Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,512 members, 7,854,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:08 PM

Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? (30172 Views)

Strike: NLC forces closure of Bank, Chase Out Workers In Lagos / Nnamdi Onochie: Negotiating With Boko Haram Will Save Nigeria N1.2trn Spent / 618 Schools Shut In Northern States Over Abduction Scare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by ayo2008: 4:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
abhosts:

Obi called fuel subsidy 'organised crime' that needs to go. Does that sound like someone who wanted to be methodical in removing it?

The organised crime of 8k palliatives nko?
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Ganjafama(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:
Disturbing news just emerged that fuel price has increased again to 618 per litre. The worst is that this price is what NNPC is selling! Independent marketers usually sell higher.

How are Nigerians, particularly workers on fixed salary going to survive? Before now, some workers in Lagos and Abuja often spend as much as 3,000 to 4,000 daily on transportation. It's even pathetic to note that these workers mostly earn less than 100,000 monthly.

If you're a worker in Lagos or Abuja, or other Nigerian cities, how are you surviving?

Something needs to be done urgently either by those in authority or those at the receiving end. Obviously, we can't continue like this!!

Bros , we must continue like this. Infact, Nigerians are addicted to suffering. We had the chance to chose credible leadership but we decided to vote along ethnic and religious lines.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by seguno2: 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
t2luv1:

Keep clinging to that house brick as a floating device. Let's see what happens in 6 months. Pathetic !!!!

I am only being sarcastic sir. Thanks for your understanding.
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Emetex22(m): 4:49pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Okoro, eat your worhless illicit paper money .

Wealth is measured by might and not how many inked Jewish paper you gathered from scheming.

When we begin the blockade, let's see how that paper will sustain you.

Awo, showed you guys that by the power of the pen, we can easily turn you to Somalia levels of hunger that you resort to your ancestral canibbalsm.

Waooh, no wonder Nigeria remains poverty capital of the world, with ur area still defecating on the roadside and washing ur blokos with kettle water, spits, sophisticated fallen demon, little wonder ur coward leader too sniper πŸ™„ in suicide, spits

2 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by t2luv1: 4:53pm On Jul 18, 2023
Lasgidi90:
It's just the beginning

Exactly `This is what one gets when someone with a single-digit IQ is made President.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by DesChyko: 4:54pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
If Tinubu could govern the richest state in Nigeria and his biggest achievement was leaving behind a plan for his successors, nobody should expect anything from him.

I live in Lagos, but I thank God I work remotely and online too. Before now, I'd budget 11k for 50-litre PMS for my gen per month. Now, 12k cannot even fill a 25-litre Jerry can. However, electricity has significantly improved - probably because we are in rainy season.

I wake up every morning and thank God for this, brother. Because omo πŸ₯²

1 Like

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:
We warned y'all to avoid that Obidient movt so we can first remove the satanic party APC from power and shut it down but una no gree

Abi.
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 4:57pm On Jul 18, 2023
abhosts:

Atiku also promised to increase the suffering of the masses by removing subsidy and floating Naira. Only Sowore was pro subsidy.

He promised to remove subsidy but it was in phases. PDP will never take anti-people policies down the citizens' throats without a measure unlike APC (which is why I will never vote for that accursed party called APC).

1 Like

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Dejijossy(m): 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
I have just told my wife to reduce her work days to 3. This is govt work one needs to be smart.
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by enemyofprogress: 5:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
spencekat:
You follow
I work in the of the president. Almost everything is free, moreover, my office attracts lots of goodies to me. I'm making cool cash
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by NaijaCrusader: 5:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
I am hammering it,the immediate action should be to retract and subsidize to 250 at most 300 naira a litre this will stabilize the ship and give the government the chance to formulate and implement their own policies.
Quick intervention is needed before this gets out of hand.it is already critical
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 5:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Cantonese:
β€œ Disturbing news just…”.
What’s disturbing about the news? What you ask for is what you get. You asked for APC. You asked for Buhari. You asked for BAT. You did not remember that APC put the country in misery for 8 years. You asked for further years of misery, thinking that it would favour you.

If you have not joined the trekkers association of Nigeria (TAN), please register quickly. If you were trekking from Ozumba Mbadiwe to Lekki toll gate before now, note that you will find yourself trekking from Lekki toll gate to Oworonshoki. Now your 8K monthly for six months has become more worthless.

If APC no finish Nigeria, una no go get sense.

Abi o grin grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by simmydare82(m): 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
APC how market, I think you people are still buying it 185? Ego touch all of us.
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 5:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
CaIImeTrinity:
so make another Fulani northerner take over from buhari?
You're a shameless bastard

Tribalism after the party you voted for ran the country into the ground? You guys are a lost case and irredeemable!
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
28plus:

I wish I can like this comment a billion times..
APC was our common enemy, but the gullible folks taught otherwise

Abi o!
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 5:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
pachigo001:
Yarimo no see money for transportation he is stranded in Ajegunle Lagos grin grin

grin grin grin cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by taizabethrel: 5:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by mysteriousD: 5:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
HacheNoire:
The Nigerian Labour Congress needs to shut down the nation.

The best that can be done by His Excellency, President Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu (GCFR) is to increase the minimum wage.

Anything short of that is invalid!

Wch private employer will pay the minimum wage?
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by bluefilm: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
I wish I could laugh and say I -told-you-so, but unfortunately, I can't.

But on a more serious note, where is dangote refinery in all this?
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 5:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
nairalanda1:

Obi should have stepped down for Atiku.

No offence, but the only party with the national reach to beat APC this year was PDP.

Yeah, Atiku is just as bad as Tinubu. But in politics, you go with what you have, not what you wish you had.

As an example, most of the people who voted Biden in the USA last time, most of them would have rather gone for someone else. But the Republicans had to be beaten, and as such unity was important. Ditto 2016, most of those who voted for trump would have chosen someone else...but at the end unity was better than disunity.

A divided opposition gave APC victory.(Unless the court says otherwise, but I am not holding my breath).

Exactly!
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Traplord09: 5:34pm On Jul 18, 2023
It takes one thin to run the country dry.

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yemi1504: 5:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
t2luv1:

Exactly `This is what one gets when someone with a single-digit IQ is made President.

You can say that again!
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Traplord09: 5:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
NaijaCrusader:
I am hammering it,the immediate action should be to retract and subsidize to 250 at most 300 naira a litre this will stabilize the ship and give the government the chance to formulate and implement their own policies.
Quick intervention is needed before this gets out of hand.it is already critical

😏😏😏😏😏😏😏

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Traplord09: 5:44pm On Jul 18, 2023
Dididrumz:

A whole $10 oooo, ungrateful people complaining anyhow.πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

Tinuubff and there mandate southwest ↙️
Who what to play nx

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Midex88(m): 5:52pm On Jul 18, 2023
Assuming we have an election rerun. Who are you voting for?

Like for Peter Obi
Share for Tinubu
Comment for Atiku
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by MrColdsweat: 6:04pm On Jul 18, 2023
Foolishh aneemals calling ndigbo 3rd class citizens, hope you're being fuel at 150 per litre?
Foolishh ronus.
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Lasgidi90(m): 6:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
t2luv1:

It's just sad that we all will get to suffer for the carelessness of many.

1 Like

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Brainy007: 6:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
abhosts:

Atiku also promised to increase the suffering of the masses by removing subsidy and floating Naira. Only Sowore was pro subsidy.
Sowore get sense?
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by AmazingELixir: 6:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
seguno2:

The way the N617 petrol is showing shege to Tinubu voters and others? Abi Tinubu voters are buying petrol at the N40 promised in 2015, as part of their change package for scamming Nigerians into accepting Abacha’s PTF a-looter comrade to fight corruption better than Jonathan and PDP?

Tinubu or no Tinibu the effect would have still been thesame...even if the subsidy were removed wayback 2015. Inflation, exchange rate, non existing local refining capacity and international oil price would have driven up the price of fuel.

What happened was mere postponement of doomsday.
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by seguno2: 6:30pm On Jul 18, 2023
AmazingELixir:

Tinubu or no Tinibu the effect would have still been thesame...even if the subsidy were removed wayback 2015. Inflation, exchange rate, non existing local refining capacity and international oil price would have driven up the price of fuel.

What happened was mere postponement of doomsday.

Yeah, like what happened when telecoms was deregulated and government started receiving taxes and licensing fees from the private companies instead of sinking money into inefficient NITEL?

How long did it take for Glo to crash the prices of telecoms services? 11 years, which is the time since the Ojota protests
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by seguno2: 6:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
tuoyoojo:
I am surprised why everywhere is quiet

Smart Lagosians have been quiet since 1999, so why are you surprised that Nigerians are quiet
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Diddycsbsb: 6:38pm On Jul 18, 2023
Who ever that is reading this message save it and don't forget it...

Something worster than End Sars will happen this year...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Buhari's Security Resuced Buba Marwa From Angry Mob At APC Presidential Rally / Soldiers Kill 27 Boko Haram Terrorists, Recover Arms & Ammunition (Photos) / Umahi’s Defection: PDP Suspends 3 Senators, 5 Lawmakers, Others In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.