Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,412 members, 7,853,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 03:59 AM

Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? (30165 Views)

Strike: NLC forces closure of Bank, Chase Out Workers In Lagos / Nnamdi Onochie: Negotiating With Boko Haram Will Save Nigeria N1.2trn Spent / 618 Schools Shut In Northern States Over Abduction Scare (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by sonnie10: 3:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Angelfrost:

Labor Congress will do no such thing... They have been rendered toothless by Ethnic division within Nigeria!

Only the majority suffering and dying can rescue the nation by widespread REVOLUTION!!!

No truth more this can be found here.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Tekzyflex(m): 3:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
Port Harcourt own is even the worst. For 12 years civil servants haven't seen promotion. How can someone that is suppose to be in level 12 is still in level 8. Evil government

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by tonytony208(m): 3:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

If it's 618 as you claimed then it's going far higher in Alaigbo goshen

Worry about your exploited masses before you mention Lagos or Abuja .

Abi you are one of thise resident Ibos claiming Abuja and Lagos Ibo?

So, you still see things from the stupid perspective of tribalism?

How much was government paying per litre as subsidy? How much increase did they put on fuel?

You are so daft to only see tribalism despite the national suffering.

Orí e ti dàrú.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by 28plus: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:
We warned y'all to avoid that Obidient movt so we can first remove the satanic party APC from power and shut it down but una no gree

I wish I can like this comment a billion times..
APC was our common enemy, but the gullible folks taught otherwise

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by pachigo001(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yarimo no see money for transportation he is stranded in Ajegunle Lagos grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by lomprico(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:
Disturbing news just emerged that fuel price has increased again to 618 per litre. The worst is that this price is what NNPC is selling! Independent marketers usually sell higher.

How are Nigerians, particularly workers on fixed salary going to survive? Before now, some workers in Lagos and Abuja often spend as much as 3,000 to 4,000 daily on transportation. It's even pathetic to note that these workers mostly earn less than 100,000 monthly.

If you're a worker in Lagos or Abuja, or other Nigerian cities, how are you surviving?

Something needs to be done urgently either by those in authority or those at the receiving end. Obviously, we can't continue like this!!

Everybody go collet! grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by chrisxxx(m): 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:
We warned y'all to avoid that Obidient movt so we can first remove the satanic party APC from power and shut it down but una no gree
Bros God bless you. Obi put us all into this mess. But his people won't agree. Obi, I said right from when he came out to contest, was sponsored by Tinubu. How Obi believed he would win a formidable and evil fortified party like APC baffled me.
Secondly Obi saying he would remove subsidy led to Tinubu not thinking at all before removing subsidy. To him he is doing what Obi said he would do and Nigerians will be happy with him.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by neonly: 3:13pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
If Tinubu could govern the richest state in Nigeria and his biggest achievement was leaving behind a plan for his successors, nobody should expect anything from him.

I live in Lagos, but I thank God I work remotely and online too. Before now, I'd budget 11k for 50-litre PMS for my gen per month. Now, 12k cannot even fill a 25-litre Jerry can. However, electricity has significantly improved - probably because we are in rainy season.

In my own location
We have power for 4hrs a day so pls edit that portion of power has increased pls
Can't even store food again

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by lomprico(m): 3:14pm On Jul 18, 2023
abhosts:

Atiku also promised to increase the suffering of the masses by removing subsidy and floating Naira. Only Sowore was pro subsidy.
Who is sowore?
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by FlintDrone: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na so
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by emmaodet: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
IconicR:
Emmy how are you doing, how's wifey and kids

They are fine, thanks.

How are you doing too?

Don't think I remember your moniker again
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Jagabanarmy: 3:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:
Disturbing news just emerged that fuel price has increased again to 618 per litre. The worst is that this price is what NNPC is selling! Independent marketers usually sell higher.

How are Nigerians, particularly workers on fixed salary going to survive? Before now, some workers in Lagos and Abuja often spend as much as 3,000 to 4,000 daily on transportation. It's even pathetic to note that these workers mostly earn less than 100,000 monthly.

If you're a worker in Lagos or Abuja, or other Nigerian cities, how are you surviving?

Something needs to be done urgently either by those in authority or those at the receiving end. Obviously, we can't continue like this!!

There are reasons why previous governments didn't touch subsidy when our refineries are not in good shape. One of the reasons I never supported this removal as long we don't have functional refineries. At the moment, fuel is dollarized product in Nigeria so its impact will be felt when there's sharp increase in price. Just hope there's a way to ameliorate the hardship
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by yarimo(m): 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
pachigo001:
Yarimo no see money for transportation he is stranded in Ajegunle Lagos grin grin
grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by sslcrypt: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:

This is just the plain truth. The obi movement were bunch of reckless and emotional bunch of no brains. I advocated for atiku then, everyone saw that APC was obviously scared of atiku more than labor because the northern states counted more. All the same here we are now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by greggng: 3:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:

This is why civilise nation see us as fools .They go out to.protest bad govt policy ..but what do we do ...we lament ...ger ready for more suffering .cos it will be 1000naira in 3months ...nobody will save a people who are not wiling to save themselves

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Khyrvxjzy: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Okoro, eat your worhless illicit paper money .

Wealth is measured by might and not how many inked Jewish paper you gathered from scheming.

When we begin the blockade, let's see how that paper will sustain you.

Awo, showed you guys that by the power of the pen, we can easily turn you to Somalia levels of hunger that you resort to your ancestral canibbalsm.

oro yii po

baami, e dakun, e je bure
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Weathered: 3:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Wealth is measured by might and not how many inked Jewish paper you gathered from scheming.

Awo, showed you guys that by the power of the pen, we can easily turn you to Somalia levels of hunger that you resort to your ancestral canibbalsm.

conquered house slave!
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Khyrvxjzy: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
proeast:

Lol, yorubas and tribalism are like 5 & 6. They view everything through the lens of bigotry.

Mr Man, the price of fuel in Abuja is 618. It's higher in more extreme Northern cities like Maiduguiri, Sokoto, Kano etc.

Continue seeing everything as fight with Igbos, but know that before Igbos will start drinking garri your people will be eating grass already. We have far more shock absorbers than you guys.

Expect more skull mining and parents selling their children in your region cheesy

why are you insulting my tribe
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by sexyking1: 3:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

And after Awo shown them, they still grow better than your father to the extent of nearly buying your whole land? You cannot kill grace, you can only expand it. No matter the cost of food and fuel, an average igboman will always have plenty. I'm sure you can't boost of next meal, you are waiting for the next property Omo Igbo will buy so u can collect omonile money. My gen will always be on anytime there is no light! However, your people will always shout oga mi at my bus stop, and I'll drop for them as usual, at least to elevate them from poverty since you are okay with 8k per month.

4 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Metrofox(m): 3:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

Lol ugly and hate filled primitive beings. Igbos are the last to drink garri in ANY economy because they are productive and run businesses not 9-5 corruption filled civil service jobs with 80k and egunje to run down the economy.. unproductive leech .

2 Likes

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by abhosts(m): 3:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
ayo2008:

Some ignorant followers are quick to quote Obi and Atiku about fuel subsidy removal, but they they disclose the modalities for removing fuel subsidy? The answer is No!

Removing Subsidy is not the problem but what is the Govt doing to cushion the effect?

Judging from what is on ground thus far, APC has failed Nigerians again.... Corruption will always beget corruption...

Obi called fuel subsidy 'organised crime' that needs to go. Does that sound like someone who wanted to be methodical in removing it?
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Poske95(m): 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
HitlerWasRight:

You lie
Big time.....
The originators of rap didn't see hip hop get this far.....
The people of the Niger were already hustlers.....
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Khyrvxjzy: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
XerXers:

Consolation for lazy people. Continue waiting for Awos pen while your mud houses are collapsing on your heads due to your extreme poverty. Might is all about exertion of energy by the common people
This is the difference between you and us

see d way you are insulting my tribe, what is our offence.... is it because all yoruba did not vote for obi

stop d insult or we will do evil do u guys that will kill you million.....

stop insulting my tribe

whats our offence?
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Savechild23: 3:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
More she, 8,000 palliative will help me pay my house rent in Asokoro and pay my children school fees, eat and supplier my wife and families. Tinubu u2 mush!
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by HacheNoire: 3:28pm On Jul 18, 2023
Nteogwuija:

There are approximately 720,000 federal civil servants in Nigeria.

This is less than 0.4% of our population.

Even if we say a majority of this figure represents pillars of households in Nigeria, and then we factor in the households, it still wouldn't account for 10% of the population.

What happens to the magnitude rest? We should all eat grass, abi?

The trade unions and other workers union will follow suit.
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by SenatePresdo(m): 3:29pm On Jul 18, 2023
SalamRushdie:

You and who are we?

PDP should have stepped down for Obi to be their candidate. E for be easy win.

Atiku is not popular.

1 Like

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Sijo01(f): 3:31pm On Jul 18, 2023
Is it only Lagos and Abuja that have workers?..... What happened to workers in other 36 states of the federation

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Elnass7766(m): 3:32pm On Jul 18, 2023
😥😥
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by nairalanda1(m): 3:33pm On Jul 18, 2023
SenatePresdo:

You and who are we?

PDP should have stepped down for Obi to be their candidate. E for be easy win.

Atiku is not popular.

Obi should have stepped down for Atiku.

No offence, but the only party with the national reach to beat APC this year was PDP.

Yeah, Atiku is just as bad as Tinubu. But in politics, you go with what you have, not what you wish you had.

As an example, most of the people who voted Biden in the USA last time, most of them would have rather gone for someone else. But the Republicans had to be beaten, and as such unity was important. Ditto 2016, most of those who voted for trump would have chosen someone else...but at the end unity was better than disunity.

A divided opposition gave APC victory.(Unless the court says otherwise, but I am not holding my breath).

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by Card7: 3:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
SmartPolician:
If Tinubu could govern the richest state in Nigeria and his biggest achievement was leaving behind a plan for his successors, nobody should expect anything from him.

I live in Lagos, but I thank God I work remotely and online too. Before now, I'd budget 11k for 50-litre PMS for my gen per month. Now, 12k cannot even fill a 25-litre Jerry can. However, electricity has significantly improved - probably because we are in rainy season.

Hello, please how can I get remote jobs if you can send a mail or reply here I don't mind. I'm tired of Lagos traffic, stress and high cost of transportation.

Thanks in advance
Re: Fuel @ 618/litre: Who Will Save Workers In Lagos & Abuja? by SmartPolician: 3:37pm On Jul 18, 2023
sslcrypt:

This is just the plain truth. The obi movement were bunch of reckless and emotional bunch of no brains. I advocated for atiku then, everyone saw that APC was obviously scared of atiku more than labor because the northern states counted more. All the same here we are now.

You people should stop writing NONSENSE.

You should be asking your PPD why they allowed another northerner to contest after Buhari wasted 8 years in office.

Move on; this is the new reality.

Cc chrisxxx

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

SSS Raids Col. Bello Fadile’s Home, Seizes Computer Hard Drive / Nigerian Senate Mace Snatched By Invaders / Government Tompolo Congratulates Bola Tinubu On The Occasion Of His Inauguration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.