Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,700 members, 7,831,185 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:05 PM

Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now (5252 Views)

If Tinubu Can Create A Seaport In Anambra; Igbo Will Worship Him - Cossy Ojiakor / Enlighten Yourself:SE Must Embrace APC To remain Relevant In Nigerian Politics / The State Of Political Strength In Each Zone: What SE Must Do In Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 2:14pm On Jun 30, 2023
Parachoco:
You're absolutely right

Building Seaports is under the Exclusive List

Why una dey fear, chaiii

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 2:16pm On Jun 30, 2023
EcoNews:
This comment from you now relate to when the multitude of dead brain from your 5 wretched states talk about Lagos Ogun Kwara n Osun ?! Can you see you have gone mad.

If you call SE state wretched then your states outside Lagos would be literally hell... cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 2:22pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

65% of Nigeria-bound Containers End Up in Onitsha, Aba

THISDAYLIVE
https://www.thisdaylive.com › index.php › 2022/09/30
30 Sept 2022 — 60 to 65 per cent of the cargo that comes into this country ends up in the southeast, either Onitsha or Aba.”.

Eat your heart...out.

And so ?

It passes through Nigerian ports.

Besides, you have nothing to export to others hence why you rely on imports.

And I will remind you that the minute you get that Biafra you will not be able to sustain such levels because:

1. You will not have access to the large Nigerian market

2. No Forex for you. How will your Biafra govt sustain such import based economy with zero Forex inflows ?

As I keep saying , you have nothing to leverage against Nigeria .

You need Nigeria and not the other way round.

Ponder on this very seriously .

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ojobek: 2:23pm On Jun 30, 2023
I dove my cap for you and your ruggedness in typing rubbish.no lesson learned in all this you posted.Continue in your misguided way since you know how to insult whoever that does not aligned with your view.
FSBoperator:

Then you should go back to whatever school you finished from and ask for a refund because your comprehension skills is zero.

Besides, who asked you were you are from and how does were you come from dictate how you think ?

Only an Okoro herd of goats have this herd mentality in thinking everyone has the same reasoning ways.

If you truly are a Yoruba which I can bet my balls you are not , you will see how it was your Ibo friends that dragged me here claiming my position in telling them the folly of this their arrangement and attempts to claim waterways in the lower Niger as Biafran territory was proof I am Yoruba spoiler.

I have gone through this thread and I can smell an Okoro rat when I see one and you are one.

I saw clearly their attempts to seize ownership of territory in the lowe Niger as theirs claiming nonesenical UN charter .

You my friend are an Okoro .

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 2:26pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

And so ?

It passes through Nigerian ports.

Besides, you have nothing to export to others hence why you rely on imports.

And I will remind you that the minute you get that Biafra you will not be able to sustain such levels because:

1. You will not have access to the large Nigerian market

2. No Forex for you. How will your Biafra govt sustain such import based economy with zero Forex inflows ?

As I keep saying , you have nothing to leverage against Nigeria .

You need Nigeria and not the other way round.

Ponder on this very seriously .

Don't change the argument, do you know how much the government make from these imports?

The argument is that you are poor with large ocean and you have no idea what to do with it except bicker like big girls.

How does Lesotho get their imports?

How does Sudan get their imports?

Continue screaming Biafra this Biafra that...

I have never seen group of people who dislike a particular group who are their saving grace...but still want to share same country with them..

No shame.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Larryton(m): 2:32pm On Jun 30, 2023
Kindly explain to me as if I am in elementary school because I don't really understand why its closer to Atlantic ocean than Lagos and rivers

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 2:35pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

Don't change the argument, do you know how much the government make from these imports?

The argument is that you are poor with large ocean and you have no idea what to do with it except bicker like big girls.

How does Lesotho get their imports?

How does Sudan get their imports?

Continue screaming Biafra this Biafra that...

I have never seen group of people who dislike a particular group who are their saving grace...but still want to share same country with them..

No shame.

And when you are gone there will be less money spent subsidizing you in your wretched region that can't sustain itself which depends solely on federal handouts.

You think your import business is a charity ?

This is the same mindset Miyetti Allah was pushing with their RUGA nonesense.

You see why I keep calling you Fulani cousins.

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 2:36pm On Jun 30, 2023
Larryton:
Kindly explain to me as if I am in elementary school because I don't really understand why its closer to Atlantic ocean than Lagos and rivers

Don't bother yourself with Okoro shit posts .

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by DesChyko: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:
The Federal govt has the final say on international shipping lanes within her territory.

In a nutshell, you hope FG don't grant the international shipping route to the South East. You're not saying anything new. The way you are running wild on this thread with your obstacles already announces your mission here. We know what you represent. ✌️

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:37pm On Jun 30, 2023
Arapmoi22:

1. Google Earth Pro installed on your system.
2. Locate all the positions and put a point mark on your proposed seaport in the Landlocked SE.
3. And prove your points.
4. Make a graphical proof of your point.

In all, you just made a fool of yourself with this post.

There are two points there where ocean-going ships can access Obuaku and Afikpo. Can’t speak for the other places mentioned as possible sites for seaports in the south-east/Alaigbo.

The one of Afikpo will pass through Cross-River territory, and assuming they’re a country of their own, bilateral agreements favourable to both sides can be signed….or if it makes better economic sense, and our neighbours are ok with it, a independent Alaigbo can invest and co-own ports in either Calabar or Ibaka! I wouldn’t advise a independent Alaigbo to have anything to do with Port Harcourt, for a number of reasons!

The Obuaku option is a much better one as far as my knowledge goes….even better than the one currently planned for Oguta, and it’s a testament to how inactive and visionless the immediate past Abia gov’t was that the project didn’t get off the ground! In the event of Nigerias’ disintegration, the body of water leading to Obuaku would become a international waterway…with ships heading to Obuaku seaport passing our Opobo cousins on the left and the Republic of Akwa-Ibom/Akwa-Cross on the right.

Assuming, without conceding, that a independent Alaigbo/Biafra is landlocked, as many Igbo haters wish and get wet dreams about, we still have a number of good options at our disposal.
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by TheGreatIYANU: 2:40pm On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:
Over the years, there has been arguments and politicization on the need to build viable seaports in the SE. However, it has become an urgent need now. With the removal of fuel subsidy, any region that is capable of landing fuel directly will become more viable than others. Fuel is cheapest in Lagos and most expensive in NE because of this factor. Also, Lagos needs to breath instead of the current suffocation there. Once there is a viable competition to Lagos, tension in that city will reduce. NC and NE will also benefit because it will make fuel and other imports cheaper in those regions.

Abia, Imo and Anambra States all have the potentials to build deep seaports that can berth large vessels comfortably! [/b]Before anyone decides to argue blindly, here are the facts on ground about ports in Nigeria and their positions:

[b]1. Ibaka, Akwa Ibom state; 30 miles to Atlantic.
2. Lagos State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
3. P.H, Rivers State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
4. Onne, Rivers State; 60 miles to Atlantic.

Now compare all these ports to those in SE:
1. Osemoto, Imo State; 18 miles to Atlantic.
2. Oseakwa, Anambra state; 18 miles to Atlantic.
3. Obuaku, Abia State; 25 miles to Atlantic.

The most intriguing part is that the designated ports in Osemoto/Oseakwa axis offer the deepest natural ports as well as the closest to Atlantic, thereby making them potentially the most viable and easiest to maintain in Nigeria!

Any state in the SE that first builds a viable port will automatically become the richest in the region, but also one of the richest states in Nigeria.

I don't understand what you mean by Lagos state is 50 miles to the Atlantic?!

Lagos is literally situated ON the Atlantic.

Care to elucidate?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by LOVEALAIGBO: 2:41pm On Jun 30, 2023
DesChyko:

In a nutshell, you hope FG don't grant the international shipping route to the South East. You're not saying anything new. The way you are running wild on this thread with your obstacles already announces your mission here. We know what you represent. ✌️

Spot on! wink
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ysth(m): 2:48pm On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:

Do you think Ibaka is on the coast?
ibaka might not be directly on the continental shelf but has a more proximity to the Atlantic been located at the outlet of a river.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 2:51pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

I know your type...utterly mischievous with no self esteem...whatsoever

What is the size of Lagos and how many people are living there.?

Have they chewed themselves yet.

Please stop embarrassing yourself in the public forum.

Shameless, chronic unity beggar...crying more than the bereaved.

At the bolded:

They don't have cannibal genes in them.

The only known cannibal arrested in Lagos was one Orji like that who was using the flyover by Toyota bus stop as his lair and hunting ground..

This is a fact.

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by DesChyko: 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

I am just schooling...

No. You're just making noise. I've seen trolls on Nairaland but this kind of screening on your posts in the link below is on another level. I don't think you'll ever make sense, to be honest. 😂

https://www.nairaland.com/fsboperator/posts/9
Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by optionalY09: 3:01pm On Jun 30, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

@Bolded: tell us what we don’t know! Nobody is surprised here that the muslim core north consider the NPA their property, hence when they get half a chance they fix one of their own to head it! A Yoruba has stolen the presidential mandate and has now fixed his own kinsfolk in there! That’s ‘one Nigeria’ for you!

You are either Yoruba or Fulani….correct me if i’m wrong! I have warned my people that Ndigbo can NEVER progress at our own pace….using our own human and natural resources, when we continue sharing the same country with these two ethnicities! The Fulani and the Tinubu clique of the Yoruba elite have this sick obsession with measuring their progress with how well they think they’re cheating the Igbo and holding us down! This has been the case since the time of Awo and the Sadauna! Zik, who couldn’t read the tea leaves and see beyond his nose for all his intelligence failed to recognise the resentment and hate these two ethnicities have for the Igbo, and he shares a large part of the blame for us still sharing the same country with these people!

You argue Ndigbo will use a seaport located in Alaigbo for ‘import/export of drugs’ and hence no seaport should be built in their region! Have you sat down to read the kind of obnoxious shit you post out of hate?

Go and change your attitude, campaign heavily against crime and promote modest lifestyle among your people. Then everything that you fight to get will come to you without any stress.

Right now if they give you an inch you go a thousand miles. Change that attitude and aggression towards material things and greed. Change your character i can bet it with my heart that if they use an igbo person to head any sea port that town will turn to drug and all sort of illicit substance deport. Just for quick financial gains.

I will never let an igbo person head a sea, airport or border control. Never!

3 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 3:06pm On Jun 30, 2023
DesChyko:

No. You're just making noise. I've seen trolls on Nairaland but this kind of screening on your posts in the link below is on another level. I don't think you'll ever make sense, to be honest. 😂

https://www.nairaland.com/fsboperator/posts/9

Okoro, so you think you can replicate your foolishness in Lagos with the Niger Delta ,

So tomorrow you will say you developed our region and so must rule it.

Besides, your shitty link is not working.

Keep digging my past posts.

Jobless clown.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
optionalY09:

Go and change your attitude, campaign heavily against crime and promote modest lifetime among your people. Then everything that you fight to get will come to you without any stress.

Right now if they give you an inch you go a thousand miles. Change that attitude and aggression towards material things and greed. Change your character i can bet it with my heart that if they use an igbo person to head any sea port that town will turn to drug and all sort of illicit substance deport. Just for quick financial gains.

I will never let an igbo person head a sea, airport or border control. Never!
Supported.

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Arapmoi22: 3:07pm On Jun 30, 2023
LOVEALAIGBO:

There are two points there where ocean-going ships can access Obuaku and Afikpo. Can’t speak for the other places mentioned as possible sites for seaports in the south-east/Alaigbo.

The one of Afikpo will pass through Cross-River territory, and assuming they’re a country of their own, bilateral agreements favourable to both sides can be signed….or if it makes better economic sense, and our neighbours are ok with it, a independent Alaigbo can invest and co-own ports in either Calabar or Ibaka! I wouldn’t advise a independent Alaigbo to have anything to do with Port Harcourt, for a number of reasons!

The Obuaku option is a much better one as far as my knowledge goes….even better than the one currently planned for Oguta, and it’s a testament to how inactive and visionless the immediate past Abia gov’t was that the project didn’t get off the ground! In the event of Nigerias’ disintegration, the body of water leading to Obuaku would become a international waterway…with ships heading to Obuaku seaport passing our Opobo cousins on the left and the Republic of Akwa-Ibom/Akwa-Cross on the right.

Assuming, without conceding, that a independent Alaigbo/Biafra is landlocked, as many Igbo haters wish and get wet dreams about, we still have a number of good options at our disposal.

If you know how to use Google Earth Pro very well,
1. kindly zoom to the area of concern to you.
2. Mark the points
3. Draw a route line connecting such to the sea.
4. Measure the approximate width of the river at the point you marked in Obuaku.

I want us to deal with facts and not fictions.

Note that you and your other folks should use the word "River Port" not Sea Port.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ojobek: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
Some people are learned and contribute to the topic meaningfully,why some like FSBoperator are derailing from the topic,yet he claimed to have graduated from reputable college of education in Nigeria.You can still use your sense even if it is in your anus.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

At the bolded:

They don't have cannibal genes in them.

The only known cannibal arrested in Lagos was one Orji like that who was using the flyover by Toyota bus stop as his lair and hunting ground..

This is a fact.

...he changes to a boring muppet... cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by paramakina202: 3:09pm On Jun 30, 2023
proeast:
Over the years, there has been arguments and politicization on the need to build viable seaports in the SE. However, it has become an urgent need now. With the removal of fuel subsidy, any region that is capable of landing fuel directly will become more viable than others. Fuel is cheapest in Lagos and most expensive in NE because of this factor. Also, Lagos needs to breath instead of the current suffocation there. Once there is a viable competition to Lagos, tension in that city will reduce. NC and NE will also benefit because it will make fuel and other imports cheaper in those regions.

Abia, Imo and Anambra States all have the potentials to build deep seaports that can berth large vessels comfortably! [/b]Before anyone decides to argue blindly, here are the facts on ground about ports in Nigeria and their positions:

[b]1. Ibaka, Akwa Ibom state; 30 miles to Atlantic.
2. Lagos State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
3. P.H, Rivers State; 50 miles to Atlantic.
4. Onne, Rivers State; 60 miles to Atlantic.

Now compare all these ports to those in SE:
1. Osemoto, Imo State; 18 miles to Atlantic.
2. Oseakwa, Anambra state; 18 miles to Atlantic.
3. Obuaku, Abia State; 25 miles to Atlantic.

The most intriguing part is that the designated ports in Osemoto/Oseakwa axis offer the deepest natural ports as well as the closest to Atlantic, thereby making them potentially the most viable and easiest to maintain in Nigeria!

Any state in the SE that first builds a viable port will automatically become the richest in the region, but also one of the richest states in Nigeria.

So Anambra state is now closer to the ocean than Abia state?
Is like saying one location in Kogi state is 15 mile to the ocean while a location in Anambra is 40 miles to the ocean how did it happen.
Btw SE can build River Ports not Sea ports because we do not have ocean shore in SE.

2 Likes

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 3:10pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

...he changes to a boring muppet... cheesy cheesy cheesy

You no get talk.

Abi you wan deny your cannibal roots ?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 3:13pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

You no get talk.

Abi you wan deny your cannibal roots ?

Let me drag you drunken self back to the track...from you cheap sweat drenched collar... smiley

We were talking about size of SE...remember?

In your vile hate you are now jumping from place to place unorganised...

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
Cooly100:

Let me drag you drunken self back to the track...fro you collar... smiley

We were talking about size of SE...remember?

In your vile hate you are now jumping from place to place unorganised...

Size of that your future slave plantation ?

Did I not school you on that ?

Must I repeat myself for your autistic Okoro skull ?

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by ojobek: 3:15pm On Jun 30, 2023
If by paraventual any Ibo man become president with ibo man as Minister of transportation,all this aguement will be thing of the past and impossible will be possible.period.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by FSBoperator: 3:19pm On Jun 30, 2023
ojobek:
If by paraventual any Ibo man become president with ibo man as Minister of transportation,all this aguement will be thing of the past and impossible will be possible.period.

That day will never happen and if by mistake it will never be achieved but resisted fiercely.

Buhari the Uthman don Fodio wannabe attempted to snuggle in RUGA with his water bill that would have ceded all waterways and shore lines to the FG where he intended to create RUGA settlements.

But I like how you now exposed yourself as the Okoro you are and how you also exposed this sea route to India (so to speak) as an Igbo expansionist agenda to claim waterways and coastal areas in the lower Niger Delta.

It will forever be resisted.

No be me tell Una ancestors to settle in that desolate yeast or the one who told you to breed like rats with your runaway population.

1 Like

Re: Why SE Must Build A Seaport Now by Cooly100: 3:27pm On Jun 30, 2023
FSBoperator:

Size of that your future slave plantation ?

Did I not school you on that ?

Must I repeat myself for your autistic Okoro skull

Just read you post now...

Take a deep breath or get some fresh air you are now totally losing it..grabbing all you can see...like a drunk seeing double..

I am done with you...utterly poor fellow who need love...

Go and get a girlfriend....

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

ANALYSIS: Digitalising Nigeria’s Oil Operations For Maximum Efficiency / The Bible Is An African History Book - Discuss. / Senate passes Federal Audit Services Bill

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.