Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,295 members, 7,836,290 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 03:09 AM

Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? (21027 Views)

A Mistake At The Darkest Hour ,will Our Marriage Survive This??? / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by bukkysam(f): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Olagbara
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by jojokelechi(m): 4:22pm On Jul 18, 2023
It unfortunate that many have lost their sanity all because of green paper. Is it not the same family they left in Nigeria they're there hustling for?.

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Sososo(f): 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
Someone in my area did that and the nigerian wife was aware.
When he was done with all the runs and
Stuff, he came back to his family.

He is permanently in nigeria now.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by lifenajeje(m): 4:23pm On Jul 18, 2023
Some will take others won't

Some would be happy the other partner went to hustle so they don't care whatever means.

People full Nigeria wey no won Japa and to return to their houses after work na depression on its own.
God help us all.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by ednut1(m): 4:24pm On Jul 18, 2023
If as a woman you believe a man should be the sole provider it will fail. If as a man you believe in submission and not doing house chores it will fail shikena

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by HitlerWasRight: 4:26pm On Jul 18, 2023
My wife was against japa for the sole reason that she can't bear me working and spending most of my time out of the house.

Signed: retired man olosho.
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Dimaya: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
SouthSultan:
I don't know about Japa, but my family will survive relocation abroad with God's help.

amen o. but be sure before you go.

in the video, the guy said that his pastor and wife both remarried when they got to the us
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by finallybusy: 4:27pm On Jul 18, 2023
I saw this topic earlier. This is the refined version.

Why marry if you plan to japa? If married, why look elsewhere? Pointless.

4 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Gidah: 4:35pm On Jul 18, 2023
All the things we were enjoying before that makes some of us stay now don cost,na matter of time before we all sell anything we see and japa

1 Like

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by GboyegaD(m): 4:36pm On Jul 18, 2023
If you both marry right and for the right reasons, your marriage will surely survive.

Fortunately, of my many friends and acquaintances, I only know one couple who went through divorce. Others have been married with many currently married for over a decade. Does this mean people don't have issues, no! It only means marrying the right person will make it worthwhile making necessary sacrifices from both partners to make the marriage work.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by BigDawsNet: 4:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
Zigzagman:
Or Will S/he Marry Another?

When you talk to people who have relocated to the United States, It seems all is not as they make it out to be.

In this popular video, a Nigerian who left his family to relocate abroad confessed that most married Nigerians remarry once they get to the US and leave their spouses behind.

He even went on to state a few examples of popular public figures who have married an american partner to get papers without their followers in NIgeria being aware.

What are your thoughts? When you left Nigeria, did you marry another spouse for residency papers? How did your partner take it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiqIyuG0hM

The main reason is that... is not like they stop loving dia partner back home.. some must get marry to unable them get a legal residency...

1 Like

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Nobody: 4:41pm On Jul 18, 2023
I had a distant relative who married an older unattractive white woman for papers in the UK in the early 2000. He also had his wife from Nigeria come to to the UK at the time but the wife was on a visitors visa.

He had introduced his Naija wife as his sister to the Oyinbo lady. This white lady likes to show public affection with our guy and would kiss him in front of his " "alleged sister"- His wife

On one of those kisses, he complained to his Naija wife " Enu Obirin yi ma'n run ke" , meaning , this lady's mouth is so smelly.

Imagine, your husband being kissed by another woman for papers!

E get as E be!

5 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by KingOfAllIgbos: 4:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
Just close your eyes.

Someone will help you service your wife.

I am assisting one guy to do balancing and alignment for his half caste yamlegged wife.

She's praying he doesn't come home soon cos she moans my name everything I slam..balls deep grin
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Kobicove(m): 4:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
SMARTMOTORS:
Na why I never marry..cuz I know say I must marry oyibo!

Marrying someone from a different race and with a completely different upbringing and world view is very difficult work

5 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
So the see finish that people are getting married to over there in naija..how the marriage be??...my dear ready to explore that difficulty, u don't care so far the lady is not from Nigeria I will be more than happy!.... I don't even mind Mozambique, Thailand or even Jamaica do far it's not Nigerian!
Kobicove:

Marrying someone from a different race and with a completely different upbring and world view is very difficult work
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Akatta(m): 5:12pm On Jul 18, 2023
Why Staphylococcus Aureus should not be left untreated for too long in the body.

Staphylococcus aureus is the most dangerous of all bacteria.
It often causes skin infections (persistent skin rashes) but can also cause blood stream infection, pneumonia, heart valve infections, bone infections, respiratory tract infections.
The effect becomes even more dangerous when left untreated for years.
In such situations, it can cause;
1. Hotness of the body
2. Blockage of the fallopian tube
3. Headache
4. Body pains
5. Noisy stomach
6. Sleepless night
7. Lack of appetite
8. Frequent urination
9. Waist pain
10. Back pain
11. Internal heat
12. Confusion
13. Abdominal pain
14. Movement all over the body
15. Frequent discharge
16. Irregular monthly flow(for women)
17. Weakness of the body
18. Brain Infection
19. Frequent feeling of sickness
20. Male & Female Infertility
Our organic Capsule called PAFEB is specially formulated to address the issue of any chronic Resistant Infection.
With a Quick noticeable result within a few days.

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by RhodaNelly: 5:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin grin grin grin grin grin this is so hilarious....
That's one of those sacrifices.
Skyview01:
I had a distant relative who married an older unattractive white woman for papers in the UK in the early 2000. He also had his wife from Nigeria come to to the UK at the time but the wife was on a visitors visa.

He had introduced his Naija wife as his sister to the Oyinbo lady. This white lady likes to show public affection with our guy and would kiss him in front of his " "alleged sister"- His wife

On one of those kisses, he complained to his Naija wife " Enu Obirin yi ma'n run ke" , meaning This lady's mouth is so smelly.

Imagine, your husband being kissed by another woman for paper!

E get as E be!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by tonywonder(m): 5:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
KingOfAllIgbos:
Just close your eyes.

Someone will help you service your wife.

I am assisting one guy to do balancing and alignment for his half caste yamlegged wife.

She's praying he doesn't come home soon cos she moans my name everything I slam..balls deep grin

And you are proud about it? So woman don finish for dis life na person wife you dey ff.uck? I pity for you!

6 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by chineduisaac(m): 5:46pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko!! Someone should come and take me to Dubai. Nigeria yaff tire me!

LEEMAOO grin
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by MrsTwrite(f): 6:06pm On Jul 18, 2023
It's not all rosy.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by femmoy(m): 6:11pm On Jul 18, 2023
SMREXY:
The fear of your woman coming over to become someone else and ruining your plans has made a lot of men looked the other way.

Another constraint is that there is a higher possibility that your spouse's visa application might take a long time to get approved or might not even be approved after several attempt. Leaving you with either returning home or continuing the marriage/relationship on a long distance basis, which isn't easy as it may seem.

Absolutely 💯 correct.
Nothing but perfectly said,you spoke my mind.

1 Like

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by blackboy(m): 6:25pm On Jul 18, 2023
Do it at your own risk. But ppl prefer money than anything else. Well many ppl. I know a guy he is abroad. His wife and children are in Naija. This guy no set wear his wedding band again. Yes he keeps in touch with his family and sends them money but...the cold here no be here. Even the oyinbos no set stay alone. N.a. partner them get. Well it is a risk worth taking. Marriages won't crash but the boat will shake. Won't sink cause dollars will be coming in
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by okuta007: 6:42pm On Jul 18, 2023
while everyone is praying to japa, somewhere in Lebanon and China - a young entrepreneur with just $1,000 in his hand will arrive in Nigeria and become a millionaire in dollars in this same Nigeria you fled from after 10 years - you that japa after 10 years in white man’s land - bills will slap you left and right and you will be too lucky to have your residence papers and no land or a house to your name

then you will realize you bought yourself a dream —// God bless you, as you give up on your country to be enslaved by yourself in a foreign land cleaning poo 💩 of the old and sick …🤮

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by olisamax(m): 6:58pm On Jul 18, 2023
to me distance marriage is no marriage.its just a contract
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Bennysam: 6:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jovialjune1:
Men are most often than not the architect of their japa problem, they either marry white women to secure citizenship while forgetting their family at home, or they complain about change in character of wives when they know the head and tail mentality they use to have in Nigeria is not applicable abroad, they can't talk down on their wives because they will get same dosage right back, they can't throw their wives out of the home as they use to do and brag about it in Nigeria etc

The solution; learn to adapt to new environment and new laws, accept the fact that equality is their watchword over there, nobody send una papa with the biblical headship and submissiveness mantra, and lastly, domestic violence will send you to jail permanently, learn to insult and shout back at your wife when she insults and shout at you, or walk away, abi divorce, those presently doing it don't have 7 heads, they are living in peace with their spouse, if you can't cope because of the need to be macho or display ego on woman matter instead of focusing your attention on contributing positively to your new society, come back to naija and continue your kind of life, na ontop woman matter una dey kuku show strength before that's why the country is what it is today, issa simple stuffz 😉
It's a general issue, stop blaming men for everything

1 Like

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by nomolos92: 7:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
okuta007:
while everyone is praying to japa, somewhere in Lebanon and China - a young entrepreneur with just $1,000 in his hand will arrive in Nigeria and become a millionaire in dollars in this sane Nigeria you fled from after 10 years - you that japa after 10 years in white man’s land - bills will slap you left and right and you will be too lucky to have your residence papers and no land or a house to your name

then you will realize you bought yourself a dream —// God bless you, as you give up on your country to be enslaved by yourself in a foreign land cleaning poo 💩 from the old and sick …🤮

Lol, as if we don't know 1,000 USD is 773,000 naira, which Lebanese or Chinese entrepreneur comes in with such amount, to do which business?
You talk as tho you ain't in this country

4 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by KingOfAllIgbos: 7:40pm On Jul 18, 2023
tonywonder:

And you are proud about it? So woman don finish for dis life na person wife you dey ff.uck? I pity for you!

Pity yourself first. Might be your wife. grin
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by InvertedHammer: 7:59pm On Jul 18, 2023
/
Every good thing comes with a sacrifice.

It is delusional to want a perfect life without obstacles.

Perfect family, perfect marriage, perfect income, perfect environment. Dream on!

/

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by okuta007: 8:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
nomolos92:

Lol, as if we don't know 1,000 USD is 773,000 naira, which Lebanese or Chinese entrepreneur comes in with such amount, to do which business?
You talk as tho you ain't in this country

Have you ever played the game of ♟ chess ?

I doubt, no need to banter words with you!
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by jaxxy(m): 10:08pm On Jul 18, 2023
if u practice old school African marriage don't try it o
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Hdanny(m): 10:10pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko!! Someone should come and take me to Dubai. Nigeria yaff tire me!
What can you do in Dubai?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Slaps Wife And Got Her Blind (Snapshot) / My Son Lied To Us For Three Years, That He Was In The University. / His Parents Are Against Him For Wanting To Get His Own House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.