Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,764 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! (9442 Views)

Is It Ever Acceptable For A Man To Hit A Woman? / Is It Acceptable For My Girlfriend To Beat Me Up? / 10 Signs He's Not Going To Propose Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Princek12(m): 4:45am On Oct 08, 2011
My Nairaland brethren, imagine this scenario. A lady is dating a guy who has not proposed to her. She has been dating him for, say, five years and has been patiently waiting for the day he presumably gets on his knees and pops the question. This day, however, has yet to come, and she is running out of patience. Hmmm! What to do, what to do? She decides to take matters into her own hands: she decides that she will get on her knees and pop the question. One day while she and her boyfriend are having dinner in a fancy restaurant, she, in the presence of her friends, kneels down and proposes to him, and he says yes.

Now to the issue. I understand that many women claim that what a man can do, a woman can do better, so do you think those women are better at proposing to their boyfriends? Moreover, nowadays, women are making good money and working in careers in which their predecessors could not work, so do you think that this new found economic power changes the dynamics of a man-woman relationship, allowing women to deviate from traditional norms and propose to men? In addition, many women do not even change their names after marriage, so do you think that same rationale can be applied to women asking their boyfriends for their hand in marriage?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Agybabe(f): 7:37am On Oct 08, 2011
african china has said it all. If u luv sm1, tell d person cos no crime in it. Bt i hope d guy doesn't misbehave @ d long run. @poster Who wil finance d wedding?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Andrew3(m): 8:58am On Oct 08, 2011
Why not? If they claim to love each other shouldnt be a big deal, but not proposing as per say, maybe
just a hint that patience is not one of her virtues grin grin grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 08, 2011
Independent Women, 21st Century women, women fighting for equal rights, women fighting against gender compartmentalization and marginalization, and then when it comes to Women proposing to men, they back slide? Hell NO! It is acceptable! Any woman that says it's not acceptable is quintessentially hypocritical!. . . . Atleast, the guy in the example said yes! That's a step in the right trajectory! cool
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Freiburger(m): 9:57am On Oct 08, 2011
For God sake what is wrong in that?
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Sijo01(f): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2011
Since d guy wz nt man enough 2do, wt do u expect.
kudos 2d chick jare!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 5:18pm On Oct 08, 2011
[size=15pt][color=#990000][/color]Times are changing anybody can propose to anybody simple[/size]
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Barrywhite8620: 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
sexkillz:

Independent Women, 21st Century women, women fighting for equal rights, women fighting against gender compartmentalization and marginalization, and then when it comes to Women proposing to men, they back slide? Hell NO! It is acceptable! Any woman that says it's not acceptable is quintessentially hypocritical!. . . . Atleast, the guy in the example said yes! That's a step in the right trajectory! cool

u've said it all cool
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by IbroSaunks(m): 5:37pm On Oct 08, 2011
yikes! well traditionally its weird, but otherwise, , i think its ok, 5 years is enough for 'em to get to know each other. major paradigm shift!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Orikinla(m): 5:39pm On Oct 08, 2011
[size=28pt]Capital NO![/size]

If she should do so, trust the man to use it to insult her one day.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by NET1(m): 6:02pm On Oct 08, 2011
Common people, this is 2011 - not 1211. What's really wrong in it? @Orikinla, I would not use this to insult her anyday. If I dont want her, I'd just tell her politely that it cannot work. also, realize they've been dating for 5 years now, so they know each other very well.

.NET
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by iice(f): 6:08pm On Oct 08, 2011
To each his/her own. I would. I no send grin
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 6:10pm On Oct 08, 2011
iice:

To each his/her own. I would. I no send grin
[size=20pt]i know u would to Alexandar Skarsgard[color=#990000][/color][/size]
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by iice(f): 6:11pm On Oct 08, 2011
grin Right
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 6:12pm On Oct 08, 2011
iice:

grin Right
LMAO
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by MrsChima1(f): 6:15pm On Oct 08, 2011
It's 2011 and many things aren't the same.   A woman proposing to you isn't the end of the world.   undecided  

Some women do not want to wait and will make the first move.  

(getting on one knee and holding okada tire ring)  

Would you marry me, Sexkillz?  (looking innocent and sweet)
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2011
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 6:17pm On Oct 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

It's 2011 and many things aren't the same.   A woman proposing to you isn't the end of the world.   undecided  

LOL
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by BABE3: 6:18pm On Oct 08, 2011
It's acceptable; so far she knows that proposing to her man mean she's asking for his hand in marriage<---Which implies that; she has to take the role of the man henceforth;

1) She's getting the ring (of course).

2) Her family and her are gonna be ones to visit the guy's family (for "introduction" and all).

3) She's paying the groom price.

3) The guy should walk down the aisle; "Here comes the groom, all dressed in black"; "You may kiss the groom".

4) Her husband is taking her last name. (optional).

5) Her husband and her kids are her "responsibilities".

E.t.c.

1 Like

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by MrsChima1(f): 6:23pm On Oct 08, 2011
BABE!:

It's acceptable; so far she knows that proposing to her man mean she's asking for his hand in marriage<---Which implies that; she has to take the role of the man henceforth;

2) Her family and her are gonna be ones to visit the guy's family (for "introduction" and all).

3) The guy should walk down the aisle; "Here comes the groom, all dressed in black"; "You may kiss the groom".

E.t.c.

Baby girl, you do know gladiators are coming right?  You mentioned the forbidden words.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 6:25pm On Oct 08, 2011
[size=15pt]Oh Grow Up Just because a woman Proposed thats no reason for all that to happen after all if he says yes that means he is equally intrested in getting Married to Her whatever happens a[/size]
BABE!:

E.t.c.

Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nickydrake(m): 6:28pm On Oct 08, 2011
Who wil finance d wedding?

Same thing i'm wondering. Proposing is a lot more than asking for marriage, it is a declaration of devotion and an affirmation of capability. So if a girl proposes, guy says yes, what next? He calls his banker and asks for his financial statement or she begins to raise funds? Just my thoughts anyway.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by BABE3: 6:32pm On Oct 08, 2011
eghost247:

Oh Grow Up Just because a woman Proposed thats no reason for all that to happen after all if he says yes that means he is equally intrested in getting Married to Her whatever happens a

Lol-- Ait Ait.

If I ask you ask out on a date, who are you expecting to pay for the "expenses" ? 
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
BABE!:

Lol-- Ait Ait.

If I ask you ask out on a date, who are you expecting to pay the "expenses" ? 

[size=15pt]Baby Girl a date is totaly diffrent thing afterall even if your proposed to or u propose to someone it all boils down to the fact that but of u want to Getmarried to eachother  [/size]
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 6:33pm On Oct 08, 2011
BABE!:

E.t.c.

grin grin grin grin grin
this is one forward-looking gal
cool cool cool cool cool
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by BABE3: 6:40pm On Oct 08, 2011
eghost247:

Baby Girl a date is totaly diffrent thing afterall even if your proposed to or u propose to someone it all boils down to the fact that but of u want to Getmarried to eachother 

Baby Boy, if that's the case, then why does the man, after proposing, automatically take those roles I listed?

I don't think you guys know the meaning of asking someone to officially come into your life -- that automatically makes you the HOST!
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by donguutti: 6:44pm On Oct 08, 2011
yes, it would be acceptable ,but not now maybe in the near future, 21st century women liver neva reach for that kind of action. how would she tell her friends about the proposal
"i knelt down, looked into his eyes and asked him, would u marry me" grin grin

@orinkinla "chi" wouldn't it be nice if a lady proposes to you, cheesy grin at least to get u off the market

BTW would the guy wear the diamond engagement ring if yes, then am for it.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by BABE3: 6:45pm On Oct 08, 2011
donguutti:

BTW would the guy wear the diamond engagement ring if yes, then am for it.

grin Orisirisi.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 6:47pm On Oct 08, 2011
BABE!:

Baby Boy, if that's the case, then why does the man automatically take those roles I listed after proposing?

I don't think you guys know the meaning of asking someone to officially come into your life -- that automatically makes you the HOST!

[size=15pt]Cupcake Your Looking at it from a diffrent angle it takes two to tangle [/size]
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by kabukabu(m): 6:55pm On Oct 08, 2011
BABE!:

E.t.c.

Wow
hold onto your horses lady grin, a woman proposing to her man doesn't automatically mean he is exempt from his male duties, perhaps he could be a tad undecided and just needed the extra ooomph from his lady.

Relax.
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by eghost247(m): 6:57pm On Oct 08, 2011
kabukabu:

Wow
hold onto your horses lady grin, a woman proposing to her man doesn't automatically mean he is exempt from his male duties, perhaps he could be a tad undecided and just needed the extra ooomph from his lady.

Relax.
[size=60pt]TELL THEM[/size]
Re: Is It Ever Acceptable For A Woman To Propose To A Man! by Nobody: 7:03pm On Oct 08, 2011
Mrs, Chima:

SMH! Okada tire ring is all you can afford? So much for an independent lady! grin grin Anywayz, cross out the Mrs from your name, and i'm game! cool cool

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Celebrating Valentine With Your Partner In A Long Distance Relationship? / My Boyfriend Gives Me Money Based On The Round Of Sex / Why Do Guys Stalk On Their Exes On Social Media

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.