Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,722 members, 7,816,973 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:48 PM

Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun (23884 Views)

PEPT: Why Did Wole Olanipekun Ignore Osun Ruling To Quote Shagari Ruling Of 1979 / Bayo Ononuga Shares 'Tinubu’s Guinean Connection' By Amb. Ousmane Yara / Meet Wole Olanipekun; Tinubu's Lead Counsel At The Presidential Tribunal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by Charly68: 10:59am On Jul 18, 2023
The learned men can confuse people oo! I don't know why I was not allowed to study law.. their logic can punctuate the joy of a plaintiff and turn his case to a bad one in the court of law.
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by ajepako(f): 10:59am On Jul 18, 2023
LagosFirstSon:
mumu San with zero integrity ..

The man no even sabi lie 😂

Tinubu is gone .
Na only bribe fit save am that's if the tribunal judges agree to collect bribe , which will soil there images.

Bro,

The only good thing APC did is to expose the emptiness, dumbness and shallowness of our so called "respected men of the law with SAN' attached to their names...

Take a look at this man and ' Fespa Kayefi ' for example grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by chineselink: 11:01am On Jul 18, 2023
All passport holders are citizens but all citizen don't need passport to be a citizen.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by Mydazz(m): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2023
It is sheer illiteracy to say citizenship is tied to passport,......... We need not go this low and dumb to justify a point
Passport is a means of identification, the expiry of which will not remove your name as a citizen from the database of a country.

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by MikeBetty(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
pquaver:

Exactly if obidients say otherwise they should present their proof. Afterall as Nigeria if my passport expires i wont be allowed into the country unless i have proof from Nigerian embassy, LGA or any relevant authorities..

Let obidients show us the proof..
how many Nigerian are out there without Nigerian passports? How many military and paramilitary officers are here without passport? Does it make them less Nigerians? Is there any place Tinubu renounce his oaths of alligence?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by samonak(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2023
meum:
Chai, if your Nigerian passport expires better go and look for another country because you are not a Nigerian anymore! If you want to be a Nigerian again, renew your passport!
This people really take us for fools
grin

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by ExpressBooking(m): 11:18am On Jul 18, 2023
pquaver:

Exactly if obidients say otherwise they should present their proof. Afterall as Nigeria if my passport expires i wont be allowed into the country unless i have proof from Nigerian embassy, LGA or any relevant authorities..

Stop advertising your ignorance in public space. You can always arrive into Nigeria on your expired Nigerian passport. Your passport is not what makes you a Nigerian citizen.

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by johnjose68: 11:26am On Jul 18, 2023
maupe:
Lead counsel to Tinubu in his written address to the court in his case against PDP/Atiku once again said that Tinubu's Guinean citizenship expired the moment his Guinean passport expired in 2020

Below is the address.

Previous thread https://www.nairaland.com/7739618/tinubu-no-more-citizen-guinea

I cant imagine how the obi.phool will be soundly disappointed after the the court gives the verdict.

Imagine ventilating their muscle on a no-case submission. grin grin grin

Baba Wole...The SAN of SANs...is giving dem I.pob sleepness night.

They left their own cases and their lieing lawyers submission and concentrate on the SAN of SANs...how phoolish!!!

Baba Wole is never dragging citizenship with them...but I.pobs are dragging citizenship with Baba Wole...are these people dunz.e

Ekpa is their father!!!
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by LagosFirstSon: 11:27am On Jul 18, 2023
ajepako:

Bro,

The only good thing APC did is to expose the emptiness, dumbness and shallowness of our so called "respected men of the law with SAN' attached to their names...

Take a look at this man and ' Fespa Kayefi ' for example grin grin
lol

No be lie 🤣🤣

SAN with empty brain

2 Likes

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pgodson7(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2023
you can actually enter Nigeria with an expired Nigerian passport without any written letter. What u can't do is travel out of Nigeria with that expired passport.
pquaver:

Stop lieing.. You cant enter 9ja with expired passport without written letter.. You are foolish liar.. which document are u going to tender sef at the port of depature... People wey na travel go dey make noise

1 Like

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:29am On Jul 18, 2023
ExpressBooking:

Stop advertising your ignorance in public space. You can always arrive into Nigeria on your expired Nigerian passport. Your passport is not what makes you a Nigerian citizen.

Tellus proof of your citizenship of acountry oya. Mr not ignorant.. Ozuoo
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:31am On Jul 18, 2023
MikeBetty:
how many Nigerian are out there without Nigerian passports? How many military and paramilitary officers are here without passport? Does it make them less Nigerians? Is there any place Tinubu renounce his oaths of alligence?

There are also chadians, nigeriens, malian in their mist how do u now tell who is Nigerian.. Dont 4get where this argument is ooo... It is in a law court.. Oya tell us
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by ClearFlair: 11:32am On Jul 18, 2023
pquaver:

Obidients have nothing to prove to criminals and their supporters. Because a criminal will always try to twist facts.
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:32am On Jul 18, 2023
MikeBetty:

Is the bolded not ur responsibility? U haven't proven anything with an expired passport... Burden of proof lies with obidients the accussers.. Or u want Tinubu to help u? R u thinking straight...
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:33am On Jul 18, 2023
NickD:

Are you deliberately being daft or you are trying to be funny?

You are daft.. I put it to u.. Go and verify
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:34am On Jul 18, 2023
NickD:

Are you deliberately being daft or you are trying to be funny?

You are daft n stupid.. I put it to u.. Go and verify... Ewu
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:35am On Jul 18, 2023
ClearFlair:

Obidients have nothing to prove to criminals and their supporters. Because a criminal will always try to twist facts.

Go if u have nothing to prove wait for the court pronouncement na.. Stop hyperventilating
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:36am On Jul 18, 2023
ExpressBooking:

Because Nigeria allowed.. Oya arrive uk on expired uk passport na.. From Nigeria
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by WATCHOVER(m): 11:38am On Jul 18, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

The problem with some of you is that you don't read widely and you don't digest information properly before jumping up and down social media displaying your ignorance.

You think a jobless or underemployed person like you know better than a man that has been a Senior Advocate of Nigeria for 32 years? Olanipekun is arguing technically about the admissibility of the so-called evidence. The expiry date of the passport matters here because based on our law and the Evidence Act, no expired document is admissible in the court of law. There was never a place, both during cross examination or in the final address, where Olanipekun said that the expiration of a passport implied nullification of citizenship.
The Man is overhyped nothing technical in his defense so far. He is technical yet the Supreme Court fined him
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2023
Badgers14:

That's not the way it works.

So if someone's Nigeria passport expires, does that mean they are no longer a Nigerian citizens??

Their is a different process to give up citizenship, it is through renunciation.. somewhat lengthy process depending on the country.

Mr. Wole Olanipekun SAN is just ridiculing himself by that statement..

People let's not be blinded by our political support, the statement by Tinubu's lawyer if admitted by the court can cause chaos in the Nigeria.

Renunciation of citizenship costs money and its lengthy process... so if the court accepts Mr. Olanipekun's submission.. then once anyone's Nigerian passport expired, they can just declare they are no longer a Nigerian citizen..

Good now u r talking.. Can ushow us Tinubu oath of alligence or renunciation.in fact why should Tinubu help u in a case the burden lies with u. ..

There are many chadians in Nigeria, malians and other countries.. How do u determine who is Nigerian? U must present documentary evidence.. That is my point.. Presenting and expired passport that is invalid is same as present tissue paper in court.. Do u get it now...
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by johnaruson(m): 11:40am On Jul 18, 2023
Looking stupid trying to defend APC Tinubu, citizenship does not expire. But Visa does. Anarchy judge go and sit down
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by Donake: 11:40am On Jul 18, 2023
The admissibility of the document is based on his nationality not the validity of the international passport. You all want to sound nice to your shallow arguments.

The nationality is what is under argument. What gives you a right to an international passport is your "citizenship" of a country you have sworn allegiance to which isn't your country of birth or that of one's parents.

Stop blabbing and thinking Gestapo works. Even learner fellows must use lies and startegy to technically knock a case. But merit lies in evidence Brough before a court by another learner SAN from the petitioner as well.
DoTheNeedful:

The problem with some of you is that you don't read widely and you don't digest information properly before jumping up and down social media displaying your ignorance.

You think a jobless or underemployed person like you know better than a man that has been a Senior Advocate of Nigeria for 32 years? Olanipekun is arguing technically about the admissibility of the so-called evidence. The expiry date of the passport matters here because based on our law and the Evidence Act, no expired document is admissible in the court of law. There was never a place, both during cross examination or in the final address, where Olanipekun said that the expiration of a passport implied nullification of citizenship.
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by ORIENTATION101: 11:42am On Jul 18, 2023
chatinent:

That’s not how citizenship works, chief, regardless of the type. You are first asked before being given honorary citizenship, and it is on your acceptance it is given you. When it expires, it doesn’t stop you from being a citizen. The passport is simply for identification…esp during travels.

Many people’s passport have expired and they didn’t renew because there was no need to but they remained citizens.

The lawyer didn’t argue that the expiration meant nullification. He is arguing that Tinubu personally didn’t renew cos he didn’t want to be a citizen anymore…which is pure law tactics.

There are specifics to losing citizenship not merely due to an expired passport. The process of acquiring the citizenship doesn’t make you less a citizen to others by birth. You share the same privileges thereinafter. And before you are given a passport, you accepted the citizenship.

I have dual citizenship and I know what I tell you.
you still don't get it. There are 5 types of citizenship
Citizenship by Birth:
Citizenship by marriage: ...
Citizenship by Registration: ...
Citizenship by Naturalization: ...
Citizenship by Honorary Conferment:

And All the 5 types of citizenship don't enjoy same priviledge.

So you said you have dual citizenship. which category do you belong , and what country passport are you carrying ?
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by pquaver(m): 11:43am On Jul 18, 2023
Badgers14:

That's not the way it works.

So if someone's Nigeria passport expires, does that mean they are no longer a Nigerian citizens??

Their is a different process to give up citizenship, it is through renunciation.. somewhat lengthy process depending on the country.

Mr. Wole Olanipekun SAN is just ridiculing himself by that statement..

People let's not be blinded by our political support, the statement by Tinubu's lawyer if admitted by the court can cause chaos in the Nigeria.

Renunciation of citizenship costs money and its lengthy process... so if the court accepts Mr. Olanipekun's submission.. then once anyone's Nigerian passport expired, they can just declare they are no longer a Nigerian citizen..

Olanipeku knows exactly what he is saying.. He is telling that that passport is invalid which turns to the case from pdp into hear say. just like me here now saying u r a Cameroonian.. So it is word of mouth the onus noe falls on me to prove my accusation.
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by Electorate: 11:58am On Jul 18, 2023
pquaver:

Stop hyerventilating. Expired passport means passport is no longer valid.. Every citizenship has documentary proof.. Oya go to ur state liason office in abuja and tell them u r from tge state just by word of mouth if they will not throw u away like dustbin... Bring proof of the citizenship shikena

pquaver:

You mean anytime my passport expires I stopped being a Nigerian, how dumb is that?

Surprisingly, the energy and confidence you used in defending your daftness is simply out of this world.

Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by Karnice600: 12:05pm On Jul 18, 2023
DoTheNeedful:

If the work of a lawyer was that easy, people would not be studying law for 5 years plus 1 year at law school. You still have problem understanding my previous post. Olanipekun is not deliberating on Guinean citizenship at all. He's telling the court to ignore the so-called evidence all together, because the purported passport was obtained from the internet, not certified, and expired. Even if the passport belonged to Tinubu, it has no probative value in court because it has expired.

I will not engage you in any argument about Tinubu's Guinean citizenship, because his lawyers are not even debating that. This is one of the reasons people pay brilliant lawyers millions (in dollars sometimes ) to defend them.
You're not making any sense. The more honorable thing to do is shut the fvck up and move. Not emphasize lameness. Whether by birth or other engagements, whatever clauses define your citizenship status of a state, are never automatically renounced on the expiration of a passport.
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by jcross19: 12:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
pquaver:

Stop hyerventilating. Expired passport means passport is no longer valid.. Every citizenship has documentary proof.. Oya go to ur state liason office in abuja and tell them u r from tge state just by word of mouth if they will not throw u away like dustbin... Bring proof of the citizenship shikena
so you mean that if my international passport expired as a Nigerian , I'm not a Nigerian anymore? Ahahaahahahaha
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by lesson44: 12:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
pquaver:

Are you people so dumb? You can be a citizen without having a passport. How many Nigerians have passports? You stop being a citizen of a country when you renounce your citizenship. Which kind lawyer they come up with this nonsense?
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by tomju2(f): 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
psychalade:
Fact! grin
What is fact? That citizenship expires on expiration of passport? Really? How many times have you renewed your Nigerian passport? Did your citizenship expire? Better don't let an SAN paper be deceiving you. Think. Passport is a document showing your country for travel and other purposes. CITIZENSHIP CAN BE OBTAINED BY BIRTH,NATURALIZATION OR EVEN PURCHASE!. Two different things.
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by jcross19: 12:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
popesco123:
Some bastaard dollard full here sha. Citizenship is granted by law. The life span of the passport booklet lies on the expiry date. Mumu every where.
does it mean the day your passport expired , that you are no longer Nigerian?
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by Badgers14: 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
pquaver:

Olanipeku knows exactly what he is saying.. He is telling that that passport is invalid which turns to the case from pdp into hear say. just like me here now saying u r a Cameroonian.. So it is word of mouth the onus noe falls on me to prove my accusation.

You might have misunderstood Mr. Olanipekun.. he said because Tinubu's Guinea passport have expired, he is no longer their citizen.
Re: Tinubu's Guinean Citizenship Expired Once His Passport Expired- Wole Olanipekun by tomju2(f): 12:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Hyperchi:

So when America give u green card as a citizen, they also put expiring date on it, or u just want to sound stupid. Don't u think be4 an outsider is given citizen there is a court swearing, which is on paper be4 the document is given,
So travel passport is the certificate of a citizen
Don't waste your energy arguing with them. Some can't think straight. That someone can say citizenship expires with passport is laughable. He is even a SAN! Abi na sandpaper?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

The Boko Haram Story-one You May Not Have Heard Of / Czech Offers Scholarship To Wife Of Airforce Officer Killed By Boko Haram.PICS / NLC Strike: Apc Is Setting A Dangerous Precedence.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.