Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,021 members, 7,828,590 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:47 AM

For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? - Family (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? (42768 Views)

What’s The Hardest Part About Marriage That No One Ever Talks About? / Things I Saw In A Coded Bar/motel, Bothering Me About Marriage! / What's Your Biggest Fear About Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Jelique: 10:57am On Jul 15, 2023
OloYeOfEgbE:
Hmmm....

If you ain't ready for the downs and if you tend to forget its about the kids,biko remain single,enjoy your life and date as many people as you want during Ups till ya die. God no go vex.

Choice
so make we dey open with our teeth,abi u dey craise ni?

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by femmoy(m): 11:00am On Jul 15, 2023
gassbee:
Your sex life would be reduced drastically because you would be denied sex on some flimsy excuses

same thing im currently facing bro.
how can one survive this?

3 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Mountbatten: 11:14am On Jul 15, 2023
fortunechy:
No 5 is so wrong. Responsibilit(ies) won't make u not to have sex for months until u can't perform... If responsibility or responsibilities will make u not to have sex then the poor and the less privileged won't give birth at all..

Remind me of the responsibilities the poor have…

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Mountbatten: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:

I am speaking to you as an individual. If your dad was/is a good man, you will still love him whether he is married to your mum or not.

Every woman's gift is conditional and sentimental. Here is an analogy of a sentimental gift from women(Your mum)

" You return home from school and ask your father for 10,000 to buy a text book at school. He will ask you what textbook you want to buy and you may have probably inflated the amount for the textbook. At night, your father stays awake thinking of how he will give you his last 10k for school. Tomorrow morning he calls you and gives you 7k. He give 2k to your mum for food before going to work and he is left with Just 1k. Now he has to pay transport or fuel his car, he has to also buy something to eat from that same 1k.
Now you go back to your room feeling sad that your dad did not give you the complete money. While you are grumbling, your mum squeezes 3k into your hand and tells you 'don't mind your father, he is a stingy man' and immediately you collect the money from her, you feel better and begin to smile and your emotions surpasses your reasoning. You are angry at someone (your dad) who gave you 7k but you are happy with someone who gave you 3k". WOMEN ATTACH SENTIMENTS TO THEIR GIFTS.

Do not misinterpret my message for being misogynistic. I'm just trying to open your mind to properly understand the world and how women think.

Shalom

You sabi how e dey go.

A boy truly becomes a man the moment he's able to understand the sacrifices his father made for the family.

5 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by chatinent: 11:23am On Jul 15, 2023
Just hustle o.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by REALretep(m): 11:23am On Jul 15, 2023
EriMma1:
Marriage na cage from the way I see married women. Whenever we go out with them and try to chill, you'll see them hurrying back home to meet up with school runs and chores. Haba! Me I'll just be laughing and enjoying myself till 8-9pmish before going home.

Sometimes marriage scares me.
Everybody shaa mustn't get married.
Some people are actually not wired for marriage most commonly as a result of their life experiences and perception of marriage.

The irony of marriage, especially for folks truly wired for marriage, is that the same things they may complain to you about in their marriage is still the same thing they share as memorable experiences to other people.
For instance, someone may always complain to you that the husband and children wahala are too much, but this same person will be gisting and happily exchanging same stories of her husband and children wahala with another person.
That is life for you. It can be bittersweet grin

2 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Chatham1: 11:24am On Jul 15, 2023
Marriage nah scam

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Mountbatten: 11:31am On Jul 15, 2023
Basiljoe:
I will rather commit suicide than marry a Nigerian woman.

Well lil' bro, be prepared for premium shege if you think oynibo is any different.

PS: You will become a second class citizen in the eye of the law.

2 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 11:36am On Jul 15, 2023
Zyxsc:

You can have your babies outside the confines of marriage, my brother. Just be present in their lives as they grow up and choose a morally upright baby mama.
We don't do baby mamas. Baby mamas are for the immatured minds. Marriage is sacred and scriptural and meant for those who respect the institution. To some marriage is sweet, to others,its unfortunate. Some hate the word marriage because it didn't favour thier parents or siblings, while some would have love to get married but later hated the concept because they lack money, and age is telling on them. I believe u belong to one of these categories. Pls don't be pained bro.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Zyxsc: 11:36am On Jul 15, 2023
Kingstanding:
. Are you married? You're a genius.

My brother, experience is a ruthless teacher

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by bayelsaowei(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2023
easzypeaszy:
Dat married women love seex more dan married men.
Althoght the man has tendency to do it outside but fr house if u wan nack ur wife 10X she go dey spread leg like bread n butter
grin...chaii...
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by bayelsaowei(m): 11:42am On Jul 15, 2023
god2good:
Beauty is useless compare to character/ mindset/believe/behavior
youre correct.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Zyxsc: 11:44am On Jul 15, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
We don't do baby mamas. Baby mamas are for the immatured minds. Marriage is sacred and scriptural and meant for those who respect the institution. To some marriage is sweet, to others,its unfortunate. Some hate the word marriage because it didn't favour thier parents or siblings, while some would have love to get married but later hated the concept because they lack money, and age is telling on them. I believe u belong to one of these categories. Pls don't be pained bro.

Broh, none of these things apply to me. I'm married. I'm financially stable. I didn't come from a broken home.

Baby mamas are for the immature minds? grin No worry. Experience has a reputation for being a ruthless teacher

4 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Iyajelili(f): 11:47am On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:

This is because men don't complain. Women are always the once complaining and taking sides.

If my messages are not sweet to you, that's because I'm telling you the truth. The truth is always bitter.

PLEASE NOTE THAT MY MESSAGES ARE NOT MISOGYNISTIC. BUT IF YOU TAKE IT THAT WAY, THEN ITS FINE.
WHATEVER MAKES YOU SLEEP WELL AT NIGHT.
Continue telling that to yourself to make you important.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by bayelsaowei(m): 11:51am On Jul 15, 2023
Viking07:
Number 5 is the shocking part. Most people don’t know this. When you get married, you’d realize sex is overrated. 😁
very correct. This I have confirmed.. grin

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by kayperry: 11:54am On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:
Marriage is the most critically crafted institution that is designed to control the behaviour of humans and ensure the controlled existence of mankind.

Please note that I used the word "control" in order to truly explain the nature of marriage. This is because, there is nothing you can achieve within Marriage that cannot be achieved outside of marriage for men.
Just name one thing you can achieve within the confines of marriage that you cannot achieve outside marriage.

Animals don't get married but yet they sustain the existence of their species.

Every factor that made you as a man go into marriage will become irrelevant after one year of marriage.

Now if you are saddled with this fact as a man, why don't you make marriage transactional just as women do?.

Don't settle for less. You're a MAN for goodness sake. Don't date or marry any girl who is poor or from a poor background. Any day the marriage stops serving your purpose please LEAVE because your wife will leave you any day you stop serving her purpose. Your children no matter their age will understand once they get older.

This is why women love marriage.
1) If she gets married at 25 years of age, she is sure that all things being equal, you as a man will provide for her until she gets to 55years of age. By that time, she must have had an adult who will continue where you stop.

2) By 55years of age, your children will begin to think that their mother was the ONLY parent that suffered to raise them. They forget all the hardwork, insults and humiliation you had to endure to provide.

3) She secures a guardian, protector, companion, sexual exclusivity etc all to your own detriment.

Finally, don't be decieved about marriage as a man. It is a money-milking institution designed to ensure women survive this harsh world. DONT LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SURVIVAL OF WOMEN, LIVE FREE AND LIVE WELL.

Shalom

You forgot to tag ishilove, cococandy, pocohantas

no peace for the wicked not even in shiloh

2 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Porksupplyib: 11:56am On Jul 15, 2023
Bolaji26:
You sure i go get married with all this things I read here shocked

shocked
gringrin grin
The choice is yours.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by TemmyT002(m): 11:56am On Jul 15, 2023
STEWpid:
Chai..

Nobody should tell you anything about marriage because majority of those who gives better marriage advice do not even have a better home themselves.

Be prepared, be determined to have a better marriage life, caution yourself when it's required, know your partner before marriage and be sure you can cope well with it, and take it as simple as ABC.

L'oba kuku tan!

The message is more important than the messenger.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by AlphaHakimi: 12:04pm On Jul 15, 2023
kayperry:

You forgot to tag ishilove, cococandy, pocohantas

no peace for the wicked not even in shiloh

Pocahontas seems genuinely nice. That does not mean that she will/cannot manipulate anyone in her life.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ishilove: 12:20pm On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:
Marriage is the most critically crafted institution that is designed to control the behaviour of humans and ensure the controlled existence of mankind.

Please note that I used the word "control" in order to truly explain the nature of marriage. This is because, there is nothing you can achieve within Marriage that cannot be achieved outside of marriage for men.
Just name one thing you can achieve within the confines of marriage that you cannot achieve outside marriage.

Every factor that made you as a man go into marriage will become irrelevant after one year of marriage.

Now if you are saddled with this fact as a man, why don't you make marriage transactional just as women do?.

Don't settle for less. You're a MAN for goodness sake. Don't date or marry any girl who is poor or from a poor background. Any day the marriage stops serving your purpose please LEAVE because your wife will leave you any day you stop serving her purpose. Your children no matter their age will understand once they get older.

1) If she gets married at 25 years of age, she is sure that all things being equal, you as a man will provide for her until she gets to 55years of age. By that time, she must have had an adult who will continue where you stop.

2) By 55years of age, your children will begin to think that their mother was the ONLY parent that suffered to raise them. They forget all the hardwork, insults and humiliation you had to endure to provide.

3) She secures a guardian, protector, companion, sexual exclusivity etc all to your own detriment.

Finally, don't be decieved about marriage as a man. It is a money-milking institution designed to ensure women survive this harsh world. DONT LIVE YOUR LIFE FOR THE SURVIVAL OF WOMEN, LIVE FREE AND LIVE WELL.

Shalom
Dey play. Yet every Saturday our roads are blocked because of wedding receptions. It is only on social media that marriages are going out of fashion.

Some of you come from very dysfunctional homes and have developed a very skewed perception about the divine institution of marriage. Wouldn't blame ya because we are usually the product of our upbringing.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by myami: 12:25pm On Jul 15, 2023
Emma1Oj:
No body said their will be total see finish after seeing each other unclothedness and when the woman becomes the bread winner for the family.
can you eat your wife pussy? I want to
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Ajehkpako4naija(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
Zyxsc:

Broh, none of these things apply to me. I'm married. I'm financially stable. I didn't come from a broken home.

Baby mamas are for the immature minds? grin No worry. Experience has a reputation for being a ruthless teacher
If u are married, then why advocating for baby mamas. Is like your brain needs a total overhaul. Freakk

5 Likes

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by komzy589(m): 12:34pm On Jul 15, 2023
AlphaHakimi:

Shalom
Wow!!
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by franchasofficia: 12:39pm On Jul 15, 2023
Tonnyray:
Truer words have not been spoken. I'm exactly 2 months a married man and babygirl wan kee me. It's a real case of unleashing the sexual demon. It's almost like all the dishes she makes she collects in the other room. It's bliss so far. Glory to GOD.
cheesy grin
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Zyxsc: 12:43pm On Jul 15, 2023
Ajehkpako4naija:
If u are married, then why advocating for baby mamas. Is like your brain needs a total overhaul. Freakk

Rest

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by qtx(m): 12:52pm On Jul 15, 2023
Zyxsc:
1. For a man, it's just a bills-paying institution. You go pay bills sotey you go forget wetin carry you enter the marriage in the first place

2. Enjoy your bachelorhood Wella before going into it. 40 is not too late for a man to get married.

3. You can't prove you're mentally strong until you're married because na then you go know what it takes to retrain an adult child like your wife. She go do some kain things wey be say, e fit make you go crazy.

4. If you can avoid it, please do. It's not worth it. Once you're married, you'll loose a part of your freedom. You can only regain it at the detriment of your home.

5. Don't go into marriage because of children. They may grow up and not make you happy by going against your wish (of course, they have their own lives to live. You've lived yours). Don't go into marriage because you love your girlfriend. Na this one go clear your eyes pass. Go into marriage because you want a life-long friend. Even at that, it's still a gamble. E fit shock you 10 years down the line.

All sound good except number 4. My dear now that you are still young you may think you wont mind, but as age starts setting in, you will regret big time for not marrying at all. Loneliness and depression wii kii u.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Kaido: 12:53pm On Jul 15, 2023
Learning
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by EriMma1: 12:56pm On Jul 15, 2023
REALretep:
Everybody shaa mustn't get married.
Some people are actually not wired for marriage most commonly as a result of their life experiences and perception of marriage.

The irony of marriage, especially for folks truly wired for marriage, is that the same things they may complain to you about in their marriage is still the same thing they share as memorable experiences to other people.
For instance, someone may always complain to you that the husband and children wahala are too much, but this same person will be gisting and happily exchanging same stories of her husband and children wahala with another person.
That is life for you. It can be bittersweet grin

You're 100% right.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Zyxsc: 1:06pm On Jul 15, 2023
qtx:

All sound good except number 4. My dear now that you are still young you may think you wont mind, but as age starts setting in, you will regret big time for not marrying at all. Loneliness and depression wii kii u.

Money is a big factor in all of these.
Depression will only set in if one didn't attain financial stability or didn't have any children or didn't form a healthy bond with his children throughout those years of being unmarried.
To avoid the loneliness part, a 50-year old man can still wife a 32-35 year old single and matured lady.

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Cassandraloius: 1:09pm On Jul 15, 2023
And most people are happy getting married grin

1 Like

Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Kaido: 1:12pm On Jul 15, 2023
cl0r0x:
Before marriage, you never know that

Your method of chewing is wrong

You close the fridge wrong

The way you move is wrong

You breath in a wrong way.

You only realize after getting married.
Not yet married but most of these are valid stuffs that I observe.
Re: For The Married Peeps What Are The Things Nobody Told You About Marriage? by Kaido: 1:16pm On Jul 15, 2023
Suspect33:
I'd rather the marriage breaks down.. tufia
We men are social animals with big pride & ego.

To live successfully with a woman, you should learn how to lose wars on purpose for peace to reign.

And you should also know how to put fear in her & terrorize her(act like a mad man break bottles, & glass cups) for peace to reign& respect to be intact.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

My Husband No Dey Knack Me Well- Cheating Wife's Confession To Her Pastor(Video) / Will You Let Someone Sleep With Your Spouse For N10m? - (See Responses) / Man Dumps Wife, Marries Policewoman Who Assisted Him In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.