Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,146 members, 7,829,098 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:07 PM

Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? (25653 Views)

Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

I am not

Baba We need to come to you for highly paid tutorials to learn how u do it.

God is great.
Go and married and sympathise no more 😆
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by NiceLegs: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
They have increased their own salaries by 150%.

They have even added what they call Hardship Allowance for themselves.

Tinubu is working.

We love Tinubu.

4 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ahmed0336:
No do pass yourself.
One must not marry from a rich family.
Look for a noble family and marry from there.
If the lady is a hustler, bring her to the city, secure a loan then give it to her to start a business.
Get and affordable house maybe room and parlour.
Don't give birth to more than two.
In summary no do pass yourself if your monthly income is less than 100k in this present economy.

Over 90 percent of Nigerians will never abide by these words!

This is just the problem... Nigerians will never learn to cut their coats to the material available.

I'm still shocked that young couples still bear several children today even when they clearly lack the resources to raise them... So, who are they birthing those innocent kids for?! Is there a welfare system in place?!

A couple squatting in a semi-completed building belonging to a relative just had their third child... The older ones barely eat, and are always dressed in rags.

So, it's really terrible that our economy is in tatters... Still, the main problem is that most Nigerians are financially irresponsible!

Even as a young child growing up back then, I have always struggled to understand why most Nigerians spend so frivolously and unwisely!

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:27pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Go and married and sympathise no more 😆
Okay Sir 😀🤝
Soonest
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 5:28pm On Jul 10, 2023
SHiNJA4RMDWEST:

How do u feed Ur family?
I will show Mercy to whom I have chosen to show mercy.
This is the word of God.
As long as the one that created me who has lived for billions of years does not go hungry.
I, my kids and my generation will never go hungry.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Okay Sir 😀🤝
Soonest

As long as the one that created me who has lived for billions of years does not go hungry.

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 5:29pm On Jul 10, 2023
bitbillionaire:

Hmmmm!!! My condolence to the poor kids!

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nasri100(m): 5:31pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:

In the end nobody cares. That's you and your children problems. The world has moved on from things like this.

Goodluck in your quest to become rich and take care of your family.

I wish you well.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by airsaylongcome: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2023
boldx:

Hope you know some private school teachers earn much more than (by far) govt workers and live comfortably.

Keyword being "some". Definitely less than 1% of them

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Shantyken(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
Normally life for easy for naija but na social media pepper body gang be one of the reasons life hard. All the same as a civil servant abegggggg marry person wey de ready to grow with uuu.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Purvan(m): 5:35pm On Jul 10, 2023
I rather stay homeless than work for government
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by theophorus(m): 5:36pm On Jul 10, 2023
boldx:

Hope you know some private school teachers earn much more than (by far) govt workers and live comfortably.

During my days in Private Schools Teaching things, A colleague regretted not picking Public Teaching Service in 1995.

In 1995, being a Graduate of Mathematics, Private Schools were paying Her far better than the Govt could pay. Fast forward to 2014, She was earning less than 40k.

Make I Sha kip kwayet no need for details.

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by FROGMAN101(m): 5:37pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I earn 35k working as a security man with 5 kids

PLEASE ADD ONE TO MAKE IT SIX 🙏

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by ednut1(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
Some people go still born in this kind economy o
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Meditation01(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
THE WHITE BIRD

Picture yourself as a beautiful white bird. Feel that you are flying high up in a cloudless sky.
Imagine that you are gently flapping your wings and flying higher and higher until the earth fades
from your sight.
Now try gliding. Feel that you are floating on the air currents high above this world. Imagine
yourself soaring and then swooping down. Feel the perfect freedom of unobstructed flight. You
are flying alone high up in the sky. You have flown beyond all of your problems, worries, and
difficulties.
Fly higher, beyond the sky into space. Fly between the stars and planets. Glide beyond all of
the distant heavens until you have flown beyond time and space. Continue flying into worlds
unknown.
Feel that you are flying now into other dimensions. You are passing through dimension after
dimension. Each dimension is a different reality and you have glimpses of that reality as you pass
through it. Feel that you are flying through hundreds of different dimensions each minute.
As you fly through each dimension, notice your bird body changing. It will assume a different
shape in each dimension. Then, after flying through all of existence, return to this world. Fly high
up in the sky and then swoop down to your home.
Fly back into your room and observe your body as it relaxes. Now re-enter your body. As you
do, feel that you are bringing back with you a totally new perspective on existence. All of the
freedom and vision you gained from your flight will stay with you now. You have experienced
perfect freedom in flight. Your flying has totally relaxed and refreshed-you.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 5:38pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dimaya:

Also, you need alternate income sources

Even with alternate income sources, most Nigerians lack financial prudence!

A lot of us spend more than we save even on non-essentials!

Do you know that there are civil servants who have side chicks and concubines?!! What about big guys who hop from club to club everyday?!!

10 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
It's not easy ooo. The salary is just too poor. The government should pay civil servant living wages.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Mrfred43(m): 5:39pm On Jul 10, 2023
Na bomb o money no reach chop again
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Smokedetector: 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
The amount of similar topics about the economy since the new administration ehn grin and we thought it couldn't get worse than Buhari. By the time this man is done with us all, we will all ronu. Lmao

3 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nasri100(m): 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

Over 90 percent of Nigerians will never abide by these words!

This is just the problem... Nigerians will never learn to cut their coats to the material available.

I'm still shocked that young couples still bear several children today even when they clearly lack the resources to raise them... So, who are they birthing those innocent kids for?! Is there a welfare system in place?!

A couple squatting in a semi-completed building belonging to a relative just had their third child... The older ones barely eat, and are always dressed in rags.

So, it's really terrible that our economy is in tatters... Still, the main problem is that most Nigerians are financially irresponsible!

Even as a young child growing up back then, I have always struggled to understand why most Nigerians spend so frivolously and unwisely!

"Dont try to understand it, just feel it" - Tenet grin

Jokes aside, You should be looking to leave Nigeria or just find a way to make more money and live among the rich people.

That's the only way to escape the madness going on around you.

A country with zero welfare for its people. Sometimes i cringe but understand why the poor will keep getting poor and rich getting rich.

Its conditioning grin

Even in working countries like USA & UK theres high inflation and etc. Not to talk of a s h i t h o l e Nigeria. Yet some Nigerians will never have sense even after they know that this Government noe send anybody papa.

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by NovusHomo(m): 5:42pm On Jul 10, 2023
bitbillionaire:

Hmmmm!!! My condolence to the poor kids!

undecided
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 5:43pm On Jul 10, 2023
Akwamkpuruamu:
The worst time to be a godly civil servant is now

Not just civil servant...! This is the worst time to be earning in Naira! Except in very large amounts!

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by ChybuzzDD(m): 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
I will show Mercy to whom I have chosen to show mercy.
This is the word of God.

I just hope you're joking
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 5:46pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nasri100:

"Dont try to understand it, just feel it" - Tenet grin

Jokes aside, You should be looking to leave Nigeria or just find a way to make more money and live among the rich people.

That's the only way to escape the madness going on in Nigeria.

A country with no welfare for its people. Sometimes i cringe but understand why the poor will keep getting poor and rich getting rich.

Even in working countries like USA & UK theres high inflation and etc. Not to talk of a s h i t h o l e Nigeria. Yet some Nigerians will never have sense.

As at today, the Middle Class of the 90s and early 2000s is GONE!!!

Do you know what it means for a nation to lose its middle class?!! Can you begin to imagine the impact it will have on small and medium scale businesses?!!

This nation is heading to a very dangerous place!!!

9 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nasri100(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
Angelfrost:

As at today, the Middle Class of the 90s and early 2000s is GONE!!!

Do you know what it means for a nation to lose its middle class?!! Can you begin to imagine the impact it will have on small and medium scale businesses?!!

This nation is heading to a very dangerous place!!!

The nation is already in a dangerous place.

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Edipet(m): 5:47pm On Jul 10, 2023
stacyadams:
.....lol ibo man......anom na yard grin
😂. Only time I dey hear that world in is only wen I travel to ibo land
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Emmanuel30a: 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Stop this.
If you want to help.
Help
How can I be of help...? By the way, isn't there a theory-according to some people that; "HEAVEN helps those who helps themselves..."? Clap for yourself...? Seems you don't know yourself...let alone knows and abide by HIMSELF... If I were a chef, I would looks up at.../to my self and my Shelf...; I won't be deceiving myself-doing like Wyclef or like a Wyclef...,that is in "AYF" (Anglican Youth Whatever...),NCCF,etc... EFCC or DSS...? SSS, SS, AS or ASS?... As a chef, I would love/haves/halves &armed myself,etc; with or by putting "books".../THE BOOK...,etc; inside a Shelf or my Shelf... Now, you would be singing-"ROCK of AGES clefts for me...let me hide myself in THEE..." In THEE or with THEE...? Both...? What of..., let THE WATER and THE BLOOD... from the...?...
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by NovusHomo(m): 5:48pm On Jul 10, 2023
FROGMAN101:

PLEASE ADD ONE TO MAKE IT SIX 🙏

grin
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Angelfrost(m): 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2023
Nasri100:

The nation is already in a dangerous place.

It's a very shocking and rude awakening...!

It's hard to believe a nation can degenerate this badly in just 8 years!

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by gaddafe(m): 5:50pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dimaya:
I am writing this post in response to my initial post that made front page yesterday in which a lady said she won't get pregnant until her husband starts earning over 200K

See here:
https://www.nairaland.com/7729988/girl-wont-get-pregnant-husband/

People's reactions got me thinking heavily because nobody addressed the obvious elephant in the room:

unreasonable civil service salaries

In the original post's video, it was established that Nigerian civil servants starting out with a degree ( level 8 ) earn an average of 75K monthly.

And it takes as much as 15-20 years before they can earn close to 200K monthly.

With the current high cost of living (particularly food, transportation and housing), it seems the government doesn't expect civil servants to be able to support their families on their salaries.

This begs the question: does the Nigerian government pay enough for civil servants to get married?

And also, if you're a married civil servant earning less than 100K, how on earth are you able to meet your obligations today?

How?

the video referenced in the previous post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50

I seriously doubt you stay or reside in Nigeria. If you do then you've been cut off from reality for one reason or the other.

The civil servants you're worried about are actually the middle class in the society in case you've forgotten. If you're bothered about the middle class then what do you have to say about the low class. The poor. I guess we will leave that for another day.

In case you've forgotten, there are graduates who are security men as we speak, some are private school teachers, some are running after moving vehicles just to make daily sales. I'm talking about degree holders. Some even have masters. Let's just leave these matters for another day

4 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by atheistandproud(m): 5:51pm On Jul 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

Noooo....you gat it all wrong, you are mixing up things

The main reason is that The purchasing power of these salaries are been eroded at a very rapid rate

Nah...

There's always been inflation. I grew up to use 50kobo coins bro. I was given 50kobo and 1 Naira coins to primary school. I watched as they disappeared and inflation took us up to N5 and N10 notes. All of this happened before 2003 and there was a lot of complaining but people still happily got married.

Right now, N50 is almost worthless. It cannot even buy common pencil again. Na only purewater and that's because it's at N30.

I see no reason why a man who earns N100k regularly cannot get married and live in a simple room and parlour self contain if he sets aside 10 to 15k monthly for rent (depending on the area). Buys foodstuffs in bulk and cuts down on unnecessary expenses.

But to many women this kind of lifestyle is beneath them.

12 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Nazira: Missing Child Found In Osogbo (Photo) / My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues / Three-year-old Falls Into Well While Playing With Friends (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.