Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,056 members, 7,818,166 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:21 AM

Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) (45713 Views)

Viral Bridesmaid Releases Phone Numbers Of Men Trying To Hookup With Her (Video) / Lady In Tears As She Says No To Her Boyfriend In Public Despite The Cameras(Pics / My Neighbour Is Showing Me Green Light Despite The Fact That She's Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Nsogbu001(m): 1:56pm On Jul 19, 2023
LEGALSER:

It’s just a game. Nothing more it has been done severally in weddings but you bloggers are making it sound and look totally different. Na game my guy
Okay bossman
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by CaptainFM1: 1:58pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nsogbu001:

If you dont like being sprayed money, I think your husband will be aware and won't do it. So is not an excuse

I just painted one example. There are millions of possible reasons that could account for what you see there. Unless you ask her directly anything else will be speculating. You get it?
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Nsogbu001(m): 1:59pm On Jul 19, 2023
CaptainFM1:

I just painted one example. There are millions of possible reasons that could account for what you see there. Unless you ask her directly anything else will be speculating. You get it?
Yeah. I got it
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by thatigboman: 2:02pm On Jul 19, 2023
Kk9ja:
Very funny. Forced marriage I guess
the op is mischievous. It's a culture in their traditional marriage. The lady will frown, they keep raining her money until she feels it's enough and smile.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by talented321: 2:03pm On Jul 19, 2023
Stop talking what u don't know, that is our tradition, she will laugh when she is satisfied with the spraying, or better still when she know the rbs don dey finish.
IconicR:
Maybe they just had a fight a day before the wedding . E no go pass say the man was caught cheating a day before the wedding, Nigerian men's penis are the most uncontrollable in the whole world.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by AfroBeatDiary: 2:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
She's not impressed, money can't buy a woman, her mind is with a vulcanizer and it will take grace for the marriage to last.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by talented321: 2:08pm On Jul 19, 2023
It is our tradition
muyico:
I smell skit
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Mamijoh(f): 2:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
😂 milk wey una dy share everywhere and has lost it's nutrients and value abegi
grin grin grin grin grin[color=#550000][/color]

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by CaptainFM1: 2:15pm On Jul 19, 2023
chris51:

It's Ijaw culture. She will smile when her people are satisfied that enough money has been sprayed

Nice one. Cool culture from Ijaw people. I will just collect everyone account no. and wire them 100K each. For me, the practice of spraying money openly is a no-no.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by dannyspeejay(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
WOMEN MEN FEAR BOTH
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by djkirkoo2(m): 2:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
IconicR:
Maybe they just had a fight a day before the wedding . E no go pass say the man was caught cheating a day before the wedding, Nigerian men's penis are the most uncontrollable in the whole world.
it's a normal tradition here in Bayelsa. You must spray enough cash before the bride would smile 😃
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 2:27pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nsogbu001:

Who is insulting the culture. We are talking about the lady. If it's the culture , u say it and keep quiet and that's it.
Stop saying someone is useless wen u don't know the person closely
your entire op was an insult on my culture yet you're still talking nonsense. If at your big age you don't know that an Ijaw bride is not expected to smile until she has been sprayed a lot of money by the groom and his family then there's something wrong with you and you shouldn't be making reports on other people's culture talk less of insulting them the way you did in your post. You insulted sotey, you insult bride wey no do you anything. Rubbish
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by kingslj: 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
madridguy:
Bless Jah we are blessed with active joy stick that is ready to attack at any point in time grin

Is either the former boyfriend is among the dignitaries and she has spotted him or she pregnant for another guy.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by naturefellow(m): 2:31pm On Jul 19, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's their tradition for a bride to frown for an extended period while she's sprayed with money by the groom, his family and friends.

The proper display of the custom during their traditional weddings is to appear unhappy as long as possible until she's satisfied with the money showered on her.

When she's satisfied, she will smile.

That's a very happy bride whose husband will be drunk with her pvssy juice during honeymoon.

A lovely couple.
this Tinubu boy, I don miss trolling you sha
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Babaibeji2020(m): 2:39pm On Jul 19, 2023
It's a tradition down here in some Ijaw marriages, the bride is counseled by her handlers not to smile in order for the groom's family to rain more money. The Mc will even be taunting the groom & family to make the bride smile 😃 if they're equal to the task of wifing her!
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by joshuaidibia(m): 2:43pm On Jul 19, 2023
madridguy:
Only God knows what's happening there but to me that is not a wedding ceremony.
No single affection or chemistry between them.

I pity the groom because him go see shege for that bride I'm seeing so.

Modified.

Thanks for the enlightenment.

This is how ijaws have their wedding. Nothing sinister as to what y'all are thinking and I believe the OP knows this already but yet came up with that misleading topic to gain traffic. A friend of mine who is from Bayelsa had to wear wig before she laughed.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by N3TRAL: 2:50pm On Jul 19, 2023
naturefellow:
this Tinubu boy, I don miss trolling you sha

How are you?
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Afriifa(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
richie240:
Someone dt was checking time on d day dts supposed to be her happiest?

Izdatwan 'part of d culture' too?
cool

I tell you as an Ijaw man oga.. Respect culture.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Afriifa(m): 2:53pm On Jul 19, 2023
Pityoobi:
This is the reason we shouldn’t judge people by our own standard alone. Sometime their culture is opposite of our own reality.
Exactly.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Afriifa(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
madridguy:
Thanks so much for educating us. I was pissed of with the video not knowing she's doing the right thing.
May God bless their union.

You are welcome
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Afriifa(m): 2:54pm On Jul 19, 2023
Astra101:

Wonderment! Wonderment!! Wonderment!!! shocked
This is so ooo wonderment!!! cheesy
Yes. That's how some Ijaw clans do it in the Niger Delta.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Afriifa(m): 2:55pm On Jul 19, 2023
madridguy:
Only God knows what's happening there but to me that is not a wedding ceremony.
No single affection or chemistry between them.

I pity the groom because him go see shege for that bride I'm seeing so.

Modified.

Thanks for the enlightenment. Welcome.

Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by richie240: 3:01pm On Jul 19, 2023
Afriifa:
I tell you as an Ijaw man oga.. Respect culture.
Just asking with no pun intended: I just want to know if the 'time_watching' is also part of the culture.....so I can be better educated.

**Our ppl talk say ''d person wey ask for direction nor dey miss road''**
cool
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by missidy: 3:05pm On Jul 19, 2023
Nigerians and reading meanings. She is obviously pregnant and stressed. Even my friend that was pregnant during her wedding hardly smiled that day. She was just managing to carry herself all through, we had to be encouraging her.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by CaseSensitive(m): 3:07pm On Jul 19, 2023
N3TRAL:
It's their tradition for a bride to frown for an extended period while she's sprayed with money by the groom, his family and friends.

The proper display of the custom during their traditional weddings is to appear unhappy as long as possible until she's satisfied with the money showered on her.

That's a very happy bride whose husband will be drunk with her pvssy juice during honeymoon.

A lovely couple.

I find it strange masquerading happiness with a sulky face and blasé demeanour but hey you learn something new everyday. With the bolded, do the men drink that too? Or you're trying to say she will later be wild for the husband and open like Kai's kitchen?
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Lightened: 3:10pm On Jul 19, 2023
Una no dey mind una business. This is a norm in their culture...it's common to the ijawmite

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Sijo01(f): 3:17pm On Jul 19, 2023
Unnecessary stress. Why not just drop the buddle of cash on her lap?
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by babytoun: 3:21pm On Jul 19, 2023
It is the tradition of the Izons . Nothing strange.

she is supposed to first be mute and frown. It is the guy's first assignment to make her smile and talk .

Mind you it's not just about money ,some guys will make her smile with just 1% of the money that guy sprayed.

Sharp guys will be adding jokes to the money being sprayed , in no time she will burst into laughter ....na there the real party start.

1 Like

Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Rosyfina(f): 3:22pm On Jul 19, 2023
Not everything is as you see it on Obasanjo’s internet
This isn’t a forced marriage, every tribe has what’s unique to them, the Yoruba groom prostrate and Edo brides are made to sit on their husband’s lap several times. We the ijaws, our husbands are meant to make us laugh by spraying money or whispering jokes, it doesn’t have to be so much. It’s the man’s duty to make his bride laugh/talk…
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by eteba(m): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
It's Izon tradition, once she smiles or laughs, the money rain stops.

2 Likes

Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by nedekid: 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
N3TRAL:

A lovely couple.
Exactly.
Re: Ijaw Bride Moody On Their Wedding Day Despite The Rain Of Money On Her (video) by Tonytonex(m): 3:23pm On Jul 19, 2023
She's probably a big girl too.
Money May not be her problem.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Trends Over Loved Up Photos With His Girlfriend / Wife Calls Out Facebook User Hanging Out With Her Husband, She Replies / Wise Romance Sayings From Falseprophet1

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.