Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,017 members, 7,828,582 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:39 AM

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? - Family (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? (42767 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 10:48pm On Jul 15, 2023
Purelive:
Nobody tells you that the attraction will one day fade

E go get to some point where you will be staring at one another from opposite sides of the sofa and thinking inwardly that :- se na like this I go dey go. Is this all life has in stock for me going forward Na like this I go take live the rest of my life

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 10:49pm On Jul 15, 2023
b3llo:
Se.x will become a duty instead of the fun you enjoy as single.

After 2 kids, your wife will start using S.ex as a weapon against you.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Banbanna(m): 10:50pm On Jul 15, 2023
Amalekki:

School runs at 52 may actually be fun and make you feel young instead of feeling like old man grandpa. There are two sides to every coin.
I really like this your response to that thoughtless comment of that guy.

What if the person married early in his 20s or 30s, and he couldn't have a child for 20 or 30 years due to infertility problems with himself or wife? There's been true life stories like that and will continue to be.

And what if the man is a serial child bearer with so many wives and kids, and who chooses to keep bringing children into the world even well into old age? There are still men like that, whose older children's kids are older than some of their own young kids.

Things dey happen. Life never tells us the whens and whys, according to late Whitney Houston.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 10:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
Celepope:
That women are very selfish and self centered. Always looking out for themselves and their family.

You have no more secrets as your wife will from day one be gossiping about you with her parents behind your back (even if they live in another continent) and if she has selfish or immature parents that can not call her to order that marriage WILL not last.

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:
Marriage is the most critically crafted institution that is designed to control the behaviour of humans and ensure the controlled existence of mankind.

Please note that I used the word "control" in order to truly explain the nature of marriage. This is because, there is nothing you can achieve within Marriage that cannot be achieved outside of marriage for men.
Just name one thing you can achieve within the confines of marriage that you cannot achieve outside marriage.

Animals don't get married but yet they sustain the existence of their species.

Every factor that made you as a man go into marriage will become irrelevant after one year of marriage.

Now if you are saddled with this fact as a man, why don't you make marriage transactional just as women do?.

Don't settle for less. You're a MAN for goodness sake. Don't date or marry any girl who is poor or from a poor background. Any day the marriage stops serving your purpose please LEAVE because your wife will leave you any day you stop serving her purpose. Your children no matter their age will understand once they get older.

This is why women love marriage.
1) If she gets married at 25 years of age, she is sure that all things being equal, you as a man will provide for her until she gets to 55years of age. By that time, she must have had an adult who will continue where you stop.

2) By 55years of age, your children will begin to think that their mother was the ONLY parent that suffered to raise them. They forget all the hardwork, insults and humiliation you had to endure to provide.

3) She secures a guardian, protector, companion, sexual exclusivity etc all to your own detriment.

Finally, don't be decieved about marriage as a man. It is a money-milking institution designed to ensure women survive this harsh world. DONT LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SURVIVAL OF WOMEN, LIVE FREE AND LIVE WELL.

Shalom

This is deep.

Women will use your youthful energy and wealth to train themselves and your their kids and once you have set them up financially, they no longer need you and you become an irritant to them and they will also turn your children against you with gossip and slander behind your back as if they and your children are cultists bent of destroying you a rival cultist metaphorically speaking. This is very common abroad where the man eventually will not be told before he packs out of the family home and go find peace and solitude elsewhere even if it is to rent a single room in a house of multiple occupation.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by robosky02(m): 11:00pm On Jul 15, 2023
Interesting
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 11:03pm On Jul 15, 2023
abobote:
You will never know the true colour of a woman while dating.

The period my wife refused to serve me food for one good week, even when I'm the only one providing for the family financial. That's when I knew that some women we call wives are mean

Imagine if you lost your job / income and she was footing the bills You for see unadulterated shege for her hand.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 11:17pm On Jul 15, 2023
Manson1:
4) Your in-laws are not your friends. Relate with them with caution.

My Ex Father in law was my sworn enemy because I did not let him interfere in my marriage or push me around.

Now if I ever want to get married, it is preferably to an orphan with no parents to stress me or meddle in my private affairs.

You either follow my rules about keeping inlaws and outlaws out of my private affairs or you remain a spinster. The choice is yours.

Imagine a guy complaining on Nairaland a few months ago that his father in law summoned him and started querying him about why he wants to corrupt his daughter by asking her to give him mouth action ?

I would have told such a father in law to go fuc.k himself.

https://www.nairaland.com/7683524/wife-told-father-asked-suck

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ilekokonit: 11:35pm On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:
A man can get married to a woman and for 40years of marriage she was a full time house wife. A woman cannot feed you for a month without grumbling.

Word on marble.

I would rather die than allow a woman to feed me for 1 day.

If you sleep for your wife house, you are sleeping in a junk yard and if you use your wife cloth cover body for night, you are covering your body with rags.

I wish I was stingy and mean to my Ex wife. I for dey very rich now.

If I had a crystal ball, I would have abandoned her with her belle for Naija instead of making the MISTAKE of taking her to the UK.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by jaafree: 6:05am On Jul 16, 2023
No one tell me that one day a woman will keep passing around me naked and I won't even have an erection cheesy

6 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Basiljoe: 7:14am On Jul 16, 2023
Mountbatten:

Well lil' bro, be prepared for premium shege if you think oynibo is any different.

PS: You will become a second class citizen in the eye of the law.
Nawa o.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Basiljoe: 7:15am On Jul 16, 2023
Ilekokonit:

My Ex Father in law was my sworn enemy because I did not let him interfere in my marriage or push me around.

Now if I ever want to get married, it is preferably to an orphan with no parents to stress me or meddle in my private affairs.

You either follow my rules about keeping inlaws and outlaws out of my private affairs or you remain a spinster. The choice is yours.

Imagine a guy complaining on Nairaland a few months ago that his father in law summoned him and started querying him about why he wants to corrupt his daughter by asking her to give him mouth action ?

I would have told such a father in law to go fuc.k himself.

https://www.nairaland.com/7683524/wife-told-father-asked-suck
grin grin grin
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Druss(m): 9:37am On Jul 16, 2023
If you are about to get married, read populist advice like this carefully. Some are good, some are not e.g., your in-laws are definitely not your enemies.

If you are looking to be in control, do not marry. You must not be perfect before you marry. Agree on how you handle your finances. You must have a talk on financial matters.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by binswoli: 10:08am On Jul 16, 2023
Married is the most complicated thing a person will ever do, buh with the right partner, it's going to be the best thing that has ever happened to you. Choose you partner wisely, don't choose because of beauty, one day the beauty will fade away, don't choose because he/she is rich, a day might come when he/she will face financial breakdown, don't choose of the color of skin, hair, body shape or others, all these has their own opposite side, they will surely comes when it's time.
Married might be your prison for the rest of your life or it might be your paradise depending how you choose.
Choose because you need a best friend who will stand with you for the rest of your life.
Manson1:
Things nobody may tell you about marriage:

1) At some point in marriage, love may fade, you will only need commitment to survive. Especially when your partner changes from the person you knew initially.

2) As a woman, enjoy your single life now because when you marry, you will let go of certain lifestyle and enjoyment because of kids and family responsibilities.

3) As a man, when you marry , you must let go of certain life for your family reputation and integrity.

4) Attraction Wanes. This is one of the things nobody tells you about marriage. Even if you marry the most beautiful woman or a handsome man, one fine day, the attraction is sure to wane.You may feel that your partner is no longer attractive or your partner may feel the same about you. But still, the marriage can survive when you fall inlove with your partner's soul, not just the body.

4) Your in-laws are not your friends. Relate with them with caution.

5) You can stay many months without séx because of responsibilities.

6) Marriage is work, you work to make it work.

7) You need to forgive because you will always be offended.

8.) Childbirth can change your physical look or cause damage to your body. A successful child delivery is a miracle

9) If you marry someone who feels he or she is too good for you, you will suffer. The person will always make you feel less, like you're privileged to marry him/her

10) If you're a career driven person, marry a supportive partner, Marry someone who is eager to aspire. If you marry unsupportive partner or someone who settles for status quo, you will suffer alot

Cc; Walshak Kos

Let's hear from the married folks cool
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Pacesetter123(m): 11:15am On Jul 16, 2023
Cholls:
My brother sex is not easy to get
In marriage?
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Pacesetter123(m): 11:18am On Jul 16, 2023
Bolaji26:
You sure i go get married with all this things I read here shocked

shocked
My brother de thing don weak me already.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Pacesetter123(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2023
abobote:
You will never know the true colour of a woman while dating.

The period my wife refused to serve me food for one good week, even when I'm the only one providing for the family financial. That's when I knew that some women we call wives are mean
Tell me something!!! shocked
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Pacesetter123(m): 11:25am On Jul 16, 2023
Olaolex:
Do people now marry partially?
grin grin grin grin grin cheesy

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Pacesetter123(m): 11:32am On Jul 16, 2023
Desusi:
I wasn't told that the moment l married, another person wahala becomes my own.In other words, my wife's trouble in relationship to her family becomes my own,not only this everything l have become everybody things, my wife, myself and children. Keeping secret from my wife make me becomes unfaithful to my vow,similarly, relating with opposite sex other than my wife becomes unpardonable offence.
No be chides!
God help me..ooo am scared already.
But God dey sharr.
I must enter de institution one day, nothing I fit do about am.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 12:43pm On Jul 16, 2023
franchasofficia:
All you said are assumptions bro.

A friend of mine will be getting married to a 35yrs old chick by December and guess what? The babe is a confirmed virgin. My friend is so sexually experienced and have lived wild life haven lived abroad for over a decade that a lady cant deceive him with virginity, so he even warned the girl that he would take her to a hospital for virginity test, the babe laughed. But later my guy confirmed himself that she is truly a V.

My point is, not all ladies above 27yrs are sexually exhausted like u said, yes many are and mostly not by their making but in the name of dating unstable Naija guys who promises ladies heaven and earth but with hidden intention to only hit and run. Ordinarily, most Nigerian ladies wished to marry their first love, but unfortunately due to dead Nigerian economy, their first love rarely succeed financially on time which usually make them not to end up marrying their first love.

A financially broke or struggling man should set his priorities right, his topmost priority should be how to overcome financial lack and poverty, and not how to marry a virgin that will be lost one day and that's the end.

So a financially struggling single man should first focus on marrying a lady that is not a financial baggage, a lady that would help him overcome financial challenges of life not focusing on marrying virgin or sexually pure woman.

Moon Light Talesgrin

Mr SIMPson of the universe.

I know you very wellgrin
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ilekokonit:

Word on marble.

I would rather die than allow a woman to feed me for 1 day.

If you sleep for your wife house, you are sleeping in a junk yard and if you use your wife cloth cover body for night, you are covering your body with rags.

I wish I was stingy and mean to my Ex wife. I for dey very rich now.

If I had a crystal ball, I would have abandoned her with her belle for Naija instead of making the MISTAKE of taking her to the UK.

Your eyes don see SHEGE PRO MAXgrin

So na Wetin con drive you go The RedPiLL Thread which I am among the Pioneers. Well RedPiLL is now obsolete. I have advanced to BlackPiLL. You might want to learn more thoughgrin

To cap it, You con use am do your Signature. Nice one thoughgrin

I'm Glad some of you are learning the Hard Way and I'm still anticipating to see more of you learn the Hard Waygrin

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by tafat: 1:03pm On Jul 16, 2023
Make I join this thread so I go learn 1 or 2 things wink
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Jul 16, 2023
Ilekokonit:

E go get to some point where you will be staring at one another from opposite sides of the sofa and thinking inwardly that :- se na like this I go dey go. Is this all life has in stock for me going forward Na like this I go take live the rest of my life

One of the Best Decision A Well Informed Man can make in life is👇

"To Decide Not To Live With A Woman Under The Same Roof"

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
AlphaHakimi:

No one is against the institution of marriage. I'm just enlightening men about the nature of women.
What I'm against is th dysfunctional narrative that polygamy is bad. This narrative is what women want us to believe.

There are 4 major forms of marriage.
-Monogamy
-Polygamy
-Polyandry
-Polygamy.

Of all these forms of marriage, women only wish to practice monogamy because it guarantees their survival whereas men would opt for Polygamy because that's where they may find solace in this concept of marriage.

Ishilove, you are not my target audience. Just read and swipe.
This is the MALE AWAKENING.
SHALOM

You get time dey Reply that MuMu.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:22pm On Jul 16, 2023
Microwhy:

Religiously, your post no tally but interms of nature and humanity, this is 100% correct.
Women are selfish and greedy. They will make use of you for their own survival and their siblings survival including their parents.

Men need to wake-up and never settle for less.

A lot of sex starved Nigerian men like franshofficial abi what's his name left the group chat after seeing the bolded.

Nigeria men that can SIMP for a Hole in the groundgrin

2 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:30pm On Jul 16, 2023
dikings:
After reading all the coments, arguments, advice and experiences shared here, i have decided to withdraw my down bride price payment... to my in-laws to be in IMO State lipsrsealed
Pls who is accompanying me for the retrieval? grin

We use the gods to accompany you😂
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:33pm On Jul 16, 2023
The Truth is if Most Nigerian Married men Of All Class were to be given a secret channel, I mean anonymously to Voice out their minds.

90% of them are/were NAIVE and not happy in their marriages. Most of them are just playing to Societal Rules.

Fvcking Motherfvcking Weaklingsgrin

2 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
femmoy:

same thing im currently facing bro.
how can one survive this?

Here is one.

I have seen at least Ten series of this Version on this Threadgrin

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
Mountbatten:

You sabi how e dey go.

A boy truly becomes a man the moment he's able to understand the "sacrifices" his father made for the family.

That's a father who forsee his children affairs until they are grown into adults and most importantly becomes successful in life.

Only fathers/parents in this Category have my Biggest Kudos. That's true Sacrifice.

Except the father is either dead/incapacitated/unforseen and extreme circumstances which is very obvious to the Society then i can give such men soft landing.

Anything short of the above are Useless fathers/parents.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by franchasofficia: 1:56pm On Jul 16, 2023
Evolutionlove:

Moon Light Talesgrin

Mr SIMPson of the universe.

I know you very wellgrin
cheesy cheesy grin
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 2:06pm On Jul 16, 2023
XYZo:

I don't know why people just compare their lives with everyone . Sme will be grandpa at 52 , some wilbe husbands at 52, some will get married at 52 . All these unhealthy competitions is what makes people feel societal pressure and unhappiness .

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Nobody: 2:07pm On Jul 16, 2023
Zyxsc:

You can have your babies outside the confines of marriage, my brother. Just be present in their lives as they grow up and choose a morally upright baby mama.

The Best Advice Below

Save Up & Tow The Path Of SURROGACY.

Stay Responsible and have time for your Offsprings.

Babymama is another avenue of unending problems and baggage.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

I Want To Get Married But My Family Is Insisting I Must Settle Everybody First / Bird Escorts Bereaved Man Directly To His Mum's Grave At A Cemetery (video) / My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.