Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,342 members, 7,836,412 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:24 AM

Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? (8405 Views)

President Buhari Stands Tall Amongst West African Leaders (photos) / Nigeria At 54: Nigerian Leaders So Far. / Just (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 6:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
igbo2011:

The Media is the 4th branch of the government:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GSfk0wLs4EE
It is amazing.

Wow!   cheesy
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 6:38pm On Oct 09, 2011
A collection of ancient Egptian religious text commonly known as "the book of the dead"  is definately where most of the quaran and the bible got there content from.

The Christ is the greatest known case of identity theft historians refuses to record; Horus is one of ancient Egypt's (around 1550 BCE to around 50 BCE) popular deities and his mother was known as Isis. I think you can figure where this is going,

Yes you are right, the story of Isis and Horus is (sparing insignificant detail) but a carbon copy of Jesus and Mary or Isa and Maryam.

Infact most of the "revelations" chapter in the king James version of the bible is a direct copy of the text in the "book of the dead"

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by merge(f): 6:40pm On Oct 09, 2011
What are we doing to put our ideas in action? Like minded people must work together. You can know all truth but no action make it useless.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 6:46pm On Oct 09, 2011
merge:

What are we doing to put our ideas in action?

Good question!

We can make great impact by spreading the word; exposure is half the battle. . .

furthermore, check this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773559.0.html#msg9304388
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Makbo: 6:50pm On Oct 09, 2011
Igbo2011, if I show you some videos of what's going on on the ground in Cote d'Ivoire, as African, you will cry  abonduntly and endlessly. As an exemple, Nigeria is sitting beside Cote d'Ivoire, but nigerians don't know about the truth on the ivorian crisis. The only sound you hear comes from western media.

In November 2004, France attempted a Coup d'Etat to otherthrow Laurent Gbagbo from power. At that time the election was over 2 years ago, so we di not have any elections issue.  The Ivorian Young Patriots with naked hands  stood before the french army's tanks to prevent them from reaching the presidential palace. The french militaries litteraly shot them with their  heavy war weaponeries. The AU shamefully and officially condemned the Ivorian people and did not utter any disapproval of french barbaric massacres. This story is very telling about the so called AU organization !!!!

In this video you can see Young Patriots  blocking  the way to french army.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6g03HItPQc&feature=related
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by merge(f): 6:55pm On Oct 09, 2011
Amujale:

Good question!

We can  make great impact by spreading the word; exposure is half the battle. . .

furthermore, check this thread: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773559.0.html#msg9304388

I think the best thing is start with ourselves. We have become people of talkers and no action.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 7:17pm On Oct 09, 2011
Makbo:

Igbo2011, if I show you some videos of what's going on on the ground in Cote d'Ivoire, as African, you will cry  abonduntly and endlessly. As an exemple, Nigeria is sitting beside Cote d'Ivoire, but nigerians don't know about the truth on the ivorian crisis. The only sound you hear comes from western media.

In November 2004, France attempted a Coup d'Etat to otherthrow Laurent Gbagbo from power. At that time the election was over 2 years ago, so we di not have any elections issue.  The Ivorian Young Patriots with Unclad hands  stood before the french army's tanks to prevent them from reaching the presidential palace. The french militaries litteraly shot them with their  heavy war weaponeries. The AU shamefully and officially condemned the Ivorian people and did not utter any disapproval of french barbaric massacres. This story is very telling about the so called AU organization !!!!

My advice is for you to create a video diary on youtube depicting every single event that took place. Please we want you to cover as much as possible without putting your life in danger or breaking the law 

The AU is not fit for purpose; there is need for a systematic change. Why do they answer to African Union when they cant even protect one of their own. Shame on the AU for allowing this to happen in this day an age.  angry angry angry

Please dont forget, if you cant film something, please make sure you take a photographic log. And always try to speak in your monther tongue NOT in French. Everything you do let there be an African back-up to it; all that you read here, i would implore you to spread it amongst your friends and tell them to spread it even further still.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 7:21pm On Oct 09, 2011
Makbo:

In November 2004, France attempted a Coup d'Etat to otherthrow Laurent Gbagbo from power. At that time the election was over 2 years ago, so we di not have any elections issue.  The Ivorian Young Patriots with Unclad hands  stood before the french army's tanks to prevent them from reaching the presidential palace. The french militaries litteraly shot them with their  heavy war weaponeries. The AU shamefully and officially condemned the Ivorian people and did not utter any disapproval of french barbaric massacres. This story is very telling about the so called AU organization !!!!

OMG, that video is sooo sad.  This made me cry sad This is why I HATE imperialism.  This is never shown in the western media.  But Africans fighting each other are.  I am happy for the Ivory Coast people they fought for their rights.  Some died but this has to be done.  We must die for neocolonialism.  But this is just depressing sad

merge:

I think the best thing is start with ourselves. We have become of people to talkers and no action.

I agree with you.  But show your family and friends that list: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773559.0.html#msg9304388 And tell them to tell their friends and other family.  This will set a good basis.  There are many people getting kidnapped.  They are not bad people they are doing it because they have no jobs.  This list will improve Nigeria's economy and reduce crime.  We must start NOW.

SEUN PLEASE PUT THE THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773559.0.html#msg9304388
IT IS BENEFICIAL FOR ALL OF NIGERIA!! IT WILL HELP THE ECONOMY!!
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 7:31pm On Oct 09, 2011
Amujale:

My advice is for you to create a video diary on youtube depicting every single event that took place. Please we want you to cover as much as possible without putting your life in danger or breaking the law 

The AU is not fit for purpose; there is need for a systematic change. Why do they answer to African Union when they cant even protect one of their own. Shame on the AU for allowing this to happen in this day an age.  angry angry angry

Please dont forget, if you cant film something, please make sure you take a photographic log. And always try to speak in your monther tongue NOT in French. Everything you do let there be an African back-up to it; all that you read here, i would implore you to spread it amongst your friends and tell them to spread it even further still.

Yes to be safe open up a fresh youtube account talking about Ivory coast. Do this all in an internet cafe then upload videos from there. But don't talk your name or put your face in the video. This will keep you safe.

The movement can start on the internet. It happened in Egypt, they started on the internet. Let' s move this to real life.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 8:19pm On Oct 09, 2011
Everybody needs to listen to Louis Farrahkan. Watch this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yr6iHd-1XUM&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL

He talks about how the media is biased to African countries. CNN< MSNBC, FOx News, etc. All of those news channels are biased. You need to have atleast 2 sources of news. Aljaezera isn't AS biased, also RussiaToday isn't as biased. The media is controlled by the government and corporations.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Tochi3(m): 8:47pm On Oct 09, 2011
Those that have contributed positively to this topic, I thank you greatly with utmost humility. I mean Amujale & Co. I Share your opinions and I support the idea of spreading the information to people around us,first and foremost.

We have to know our original history of Black Africa. History, full with great achievements that was destroyed or taken away and hidden or rewrote in history books. If we do not know our history, nothing will ever change. We all have to go back to the class rooms and I mean every one of us still alive to study our history.

''He who do not know true history is a lost one''.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Nobody: 11:35pm On Oct 09, 2011
African leaders are moved by greed and thrilled by whites. The other thing is that they don't know how to parley with the West for their nations interest.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Nobody: 11:39pm On Oct 09, 2011
all4naija:

African leaders are moved by greed and thrilled by whites. The other thing is that they don't know how to parley with the West for their nations interest.
Why not just call them ZOMBIES instead of all these ya long grammar ? grin
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by cap28: 12:29am On Oct 10, 2011
amujale and igbo 2011 i just want to thank you for your brilliant and insightful posts.

makbo - i couldnt watch your video clip to the end because it got me very upset and angry, the western media remain silent on the atrocities committed by the french in ivory coast, there has been a complete western media blackout on ivory coast in fact even an american US senator could not hide his disgust at what the french did in ivory coast:

[flash=200,200]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHwf3JrLpe0[/flash]

An entire town in libya inhabited by black people known as Tawergha in libya was ethnically cleansed by NATO rebels last month,  Sirte - Muammar Gadaffi's birthplace has had all food and water supply cut off from it by the NATO terrorists and it is currently under 24 hour bombardment from the air.

and yet we nigerians still think that the white man is our friend, we africans have a lot of work to do, not only do we need to overcome our mental enslavement we also need to build up a very powerful military so that we can defend ourselves as the americans intend to locate military bases all over africa (AFRICOM) in order to gain easy access to our natural resources, many african leaders were not in support of this but have caved in following NATO's recent invasion into libya.
i am really worried now as i feel time is really running out for us.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Amujale(m): 9:46am On Oct 10, 2011
cap28:

An entire town in libya inhabited by black people known as Tawergha in libya was ethnically cleansed by NATO rebels last month,  Sirte - Muammar Gadaffi's birthplace has had all food and water supply cut off from it by the NATO terrorists and it is currently under 24 hour bombardment from the air.

and yet we nigerians still think that the white man is our friend, we africans have a lot of work to do, not only do we need to overcome our mental enslavement we also need to build up a very powerful military so that we can defend ourselves,

How sick and twisted! angry angry angry
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by oladayo042: 11:03am On Oct 12, 2011
@OP, Amujale and Co, Keep it up.

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by thoth: 11:21pm On Nov 29, 2014
aljharem3:
African leaders are easy to influence because the people are not united so it is easy to remove the leader and put a new one there if their instructions are not met.

sad but simple.

Solution :- Nigeria should not separate because it would even be a lot easier for them to manipulate us better in our individual region or countries since there wouldn't be any scapegoat like IBB and co again but now the individual leaders would be causing inter ethnic battle and before you know it, the each country is in a civil war.

2. Kill leaders equally and arrest them equally.

3. Vote for a detribalised Nigerian !!! Not a president that said "igbos voted for me in the north" Who cares who voted for who ? do ur job

4. Nigerian should be more educated and exposed so they can see signs of these things

Exactly
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Nobody: 4:12am On Nov 30, 2014
Get real!
How can you expect any thread about neo-colonialism to reach the front page?
Dont you know any thread that is critical of white man, imperialism or neocolonialism never ever makes the front page of NL?
igbo2011:

OMG, that video is sooo sad.  This made me cry sad This is why I HATE imperialism.  This is never shown in the western media.  But Africans fighting each other are.  I am happy for the Ivory Coast people they fought for their rights.  Some died but this has to be done.  We must die for neocolonialism.  But this is just depressing sad

I agree with you.  But show your family and friends that list: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773559.0.html#msg9304388 And tell them to tell their friends and other family.  This will set a good basis.  There are many people getting kidnapped.  They are not bad people they are doing it because they have no jobs.  This list will improve Nigeria's economy and reduce crime.  We must start NOW.

SEUN PLEASE PUT THE THIS THREAD ON THE FRONT PAGE: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-773559.0.html#msg9304388
IT IS BENEFICIAL FOR ALL OF NIGERIA!! IT WILL HELP THE ECONOMY!!

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 7:55am On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari:
Get real!
How can you expect any thread about neo-colonialism to reach the front page?
Dont you know any thread that is critical of white man, imperialism or neocolonialism never ever makes the front page of NL?

Why not??
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Nobody: 8:46am On Dec 01, 2014
Well I can not find a single on neo-colonialism or any thread that criticises the white man that has ever made it on to the front page.
igbo2011:

Why not??

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 8:48am On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari:
Well I can not find a single on neo-colonialism or any thread that criticises the white man that has ever made it on to the front page.

Why dint you ask the moderators??
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Nobody: 8:57am On Dec 01, 2014
Ask them what?
igbo2011:

Why dint you ask the moderators??
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 9:04am On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari:
Ask them what?

Why dint they front page threads about Neocolonialism
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by Nobody: 9:08am On Dec 01, 2014
I have tried but I got no response.
igbo2011:

Why dint they front page threads about Neocolonialism
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 9:59am On Dec 01, 2014
GenBuhari:
I have tried but I got no response.
You need to become a mod do you can page critical threads.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by thoth: 2:13pm On Dec 01, 2014
when i think about opportunities like nairaland i always ask myself whether it worths more to make it popular and make personal gains or to make it popular and profit the nation.

I am in Nigeria at the moment and all around me people will always tell you how stupid you are seeking the well-being of the community. it's really sad cus that notion of "common good" or "all for one and one for all " is no longer there.
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 2:34am On Dec 02, 2014
thoth:
when i think about opportunities like nairaland i always ask myself whether it worths more to make it popular and make personal gains or to make it popular and profit the nation.

I am in Nigeria at the moment and all around me people will always tell you how stupid you are seeking the well-being of the community. it's really sad cus that notion of "common good" or "all for one and one for all " is no longer there.

Why not? What happened to working together for the community like it was prior to colonialism?
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by thoth: 2:18pm On Dec 02, 2014
igbo2011:

Why not? What happened to working together for the community like it was prior to colonialism?
Yeah like it used to be before colonialism before they subdued us and brought the useless religion they so much tout about ,that we took the Bible and swear then turn around and lie till devil squirms.
Before they started teaching us that our fathers were savages that can't pack their own shit and that all those truths formed from generations of living together ,guidelines which guarded there community and ensured that a neighbor has a certain level of trust and love for his neighborh, that ensured that people don't outrightly swindle others in business as they do these days, that ensured that disputes were settled with common sense and reason rather than the injustice that the current European system imposes on the communities,causing long lasting hatreds and open ended unjust settlements, they taught us all those ancient principles were wrong.
Before colonialism , that was before they went full scale with their concept of individualism and even made it fashionable to "not give a damn". Before the concept of "Ezi aha ka ego" became a laughing stock and "Onye ego bụ Eze " became the mainstay.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 12:33am On Dec 05, 2014
thoth:

Yeah like it used to be before colonialism before they subdued us and brought the useless religion they so much tout about ,that we took the Bible and swear then turn around and lie till devil squirms.
Before they started teaching us that our fathers were savages that can't pack their own shit and that all those truths formed from generations of living together ,guidelines which guarded there community and ensured that a neighbor has a certain level of trust and love for his neighborh, that ensured that people don't outrightly swindle others in business as they do these days, that ensured that disputes were settled with common sense and reason rather than the injustice that the current European system imposes on the communities,causing long lasting hatreds and open ended unjust settlements, they taught us all those ancient principles were wrong.
Before colonialism , that was before they went full scale with their concept of individualism and even made it fashionable to "not give a damn". Before the concept of "Ezi aha ka ego" became a laughing stock and "Onye ego bụ Eze " became the mainstay.

Why do we accept their religion and their ways of life including educating system? Why do we continue to engrave it even though it us certainly not working for us?

1 Like

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by thoth: 2:37pm On Dec 05, 2014
igbo2011:

Why do we accept their religion and their ways of life including educating system? Why do we continue to engrave it even though it us certainly not working for us?
The answer to these questions takes you right back to Colonialism(for how we came to accept it) and to neocolonialism (for why we still Practice it) .
People always think of Money and raw materials whenever neocolonialism is mentioned but the truth is that such exploitation cannot be sustained if only our economy is on stranglehold, the people will wake up and overhaul the system, or they could perpetually fight till the Colonists gets worn out (Afghanistan etc) .
There must be "support systems" or auxiliaries which creates the condition for sustaining such atrocities, auxiliaries in the form of Religious Colonialism, Academic Colonialism, Cultural Colonialism, these three factors is what shapes the society and once you have a hold on it you will have a hold on that society, some people summarily term a situation whereby the colonists are in control of all three as "Mental Enslavement" , "Psychological Domination" etc but i strongly believe it serves more positive purpose to isolate it into three , it helps in defining the problems which are to be solved.
The Pan Africanist that does not understand this order of things will always get stuck while trying to find a solution since what he sees around him will not make sense, he would ask himself why are African leaders so scared of them since you don't see any European standing army in those countries and any military strategist will tell you that attacking a populous nation like Nigeria (above 150 million) does not make military sense, why then ?? He would wonder how less than 2000 French soldiers in Ivory Coast will overpower a whole nation and install a puppet president for them , he would wonder why Africans will still seek advices from Europeans after it became evident time after time that they don't have our best interest at heart .
There are many examples like the one above and none of them will make sense if you just look at imperialism from an economic angle hence the Panafrican make same mistakes over and over and his enemies just knew which trap he is going to fall at every corner.
There is certain form of Colonialism that deserves a class of its own, Information Colonialism.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 4:24pm On Dec 05, 2014
thoth:

The answer to these questions takes you right back to Colonialism(for how we came to accept it) and to neocolonialism (for why we still Practice it) .
People always think of Money and raw materials whenever neocolonialism is mentioned but the truth is that such exploitation cannot be sustained if only our economy is on stranglehold, the people will wake up and overhaul the system, or they could perpetually fight till the Colonists gets worn out (Afghanistan etc) .
There must be "support systems" or auxiliaries which creates the condition for sustaining such atrocities, auxiliaries in the form of Religious Colonialism, Academic Colonialism, Cultural Colonialism, these three factors is what shapes the society and once you have a hold on it you will have a hold on that society, some people summarily term a situation whereby the colonists are in control of all three as "Mental Enslavement" , "Psychological Domination" etc but i strongly believe it serves more positive purpose to isolate it into three , it helps in defining the problems which are to be solved.
The Pan Africanist that does not understand this order of things will always get stuck while trying to find a solution since what he sees around him will not make sense, he would ask himself why are African leaders so scared of them since you don't see any European standing army in those countries and any military strategist will tell you that attacking a populous nation like Nigeria (above 150 million) does not make military sense, why then ?? He would wonder how less than 2000 French soldiers in Ivory Coast will overpower a whole nation and install a puppet president for them , he would wonder why Africans will still seek advices from Europeans after it became evident time after time that they don't have our best interest at heart .
There are many examples like the one above and none of them will make sense if you just look at imperialism from an economic angle hence the Panafrican make same mistakes over and over and his enemies just knew which trap he is going to fall at every corner.
There is certain form of Colonialism that deserves a class of its own, Information Colonialism.

African are weakest men in the world. Sit around paying all day to sky daddy to solve our problems. Smh
https://www.nairaland.com/1932006/why-african-men-weak
Re: Why Are African Leaders So Easy To Influence? by igbo2011(m): 6:14pm On Dec 05, 2014
Also @thoth I love the way you think, I wish more people had your mindset. More people in Africa need to understand white supremacy like you do.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kidnapped Anambra Monarch 'Igwe-Eze' Freed / Jonathan Describes Boko Haram As Uncivilised / 24-hour Curfew Imposed In Yobe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.