Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,153 members, 7,821,924 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:55 PM

Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? (2026 Views)

Help Me: Please Is This Lady Telling Lies? / Man With A Bad Breath Telling A Lady He Can Upgrade Her. See Her Reaction / A Video Of Nigerian Lady Telling Other Ladies Not To Be Stingy With Their Breast (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 10:30pm On Jul 21, 2023
There was a time when I was visiting someone in Greenwich. While I was there, I wanted to snack on something and noticed that the University of Greenwich café was conveniently nearby, so I decided to head there for a snack. Once I arrived, I placed my order, but the attendant informed me that card payment was required. I explained to him that I didn't have a card. A male voice spoke from behind me and offered to pay for my order. He stepped forward, approaching the attendant. The moment I laid eyes on him, I felt an instant liking. He was speaking directly to the attendant. I turned to him and said, "I'll refund the money to you in cash." He turned towards me with a smile and replied, "Don't worry about it." I couldn't even decline his offer.

I just liked him; it wasn't because he paid for my snacks. He wasn't the first guy to offer such a gesture. My mind persistently urged me to ask for his number, but I continually reminded myself that, as a lady, I should not make the first move. So, I just watched him walk away.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Omoawoke: 10:51pm On Jul 21, 2023
Your make up looks like you are wearing a mask, dude must have been so terrified he had to run away from you.

3 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by fyzaila: 11:01pm On Jul 21, 2023
Next time insist on an appreciation call.

2 Likes

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by qtguru(m): 11:10pm On Jul 21, 2023
It usually comes from the wrong person, and the awkwardness of not being a bad person but being direct enough to say no. It now makes us feel bad.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Figger(m): 11:23pm On Jul 21, 2023
Omoawoke:
Your make up looks like you are wearing a mask, dude must have been so terrified he had to run away from you.
no be lie, too much make over, looking like that masquerade wey Flavor dey always sing about "ijele"

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 11:29pm On Jul 21, 2023
Omoawoke:
😂🤣🤣He must have been "so terrified" that he had to pay for me.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 11:33pm On Jul 21, 2023
Figger:
no be lie, too much make over, looking like that masquerade wey Flavor dey always sing about "ijele"
😂🤣🤣Masquerade wey guys dey look for, dey play.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Omoawoke: 11:36pm On Jul 21, 2023
Merry100:

😂🤣🤣He must have been "so terrified" that he had to pay for me.

Lol no vex, your dp has too much make up, try to show more of your natural beauty

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 11:47pm On Jul 21, 2023
Omoawoke:

You mentioned he was standing behind you, so when he eventually saw your face, he could not wait to find the exit
I think you meant he couldn't wait to find his wallet, Olodo read the post well before you comment.
Merry100:

I turned to him and said, "I'll refund the money to you in cash." He turned towards me with a smile and replied, "Don't worry about it."
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 11:49pm On Jul 21, 2023
Omoawoke:

Lol no vex, your dp has too much make up, try to show more of your natural beauty
Come and help me to adjust it.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Omoawoke: 12:08am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:

Come and help me to adjust it.

Oya bring am come. Lol…

You suppose fine naturally, that make up too much na
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 12:14am On Jul 22, 2023
Omoawoke:

Oya bring am come. Lol…

You suppose fine naturally, that make up too much na
🤣😂😂🤣Nah my makeup pepper you reach this, it is well o.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Omoawoke: 1:23am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:

🤣😂😂🤣Nah my makeup pepper you reach this, it is well o.

Walahi e pain me, you dey hide your fine face under make up mask

ShowUsYourRealFace
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 1:33am On Jul 22, 2023
Omoawoke:

Walahi e pain me, you dey hide your fine face under make up mask

ShowUsYourRealFace
Kilode, see as you dey cry on top another pesin matter, all these your tears just dey sweet me, keep on crying.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Omoawoke: 1:34am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:

Kilode, see as you dey cry on top another pesin matter, all these your tears just dey sweet me, keep on crying.

If you can get a bucket, I’d cry inside for you…. Wicked girl
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 1:35am On Jul 22, 2023
Omoawoke:

If you can get a bucket, I’d cry inside for you…. Wicked girl
🤣😂🤣🤣🤣See how this one dey quick vex.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Omoawoke: 1:40am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:

🤣😂🤣🤣🤣See how this one dey quick vex.

Show us your real face is a simple request… why can’t you just do that faa…. You fine but use makeup cover am
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Luckysbab: 2:59am On Jul 22, 2023
Omoawoke:

grin cheesy
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by MarketDispatch: 4:03am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:
There was a time when I was ust watched him walk away.

..but then, the guy might not be into you and just offered to help you pay due to the constraint you had at the time, or he had a girlfriend.

If he was into you, he'd have asked for your number, but then nothing stopped you from asking for his...next time, ask... So you won't get home and start turning around on your Pillow.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Kingnelson9: 6:45am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:
There was a time when I was visiting someone in Greenwich. While I was there, I wanted to snack on something and noticed that the Greenwich University café was conveniently nearby, so I decided to head there for a snack. Once I arrived, I placed my order, but the attendant informed me that card payment was required. I explained to him that I didn't have a card. A male voice spoke from behind me and offered to pay for my order. He stepped forward, approaching the attendant. The moment I laid eyes on him, I felt an instant liking. He was speaking directly to the attendant. I turned to him and said, "I'll refund the money to you in cash." He turned towards me with a smile and replied, "Don't worry about it." I couldn't even decline his offer.

I just liked him; it wasn't because he paid for my snacks. He wasn't the first guy to offer such a gesture. My mind persistently urged me to ask for his number, but I continually reminded myself that, as a lady, I should not make the first move. So, I just watched him walk away.

Now you can't stop thinking about him , you lost him because of pride , you have learned your lesson
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by skj1377(m): 6:55am On Jul 22, 2023
This person may be a yahoo boy. The picture of a lady and 2023 registration date looks suspicious. Besides , billing will start once you call or contact her. The issue is according to her she is not in Nigeria so it's not like you can invite her over. Yahoo boys are scamming locally these days since Facebook has blocked IP from Nigeria. Guys be careful.
Merry100:
There was a time when I was visiting someone in Greenwich. While I was there, I wanted to snack on something and noticed that the Greenwich University café was conveniently nearby, so I decided to head there for a snack. Once I arrived, I placed my order, but the attendant informed me that card payment was required. I explained to him that I didn't have a card. A male voice spoke from behind me and offered to pay for my order. He stepped forward, approaching the attendant. The moment I laid eyes on him, I felt an instant liking. He was speaking directly to the attendant. I turned to him and said, "I'll refund the money to you in cash." He turned towards me with a smile and replied, "Don't worry about it." I couldn't even decline his offer.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by okoroemeka(m): 7:05am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:

next time don't hesitate,ask for his number,your happiness is most critical and nowadays men needs more prodding to stir them into action

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Earthstorms(m): 7:14am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:

A lady once told my friend that she likes him, they are married now with kids.

So nothing wrong in telling a guy you like him. However, just be clear on what you want from him and work for what you want.

Also understand the risk that comes with such proclamation, the guy can turn down your offer.

Some guys might also pretend to return the likeness, only to act selfish.

If your intentions are noble, nothing wrong in a lady initiating a friendship.

1 Like

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by immortalmortal: 7:44am On Jul 22, 2023
No
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by id4sho(m): 8:22am On Jul 22, 2023
Merry100:

Your exported Nigerian girls madness. Next time, he won't eat you up
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Baronthecelebri: 8:26am On Jul 22, 2023
As you pack make up fool face.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 9:03am On Jul 22, 2023
MarketDispatch:

..but then, the guy might not be into you and just offered to help you pay due to the constraint you had at the time, or he had a girlfriend.

If he was into you, he'd have asked for your number, but then nothing stopped you from asking for his...next time, ask... So you won't get home and start turning around on your Pillow.

Thanks for the advice, but I'm not missing the guy - it happened a long time ago. There are times when guys admire ladies or compliment them without asking for their number, and some even stare continuously or smile. The question that truly matters is, 'Is there anything wrong with a lady telling a guy that she likes him? It is a general question o; I am not the focus.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by SporaD8: 9:58am On Jul 22, 2023
MarketDispatch:

As simple as,"just ask he won't bite!" ...but trust Naija girls to always wear about their archaic mannerism like skin even in a foreign setting!
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by pansophist(m): 10:59am On Jul 22, 2023
No there is nothing wrong asking a man out, just that you can't have sun without rain.

So you must also be able to accept rejection like a man. Women by nature don't handle rejection very well, a feature of being the weaker vessel.

One factor shared by girls that don't like me even bothering hate is because they shoot their shot and I rejected. So I'm speaking from personal experience. Women do not handle being unwanted very well.

So if you want to enjoy masculine privilege of being the initiator, then you must accept the consequences of being rejected. They go hand in hand.

It might surprise you to know that for most men, rejection is our default state. Female acceptance is not the norm, it's like a miracle. You're a woman, ask yourself. Of all the men asking you out, how many do you like and accept?

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 11:05am On Jul 22, 2023
skj1377:
This person may be a yahoo boy. The picture of a lady and 2023 registration date looks suspicious. Besides , billing will start once you call or contact her. The issue is according to her she is not in Nigeria so it's not like you can invite her over. Yahoo boys are scamming locally these days since Facebook has blocked IP from Nigeria. Guys be careful.
Yahoo boy una. Be like say dey dun scam you well. I ask your papa for money?
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 11:07am On Jul 22, 2023
🤣🤣🤣See as dem dey cry on top makeup, continue crying, these your tears dey sweet my body. Cry more biko. Me wey no get time for wahala, I don use your comments do sound track, I just dey dance for my living room.
Re: Is There Anything Wrong With A Lady Telling A Guy That She Likes Him? by Merry100: 11:39am On Jul 22, 2023
Earthstorms:

A lady once told my friend that she likes him, they are married now with kids.

So nothing wrong in telling a guy you like him. However, just be clear on what you want from him and work for what you want.

Also understand the risk that comes with such proclamation, the guy can turn down your offer.

Some guys might also pretend to return the likeness, only to act selfish.

If your intentions are noble, nothing wrong in a lady initiating a friendship.

Thanks for the advice.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Viral Video Of A Curvy Lady Twerking For An Old Man / She's 15 Years Older / Nigerians Guys Back Home . . Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.