Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,096 members, 7,828,831 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? (25650 Views)

Counter-Thread: Married Women With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? / How Are You Coping With The Current Economic Situation? / Married Men With No/ Low Source Of Income, How Are You Coping? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by oluseyiforjesus(m): 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
Ok
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
I earn 35k working as a security man with 5 kids

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by atheistandproud(m): 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
Lol

The problem is hoeflation.

A phenomenon where every woman wants to live the baby girl life that they see on TV or social media without realizing that it's unrealistic. It's all fake.

Earning honestly is frowned upon, doing all sorts of sharp practices is tacitly encouraged.

9 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Akwamkpuruamu: 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
The worst time to be a godly civil servant is now

3 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Emma09(m): 4:54pm On Jul 10, 2023
Well, I dey cope sha. Thank God for his mercies of the years and my Korope as side hustle.

4 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by nautybride: 4:56pm On Jul 10, 2023
kingamaa:
We are not coping, nothing to cope with

Breathing sef is difficult

We are just living from hand to mouth. Period.
Exactly
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by FreeStuffsNG: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
This is a season why it is good to have savings
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Emmanuel30a: 4:57pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dimaya:
I am writing this post in response to my initial post that made front page yesterday in which a lady said she won't get pregnant until her husband starts earning over 200K

See here:
https://www.nairaland.com/7729988/girl-wont-get-pregnant-husband/

People's reactions got me thinking heavily because nobody addressed the obvious elephant in the room:

unreasonable civil service salaries

In the original post's video, it was established that Nigerian civil servants starting out with a degree ( level 8 ) earn an average of 75K monthly.

And it takes as much as 15-20 years before they can earn close to 200K monthly.

With the current high cost of living (particularly food, transportation and housing), it seems the government doesn't expect civil servants to be able to support their families on their salaries.

This begs the question: does the Nigerian government pay enough for civil servants to get married?

And also, if you're a married civil servant earning less than 100K, how on earth are you able to meet your obligations today?

How?

the video referenced in the previous post:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t66DkQl0j50
Bull shit... Idiot... Bull shit idiot and idiotic bigots...
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by bjdon: 5:01pm On Jul 10, 2023
Until Nigerians change their mindset, they will continue to suffer sadly.

How can any educated person really expect to have a life in Nigeria on fixed salary, when inflation is so rampant? How can you survive? Unless you are earning mega wages, with above inflation pay rise part of your contract, then it's a waste of time doing any kind of salary job. You are better off being self employed. If it's only 10 hectares you farm each year, with a good mix of crops, you'll do much better than 75K a month. The problem is everybody wants to be in the office. Continue, the poverty coming for many of you under Tinubu no get definition for dictionary.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:02pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
AAAAHHHHHHHH...... shocked shocked😮😨😰 Jesus wept.

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Chicastle: 5:03pm On Jul 10, 2023
Some people get relative yankee wey Dey assist them. You think all depends on salary Dey play

3 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Emmanuel30a: 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Damnit... Damn nigga...nigga raw...music/musician...

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:05pm On Jul 10, 2023
atheistandproud:
Lol

The problem is hoeflation.

A phenomenon where every woman wants to live the baby girl life that they see on TV or social media without realizing that it's unrealistic. It's all fake.

Earning honestly is frowned upon, doing all sorts of sharp practices is tacitly encouraged.
Noooo....you gat it all wrong, you are mixing up things

The main reason is that The purchasing power of these salaries are been eroded at a very rapid rate

5 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nobody: 5:07pm On Jul 10, 2023
We are all Coping absolutely fine.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by boldx(m): 5:10pm On Jul 10, 2023
theophorus:
If Govt. Staff no fit marry na those people wen dey Private schools go come marry?

Abeg, make everybody cut their clothes according to their cloth. No be by Force to live for 2bedroom flat. Na human being dey live for face me face you and no be by force to chop with meat and fish, remove one and manage till salary reach 200k.
Hope you know some private school teachers earn much more than (by far) govt workers and live comfortably.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Jul 10, 2023
bjdon:
Until Nigerians change their mindset, they will continue to suffer sadly.

How can any educated person really expect to have a life in Nigeria on fixed salary, when inflation is so rampant? How can you survive? Unless you are earning mega wages, with above inflation pay rise part of your contract, then it's a waste of time doing any kind of salary job. You are better off being self employed. If it's only 10 hectares you farm each year, with a good mix of crops, You'll do much better than 75K a month. The problem is everybody wants to be in the office. Continue, the poverty coming for many of you under Tinubu no get definition for dictionary.

That 75k should be a weekly finance tight budget of poor people in this kind of useless economy.

But unfortunately, many people are receiving such stipend as salary for a whole 30 days.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by JooEeL(m): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
LET THE ONE-ZOOGERIANS BREATHE wink
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Estichuxs(f): 5:15pm On Jul 10, 2023
In this harsh economy. Men are trying abeg

1 Like

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Emmanuel30a:
Damnit... Damn nigga...nigga raw...music/musician...
Stop this.
If you want to help.
Help
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Padipadi(m): 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
Coping well
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 5:16pm On Jul 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

AAAAHHHHHHHH...... shocked shocked😮😨😰 Jesus wept.

Stop this.
If you want to help.
Help
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:19pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Stop this.
If you want to help.
Help
I was only sympathizing with you bro...

The thought of this can land someone into a state of depression.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Nobody: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
theophorus:
If Govt. Staff no fit marry na those people wen dey Private schools go come marry?

Abeg, make everybody cut their clothes according to their cloth. No be by Force to live for 2bedroom flat. Na human being dey live for face me face you and no be by force to chop with meat and fish, remove one and manage till salary reach 200k.

The Minister For Poverty Elevation has spokengrin
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by Sirchiboy: 5:20pm On Jul 10, 2023
VeeVeeMyLuv:

I was only sympathizing with you bro...

The thought of this can land someone into a state of depression.
Are you married
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 5:22pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Are you married

How do u feed Ur family?

2 Likes

Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:
Are you married
I am not

Baba We need to come to you for highly paid tutorials to learn how u do it.

God is great.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by OgbeniOja1: 5:23pm On Jul 10, 2023
Tinubu just dey knack us up and down. But God dey
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by TOPCRUISE(m): 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
N35,000 minimum wage= A bag of Rice.
Voting to be paid a bag of rice per month though is nonsense. It is still renewed hope on your Pension. embarassed

Those who are supporting Tinubu will never comment on this thread. But when they hear Tinubu get title or Tinubu did this and that or any Tinubu news they will be there and pouring accolades on him.
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by PecE2Make: 5:24pm On Jul 10, 2023
Dey play
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by akpeyoyo1: 5:25pm On Jul 10, 2023
It is not an easy thing nowadays , just to bear anything to comes your way as far that you cannot change it
Re: Married Civil Servants In Today's Economy, How are you coping? by bitbillionaire: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2023
Sirchiboy:

Hmmmm!!! My condolence to the poor kids!

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Husband Seeks Dissolution Of 10 Years Marriage Over Alleged DNA Result / My Wife Always Threatens To Leave Our Marriage Anytime We Have Issues / Nazira: Missing Child Found In Osogbo (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.