Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,030 members, 7,835,493 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:47 AM

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? - Family (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? (29407 Views)

Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than Educated Ones / My Marriage Of 10 Months Is Gradually Crashing / My Uncle Has Decided To End His Marriage Of 30 Years (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by kelvindj98: 2:45pm On Sep 02, 2023
Why are some Nigerians daft. Is this worthy of a post? You didn't provide any stat to back your claim that education qualification affects the longevity of marriage. You just used anecdotal data and gbam...it is a debate on nairaland. Nawa o.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Queenza(f): 2:46pm On Sep 02, 2023
Too much spoken English dey cause am.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Dagenius53: 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
What a lovely thread!!!
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by barinedan(m): 2:47pm On Sep 02, 2023
Uneducated people act foolishly in marriage, while educated people feel they are too wise to be cheated

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by uuzba(m): 2:48pm On Sep 02, 2023
Lawalemi:
Na oversabi dey kill them
The education of females is same education for males.
So they feel they must do and earn same amount as the males do.
You end up with 2 people fighting to wear the same trouser in the house.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 2:49pm On Sep 02, 2023
barinedan:
Uneducated people act foolishly in marriage, while educated people feel they are too wise to be cheated
Too wise to be cheated? Does any sane person take lightly to being cheated? Even babies don't take kindly to such. undecided
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by uuzba(m): 2:50pm On Sep 02, 2023
barinedan:
Well, the women got same education as the men in same school, same class.
So they feel, why should I bow down?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by mabea: 2:51pm On Sep 02, 2023
Just as King Agrippa told Paul saying "too much learning maketh thee mad" That's the reason.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by CaptainFM1: 2:52pm On Sep 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Probably because your traditions and culture off them less fulfillment in life. undecided

Maybe, but that traditions and culture is what many are looking for which is somewhat absent in Gen Z's.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by BENEAMATA: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2023
Which kind education you get that makes you tag folks who probably didn't get to your level of formal education as " uneducated " ? Little wonder about the disappointing level of our growth as a society despite all those uncountable degrees plucked like mere fruits in our unis yearly . Ogbeni OP , dem no dey study long lasting marriage for school ! Every one should find a virtuous woman to marry as against the university certificate you're wifying upandan ( " she has to be a graduate , first off " ) .Get off your high horses and rid yourselves from condescending attitudes and mindset.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2023
CaptainFM1:
■ Maybe, but that traditions and culture is what many are looking for which is somewhat absent in Gen Z's.
I don't follow at all. Who are the many looking for these traditions and cultures in marriage? The reason why Gen Z reject your traditions and culture probably has to do with the fact that they realize how lopsided and unfulfilled they are. So how can they be looking for that which they reject? undecided
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Saintmary(f): 2:54pm On Sep 02, 2023
izonborn098:
First marriage is not for two strict people, one has to fall mugu or better still overlook and accept many things.
A graduate is more advance and have some white man mentality because they are educated and can read whatever both online and offline while am uneducated woman has am africa mentality which she knows the man is the head of the house, she can accept many of his mistakes just as u forgive ur children of their mistakes but am educated wife take everything serious because of pride and entitle mentality there by competing with her husband.
You can take advantage of ur uneducated wife in so many occasions compared to the educated one.
If u have an uneducated women who is business minded and has understanding then just open business for her and have a happy family e.g orhobo and igbo women are very good examples, while an educated working woman will some times prefer her work more than the marriage all because she want to be dependent.
Op their are more but just

Women are your problem in this life, right?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by CaptainFM1: 2:57pm On Sep 02, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I don't follow at all. Who are the many looking for these traditions and cultures in marriage? The reason why Gen Z reject your traditions and culture probably has to do with the fact that they realize how lopsided and unfulfilled they are. So how can they be looking for that which they reject? undecided

Don't take things personal. I do not create any traditions and culture. I'm a Gen Z myself. I'm just stating what I observed. Your opinion is noted though without prejudice.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by musicwriter(m): 2:59pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?

That's an interesting question and the answer is very simple.

With that education, we're copying thoughts and attitudes that don't belong to African values, ideals, culture. The education sets an African off frequency, just like when you tune your radio off frequency and you begin to get that distorted shhhhhhh sound.

The so called uneducated people are closer to home, they haven't adopted a kind of thought paradigm that override African values, ideals, culture.

That's the reason.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
CaptainFM1:
■ Don't take things personal. I do not create any traditions and culture. I'm a Gen Z myself.
Don't pretend to read my mind abeg cause you don't have the ability to. Focus solely on the subject. undecided

You claim you are Gen Z so what traditions and cultures are you looking for? undecided
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by mukthar2000(m): 3:01pm On Sep 02, 2023
both couples were educated, they we both like to provide equal right to each other that lead to arguments and divorce.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by 7demons: 3:03pm On Sep 02, 2023
Backpedal:

Hope u know that the uneducated man overlooks a lot of excesses from the wife too

They are on average more tolerable than rhair educated peers
Fact! Fact! Fact!! 💯
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Basic123: 3:04pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Seriously I've seen more marriages of uneducated couples lasting very long than the educated ones, what could be the reason for this?
I disagree
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by GUNITGuy: 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
I too know syndrome
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by newoffer: 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
My rights. I know my rights...
IconicR:
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Tundesimple123(m): 3:05pm On Sep 02, 2023
Because uneducated woman will always bow and respect her husband opinion
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Osanoghodua1: 3:06pm On Sep 02, 2023
Educated persons marriages last longer shall. Go and check uneducated folks with endless polygamous life. Back in the days, some women just give birth for many men and men just marry as much as they can creating generational crisis for their innocent children. Don't think divorce or polygamy, if you mistakenly escape the bullet, your children will turn defenders and attackers.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 3:08pm On Sep 02, 2023
izonborn098:
First marriage is not for two strict people, one has to fall mugu or better still overlook and accept many things.
A graduate is more advance and have some white man mentality because they are educated and can read whatever both online and offline while am uneducated woman has am africa mentality which she knows the man is the head of the house, she can accept many of his mistakes just as u forgive ur children of their mistakes but am educated wife take everything serious because of pride and entitle mentality there by competing with her husband.
You can take advantage of ur uneducated wife in so many occasions compared to the educated one.
If u have an uneducated women who is business minded and has understanding then just open business for her and have a happy family e.g orhobo and igbo women are very good examples, while an educated working woman will some times prefer her work more than the marriage all because she want to be dependent.
lol see exploitative mentality.so you marry person's daughter to take advantage of her because she's uneducated and ignorant of her place and responsibilities/privileges of a wife.chaiii

African women don hear am grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 3:10pm On Sep 02, 2023
Xscape1993:
That is not my point. My point is that some people are educated, but no good behaviour or attitude to last long in marriages. Simple.
I concur

1 Like

Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 3:13pm On Sep 02, 2023
talented321:
Being educated does not mean you have understand what is call life fully, u can only understand life through experience.
And the worst many educated women are full of pride and entitlement mentality.
what a lot of Africans mistake as pride is called a healthy dose of self esteem.many Africans don't know the difference between pride and boundaries
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Muzbas: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
Equal right now!
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Kobojunkie: 3:14pm On Sep 02, 2023
dangotesmummy:
what a lot of Africans mistake as pride is called a healthy dose of self esteem. many Africans don't know the difference between pride and boundaries
grin
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by dangotesmummy: 3:16pm On Sep 02, 2023
Lawalemi:
Na oversabi dey kill them
osinachi wey die twee like cockroach,no be undersabi wey kill am?
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by Princewill1(m): 3:17pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:
Good points, but it seems you are indirectly saying education has a negative impact on women in regards to marriage
Yes it does!

Mind you the 'education' you refers here is "Western Education" not Arabic or oriental education. What you called education today actually carrys with it beliefs and customs of the Caucasian race that developed it.

When you pick up a traditional African and have him/her educated, his or her world view automatically charges after getting educated. Gender equality runs deep in Western culture that's why you see a queen heading a monarchy in Britain which is rare in Africa.

The long lasting marriages of our parents and grandparents people often talk about was with little or no Western education.
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by NairaMaster1(m): 3:20pm On Sep 02, 2023
IconicR:

I too know of educated women (feminism)
Re: Why Do Marriage Of Uneducated Couples Last Longer Than The Educated Ones? by NairaMaster1(m): 3:21pm On Sep 02, 2023
izonborn098:

You said it all

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

After 9 Years Of Trying My Wife Finally Gave Birth / Sex-starved Wife Secures Divorce As Court Dissolves 14-yr-old Marriage / My Mum Is Planning To Forcefully Give Out My Little Sister Out For Marriage

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.