Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,179 members, 7,829,230 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:11 PM

Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? (25655 Views)

Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Raalsalghul: 12:24am On Jul 11, 2023
Evolutionlove:

grin grin grin

Chaiii wetin I just read now.

Served Since 2014??

Collecting 25 Wetin??

And you never enter STREET find solutions to your Situationship. Chaiii things dey Happen.

Raalsalghul come and see oOoshocked

I have made a personal vow.

I rather remain childless than have a child with a Nigerian passport, not with the shits I've seen in that country.

Never!

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Gerrard59(m): 3:06am On Jul 11, 2023
JeffreyJunior:
As Nigeria is now, every male including he-goats should go for vasectomy and every female should tie their wombs until we know the direction Tinubu is going.

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Gerrard59(m): 3:07am On Jul 11, 2023
slawomir:
Damnnn niggar

Grab my weed to read comments and lamentations of married people

Let the shege and suffering go round
I used to give money out to people but after this election I realised something that even the beggar on the street will still step into the polling unit on the day of election with tribalism
So since February I nor green give anybody money again and he go remain so for the next four years

Good boy. Since they want to be poor, teach them how to be poor.

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Gerrard59(m): 3:13am On Jul 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

You're always a wise man.

The middle class in areas in my city has been obliterated into oblivion. Many people don't understand the magnitude of the trouble we're in. All the middle class neighborhood that I grew up in and frequented in the late 90s up till the late 2000s are now fragmented into single rooms and bedsitters. 3 bedroom bungalows don turn barracks. Well kept estates don turn barracks and I weep. I have a deep pain in my heart Angel Frost when I see these places.

I am curious, which state is this? The state not the city if you want to conceal it.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Gerrard59(m): 3:22am On Jul 11, 2023
Gerrard59:
OP,

Nothing new. Things are hard everywhere, but the difference is how the extent people go to trim costs. Many Nigerians are still thinking of hosting parties, expensive burial ceremonies, weddings, birthday bashes, buying expensive phones etc. To cap it, having plenty of children yanfu-yanfu. To be honest, I do not think Nigerians, especially in Southern Nigeria, are suffering o. Instagram and Facebook pictures tell a different story.

https://www.nairaland.com/6390993/dont-relocate-billionaire-nigeria-fantasy

https://www.nairaland.com/6035550/nigerians-poverty-certain-acts-perpetuate

https://www.nairaland.com/3450586/poor-un-intelligent-people-should-not

Even almost ten years ago, there is nothing happening today that I did not predict.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by atheistandproud(m): 3:40am On Jul 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

I am curious, which state is this? The state not the city if you want to conceal it.

Warri, Delta state.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 5:25am On Jul 11, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Yea I know
But lemme ask you a question, how much was the average salary then, when you could spend 50kobo and 1 naira to get breakfast and lunch?

They are reluctant to review salaries. It is long overdue. That's why this level of hardship imposed by GOVT is ruthlessly biting almost everyone in a furious manner.
that 50kobo & 1naira breakfast and lunch is now 500naira and 1k,that 500naira food at canteen or 1k lunch no go belleful u. And they are reluctant to review salary, at least minimum wage should be 50k to 60k in this Nigeria economy

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by sonssyo: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
VeeVeeMyLuv, Angelfrost, these are d people I am talking about, imagine a bachelor saying 300k no do am n no time this one self will start blaming d government cos 300k is not enough for only him per month. Just 1 person ooo

Give these ones 20million per day n they will still tell u stories
Why are you calling everyone,I'm not a man ooo, in between am just recovering from an accident that took away all my savings,I pay people to assist me,I'm the only one taking care of my mum cos she no get me two, so what are you saying,my dear money have lost it's values
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 6:19am On Jul 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
many Nigerians want to live above their means n they don’t want to cut their coat according to their size

I have stopped discussing money issue here cos I see majority of them as unreasonable

How can a bachelor tell us he’s earning 450k per month n it’s not enough n some foolish people will start blaming d economy

Even if u are living in v.I as a bachelor earning 450k per month u should b able to live reasonably

Another mugu posted it here that he’s earning 250k n has 2 kids n his kids drank garri to bed

It’s just annoying cos I know people who are earning 150k with family n they are fine

Even an okada man with 4 children n a wife have built house n he’s okay but many people here will make 500k look like 5 naira
if A lot of people or middle class are earning 250k or even 200k, one should be living well and comfortable even with this economy. One should manage and not spend anyhow
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Bukola94: 6:25am On Jul 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

Trust me, most of those claims here are totally false!

Over 80% of registered and active Nairaland members today are kids and youths! Sometimes, I just indulge them!

The one claiming he is earning 450k has never seen 100k in his young life! Believe that!

Sadly, this is what social media has become (Facebook, Instagram, etc). People just come to paint pictures that are far from real, deceiving others to become dissatisfied with their comfortable incomes and start thinking of stealing.
how many citizens are earning up to 450k in Nigeria. I don't think 30% of people earn up to dat
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Gerrard59(m): 7:00am On Jul 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

Warri, Delta state.

Well, that is a problem associated with Warri. Too many people in that area have spoilt the area. In the state my parents live, there has been the extension of the middle class and upper class areas because land no dey again and house don full everywhere.

Warri elites have failed their people and themselves.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Streetdoctor: 7:02am On Jul 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

I honestly won't be too quick to start blaming Tinubu... Even the best amongst them would have started on the very same footing.

The damage preceded even Buhari, but the Daura clown made matters worse with his reckless borrowing and economic policies!

Tinubu is currently running on fumes... He is grandstanding and hoping for a miraculous break somewhere, maybe a huge Debt-relief!

Sigh... It's gonna get really ugly, especially for people with large families and limited incomes! SMH!!!
1 keg of palmi for u jare, I love how u analyzed d issue. D dullard brought d enomocy on her knees
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Streetdoctor: 7:52am On Jul 11, 2023
Xwizard:
no one is talking about all these aged parents each time I get broke, the thought of my mother rings a bell on me. Those parents are going through a lot than us.

Right now, am building my future outside Nigeria only waiting for the outcome of the tribunal before I proceed.
Lolssssss, are u serious regards to d tribunal stuff?
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 8:04am On Jul 11, 2023
Bukola94:
how many citizens are earning up to 450k in Nigeria. I don't think 30% of people earn up to dat

30% for where?!! Lol!!!

Less than 10% of working Nigerians earn up to that every month! undecided embarassed
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sharpsharp00123: 8:17am On Jul 11, 2023
Bukola94:
if A lot of people or middle class are earning 250k or even 200k, one should be living well and comfortable even with this economy. One should manage and not spend anyhow
God bless u

Imagine a bachelor saying 300k is not enough for him in a month n many still want us to blame d economy, it’s obvious d he’s not doing things right

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by ibechris(m): 9:18am On Jul 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
many Nigerians want to live above their means n they don’t want to cut their coat according to their size

I have stopped discussing money issue here cos I see majority of them as unreasonable

How can a bachelor tell us he’s earning 450k per month n it’s not enough n some foolish people will start blaming d economy

Even if u are living in v.I as a bachelor earning 450k per month u should b able to live reasonably

Another mugu posted it here that he’s earning 250k n has 2 kids n his kids drank garri to bed

It’s just annoying cos I know people who are earning 150k with family n they are fine

Even an okada man with 4 children n a wife have built house n he’s okay but many people here will make 500k look like 5 naira

Your analysis is good but my problem with u guys here is that,many of u like living a life of comparison.

My salary is close to 130k but it all goes in buying fuel in a month. Here is how I now survive,I earn close to 2.5million to 3million on my passive income. I and my wife now use one car to work every day although we do change car at times.

Instead of cutting cost such that it would affect me and my children,I will rather increase my earning power.

150k and 200k in this economy is a looming danger for many families except u yourself isn't family man.

Yes,they can manage but I can tell u for free that,150k or 200k can't pay for children school fees if they were to attend a private schools and all sorts.

To survive in Nigeria,don't compare yourself with anyone else,u will be on ur way to the land of frustration. Be prudent in all do.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by iamL(f): 10:16am On Jul 11, 2023
atheistandproud:

Warri, Delta state.

Where exactly in warri?
Some of you guys are prophets of doom!
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by LordAdam16: 10:26am On Jul 11, 2023
Gerrard59:

Well, that is a problem associated with Warri. Too many people in that area have spoilt the area. In the state my parents live, there has been the extension of the middle class and upper class areas because land no dey again and house don full everywhere.

Warri elites have failed their people and themselves.

Read the contributions on this thread from two months back:

https://www.nairaland.com/7689347/every-nigeria-city-should-learn

There is not much to add. The people failed themselves.

-Lord
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by atheistandproud(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2023
iamL:

Where exactly in warri?
Some of you guys are prophets of doom!

See them. Town has turned to Keke city under everyone noses and you're asking me where. Keep asking na.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Digitalben(m): 11:26am On Jul 11, 2023
As a married civil servant myself, I can definitely relate to the challenges posed by today's economy. It's no secret that financial stability is crucial for any couple, and it can be particularly tough when both partners are working in the public sector. Rising living costs, inflation, and limited salary growth can put a strain on our finances and overall well-being.

However, despite these challenges, my spouse and I have found ways to cope and thrive. We prioritize open communication about our financial goals and regularly evaluate our budget. We look for ways to save money, such as meal planning and finding affordable entertainment options. Additionally, we actively seek out professional development opportunities to enhance our skills and increase our earning potential.

While it may not always be easy, being married civil servants has its advantages too. We have access to certain benefits and job security, which provides some stability in uncertain times. Moreover, we've built a strong support network with other married civil servants, sharing tips and strategies to navigate the economic landscape.

Ultimately, it's important for us to remember that we're not alone in this journey. By supporting and encouraging each other, as well as staying adaptable and proactive in managing our finances, we can overcome the economic challenges and continue to build a fulfilling life together.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by WeirdAlien: 11:43am On Jul 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
u are a mumu man

I was talking about when Volkswagen was 1200 n we still have wristwatch like stilheoto, singer fridge

I don’t even need to reply u cos u are so lost that u don’t know d meaning of inflation, it affects every country in d world n I could remember my fathers friend travelled to uk in d 90’s with less than 10k

See ehn just go sit down

I won't insult you, lest I be like you.

So if you have that info, you should know that in those days, your car loan would buy you a brand new car with change remaining - latest model, like saying 2023 car!

Inflation affects every country - have you compared their inflation rates with that of Nigeria over the decades? Naira to US Dollars went from 67 kobo in 1973 to ₦765 in 2023. And you're here defending inflation in Nigeria.
Do you know a minimum wage earner in the UK today can use loan to buy 2023 car without much sweat?

You need to know what a working country should be like. And truth is, Nigeria was there once.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Streetdoctor: 1:49pm On Jul 11, 2023
Donpenny:
Cost of living in some small neighbouring towns are cheaper compare to city life therefore look for posting to villages or small town so u can stay afloat because is really tough out there now for salary earner o. Dnt die of depression o. My neighbour has been living pay cheque to pay cheque for some years becux inflation that has rendered his meagre salary and his wife valueless. All his children are now public sch and he can't even afford rent again without taking loan. I told him to post to the village but his wife is against it. The man is terribly depressed right nw
That ur friend deserves to suffocate, since he doesn't want to do d needful

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Streetdoctor: 2:00pm On Jul 11, 2023
Angelfrost:

They will tell you that "God who brought the kids will provide"! They end up birthing serious problems for the nation!
Real serious problem, boko garam, UGM, militants and Owo mi da dem causing nuisance are all bcs of this
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Love800(m): 3:32pm On Jul 11, 2023
Pls, hw is dis possible?
boldx:

Hope you know presently that some private school teachers earn as much as N300,000 monthly salary now (2023) and have lessons too that pay as much as N200,000 plus monthly. If you know you know.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by sacajawea: 4:47pm On Jul 11, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I earn 35k working as a security man with 5 kids
Ehn?? Na Lie Joor
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Rinoxy: 9:09pm On Jul 11, 2023
WeirdAlien:
There was a time civil servants could afford tear rubber latest Toyota or Peugeot in this country. No stealing. Just pay your car loan over 2-4 years conveniently with like 20% of your monthly salary. Those vehicles worth over N20m today.
You're right, but actually, we still do same today, on Nigerian used cars. We still take car loans from our salary accounts banks and spread payment over 3-5yrs. It's well.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Kemadealadire(f): 9:10pm On Jul 11, 2023
The same they have been coping.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Rinoxy: 9:15pm On Jul 11, 2023
Sharpsharp00123:
Oga go n sit down with your rubbish analysis

Many of u are kids who don’t even know what operates now, there are car loans everywhere for civil servants which they can pay conveniently for a period of 4 years

Before u argue just know u are talking to a person whose both parents retired as civil servants

Many of u are just talking rubbish jare, many civil servants are using cars now self
Pls can you give me info on the car loans you know? Thanks.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by boldx(m): 9:25pm On Jul 11, 2023
Love800:
Pls, hw is dis possible?

It seems almost impossible right? I wouldn't make a statement like this if I wasn't sure. It's not only Lagos that has good schools. The way is this: look for top British curriculum schools in Nigeria.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Gerrard59(m): 10:06pm On Jul 11, 2023
LordAdam16:

Read the contributions on this thread from two months back:

https://www.nairaland.com/7689347/every-nigeria-city-should-learn

There is not much to add. The people failed themselves.

-Lord

I read it then. That thread came to my mind when I read the reply. Warri elites failed them, nothing else. Generally, Nigerian elites have failed their citizens, but some have failed more than others. Currently, the southeast elites are doing their round of abominable failure.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by bukatyne(f): 11:19pm On Jul 11, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I earn 35k working as a security man with 5 kids

You are a very irresponsible father sir EXCEPT you had multiple births more than once. Again, one would expect that if your first birth is multiple, you would lock up. Only if you had one the first time and quadruplets thereafter.

And you have the guts to blackmail someone with 'if you want to help, help'.

Who helped you impregnate your wife 5 times?

What was your game plan breeding those number of kids?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nazira: Missing Child Found In Osogbo (Photo) / Three-year-old Falls Into Well While Playing With Friends (photo) / My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.