Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,785 members, 7,831,541 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:26 PM

Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now - Politics (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now (5257 Views)

If Tinubu Can Create A Seaport In Anambra; Igbo Will Worship Him - Cossy Ojiakor / Enlighten Yourself:SE Must Embrace APC To remain Relevant In Nigerian Politics / The State Of Political Strength In Each Zone: What SE Must Do In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Gajagojo: 7:36am On Jul 01, 2023
gidgiddy:

As has been said in this thread, there are areas in the South East that are closer to the ocean than the existing sea ports in Nigeria. Wether you call it sea port or River port, what is paramount is that there is access to the sea. If Obuaku in Abia State is only 25 nautical miles to the Ocean, but Lagos sea port is 50 nautical miles, why do you then call Lagos a sea port, but want me to call Obuaku that is half the distance to the sea, a River port?

That doesn't make sense does it?
It has been said but it is untrue and irrational

If a port is a seaport then it is on the sea which is the ocean

How then is it logical to say that that the throat is closer to the lips than the teeth? Is that rational? Are those the words of a person whose brain is functioning normally

Why didn't you give us one example of such a place in the SE and a reference seaport and the distances.
Just one example

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by mbaise1000: 9:33am On Jul 01, 2023
FSBoperator:

You said nothing.

And who is opposing your Biafra ?

I am only telling you the harsh reality that you will face and for you to stop claiming what you don't have .

Every single one of you will always say who is opposing Biafra or I don't care but you all will always jump up against them each time they do something or talk about it, you know exactly what I am saying, about your harsh reality, it's your harsh reality and not for someone who believe that impossible is nothing, I said earlier that there is a great difference between half full and half empty, that it depends on who is thinking or doing, BTW, who exactly needs your advice on the way forward for BIAFRA? Can the enemy give a useful advice or encouragement to their enemy?
There is no problem or difficulty without a solution and if a person you love is facing difficulty or challenge of any type, someone who loves them will ONLY look for solutions and not discouragement or trolling,
You have proved what you are, and not that anyone here needs convincing, like I say, we know who are the real haters, park well it's what we think and want here that matters, your opinion here is irrelevant.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Arapmoi22: 10:22am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

How then is it logical to say that that the throat is closer to the lips than the teeth? Is that rational? Are those the words of a person whose brain is functioning normally

Why didn't you give us one example of such a place in the SE and a reference seaport and the distances.
Just one example

I actually ignored his comments because his kind of person is irredeemably phoolish. I looked at his stupidity and found out he is not the kind one can help to understand anything. He chose not to accept knowledge but defends his phoolishness. What can you do to such?
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:34am On Jul 01, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Did you see me mentioning Abia?
I'm talking of Imo and Anambra.

You guys should stop disgracing ndi Igbo. Bikonu!

Okay, you now accept that Abia state can build a sea port just like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc. So, what is disgrace again?

Or you can't help being bitter at that realization?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:42am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

Just one example

Another blind argument. Almost all the seaports that were built in Nigeria, except Lekki were either built on a river or lagoon. If you say no, then mention them!

Lagos seaport was built on an inland lagoon, ships would have to make a detour round it before accessing Atlantic ocean, 50 nautical miles in distance!

Onne port and P.H ports were built on inland rivers, and ships have to go many nautical miles before getting to Atlantic ocean!

Obuaku on Imo river in Abia state is only a mere 18 nautical miles to Atlantic ocean. The Imo river at this section forms the boundary between Rivers, Abia and Akwa Ibom states.

Pick a godamn map of Nigeria and study!!!

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Gajagojo: 10:50am On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

Another blind argument. Almost all the seaports that were built in Nigeria, except Lekki were either built on a river or lagoon. If you say no, then mention them!

Lagos seaport was built on an inland lagoon, ships would have to make a detour round it before accessing Atlantic ocean, 50 nautical miles in distance!

Onne port and P.H ports were built on inland rivers, and ships have to go many nautical miles before getting to Atlantic ocean!

Obuaku on Imo river in Abia state is only a mere 18 nautical miles to Atlantic ocean. The Imo river at this section forms the boundary between Rivers, Abia and Akwa Ibom states.

Pick a godamn map of Nigeria and study!!!
what has the argument you call blind got to do with whether a port is built on a lagoon or river

Did you comprehend the argument

Lagoon or river is irrelevant

Since you want to bring that up

What is a lagoon?

Don't hide behind a finger

Tell us the port that was built on a Lagoon and the name of the Lagoon
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:55am On Jul 01, 2023
Styluss:
OP I stand to be corrected, I checked the map of Nigeria keenly and still couldnt see any SE states being bounded with the Atlantic ocean. Are you saying your states will reach a consensus with the neighboring SS States?
Or deep sea ports no longer need the ocean? I'm confused here

No, you're not getting the point. You don't need to be a coastal state before you can build a seaport. That's the mistake most of you are making. Provided you have a river that is deep enough and lies close to the ocean, then you can build a perfect seaport!

Now, take a look at the map of Nigeria below, you can see that Edo state does not border the Atlantic ocean yet they're currently building a seaport!

Again, compare Edo and Abia state on the map, and you will see that Abia state is actually closer to Atlantic ocean than Edo state. It's only a mere 18 miles from Obuaku, through Imo river to Atlantic ocean!

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:58am On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

what has the argument you call blind got to do with whether a port is built on a lagoon or river

Did you comprehend the argument

Lagoon or river is irrelevant

Since you want to bring that up

What is a lagoon?

Don't hide behind a finger

Tell us the port that was built on a Lagoon and the name of the Lagoon

You're the one that lack comprehension, otherwise you would have seen where I wrote that Lagos ports (i.e. Apapa and Tincan) we're built on inland lagoon. It is only the recently built Lekki that was built on the coast.

So, what are you not clear about?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by AwkaFinest: 11:47am On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

Okay, you now accept that Abia state can build a sea port just like Lagos, Rivers, Akwa Ibom etc. So, what is disgrace again?

Abia state just like Niger, Kogi or Benue state can build a River Port. These states just like Abia has no direct access to the sea, rather through a river channel that crosses through other states before emptying into the sea.

For Abia to build a port they must have bilateral agreement with the states and communities that have direct access to the sea, in this case Rivers and Akwa Ibom. Because whatever vessel that's going to Abia must pass through the parts of Imo river that's bounded by Rivers and Akwa Ibom. If these 2 areas decides to make the channel unsafe, Abia will be left at the mercy of either the FG or the governors of those 2 states.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by AwkaFinest: 12:04pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

The disgrace is you writing that ports in Imo and Anambra(which I can see you've edited the topic and excluded Anambra which as at early this morning was there) states are closer to the Atlantic than PH port and Onne port.

That's a lie from the pit of hell.
Even the northernmost part of PHC is way more southern than the southern most part of anywhere in Imo or Anambra. Not to talk of Onne.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 12:13pm On Jul 01, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Abia state just like Niger, Kogi, Nasarawa or Benue state can build a River Port. These states just like Abia has no direct access to the sea, rather through a river channel that crosses through other states before emptying into the sea.

For Abia to build a port they must have bilateral agreement with the states and communities that have direct access to the sea, in this case Rivers and Akwa Ibom. Because whatever vessel that's going to Abia must pass through the parts of Imo river that's bounded by Rivers and Akwa Ibom. If these 2 areas decides to make the channel unsafe, Abia will be left at the mercy of either the FG or the governors of those 2 states.

Are you aware that Edo state is building Gelegele seaport?

Are you aware that Edo state has no maritime boundary with Atlantic ocean, they would have to pass through Delta state before arriving Atlantic ocean?

Which bilateral agreement did Edo state sign with Delta state?

Are you aware that Imo river forms a boundary between Rivers, Abia and Akwa Ibom state? And it's only a mere 18 miles from Obuaku to Atlantic ocean?

Abia state only needs permission from federal government since building ports is on exclusive list.

Below is the map of Nigeria showing states, so compare Abia with Edo and gain knowledge.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by AwkaFinest: 12:21pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

Are you aware that Edo state is building Gelegele seaport?

Are you aware that Edo state has no maritime boundary with Atlantic ocean, they would have to pass through Delta state before arriving Atlantic ocean?

Which bilateral agreement did Edo state sign with Delta state?

Are you aware that Imo river forms a boundary between Rivers, Abia and Akwa Ibom state? And it's only a mere 18 miles from Obuaku to Atlantic ocean?

Abia state only needs permission from federal government since building ports is on exclusive list.

Below is the map of Nigeria showing states, so compare Abia with Edo and gain knowledge.

Are you aware that for Edo or even Kaduna to build a port they must have done feasibility studies which includes an agreement with the FG and other states where their vessels may pass through?

Are you aware than Obuaku has no direct access to the sea, rather just has access to Imo river that empties into the sea via the waterways of Opobo and Eastern Obolo which are in Rivers and Akwa Ibom respectively.

Abi you wan tell another man how to police em own waters?

Go ask transport companies that run interstate and the difference fees/charges they pay to the different states their buses pass through.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 12:32pm On Jul 01, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Are you aware that for Edo or even Kaduna to build a port they must have done feasibility studies which includes an agreement with the FG and other states where there vessels may pass through?

Are you aware than Obuaku has no direct access to the sea, rather just has access to Imo river that empties into the sea via the waterways of Opobo and Eastern Obolo which are in Rivers and Akwa Ibom respectively?

Abi you wan tell another man how to police em own waters?

I'm trying to understand if your problem is ignorance or just mischief. Kaduna has no business building seaport because it's completely landlocked.

Edo is building a seaport because it's very close to Atlantic and thus will be viable. Abia can also build a viable seaport because it's even better positioned than Edo.

The Imo river in question is not under the control of any particular state because it forms a boundary between three states.

Policing our waterways is done by the federal government.

Do you still want to continue being myopic?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by AwkaFinest: 12:40pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

I'm trying to understand if your problem is ignorance or just mischief. Kaduna has no business building seaport because it's completely landlocked.

Edo is building a seaport because it's very close to Atlantic and thus will be viable. Abia can also build a viable seaport because it's even better positioned than Edo.

The Imo river in question is not under the control of any particular state because it forms a boundary between three states.

Policing our waterways is done by the federal government.

Do you still want to continue being myopic?

Your problem is worse than ignorance. How much federal government presence do you see in the creeks? Abi na wetin Dem write for book dey fool you.

It's sad but no port built in the SE today will be viable. Only Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom or Cross River can build a viable sea port if they truly want to do it.

I'm done with your ignorance. All you've been writing is just wishful nonsense.
We Igbos better start using our brains and start building lasting bridges with our southern neighbors, instead of this empty chest beating you are doing.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by PoloG: 12:57pm On Jul 01, 2023
una finish igbos for this thread oo grin grin
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 1:37pm On Jul 01, 2023
AwkaFinest:

Your problem is worse than ignorance. How much federal government presence do you see in the creeks? Abi na wetin Dem write for book dey fool you.

It's sad but no port built in the SE today will be viable. Only Lagos, Ogun, Ondo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom or Cross River can build a viable sea port if they truly want to do it.

I'm done with your ignorance. All you've been writing is just wishful nonsense.
We Igbos better start using our brains and start building lasting bridges with our southern neighbors, instead of this empty chest beating you are doing.

Lol, dumb impostor. Igbos are intelligent, so you can't impersonate them successfully when you're so dull grin Be proud of whatever miserable ethnicity you belong and stop fooling yourself with that moniker.

It pains you so much to realize that Igboland is not landlocked as you haters have always wished.

I have tried to educate you but you're so dense you can't even imbibe knowledge. If I'm your parents, I will sue all the schools you attended for refund because it's all a waste if resources.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 1:39pm On Jul 01, 2023
PoloG:
una finish igbos for this thread oo grin grin

Lol, on the contrary, haters like you were schooled properly.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Gajagojo: 1:59pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

You're the one that lack comprehension, otherwise you would have seen where I wrote that Lagos ports (i.e. Apapa and Tincan) we're built on inland lagoon. It is only the recently built Lekki that was built on the coast.

So, what are you not clear about?
What is the name of the Lagoon where Tin Can is located

I am.telling you it is not on a lagoon
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by BiafIntel: 2:26pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:
Over the years, there has been arguments and politicization on the need to build viable seaports in the SE. However, it has become an urgent need now. With the removal of fuel subsidy, any region that is capable of landing fuel directly will become more viable than others. Fuel is cheapest in Lagos and most expensive in NE because of this factor. Also, Lagos needs to breath instead of the current suffocation there. Once there is a viable competition to Lagos, tension in that city will reduce. NC and NE will also benefit because it will make fuel and other imports cheaper in those regions.

Abia, Imo and Anambra States all have the potentials to build deep seaports that can berth large vessels comfortably! [/b]Before anyone decides to argue blindly, here are the facts on ground about ports in Nigeria and their positions:

[b]1. Ibaka, Akwa Ibom state; 30 miles to Atlantic.
2. Lagos State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
3. P.H, Rivers State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
4. Onne, Rivers State; 60 miles to Atlantic.

Now compare all these ports to those in SE:
1. Osemoto, Imo State; 25 miles to Atlantic.
3. Obuaku, Abia State; 18 miles to Atlantic.

The most intriguing part is that the designated ports in Osemoto/Oseakwa axis offer the deepest natural ports as well as the closest to Atlantic, thereby making them potentially the most viable and easiest to maintain in Nigeria!

Any state in the SE that first builds a viable port will automatically become the richest in the region, but also one of the richest states in Nigeria.

You and most Igbos on this thread are really daft and dumb. After shouting Peter Obi must win and distracting Simon Ekpa and his freedom fighters group, you are now coming back to your senses. Fool, before you write your nonsense (Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now), you should understand first that no SE state has the power in your zoo to build a sea port because it's license in inside your zoo governments exclusive list meaning that the federal government of your zoo must have to approve it and license it to be built.

Now, the question you should ask yourself is, have your zoo government allowed your SE states to operate international airport which also is inside their so called exclusive list? Why did you all of a sudden think that they will allow you to build a sea port in your region which will be equal to shooting themselves in the legs? Do you know what it means to Lagos sea ports and the port revenues for Lagos and the zoo as a whole?

When we warned you to desist from following Peter Obi to shout one nigeria, these are part of our reason. They will never allow a Peter Obi, Emeka or Chukwudi to rule their zoo knowing that such mistake will lead to such Peter Obi removing building of sea ports and granting of international status to airports from their so called exclusive list, resulting in level playing ground which they are so much afraid of because it will lead to economic advantage to the South East and it's people.

You can never get a sea port or international status airport in the level of Lagos and Abuja in your SE region under one nigeria. All you useful idiot one nigeria Igbos should learn and start to support Biafra freedom because that is the only time that you shall have your own economic activities being controlled by yourselves. Ndi iberibe one nigeria.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by oyatz(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

All the ports that were built in Nigeria were dredged. But some of those in the SE, particularly Oseakwa and Oguta in Anambra and Imo states respectively requires very minimal dredging because they're naturally deep. Even if they're to be dredged like others in Nigeria, they will cost less since it's only a mere 18 nautical miles to the Atlantic ocean which is far shorter than Lagos at 50 nautical miles, Onne 60 nautical miles and Ibaka 30 nautical miles.

I hope you get the point now?

So you sincerely believe that a Port in Lagos which borders the Atlantic Ocean can be 60 nautical miles from the Ocean and a Port in hinterland Imo State can be 25 miles from the same Atlantic Ocean?
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by oyatz(m): 2:53pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:
I expect Yorubas to be in support of this so that Igbos can free Lagos for them. But I'm surprised that some of them are hating again.

As long as Igbos are forced to gather in Lagos because of the ports, the city will remain choked up.

You know Igbos are aggressive capitalists, so you will always struggle against them and when you're outsmarted, it breeds envy and hate.

Nothing concern Yorubas in the matters.

Take the suggestions to your State Governments,they can do it if they so desire.

Ondo State have just started the process of building their own Seaport.

Lagos State via PPP built the Lekki Deep-sea Port and about to start the Badagry Deep Seaport.

Akwa-Ibom State have started building Ibaka Deepsea Port for over 10 years now (it seems to have turned to a White Elephant project).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Arapmoi22: 4:06pm On Jul 01, 2023
I CHOSE TO DO THIS FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE KNOWLEDGEABLE ONES WHO WANTS TO KNOW MORE.
I DO NOT INTEND TO CONVINCE THOSE WHOSE MIND ARE LOCKED WITH FOOLISHNESS LIKE A SIAMESE.

LAGOS:

1. Due to the Reclaim of Atlantic Ocean by some miles in order to save VI from Ocean Surge it experienced in the year 2000s, Lagos under the Current President carved out Eko Atlantic City. Hence, To the right of the Ship navigation route into Apapa Wharf from the Atlantic is Eko Atlantic City.
2. To the left of the Ship navigation route into Apapa Wharf from the Atlantic is Tarkwa Bay.
3. The Distance from the mouth of the Lagoon at the Atlantic to Apapa Wharf is 3.15 Miles (Orange line).
4. The Distance from the mouth of the Lagoon at the Atlantic to Tin Can Port is 5.59 Miles (Green line).
5. Ignore the Ignorance of OP or his Followers for saying what they don't know. Any figures he brandished are beer parlor tales.

GO TO OBEAKU:

6. The Distance from the mouth of the Opobo creek at the Atlantic to Imo River at the southernmost point of Abia State is 31.3 Miles (Pink/ Red line)
7. The distance from the southernmost point of Abia State to Obeaku along River Imo is 5.2 Miles (Orange line).
8. The distance from Obeaku to River Imo is 1.5 Miles (straight distance) -- Yellow line.

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 4:09pm On Jul 01, 2023
Gajagojo:

What is the name of the Lagoon where Tin Can is located

I am.telling you it is not on a lagoon

Na wa o. Do you have different names for Lagos lagoon?

Apapa and Tincan are on Lagos lagoon. Look at the map below and quit arguing!

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 4:11pm On Jul 01, 2023
Arapmoi22:
I CHOSE TO DO THIS FOR THE PURPOSE OF THE KNOWLEDGEABLE ONES WHO WANTS TO KNOW MORE.
I DO NOT INTEND TO CONVINCE THOSE WHOSE MIND ARE LOCKED WITH FOOLISHNESS LIKE A SIAMESE.

LAGOS:

1. Due to the Reclaim of Atlantic Ocean by some miles in order to save VI from Ocean Surge it experienced in the year 2000s, Lagos under the Current President carved out Eko Atlantic City.
2. To the left of the Ship navigation route into Apapa Wharf from the Atlantic is Tarkwa Bay.
3. The Distance from the mouth of the Lagoon at the Atlantic to Apapa Wharf is 3.15 Miles (Orange line).
4. The Distance from the mouth of the Lagoon at the Atlantic to Tin Can Port is 5.59 Miles (Green line).
5. Ignore the Ignorance of OP or his Followers for saying what they don't know. Any figures he brandished are beer parlor tales.

GO TO OBEAKU:

6. The Distance from the mouth of the Opobo creek at the Atlantic to Imo River at the southernmost point of Abia State is 31.3 Miles (Pink/ Red line)
7. The distance from the southernmost point of Abia State to Obeaku along River Imo is 5.2 Miles (Orange line).
8. The distance from Obeaku to River Imo is 1.5 Miles (straight distance) -- Yellow line.

In essence, Lagos and Obuaku are both viable for seaports!
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Gajagojo: 4:19pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

Na wa o. Do you have different names for Lagos lagoon?

Apapa and Tincan are on Lagos lagoon. Look at the map below and quit arguing!

No they are not on Lagos Lagoon and that is why you should not make assertions about what you do not know

We are from Lagos and can educate better.

The are on Badagry creek which is to the West of the Lagoon

The nose is not the mouth even though they are close and open to the exterior and you can breathe through both.

Lagos Lagoon is not Badagry Creek

Badagry creek is an inlet of the ocean which connects the Lagoon at the point where it connects the sea
Badagry creek runs from Nigeria to Benin Republic

Even your own map contradicts you showing Tin Can on Porto Novo creek which might be what they call it in Benin Republic

Tin Can a is an island surrounded by creeks,Ajegunle creek,Badagry creek,Tin Can creek
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Arapmoi22: 4:25pm On Jul 01, 2023
proeast:

In essence, Lagos and Obuaku are both viable for seaports!

No, the viable is already a seaport.
The non viable will only be a seaport in umunede beer parlor.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Arapmoi22: 11:51am On Jul 02, 2023
Gajagojo:

No they are not on Lagos Lagoon and that is why you should not make assertions about what you do not know

The nose is not the mouth even though they are close and open to the exterior and you can breathe through both.

Badagry creek is an inlet of the ocean which connects the Lagoon at the point where it connects the sea

Even your own map contradicts you showing Tin Can on Porto Novo creek which might be what they call it in Benin Republic

Tin Can a is an island surrounded by creeks,Ajegunle creek,Badagry creek,Tin Can creek

I know you are doing your best to help.
You are going into detail by trying to explain how Creek is different from Lagoon.
I agree with you without any contradiction. Just that you are dealing with someone who doesn't want to know.
In his next post, you will surely read something like, "Imo River at Obeaku is also a creek".
What can you do about that?
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ysth(m): 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2023
Odingo1:

Yoruba man, tomorrow now you will be shouting on top of your voice that Igbos must leave Lagos where you can’t support SE to have the facilities that Lagos state have courtesy of Niger Delta oil money rather you claim to be from SE to discredit any good thing meant for SE.
I am a full blooded Igbo man, a geotechnical engineer, GIS specialist by profession and a business man. I don't deceive myself or try to deceive people. You can't give what you don't have but use what you have to achieve your desire. South east doesn't have the luxury of a coast line like Lagos and some south south states have but we are blessed with navigable rivers which empties into the Atlantic at various points that only require minimal dredging to get a deeper draft. As a business man it will be foolish to keep saying we are Bleep nautical miles to the sea, or we can build a deep seaport, when we can talk about building inland river port on the rivers located in our terrain. No magic will give us a shoreline unless geogical factors like massive coastal erosion, ocean encroachment that will eat up the land mass of rivers, bayelsa and delta state in one night and bring the Atlantic shoreline to umuagwo and nwga.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 12:18pm On Jul 02, 2023
Gajagojo:

You're just clutching at straws. Lagoon or creek, what difference does it make? The point is that those ports weren't built on the coast. Same with Onne, P.H and Warri. If ports can be built on these places that lie more or less on the same proximity to the ocean with Obuaku, why then do you think similar port can't be built in Abia State?

Hate and bigotry has finished you guys.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Arapmoi22: 12:26pm On Jul 02, 2023
ysth:
I am a full blooded Igbo man, a geotechnical engineer, GIS specialist by profession and a business man. I don't deceive myself or try to deceive people. You can't give what you don't have but use what you have to achieve your desire. South east doesn't have the luxury of a coast line like Lagos and some south south states have but we are blessed with navigable rivers which empties into the Atlantic at various points that only require minimal dredging to get a deeper draft. As a business man it will be foolish to keep saying we are Bleep nautical miles to the sea, or we can build a deep seaport, when we can talk about building inland river port on the rivers located in our terrain. No magic will give us a shoreline unless geogical factors like massive coastal erosion, ocean encroachment that will eat up the land mass of rivers, bayelsa and delta state in one night and bring the Atlantic shoreline to umuagwo and nwga.

You entertained me with some laughter sha.
Thanks.
I had been laughing at his ignorance and later felt bad that he still couldn't see that his Imaginations are driven by ingestion of mpurumiri.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Gajagojo: 7:47pm On Jul 02, 2023
proeast:

You're just clutching at straws. Lagoon or creek, what difference does it make? The point is that those ports weren't built on the coast. Same with Onne, P.H and Warri. If ports can be built on these places that lie more or less on the same proximity to the ocean with Obuaku, why then do you think similar port can't be built in Abia State?

Hate and bigotry has finished you guys.

What is the definition of coast

That was not the point but since you want to make that the point let us go there

COAST https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/coast
The coast is an area of land that is next to the sea.

SEA
https://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/sea
The sea is the salty water that covers about three-quarters of the Earth's surface.

So please tell us are Tin Can Island and Apapa next to the sea or not?

Are they on the coast of not?

The fundamental difference between the sea and a River is the latter is fresh water while the latter is salt water and continuous across at the earth

I expect another manufactured fake argument

NOT SAME WITH PORT HARCOURT OR NONE

They are built on Rivers

So Creek makes a lot of difference if it is an ocean creek because that means it is sea water and ON THE COAST

Rivers have shores not coasts I know traders have little schooling so you won't know
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Gajagojo: 7:56pm On Jul 02, 2023
Arapmoi22:

I know you are doing your best to help.
You are going into detail by trying to explain how Creek is different from Lagoon.
I agree with you without any contradiction. Just that you are dealing with someone who doesn't want to know.
In his next post, you will surely read something like, "Imo River at Obeaku is also a creek".
What can you do about that?

I am not writing for his benefit but for others as well

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

‘I Am Going Into Armed Robbery’—Frustrated Vulcanizer Tells Fashola / Pres Jonathan Booed In Bayelsa Rally.. / Photos: Biafran Leaders Meet David Cameron At 10 Downing Street

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.