Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,879 members, 7,810,350 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:32 AM

Does Age Matter In Relationships ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does Age Matter In Relationships ? (16887 Views)

52 Years Nia Long & 38 Year's Omarion Does Age Difference Matter In A Relation / Does Age Really Matter When It Comes To Marriage? / Does Age Really Matter For A Romantic Relationship? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by philo3(m): 8:17pm On Jul 16, 2023
Hey Good evening , please I need experienced and matured minded answers on this thread
I have a girl I love and if God willing marry her
She's humble, submissive , and posseses good qualities of a wife material.
I senior her with just months in age . same year of birth.
Can that marriage work out well because I have this ideology that the husband should senior his wife by some years at least 2years.

7 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by talented321: 8:23pm On Jul 16, 2023
Even if a woman senior me 1 to 5 years, if she has the qualities i found in a woman i will marry her, because what u want in her is respect and understanding and if u leave her for a more younger girls they might not get the qualities she possess.
I have once dated a woman who senior me with 4 years and i can tell u i enjoy my relationship with her, till date even though we later part ways, there is this understanding many of them get that this small average girls don't get, and i enjoy bleeping the ones more older than me like 5 to 10years differences, especially their moaning and seriousness..
my man the choice is urs. Goodluck

127 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Pussyassasin(m): 8:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
I don't see age as a barrier in any kind of relationship, what matters is the individuals level of maturity.

Most of my friends are older than me, when they find out my age they're like "Na lie!" grin. I grew up in an environment where everyone was way older than me, that should be a contributing factor.

So, if your girl is mature enough, go for it bro.

Age is only an indicator of experience, and should never be mistaken for maturity.

28 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by VinnyBaba: 8:36pm On Jul 16, 2023
OP, hope she is NOT fat? undecided

because if you Marry her, in 4-5years time, you will become Fatter and look like your Mother or Senior Sist. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜’

The only condition I can marry my Agemate is if she is Slim and keeps Fit like Genevieve Nnaj and Kate Henshaw.๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ™‚

45 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by philo3(m): 8:37pm On Jul 16, 2023
talented321:
Even if a woman senior me 1 to 5 years, if she has the qualities i found in a woman i will marry her, because what u want in her is respect and understanding and if u leave her for a more younger girls they might not get the qualities she possess.
I have once dated a woman who senior me with 4 years and i can tell u i enjoy my relationship with her till date even though we later part ways, there is this understanding many of them get that this small average girls don't get. So my man the choice is urs. Goodluck
Bless

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by philo3(m): 8:38pm On Jul 16, 2023
Pussyassasin:
I don't see age as a barrier in any kind of relationship, what matters is the individuals level of maturity.

Most of my friends are older than me, when they find out my age they're like "Na lie!" grin. I grew up in an environment where everyone was way older than me, that should be a contributing factor.

So, if your girl is mature enough, go for it bro.

Age is only an indicator of experience, and should never be mistaken for maturity.
Thanks

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by KingDash09(m): 8:39pm On Jul 16, 2023
Nah

Smallies Dey collect now oh
Come my area, smallies go give you run๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by VinnyBaba: 8:40pm On Jul 16, 2023
talented321:
I have once dated a woman who senior me with 4 years and i can tell u i enjoy my relationship with her till date even though we later part ways, there is this understanding many of them get that this small average girls don't get. So my man the choice is urs. Goodluck

When it comes to Woman, Age CANNOT be used to judge them.๐Ÿ˜

I have seen and dated 30,31 years old Ladies when no get Sense! ๐Ÿ˜’๐Ÿ˜•

51 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by talented321: 8:51pm On Jul 16, 2023
I didnot said all, though the ones i come across was good for me.
VinnyBaba:

When it comes to Woman, Age CANNOT be used to judge them.

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by internationalman(m): 9:25pm On Jul 16, 2023
It depends..

If you are both and grew up in this snapchat, instagram, facebook and tik tok generation, it might just not work out.

If you are both older and already had a lot of growing up before at least 2005 it might just be the best relationship you ever had..

It's just my opinion though, at the end of the day the decision is still yours as it is your life.

3 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Puss360(f): 7:44am On Jul 17, 2023
talented321:
๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ๐Ÿ™ˆ... I donno why I find this your post funny.... So u mean you can date a girl older than you?

1 Like

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Sonnobax15(m): 7:51am On Jul 17, 2023
lipsrsealed
Nigha,age doesn't really matter to me..But here we are already, I mean a society that criticize people for such things.....But is that the real problems rocking relationship and marriages nowadays? Ask yourself that simple question..

5 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by fyzaila: 12:17pm On Jul 17, 2023
Not a barrier, History has it that age is not a barrier in finding a good companion and soul mate. Make sure all the qualities you seek in a woman is ticked and you're good to go.

6 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Boogyman557: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2023

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Bubu4Sea: 2:32pm On Jul 17, 2023
philo3:
Hey Good evening , please I need experienced and matured minded answers on this thread
I have a girl I love and if God willing marry her
She's humble, submissive , and posseses good qualities of a wife material.
I senior her with just months in age . same year of birth.
Can that marriage work out well because I have this ideology that the husband should senior his wife by some years at least 2years.
Nah to the bolded.

If you can get on with her,dont waste time. smiley
Marry her

5 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by christejames(m): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
Maturity matters more cool

Thanks for coming!

5 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by ShenTeh(m): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
Yes. That's the short answer.

The long answer is that there is

30 years is one generational difference. You can't be on the same pedestal. Perspectives and colourations will differ. One party would definitely have to forgo a lot of their comfort for the relationship. The best people that see this problem clearly are those in it.

Ten years is one decade. I personally think everything should be within this bracket. If there's beyond 10 years between you two then you are most prolly be dealing with someone who is unaligned to your peers.

Caveat. This is my personal opinion and should not be treated as the declarations of a professional.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by LadyRosa2(f): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
angry

Yeah, if you're more inclined to physical attraction and keen with fertility .

No, if you're not and not keen to fertility, as it relates to age.

Like a smart guy up there pointed out, maturity is key.

If you marry an immature woman, you will ne overstretched.

If you marry and immature man as a woman, you will babysit till you die before your time.

Be wise!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by nkemoma(m): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
No.

Money does
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by anonymous1759(m): 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
It doesnโ€™t if the woman has inbuilt respect but if sheโ€™s pretending sheโ€™ll show you shege , you guys are age mates itโ€™s better you give her some distance age wise so whenever she starts ranting youโ€™ll remind her that if not for one thing sheโ€™s not your mate .
but the most important thing is to have money even if sheโ€™s 10 years older than you sheโ€™ll worship you women worship money because they all like baby girl treatment.

7 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by AntiChristian: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
I subscribe to marrying up to four ladies!

So age mattered in my first marriage!

I still think it will matter in my next!

But then it may not matter anymore!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 2:33pm On Jul 17, 2023
Don't u ever marry a woman that is older than uuu..

Or u r older than with 1 year...

She will look like Ur mother soon ..

If she is ibo ...Ur own don finish..

Esp if she comes from Anambra...

U go dey call her mummy angry

13 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by SHiNJA4RMDWEST: 2:37pm On Jul 17, 2023
AntiChristian:
I subscribe to marrying up to four ladies!

So age mattered in my first marriage!

I still think it will matter in my next!

But then it may not matter anymore!

Not every one is a sex maniac ...

All these Alfa and sex ehn

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by whippersnapper(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
A
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by anonymous1759(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
SHiNJA4RMDWEST:
Don't u ever marry a woman that is older than uuu..

Or u r older than with 1 year...

She will look like Ur mother soon ..

If she is ibo ...Ur own don finish..

Esp if she comes from Anambra...

U go dey call her mummy angry

IMO nkor?
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Dreadshy: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
I know someone that married a lady who is just months younger than him they are doing well. Another friend married a lady younger than him with 2 months they are also doing fine. It is about the people in the relationship that matter. If she will respect you and will hou love her when her face starts looking older? Those are the questions to ask after all some men marry people older than them dont they have a blessed marriage?

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by crossfm: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
Hehehe.

Your ideology is archaic, moribund and illogical.

People are even getting married to older women now. It's all about love and peace of mind. Don't let your thinking make you to lose a good woman.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by AZControversial(m): 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
smiley

Some relationships within this age brackets work just fine. Obviously, respect, a lot of respect, is at play.

So if you know and are sure she'll respect you, carry on.
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by AntiChristian: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2023
SHiNJA4RMDWEST:

Not every one is a sex maniac ...

All these Alfa and sex ehn

But you are born by a sex maniac too right?
Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Nobody: 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
Good to go! The qualities matter than the age. These qualities are hard to come bye these days. Don't run from an aged saint into the arms of a young devil.

4 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by Unperturbedpota: 2:40pm On Jul 17, 2023
@Seun

Pls start using catgpt to create content because hwta users are creating these days is rubbish

Or just hire content creators abeg

2 Likes

Re: Does Age Matter In Relationships ? by erico2k2(m): 2:43pm On Jul 17, 2023
talented321:
check this statement in jst 10 years time, U think say we be oyibo abi? even with oyibo nah money dey talk

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Tell Us Your Worst Valentine's Day Story / 85% Of Girls Wearing This Skirt Have STD (pix Included) / Hey! Women What Do You Think About Virgin Guys?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.