Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,389 members, 7,861,082 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 11:26 PM

Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. (3531 Views)

Why Do Yoruba Women Prefer Men From South South Than South East / All Nigerian Artistes Have Small D*ck’ – SA Model, Abby Zeus (video) / just for fun! See The 12 Categories Of Nigerian Artistes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by TERMlNATOR(m): 10:43am On Jul 03, 2023
AndrewTate:
it's just excitement that happens to most Nigerians... People misunderstand that a lot.
Nigerians are great people that do awesome and very prominent things without a doubt they(we) know this and it's the reason for the special feeling amongst others most of the time.
Don't take it the wrong way...
Whenever you see a Nigerian "showing off" just take it as them having their moment...try as much not to get involved.
I truly understand where you're speaking from.
ugbeni carry ur advice go politics section.
We no need am here.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by AndrewTate(m): 10:46am On Jul 03, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
ugbeni carry ur advice go politics section.
We no need am here.
Sure, you've never had the privilege that's why you don't have any control over yourself whatsoever.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by TERMlNATOR(m): 10:47am On Jul 03, 2023
AndrewTate:
Sure, you've never had the privilege that's why you don't have any control over yourself whatsoever.
why wasting ur time talking to that kaffir?

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by mablie(m): 11:08am On Jul 03, 2023
I cant stand that "pu ru ru pu pu" sound.Personally,i wish Nigerian musicians would stop using that amapiano or whatever it is called sound.It makes their songs sound too similar and monotonous.

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by Diego35M: 12:30pm On Jul 03, 2023
tolue42:

Check your facts right , Amapiano came to Nigeria through Niniola...
Davido made it a hit
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by Allisgud: 12:39pm On Jul 03, 2023
That was wizkid hijacked azonto from Ghana,and do it better than them,that's a talent on its own
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by tolue42(m): 1:23pm On Jul 03, 2023
Diego35M:

Davido made it a hit

But those hits by Davido got dwarf by Asake..the facts are there
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by TERMlNATOR(m): 1:26pm On Jul 03, 2023
tolue42:

no song can erase Champion Sound by Davido.
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by tolue42(m): 1:42pm On Jul 03, 2023
TERMlNATOR:
no song can erase Champion Sound by Davido.

I give up

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by JaceBlaze: 7:02pm On Jul 03, 2023
Seems like some people aren't proud of their Afrobeat anymore so the thing to do now is to latch on the next hot thing (Amapiano that is)

And I see uniformed people in here complaining about how Amapiano don't have lyrics.Guys! Amapiano in its purest form was always about instruments and melodies,hence AMAPIANO (meaning Pianos)

Go listen to MFR Souls and Kabza de Small's earliest stuff before you make a fool out of yourself.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by drealbenard(m): 8:34pm On Jul 03, 2023
KingCold:
As for what you deem meaningless lyrics, try to think of it as types of Hip hop, there's lyrical hip hop and there are club bangers, it's the same with amapiano, there's a lot of lyrical amapiano, vocal r&b- like songs that speak of love etc, and then there are club bangers...tell me the songs below have meaningless lyrics

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J9wscBKc1GE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nxXDERJqOD0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cp0g1BwWJMY

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fj9b4uxs2qs

undecided They all sound the same

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by KingCold: 8:54pm On Jul 03, 2023
drealbenard:

undecided They all sound the same
Not even close
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by finallybusy: 9:13pm On Jul 03, 2023
My problem is the difficulty in dancing to it. South Africans no get wahala. Those ones no sabi dance on a good day. Any way body move for them na dance.

1 Like

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by Madonna1: 9:17pm On Jul 03, 2023
tolue42:

You are right

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by Couldntfigurean: 9:59pm On Jul 03, 2023
tolue42:

I doubt this,Niniola did house music,and long before niniola discovered house music omawummi already done her “In the music” single,though house music birthed Amapiano but we can’t say niniola brought Amapiano to Nigeria
The person who we can say first brought something close like Amapiano to Nigeria is Patoranking with his “Available” song but that also is Qqom music which is the father of present day Amapiano

The first Nigeria to sing in Amapiano would be “Sponono” by dj maphorisa and burna boy or highway by phyno

By the way I hate Nigerian amapiano,they don’t always sound original and Nigerians think amapiano is just about loud sounding log drum,I prefer listening to the original ones by SAs

3 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by Mercury12(m): 11:25pm On Jul 03, 2023
Wahala grin
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by AndrewTate(m): 6:34pm On Jul 04, 2023
finallybusy:
My problem is the difficulty in dancing to it. South Africans no get wahala. Those ones no sabi dance on a good day . Any way body move for them na dance.
South Africans are naturally gifted with deep understanding of rythm... it's in their blood.
The amapiano bounce is completed with those dance moves.
When you watch them dance to it you get a clearer picture of the beat.

@ the bolded: WTF

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by TheSuperX(m): 7:39pm On Jul 04, 2023
Quadribabaalagb:
Amapiano is Nigeria actually sounds different tho.
South Africa amapiano is just beat and little lyrics plus slowpoke dance move.

Nigeria added lyrics,tho I'm tired of amapiano tho, give me anything afro,gimme omah lay.

I sell effective herbs tho, check siggy, put calls
I prefer Omah's Afro depression more than that shitty Amapiano anyday anytime

2 Likes

Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by Diego35M: 9:41pm On Jul 04, 2023
tolue42:

Bend yourself oga, Davido's name alone is way bigger than Asake's whole career
Re: Nigerian Artistes Are Hijacking Amapiano From South Africans. by KingCold: 2:18pm On Jul 05, 2023
AndrewTate:
South Africans are naturally gifted with deep understanding of rythm... it's in their blood.
The amapiano bounce is completed with those dance moves.
When you watch them dance to it you get a clearer picture of the beat.

@ the bolded: WTF

True

(1) (2) (Reply)

Is Flirtation A Course In Nursing Schools? / How Can One Identify A Good Character Woman Suitable For Marriage? / Tonto Dikeh Unclad Photo Went Viral On Twitter [photo]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.