Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,826 members, 7,813,723 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 05:03 PM

Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? (20965 Views)

A Mistake At The Darkest Hour ,will Our Marriage Survive This??? / Financial Missteps That Could Ruin Your Marriage / 7 Clear Signs Your Marriage Is About To Crash (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Zigzagman: 2:02pm On Jul 18, 2023
Or Will S/he Marry Another?

When you talk to people who have relocated to the United States, It seems all is not as they make it out to be.

In this popular video, a Nigerian who left his family to relocate abroad confessed that most married Nigerians remarry once they get to the US and leave their spouses behind.

He even went on to state a few examples of popular public figures who have married an american partner to get papers without their followers in NIgeria being aware.

What are your thoughts? When you left Nigeria, did you marry another spouse for residency papers? How did your partner take it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiqIyuG0hM

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by EnglandAmaka(f): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Marriage is difficult, that’s no surprise. Part of the difficulty is learning to accept differences, and marrying someone from another country comes packaged with changes.

They have a unique belief system and may not be afraid to point how they believe your culture is wrong.

Acceptance is KEY

We can believe we are right so strongly that we will fight to the ends of the earth. Then find out we were wrong. This is the time to step back and admit our mistake. It may seem obvious but once you’re in that situation, it is very hard.
But in marriage it is vital.

Sometimes you may have to lose an argument. Yet, accepting that your partner or their family is right, or thinks they’re right, will save you many headaches and heartaches.

Every country is unique, incredible and right. Including you and yours. Marrying an American can be the best choice you ever make.

Follow Your Heart. Accepting how people from other cultures, including your partner, have different views than you is a great start to a happy marriage. So, if your heart is filled with love, take that chance. Let them get down on one knee and ask the question you’ve been waiting for.
Say yes!

Marry your American. Just understand they will be wrong. And so will you. But it’s worth every moment!

6 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Savechild23: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
No
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Ladiesdream: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by maureensylvia(f): 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yeah
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Darkmode64: 4:15pm On Jul 18, 2023
hmm
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Jennyclay(f): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Biko!! Someone should come and take me to Dubai. Nigeria yaff tire me!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Nobody: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
Men are most often than not the architect of their japa problem, they either marry white women to secure citizenship while forgetting their family at home, or they complain about change in character of wives when they know the head and tail mentality they use to have in Nigeria is not applicable abroad, they can't talk down on their wives because they will get same dosage right back, they can't throw their wives out of the home as they use to do and brag about it in Nigeria etc

The solution; learn to adapt to new environment and new laws, accept the fact that equality is their watchword over there, nobody send una papa with the biblical headship and submissiveness mantra, and lastly, domestic violence will send you to jail permanently, learn to insult and shout back at your wife when she insults and shout at you, or walk away, abi divorce, those presently doing it don't have 7 heads, they are living in peace with their spouse, if you can't cope because of the need to be macho or display ego on woman matter instead of focusing your attention on contributing positively to your new society, come back to naija and continue your kind of life, na ontop woman matter una dey kuku show strength before that's why the country is what it is today, issa simple stuffz 😉

17 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by TheBTCinvestor: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
embarassed
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by SMREXY(m): 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
The fear of your woman coming over to become someone else and ruining your plans has made a lot of men looked the other way.

Another constraint is that there is a higher possibility that your spouse's visa application might take a long time to get approved or might not even be approved after several attempts. Leaving you with either returning home or continuing the marriage/relationship on a long distance basis, which isn't easy as it may seem.

6 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by UcheKingsley1: 4:16pm On Jul 18, 2023
95% of men and women will say no (especially the ladies), they know that it's impossible, conji can cause them daily depression, that's where bestie helps. grin

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Chijeep(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
me I don't even believe in distance relationship not to talk of marriage.
I'LL RATHER CALL IT SEPARATION THAN MARRIAGE

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by damble: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Let's address this first. No be person wey get money dey japa?

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by iCauseTrouble: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
grin
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by DAYPEN: 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Yes
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by TERMlNATOR(m): 4:17pm On Jul 18, 2023
Waiting for APC supporters.....
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by sofeo(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Let's hear from other first.
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by qtguru(m): 4:18pm On Jul 18, 2023
Zigzagman:
Or Will S/he Marry Another?

When you talk to people who have relocated to the United States, It seems all is not as they make it out to be.

In this popular video, a Nigerian who left his family to relocate abroad confessed that most married Nigerians remarry once they get to the US and leave their spouses behind.

He even went on to state a few examples of popular public figures who have married an american partner to get papers without their followers in NIgeria being aware.

What are your thoughts? When you left Nigeria, did you marry another spouse for residency papers? How did your partner take it?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAiqIyuG0hM

There are other routes than marrying someone for passport, if someone marries someone else for paper, omo take am anyhow you see am.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by Dimaya: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
I know of a newly married couple with a baby who decided the wife should leave first and she wrote the man it was over after getting there. He is yet to get over it.

22 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by heykims(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Let's talk UK the most popular destination for Nigerians
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by concacid: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
undecided
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by SouthSultan(m): 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
I don't know about Japa, but my family will survive relocation abroad with God's help.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by sylve11: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na so e be.
cool
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by bennybuhari: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
If you can survive in Nigeria, you can survive anything

3 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by EDOSBROWN: 4:19pm On Jul 18, 2023
Jennyclay:
Biko!! Someone should come and take me to Dubai. Nigeria yaff tire me!
. Like seriously

2 Likes

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by wittywriter: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
New slang in town like the new sherrif in tow...JAPA

Wittyness

1 Like

Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by SMARTMOTORS(m): 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
Na why I never marry..cuz I know say I must marry oyibo!
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by RedpillAnalyst: 4:20pm On Jul 18, 2023
Another Dumbcast!

People calm down o, calm down o.
Re: Can Your Marriage Survive Japa? by obo389(m): 4:21pm On Jul 18, 2023
Things are happening

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

At Age 29 to 30 What First Marriage Or Education? / My Sister In Law Slapped Me / Man Puts Baby In Freezer To Stop Her From Crying

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.