Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,917 members, 7,835,064 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:57 AM

Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now (5271 Views)

If Tinubu Can Create A Seaport In Anambra; Igbo Will Worship Him - Cossy Ojiakor / Enlighten Yourself:SE Must Embrace APC To remain Relevant In Nigerian Politics / The State Of Political Strength In Each Zone: What SE Must Do In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Strafudeen: 10:19am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:
I expect Yorubas to be in support of this so that Igbos can free Lagos for them. But I'm surprised that some of them are hating again.

As long as Igbos are forced to gather in Lagos because of the ports, the city will remain choked up.

You know Igbos are aggressive capitalists, so you will always struggle against them and when you're outsmarted, it breeds envy and hate.

God bless you

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ysth(m): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:
Over the years, there has been arguments and politicization on the need to build viable seaports in the SE. However, it has become an urgent need now. With the removal of fuel subsidy, any region that is capable of landing fuel directly will become more viable than others. Fuel is cheapest in Lagos and most expensive in NE because of this factor. Also, Lagos needs to breath instead of the current suffocation there. Once there is a viable competition to Lagos, tension in that city will reduce. NC and NE will also benefit because it will make fuel and other imports cheaper in those regions.

Abia, Imo and Anambra States all have the potentials to build deep seaports that can berth large vessels comfortably! [/b]Before anyone decides to argue blindly, here are the facts on ground about ports in Nigeria and their positions:

[b]1. Ibaka, Akwa Ibom state; 30 miles to Atlantic.
2. Lagos State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
3. P.H, Rivers State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
4. Onne, Rivers State; 60 miles to Atlantic.

Now compare all these ports to those in SE:
1. Osemoto, Imo State; 18 miles to Atlantic.
2. Oseakwa, Anambra state; 18 miles to Atlantic.
3. Obuaku, Abia State; 25 miles to Atlantic.

The most intriguing part is that the designated ports in Osemoto/Oseakwa axis offer the deepest natural ports as well as the closest to Atlantic, thereby making them potentially the most viable and easiest to maintain in Nigeria!

Any state in the SE that first builds a viable port will automatically become the richest in the region, but also one of the richest states in Nigeria.

I am from the south east bro, but this thing about building a deep sea port should be put into proper context. A deep-sea port is sited on the continental shelf bounding an ocean or sea, but in this case no south east state is bounded or has an ocean or sea shoreline. What we can best build are river and dry ports. That is more feasible and less confusing. No magic will happen to make a south eastern state to have a deepsea port.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by iammo(m): 10:20am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
He even claim Imo State is closer to the Atlantic Ocean than Lagos and Akwa Ibom grin

Lol grin the boy is probably a trader with no clue of geography

8 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
There's no Sea in the South East abeg

Why is the sea then? Only in the SW?

Do you know geography at all or are you using the coinage by the military regime.

How does what happen in the eastern Nigeria affecting you two face evil people from the other side?

You should be happy these Omo ibo is setting very far from yourselves.

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

You just wrote a lengthy nonsense that shows how shallow you are.

Oseakwa and Oguta ports are only 18 nautical miles to the Atlantic while Lagos ports are over 50 nautical miles!

Oseakwa and Oguta ports are naturally deep and requires very minimal dredging!

If 50 to 60 miles of deep dredging didn't destroy flora and fauna, is it 18 miles that will?

Why are you guys so ignorant and full of hate?

Go back and read my post slowly.

You think as an independent Biafran state you can dictate to Nigeria who enters and leaves through their territory ?

Even if it is a one mile river route to the sea it will be subject to full Nigerian sovereignty .

Go school Una no gree.

11 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 10:21am On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

Do you know geography at all or are you using the coinage by the military regime.

How does what happen in the eastern Nigeria affecting you two face evil people from the other side?

You should be happy these Omo ibo is setting very far from yourselves.

Pls show us direct sea access in your Biafra .

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:22am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
He even claim Imo State is closer to the Atlantic Ocean than Lagos and Akwa Ibom grin

Half education is bad, that's why you're disgracing yourself without knowing it. The port I mentioned i.e. Oguta/Osemoto is only 18 miles to the Atlantic while those in Lagos and Akwa Ibom are 50 miles and 30 miles respectively.

Ignorance is making you believe that ports in Lagos and Akwa Ibom were built on the coast while in reality, they're built inland.

Stop hating my Yoruba friend.

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:23am On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

There's no way a person wey him head correct go talk say there's a sea in the South East grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ysth(m): 10:23am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:
Over the years, there has been arguments and politicization on the need to build viable seaports in the SE. However, it has become an urgent need now. With the removal of fuel subsidy, any region that is capable of landing fuel directly will become more viable than others. Fuel is cheapest in Lagos and most expensive in NE because of this factor. Also, Lagos needs to breath instead of the current suffocation there. Once there is a viable competition to Lagos, tension in that city will reduce. NC and NE will also benefit because it will make fuel and other imports cheaper in those regions.

Abia, Imo and Anambra States all have the potentials to build deep seaports that can berth large vessels comfortably! [/b]Before anyone decides to argue blindly, here are the facts on ground about ports in Nigeria and their positions:

The most intriguing part is that the designated ports in Osemoto/Oseakwa axis offer the deepest natural ports as well as the closest to Atlantic, thereby making them potentially the most viable and easiest to maintain in Nigeria!

Any state in the SE that first builds a viable port will automatically become the richest in the region, but also one of the richest states in Nigeria.

and when you use figures of nautical miles, did you carry out the measurement yourself? How is a oseakwa in Anambra closer to the Atlantic than Ibaka which is bordered by the Atlantic?

10 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:24am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

Half education is bad, that's why you're disgracing yourself without knowing it. The port I mentioned i.e. Oguta/Osemoto is only 18 miles to the Atlantic while those in Lagos and Akwa Ibom are 50 miles and 30 miles respectively.

You just keep on disgracing yourself with this rubbish talk of yours grin

Please stop disgracing yourself abeg grin

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:27am On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

Go back and read my post slowly.

You think as an independent Biafran state you can dictate to Nigeria who enters and leaves through their territory ?

Even if it is a one mile river route to the sea it will be subject to full Nigerian sovereignty .

Go school Una no gree.

Again, you've smuggled Biafra into a topic that has nothing to do with it. Where did I ever mention Biafra in all these? Why are you guys always morbidly afraid that Igbos will break away? Yet you continue to hate them everyday in Nigeria?

Let's even assume that Biafra becomes a reality, and you think Nigeria or any other country in the bight of Biafra will stop ships going to Biafra?

Damn, hate can make one become so irrational and unreasonable.

13 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2023
iammo:

Lol grin the boy is probably a trader with no clue of geography
I can't just stop laughing

I doubt the guy can point to where Ibaka is located in Akwa Ibom grin

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:27am On Jun 30, 2023
Martinsmine:

Only fools reason like you 😂😂😂😂

Hateful, envious and insecure fools! Thinking Igboland is 'landlocked' is what gives them a reason for living! Check his ethnicity and political leaning, and you wouldn't be surprised!

8 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

Pls show us direct sea access in your Biafra .

I want to know how this affect you from far away SW?

8 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by gidgiddy: 10:29am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

Unfortunately, the South East is still part of Nigeria and thats the problem

You need federal government concession and approval to build a port, and even if you do, all tariffs and duties will still be collected by the federal government

But I admit it will stimulate economic growth and shift reliance on Lagos

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:32am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

Again, you've smuggled Biafra into a topic that has nothing to do with it. Where did I ever mention Biafra in all these? Why are you guys always morbidly afraid that Igbos will break away? Yet you continue to hate them everyday in Nigeria?

Let's even assume that Biafra becomes a reality, and you think Nigeria or any other country in the bight of Biafra will stop ships going to Biafra?

Damn, hate can make one become so irrational and unreasonable.

I don't know why anytime there's talk of south-east or Igboland getting a seaport, certain cretins will arrive on the thread to display their insecurities and hate! Most of them are not even in the same region or border the south-east/Igboland, but they will carry the matter for head like their life depends on it! Pure evil!

12 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
There's no way a person wey him head correct go talk say there's a sea in the South East grin

I said eastern part....

You agberosssss hardly know anyhting except continuous blind dickkkkkk measuring using fake Oluwole statistics...

This is why the FG calls the ports in the area Eastern ports..

Again can you tell why you are against this new measures so your SW can have less of these people to stop your leaders from enacting useless divisive laws...against some Nigerians flooding your region uses night buses cheesy cheesy

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

I want to know how this affect you from far away SW?

Okoro I am a Niger Delta man and it concerns me more than the Yoruba you are dragging here for you are claiming you can waltz into any state in my region and start dredging as you like.

Also do you think that after doing the near impossible dredging , you will direct shipping lanes as you like ?

That power belongs to only the federal govt through NSA and NIMASA.

Go school Una no gree.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

Ignorance is making you believe that ports in Lagos and Akwa Ibom were built on the coast while in reality, they're built inland.

Stop hating my Yoruba friend.
Shut up your mouth and stop disgracing yourself abeg

I won't be shock if you also claim Oguta/Osemoto in Anambra State is closer to the Ocean than Lekki Port grin

You can even make use of Google Map and cure yourself from this your ignorance

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:34am On Jun 30, 2023
ysth:
and when you use figures of nautical miles, did you carry out the measurement yourself? How is a oseakwa in Anambra closer to the Atlantic than Ibaka which is bordered by the Atlantic?

Do you think Ibaka is on the coast?

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 10:35am On Jun 30, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

I don't know why anytime there's talk of south-east or Igboland getting a seaport, certain cretins will arrive on the thread to display their insecurities and hate! Most of them are not even in the same region or border the south-east/Igboland, but they will carry the matter for head like their life depends on it! Pure evil!

Honesty this is surprising...

They want Igbos to leave and Igbos are trying to find a way to survive and again they are hear crying, wailing more than even the northerners...

I don't know what these people want.

11 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:36am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Shut up your mouth and stop disgracing yourself abeg

I won't be shock if you also claim Oguta/Osemoto in Anambra State is closer to the Ocean than Lekki Port grin

You can even make use of Google Map and cure yourself from this your ignorance

Ezi ohia, you think Lagos ports were built on the coast?

12 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by LOVEALAIGBO: 10:37am On Jun 30, 2023
gidgiddy:

Unfortunately, the South East is still part of Nigeria and thats the problem

You need federal government concession and approval to build a port, and even if you do, all tariffs and duties will still be collected by the federal government

But I admit it will stimulate economic growth and shift reliance on Lagos

And we all know the envious bastards that will work behind the scenes to frustrate such a project from coming to fruition! When they fight tooth-and-nail to capture power at the centre, besides wanting to grab a disproportionate amount of economic and political benefits to their region and pockets, frustrating and holding down Ndigbo economically and politically are other drivers that ginger them to action!

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:37am On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

Okoro I am a Niger Delta man and it concerns me more than the Yoruba you are dragging here for you are claiming you can waltz into any state in my region and start dredging as you like.

Also do you think that after doing the near impossible dredging , you will direct shipping lanes as you like ?

Go school Una no gree.
Most of them just talk rubbish

He does not know the massive cost it will take to dredge does Rivers. It will cost Billions of Dollars, I doubt Environmentalist will even agree to such a thing.

To finance the dredging of Oguta and link it with the Atlantic Ocean, we are talking of more than $50 billion. It will even lead to the destruction of the Creek and the Niger Delta

The Eco system of the Niger Delta will be destroyed

The South East already have the Onitsha Port

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 10:38am On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

Go school Una no gree.

First of all there is nothing like Niger delta man...

There is where you evil people hide to perpetrate your wickedness.

Mention your tribe...and we will take it from there...

If it is for NSA and NIMASA to decide...why are you spitting everywhere... cheesy

10 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:39am On Jun 30, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

I'm not surprised, they've always been driven by hate since the days of Awolowo. It is because of such hate that is ingrained in them that has stopped them from evolving.

Take a look at any drone picture of the slums they call cities and see why evil doesn't pay.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Christistruth03: 10:39am On Jun 30, 2023
The OP should note that it is a River Port that the SE can build like the Tilbury Port of London

The moment you say Sea Port the alarm bells of the SS on the Sea Coast will start ringing that a Land Grab is about to be Launched against them and they will be Preparing for Confrontation

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:40am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

Ezi ohia, you think Lagos ports were built on the coast?
The Lekki Port is built on the Coast

The Ibaka Port will be built on a Coast

The FG won't dredge any River in the South East, the South East already have a River Port in Onitsha.

Ibaka and Bonny will get a Port in future though

The two ports have direct access to the Atlantic Ocean like the Lekki Port

6 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by proeast(m): 10:41am On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
Most of them just talk rubbish

He does not know the massive cost it will take to dredge does Rivers. It will cost Billions of Dollars, I doubt Environmentalist will even agree to such a thing.

To finance the dredging of Oguta and link it with the Atlantic Ocean, we are talking of more than $50 billion. It will even lead to the destruction of the Creek and the Niger Delta

The Eco system of the Niger Delta will be destroyed

The South East already have the Onitsha Port

Hateful Olodo, it will cost far less to dredge to those ports in SE than in Lagos. The SE ports have deep flowing Rivers that are shorter in distance to the Atlantic ocean.

7 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:44am On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

Hateful Olodo, it will cost far less to dredge to those ports in SE than in Lagos. The SE ports have deep flowing Rivers that are shorter in distance to the Atlantic ocean.
Lol

Have you even seen the Nigerian Map before? grin

The South East can never get a seaport and the Rivers will never be dredge. The South East is landlock.

The Onitsha River Port is functional, you can make use of it

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 10:44am On Jun 30, 2023
Christistruth03:

The OP should note that it is a River Port that the SE can build like the Tilbury Port of London

The moment you say Sea Port the alarm bells of the SS on the Sea Coast will start ringing that a Land Grab is about to be Launched against them and they will be Preparing for Confrontation

Which kind grab...?

What have they done about staff in their oil companies that Yorubas have grabbed?

What have they done about oil that the northerners have grabbed?

I don't know why an average person from that region are scared of the Igbos.

Before the white people came ...Igbos have never grabbed their land even when they have more population...

The Igbos took them as neighbours like their brothers...but they have been poisoned by other people to steal their resources.

Only the Edos are fair people.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Parachoco: 10:46am On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

Only the Edos are fair people.
LWKM grin

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Former Governor Of Ebonyi State, Dr. Sam Egwu, in fresh trouble with EFCC / President Gej Not Convincing Enough In His Submissions ! / How Do You Rate Nigeria's Press?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.