Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,443 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:54 AM

NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol (41751 Views)

Breaking!!! NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price To N617 Per Litre / Subsidy Removal: Fuel Pump Price Rises To 800 CFA In Benin Republic – KPMG’ / Just In: NNPC Increases Fuel Price To N555 Per Litre (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Sijo01(f): 11:01am On Jul 18, 2023
I just bought for N591 @ Benin Mega 😢 😢 😢 😭
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Kukutenla: 11:02am On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

I hate APC, PDP and LP.

I never voted for them, nor do I like them. In the last election I was backing a smaller party.

My support for subsidy removal dates back to 2012 when GEJ, NOI and SLS opened my eyes. Prior to that, I had backed retention of subsidy for years. Since 1993. I even was one of those who was angry with a Obasanjo minister for being insensitive for suggesting subsidy removal.

I no like tinubu. If there was a rerun, I would have voted against him.

If you understand subsidy, you would get why it is bad.

Anyway,you don't have to believe me.
Another lie. Who was talking about removal or no removal of subsidy in 1993?
This lie will not kill you o
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nwajesus12(m): 11:03am On Jul 18, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's for the main time, everything will normalise very soon. On behalf of Mr President i apologize for every inconvenience this is causing the good citizens of this great country.

Mr President is working around the clock to make this country very great and ease the suffering of the Masses. God Bless you all.

Cc: PATRON
shut up Mr man

4 Likes

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Nobody: 11:04am On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

UK that fuel is around 1,451 naira per liter?

In UK, people don't use their cars anyhow...na to walk and use public transport (which also costs money, o!)
UK get crude oil?
Which kind comparison you dey make?
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Angrymode: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2023
Acekidc4:
It's for the main time, everything will normalise very soon. On behalf of Mr President i apologize for every inconvenience this is causing the good citizens of this great country.

Mr President is working around the clock to make this country very great and ease the suffering of the Masses. God Bless you all.

Delusion 🙄
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by COMPLETETRUTH: 11:07am On Jul 18, 2023
I hope the fuel price will not reach 1000 before December
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by kenenzo: 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
[Woe to you.
quote author=Acekidc4 post=124491637] It's for the main time, everything will normalise very soon. On behalf of Mr President i apologize for every inconvenience this is causing the good citizens of this great country.

Cc: PATRON [/quote]

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by bigfather(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
b0rn2fuck:
Lol, just like we miss Jonathan, e be like say we go miss buhari true true, when don talks say from frypan Jonathan to buhari fire, like joke like joke we are heading to Jagaban hell fire closely, make Dem sell the country sharp sharp... I think say I don see it all with Buhari survival mode ,until I landed to Jagaban Vampire empire

GOD ABEG O !
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
FOJEM:

UK get crude oil?
Which kind comparison you dey make?

Yes they do. (North oil fields.).
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Trimjos: 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

And how is their tax rate?

If we implemented UK tax rate here, we would all scream hell

Cow, better shut that putrid mouth of urs.

2 Likes

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Kajaard: 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
lavylilly:
I am about to resign as they have refused hydrid or work at home.

I hope you have another job before resigning? Or else you might regret that decision.
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by erniok(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
lexy2014:

Pls which jobs, investments and price reductions have accrued to Nigeria as a result of removal of subsidy on kerosene and diesel?

How would subsisdy have eaten out revenue?

Before previous governments started removing subsisdy, what was the percentage on each litre of fuel they were paying as subsidy?

With each subsequent removal, what percentage on a litre of fuel was being paid as subsisdy and what did that amount to in total?

Which subsidy did Mele Kyari say was totally removed in 2020? If subsidy was completely removed in 2020, which one is Tinubu removing in 2023?

Which subsisdy on petrol did Tinubu now remove in 2023?

What percentage on each litre of fuel was nigeria paying as subsisdy before may 29, 2023?

erniok thatigboman greggng a4cube lasenior bonnyhope semperfid nasri100 kukutenla slowice advanceDNA...see the way nairalanda1 will dodge these questions
You should expect that when you have party loyalists who claim to be Patriots.
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:08am On Jul 18, 2023
Nasri100:

He is a troll.

K.
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:09am On Jul 18, 2023
LaSenior:
is the just telling your kids to reduce the way the eat and but you their father keeps feeding large and been wasteful if you support this subsidy removal then you are not wise, this is the only thing people gain from government if properly managed you can't be telling your kids to lessen the way the eat while you go ahead eating large subsidy is not killing Nigeria rather it it high cost of governance that is killing Nigeria and corruption

Well, we can keep dreaming, and dreaming, and dreaming till Mama IMF and Mama Beijing tells us to wake up and go clean the kitchen...
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by kristo123: 11:09am On Jul 18, 2023
#617 for petrol... God have mercy
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:09am On Jul 18, 2023
bonnyhope:

Wrong analogy

Worker's incone in UK is different from Nigeria

Yeah, and they pay half of that in...taxes.
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:10am On Jul 18, 2023
erniok:

You should expect that when you have party loyalists who claim to be Patriots.

wink
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2023
Trimjos:

Cow, better shut that putrid mouth of urs.

Okay

I leave you in the capable hands of mama IMF. She give you good conditonal loving...
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by slowice(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

The truth is that subsidy removal was always going to be hard

That's why it has been opposed by Nigerians for decades.

Subsidy is not the problem with Nigeria. The problem is leadership, the problem is their inability to tackle corruption in the sector because they too are interested in it.

Removing subsidy is simply dumping the problems on citizens instead of solving it.

3 Likes

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by SweetDipBenny(m): 11:11am On Jul 18, 2023
Y'all dat manipulated election result because of 50k/100k bribe, una good mornin oh. How's d family? Hope d moni will last u for 8yrs.

3 Likes

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by slowice(m): 11:12am On Jul 18, 2023
lexy2014:

Pls which jobs, investments and price reductions have accrued to Nigeria as a result of removal of subsidy on kerosene and diesel?

How would subsisdy have eaten out revenue?

Before previous governments started removing subsisdy, what was the percentage on each litre of fuel they were paying as subsidy?

With each subsequent removal, what percentage on a litre of fuel was being paid as subsisdy and what did that amount to in total?

Which subsidy did Mele Kyari say was totally removed in 2020? If subsidy was completely removed in 2020, which one is Tinubu removing in 2023?

Which subsisdy on petrol did Tinubu now remove in 2023?

What percentage on each litre of fuel was nigeria paying as subsisdy before may 29, 2023?

erniok thatigboman greggng a4cube lasenior bonnyhope semperfid nasri100 kukutenla slowice advanceDNA...see the way nairalanda1 will dodge these questions

Don't why they are hellbent on defending corruption and corrupt politicians.

3 Likes

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:13am On Jul 18, 2023
MadamExcellency:

According to the NNPC, payment for fuel subsidies in the last two years was none. They were operating on crude oil swaps for refined products.

They solution would have been more exploration and intensified drilling oil well drilling in the coastal areas of Niger Delta and Eastern Nigeria to make up for the quantity that we are swapping until our refineries start working.

Ordinarily, we were doing trade by barter because many of our crude oil are littered in the high sea waiting for buyers hence that was a good policy by Buhari's administrator to swap crude for refined products.

Which I agree with, but then again, it does cost money to refine that crude into fuel, and to even drill for it.

And as costs rise, so does the cost of subsidising it

And since we don't have much income from tax to pay for subsidy, and we use oil money for practically everything....at the end of the day, we end up with deficits in keeping subsides.

I did not support GEJ, but he woke me up in 2012. I have remained woken up since then....even more so now that we have access to the data he and his gang were seeing that scared them into trying to remove subsides then.

2 Likes

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:14am On Jul 18, 2023
a4cube:
This is complete lie. The actual litres we consume is not what they pay for. They inflate the litres. NNPC have not paid for subsidy for almost 2 years now yet we buy for 200 before Bala blu podium madness.

It is because of that inflation and lying that I do not support subsidy.

Subsidy encourages such price inflations, lyings and makes stealing easy. At some point, it had to end.

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by bigfather(m): 11:15am On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

grin

I no like your tinubu, but removing subsidy was the right thing to do, though he should have supported GEJ when GEJ wanted to remove the thing in 2012.

Still, better late than never. The fact is, if we kept subsidy, by this time next year, we would be spending all our income plus borrowed money propping the thing up. And when IMF says they can't do it anymore....wahala go start.

Then they should have focused more on revamping the refineries like they promised in 2015. The truth is the masses cannot cope with the double digit inflation rates and coupled with the recent floating of FX. Its really gong to be hard knowing fully well that Naija is a consuming and not a producing economy .
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2023
slowice:

Don't why they are hellbent on defending corruption and corrupt politicians.

Well, whatever you think of me, keeping subsidy would have created a very large deficit that the IMF won't have helped us fill this time.

The thing is, we should have voted for a government that would have gotten us off oil in 1999. Maybe we won;t have been here.
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by nairalanda1(m): 11:16am On Jul 18, 2023
bigfather:

Then they should have focused more on revamping the refineries like they promised in 2015. The truth is the masses cannot cope with the double digit inflation rates and coupled with the recent floating of FX. Its really gong to be hard knowing fully well that Naija is a consuming and not a producing economy .

Well, if we kept the subsidy, the resulting inflation and deficit that would have resulted in a few years would make what we are going through now look like plain and easy street.

Plus keeping subsidy is why we don't have good refineries in the first place.
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Bobloco: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
🤔 it'll eventually come down

Come down to what, when?

But, why is it going up
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by isArray: 11:17am On Jul 18, 2023
advanceDNA:

Na only business owners??
Na consumers wey go patronize business owners go see red pass...

Consumers will always find alternatives i.e best price for goods/items, so the burden is still on the business owner
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by texannaija: 11:18am On Jul 18, 2023
a4cube:
Why are u on.about tax rate? Ok tax rate is 20% for those on minimum wage. Let say a single guy earning 2k a month pays 400 as tax he is still left with 1600 to play with which is more than a enough to carry you for a month. He can even start a building project back home.

But why una dey answer am
Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by Nursepepeye(f): 11:19am On Jul 18, 2023
Acekidc4:

you are very stupid and mad, Tinubu is a Vagabon and bastard, fvck you, fvck Tinubu, fvck NL, fvck every stupid people who have refused to reason like human in Nigeria, fvck you all. Everyone in Nigeria may possibly mentally deranged,

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by isArray: 11:21am On Jul 18, 2023
bonnyhope:

Business owners will adjust accordingly

Pity the salary earners
If you're in a top earning profession, you won't really feel the impact, even your employer's will adjust to meet your salary requirements , it's also easier to move from one good paying job to another

1 Like

Re: NNPCL Further Increases Fuel Pump Price Of Petrol by windvane(m): 11:22am On Jul 18, 2023
TemplarLandry:
This NNPC needs total overhaul.
Just watch out.

I diss Mele Kyari with “Hard Life” by Black Face feat. Alabai. Great jam!
the only I saw in your comment was the song!!!chai blackface was indeed on top of his world that year....I wish he could just spring back like nyanya..love is voice and raps

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (13) (Reply)

Niger Delta: Buhari Made Me Cry Today, Essien Attah / State Chief Of Protocol's Children Visit Buhari During Sallah In Daura. Photos / Akeredolu Mounted A Billboard For Yahaya Bello In Kogi - Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.