:28pm On Jun 28, 2023
Is that not enough indication to the groom not to marry into such thief family?

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by God1000(m): 12:39pm On Jun 28, 2023
Very shameful, I blame the bride's family for sending such a scoundrel with the bride.

He's a blacksheep

22 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by specialmati(m): 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Aremwayne: 12:53pm On Jun 28, 2023
The hardship is touching everybody, if na me sef I go carry the money run grin

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Edipet(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
grin
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by EyeCumInPiece: 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
Tinubulation everywhere.

23 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by marlow1962(m): 12:54pm On Jun 28, 2023
Okay na, be like pdapc don reach that side

4 Likes

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Chijeep(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nawaooo... them say wetin dey chop vegetable dey on the vegetable.

PLEASE WHO KNOWS WHAT IT COST TO MARRY A HAUSA GIRL OF 21?
PLS NO TIME FOR JOKE OF FLOGGING OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT.
I'LL LOVE TO KNOW IT COST AND ARRANGEMENT BEFORE I PROCEED.
thanks so much for your sincere and inspirational contribution

7 Likes

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by VenExchangee: 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2023
grin
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by eedimo(m): 12:55pm On Jun 28, 2023
Lol
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by wellmax(m): 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2023
Aremwayne:
The hardship is touching everybody, if na me sef I go carry the money run grin

You are a criminal, hardship or no hardship

11 Likes

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by wittywriter: 12:56pm On Jun 28, 2023
Revered dowry... If you know you know...

Wittyness
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Biletaste(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Terribly represented by a thief. This is witchcraft or advanced wizardry in practice.

3 Likes

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Lmfao
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by olisefom: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
Nawa.

The country is hard.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Bringbackmandat: 12:57pm On Jun 28, 2023
They never see anything,shebi the votes for tinubu because he brought Muslim Muslim ticket.
Don't waste your money on almajiri.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Aremwayne: 12:58pm On Jun 28, 2023
wellmax:

You are a criminal, hardship or no hardship
lol
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by 78tym(m): 12:59pm On Jun 28, 2023
cheesy

Tinubu effect. Very useless man.
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Alonso91(m): 1:00pm On Jun 28, 2023
See bad representative

Man na wacko
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by grandstar(m): 1:01pm On Jun 28, 2023
The humiliation!

At weddings and events in general, if you don't check your relatives, they can do and undo, and worst of all, they will still be claiming victim that their new in-laws that have cornered everything and are short-changing them grin grin grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Risingblue008(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
Them knw as the country dey go,
Yet them go loose guard dowry.

Well,if na me,
I go still do dsame,
That's my thought on that
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by OperationalVehi: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
this one is funny.
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by kuuljay(m): 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
Do we seriously don't know the difference between dowry and bride price in this country? Even nollywood does not know it,
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by Electorate: 1:02pm On Jun 28, 2023
All these Obidients lie too much, they claim fuel is sold at N520 per liter to make Tinubu look like a bad person, me that I am still buying fuel at N150 per liter at one APC filling station in my area.

No worry, e go touch everybody.

5 Likes

Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by RECTEM: 1:03pm On Jun 28, 2023
Since everyone in a family can not have the same characters and behaviours, isn't this statement stereotyping?

Is that not enough indication to the groom not to marry into such thief family?
Re: Bride’s Relative Steals Dowry In Kano by WEALTHYLADYTIME(f): 1:05pm On Jun 28, 2023
STEALING IS IN THE MAN'S BLOOD,

JESUS IS LORD

WEALTH IS GOOD.

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help Find Missing Ayobami Jaiyeola!!!! / Dog Rescues Abandoned Baby In Ghana- Awesome Story / Single Guys, How Do You Reply To "How Family?"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.