Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,014 members, 7,828,564 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:26 AM

Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? (25647 Views)

Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sharpsharp00123: 6:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
Bukola94:
That is one major problem, white collar jobs that can't pay billater. I once teach in a school, and the HOD told me she has been teaching for more than 30years, close to retirement and her salary is not up to 60k
private school I guess?
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
nautybride:
angry angry
As a novice who knows how to operate a computer system to a certain extent. A little graphics here and there. I am Oliver Twist. Any idea to earn better figures?
affiliate marketing or digital marketing will be good for u. Or be uploading videos on YouTube and be earning has people are downloading your videos. Tic tok owners earn in millions dollar

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Xwizard: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
no one is talking about all these aged parents each time I get broke, the thought of my mother rings a bell on me. Those parents are going through a lot than us.

Right now, am building my future outside Nigeria only waiting for the outcome of the tribunal before I proceed.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 6:40pm On Jul 10, 2023
kingamaa:
We are not coping, nothing to cope with

Breathing sef is difficult

We are just living from hand to mouth. Period.
we are barely surviving, let's hope and pray depression won't kill us
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Wkaay(m): 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
It's not easy o
I rely on GPEC for survival. With GPEC o earn daily to take care of my needs. If interested see my signature
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by TimmyA: 6:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
CIvil servants should enjoy the government they contributed in building while it last
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by IamAtAnger: 6:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
Na only loud(weed) fit grant u this wish
Meditation01:
THE WHITE BIRD

Picture yourself as a beautiful white bird. Feel that you are flying high up in a cloudless sky.
Imagine that you are gently flapping your wings and flying higher and higher until the earth fades
from your sight.
Now try gliding. Feel that you are floating on the air currents high above this world. Imagine
yourself soaring and then swooping down. Feel the perfect freedom of unobstructed flight. You
are flying alone high up in the sky. You have flown beyond all of your problems, worries, and
difficulties.
Fly higher, beyond the sky into space. Fly between the stars and planets. Glide beyond all of
the distant heavens until you have flown beyond time and space. Continue flying into worlds
unknown.
Feel that you are flying now into other dimensions. You are passing through dimension after
dimension. Each dimension is a different reality and you have glimpses of that reality as you pass
through it. Feel that you are flying through hundreds of different dimensions each minute.
As you fly through each dimension, notice your bird body changing. It will assume a different
shape in each dimension. Then, after flying through all of existence, return to this world. Fly high
up in the sky and then swoop down to your home.
Fly back into your room and observe your body as it relaxes. Now re-enter your body. As you
do, feel that you are bringing back with you a totally new perspective on existence. All of the
freedom and vision you gained from your flight will stay with you now. You have experienced
perfect freedom in flight. Your flying has totally relaxed and refreshed-you.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by boldx(m): 6:52pm On Jul 10, 2023
theophorus:

During my days in Private Schools Teaching things, A colleague regretted not picking Public Teaching Service in 1995.

In 1995, being a Graduate of Mathematics, Private Schools were paying Her far better than the Govt could pay. Fast forward to 2014, She was earning less than 40k.

Make I Sha kip kwayet no need for details.

Hope you know presently that some private school teachers earn as much as N300,000 monthly salary now (2023) and have lessons too that pay as much as N200,000 plus monthly. If you know you know.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by IamAtAnger: 6:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
Are u sure you're mentally ok?... did u even understand what u juz typed?
Emmanuel30a:
How can I be of help...? By the way, isn't there a theory-according to some people that; "HEAVEN helps those who helps themselves..."? Clap for yourself...? Seems you don't know yourself...let alone knows and abide by HIMSELF... If I were a chef, I would looks up at.../to my self and my Shelf...; I won't be deceiving myself-doing like Wyclef or like a Wyclef...,that is in "AYF" (Anglican Youth Whatever...) As a chef, I would love/haves/halves &armed myself,etc; with or by putting "books".../THE BOOK...,etc; inside a Shelf or my Shelf... Now, you would be singing-"ROCK of AGES clefts for me...let me hide myself in THEE..." In THEE or with THEE...? Both...? What of..., let THE WATER and THE BLOOD... from the...?...

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Damian911: 6:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
ideatoprince18:
May Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping favor me and my family
You are going bonkers watch it undecided!
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by vickydevoka(m): 7:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
No do pass yourself.
One must not marry from a rich family.
Look for a noble family and marry from there.
If the lady is a hustler, bring her to the city, secure a loan then give it to her to start a business.
Get and affordable house maybe room and parlour.
Don't give birth to more than two.
In summary no do pass yourself if your monthly income is less than 100k in this present economy.
Loan is bad
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by NovusHomo(m): 7:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
How can I be of help...? By the way, isn't there a theory-according to some people that; "HEAVEN helps those who helps themselves..."? Clap for yourself...? Seems you don't know yourself...let alone knows and abide by HIMSELF... If I were a chef, I would looks up at.../to my self and my Shelf...; I won't be deceiving myself-doing like Wyclef or like a Wyclef...,that is in "AYF" (Anglican Youth Whatever...) As a chef, I would love/haves/halves &armed myself,etc; with or by putting "books".../THE BOOK...,etc; inside a Shelf or my Shelf... Now, you would be singing-"ROCK of AGES clefts for me...let me hide myself in THEE..." In THEE or with THEE...? Both...? What of..., let THE WATER and THE BLOOD... from the...?...

embarassed

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Emmanuel30a: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
IamAtAnger:
Are u sure you're mentally ok?... did u even understand what u juz typed?
Funny you... Just ask...,if you don't underestimates and or don't understands... It is amusing rather than amazing, this old fashioned way, etc; that you are using to or trying to get me talking/speaking or get the Words of GOD/THE WORD from me... By the way, introduce and reintroduce yourself... First of all, introduction... Your gender reveal...?...
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Ewedegubbler: 7:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
bulaba
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by TOPCRUISE(m): 7:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
Many of them don't want a change in government. So they campaign for the ruling party and vote for them because of their jobs. They are ok with the salary

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by alphabbey1(m): 7:21pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
As long as the one that created me who has lived for billions of years does not go hungry.
I, my kids and my generation will never go hungry.
unless you have another source of income, I belive your current generation is already hungry coz 35k is surely not enough for 1 person to conveniently feed on in a month, scary to imagine 5....

You type good English with good punctuation, how come you are settling for 35k

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by galantjoe(m): 7:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
Am a civil servant, I receive less N100k a month. But I hace side hustles that may fetch 20k to 50k a month. I have a car, I stopped riding it when BAT remove fuel subsidy. Am now a trekker, everyone in our neighborhood knows as trekker because I don't enter ọkada; their price is usually ridiculous. I have to trek to enter Keke or bus The fact is that economy is hard.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by sonssyo: 7:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Me wey dey single self,300k never do me, not to talk of married and earning 100k, wahala wear wrapper

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Childfree: 7:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dimaya:
I am writing this post in response to my initial post that made front page yesterday in which a lady said she won't get pregnant until her husband starts earning over 200K

See here:
https://www.nairaland.com/7729988/girl-wont-get-pregnant-husband/

People's reactions got me thinking heavily because nobody addressed the obvious elephant in the room:

unreasonable civil service salaries

In the original post's video, it was established that Nigerian civil servants starting out with a degree ( level 8 ) earn an average of 75K monthly.

And it takes as much as 15-20 years before they can earn close to 200K monthly.

With the current high cost of living (particularly food, transportation and housing), it seems the government doesn't expect civil servants to be able to support their families on their salaries.

This begs the question: does the Nigerian government pay enough for civil servants to get married?

And also, if you're a married civil servant earning less than 100K, how on earth are you able to meet your obligations today?

How?

the video referenced in the previous post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50

Simple they cut their cut according to their sizes.

The food they eat or soup in their pot looks like someone who earns 100k, likewise the house they rent, the school the wards attend, clothing and every other thing.

Any amount can sustain a family. It only boils down to the quality of life they'll live.

Government is not paying you because you have family. Government pays because you work and there is a specified pay for the work.

You should have asked the bigger question. How comes the people you are wondering how they are surviving on the low pay still birthing more kids hence liability that requires more money?
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by hansomb: 7:34pm On Jul 10, 2023
Meditation01:
THE WHITE BIRD

Picture yourself as a beautiful white bird. Feel that you are flying high up in a cloudless sky.
Imagine that you are gently flapping your wings and flying higher and higher until the earth fades
from your sight.
Now try gliding. Feel that you are floating on the air currents high above this world. Imagine
yourself soaring and then swooping down. Feel the perfect freedom of unobstructed flight. You
are flying alone high up in the sky. You have flown beyond all of your problems, worries, and
difficulties.
Fly higher, beyond the sky into space. Fly between the stars and planets. Glide beyond all of
the distant heavens until you have flown beyond time and space. Continue flying into worlds
unknown.
Feel that you are flying now into other dimensions. You are passing through dimension after
dimension. Each dimension is a different reality and you have glimpses of that reality as you pass
through it. Feel that you are flying through hundreds of different dimensions each minute.
As you fly through each dimension, notice your bird body changing. It will assume a different
shape in each dimension. Then, after flying through all of existence, return to this world. Fly high
up in the sky and then swoop down to your home.
Fly back into your room and observe your body as it relaxes. Now re-enter your body. As you
do, feel that you are bringing back with you a totally new perspective on existence. All of the
freedom and vision you gained from your flight will stay with you now. You have experienced
perfect freedom in flight. Your flying has totally relaxed and refreshed-you.
you must be good in masturbation
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Lordwesley: 7:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
God dey sha
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by ideatoprince18(m): 7:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
Damian911:
You are going bonkers watch it undecided!

May you are going bonkers watch it favor me and my family
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by hansomb: 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
If you still buy Sardines especially Titus, Peak milk container, Milo or bournvita container, blue band rubber, cube sugar, swan bottle water, real Indomie cartoon, company package groundnut oil, original foreign rice, red beans, fill your car tank, on gen for more than 4 hours for entertainment, uses gas to cook beans, uses Tura soap/imperial leather to bath, starch all your clothes, etc you're rich in Nigeria.

7 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by theophorus(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
boldx:

Hope you know presently that some private school teachers earn as much as N300,000 monthly salary now (2023) and have lessons too that pay as much as N200,000 plus monthly. If you know you know.

Guy, I know say of you dey schools like Greenville for Anthony, Corona etc... The pay is good but then what Fraction of Private school teachers earn above 100k?

Well, let me agree with You that Private School Teachers Earn more than Public Schools. Guess we are good now?

4 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 7:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I earn 35k working as a security man with 5 kids
how u dey cope? Hope you have other sources of income
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Dannydrums889: 7:55pm On Jul 10, 2023
This country get has he be cry angry sad
I want to learn tech skills,who will teach/mentor me?
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by obinna58(m): 7:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
many Nigerians want to live above their means n they don’t want to cut their coat according to their size

I have stopped discussing money issue here cos I see majority of them as unreasonable

How can a bachelor tell us he’s earning 450k per month n it’s not enough n some foolish people will start blaming d economy

Even if u are living in v.I as a bachelor earning 450k per month u should b able to live reasonably

Another mugu posted it here that he’s earning 250k n has 2 kids n his kids drank garri to bed

It’s just annoying cos I know people who are earning 150k with family n they are fine

Even an okada man with 4 children n a wife have built house n he’s okay but many people here will make 500k look like 5 naira
You Dey Nigeria so?
You’re the unreasonable one

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 7:59pm On Jul 10, 2023
bjdon:
Until Nigerians change their mindset, they will continue to suffer sadly.

How can any educated person really expect to have a life in Nigeria on fixed salary, when inflation is so rampant? How can you survive? Unless you are earning mega wages, with above inflation pay rise part of your contract, then it's a waste of time doing any kind of salary job. You are better off being self employed. If it's only 10 hectares you farm each year, with a good mix of crops, you'll do much better than 75K a month. The problem is everybody wants to be in the office. Continue, the poverty coming for many of you under Tinubu no get definition for dictionary.
I beg,how much them dey rent 1hectare of land,or 3plots of land
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Laredojohn(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
As a Civil Servant you plan ahead, knowing fully well your take home may not take you home,you have to develop a side hustle and possibly multiple streams of income no matter how small make sure you are earning something extra asides your salary if you are not ready to steal to survive. Will use myself as a case study, many people here know my humble beginnings, I started working as a civil servant 2010, started my online businesses 2012 as a single person, I did jobs as little as picking up services for payment on Nairaland here , before I moved into mini importing and logistics, meeting good people here my business expanded, knew new things,all this while I was saving because I lived with my parent while I worked and did business,to the Glory of God I married,2018, moved to my own rented apartment same year, my business is still waxing strong to God be the glory, and I am still a Civil Servant with Two lovely kids and a lovely wife,with multiple legal streams of income which atimes I make more than times two of my salary in business atimes even before the Month ends. As a Civil Servant never depend on your salary try figure out something legal you can do to make extra income

5 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

I was only sympathizing with you bro...

The thought of this can land someone into a state of depression.
we wey dey earn 50k plus self dey depressed. Counting 30days,30days and debt don dey on ground. As soon as salary enter,salary they go back to my creditors. No savings, na foodstuffs and transport fare only
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Donpenny(m): 8:06pm On Jul 10, 2023
Cost of living in some small neighbouring towns are cheaper compare to city life therefore look for posting to villages or small town so u can stay afloat because is really tough out there now for salary earner o. Dnt die of depression o. My neighbour has been living pay cheque to pay cheque for some years becux inflation that has rendered his meagre salary and his wife valueless. All his children are now public sch and he can't even afford rent again without taking loan. I told him to post to the village but his wife is against it. The man is terribly depressed right nw
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 8:08pm On Jul 10, 2023
Evolutionlove:

The Minister For Poverty Elevation has spokengrin
A ministry of such should be created. Ministry of orphans,Windows, widowers and less privilege

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

I'm Experiencing Emotional Blackmail From My Family! / Zimbabwean Man Seeks Divorce Over Inability To Satisfy Wife With Sex / It Is Wrong For A Woman To Respect Her Husband — Apostle Okose (pics,video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.