Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,701 members, 7,820,448 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:08 PM

Should I Break Up With Her ? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Should I Break Up With Her ? (2112 Views)

How Do I Break Up With Her? / Do I Break Up With Him? / How Do I Break Up With Her In A Polite Manner? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Break Up With Her ? by Bigheart007: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2023
I have been dating this girl for like 2 years now. When we started dating, she was a private school teacher. She was always complaining about the job being too stressful and the salary not worth the stress. I was always supporting her financially the best I can to pay her rent and feeding. In January this year, We agreed she resigns from the teaching job and come live with me while she searches for another job.

For over six months she was living with me, I was catering to her every need as she was jobless. She was behaving all good, humble, and nice. I felt we were a perfect match. I even went to see her family to collect the marriage list and we planned on a wedding around November.

Recently, a relative of hers who has a level in Government asked her to send him her Curriculum vitae to get her a federal job in one of the ministries. I was so happy for her. From the look of things, she might be earning more than me.

To cut the story short. Last Saturday I gave her money to go to a computer center and scan the necessary documents for her said relative for the job. She left the house around 10 am to do that, but when she came back around noon, she was entirely a different person. When I opened the door for her, she just walk past me without a word. I asked her if she succeeded in sending the documents, but she ignored me. Next, she started complaining about how dirty the house is and why I didn't sweep, clean, and cook something she will eat when she comes back. She was just walking up and down the house angrily. She said I should better start learning to help out with the house chores as I wouldn't expect her to do it all when she starts work soon. She even threatened that she will get her own house when she starts to work as she doesn't want me adding to her stress.

I was dumbfounded by her sudden change of attitude. We had a heated argument like we have never had before. She said so many hurting words to me that I can't say here.

I'm beginning to have a double mind toward her as it regards marriage. I feel like she just showed me her true color. She is yet to get an employment letter for the job and yet she is already acting up and looking down on me. What would happen when she now gets an employment letter to resume the job?

I'm confused about whether to continue with her or if I should end it all for my peace of mind. sad
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Taylor90: 8:58am On Jul 25, 2023
God is indeed merciful

I wish Gods position was electable or has duration of reign I for say make God step down make i be God for 5minutes terminate that her job and watch her suffer since she’s an ingrate

OP you don already see what’s ahead naa

She never even get job she don dey shadow ban you from day one

Imagine she didn’t get a job and out of pity and love you send her go do masters for UK

As she reach Nigeria airport she go just block you

Women are wicked and her type will end up with someone that will make her curse love

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Curious345: 9:02am On Jul 25, 2023
Marry her . Life is too short .

Divorce option is always available

2 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Taylor90: 9:06am On Jul 25, 2023
Curious345:
Marry her . Life is too short .

Divorce option is always available

I rather marry Fulani herds woman than marry this girl

If OP was your brother and explained all these to you will you let him marry her?

Imagine OP losses his own job on future

The shege this babe go shown am go bloody

13 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Vijuchoco(f): 9:09am On Jul 25, 2023
Some people are lucky sha.. Chai! This life no really balance.

Better man, yeye woman angry

11 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by bouncin04(m): 9:11am On Jul 25, 2023
grin
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Curious345: 9:14am On Jul 25, 2023
Ok since you're stiffed neck . I advised you to marry her . But you're yet to heed my advise..

So , before you break up with her , send me her phone number , I'll like to date her . Then you can.beak.up with her .. my number is in my siggy

3 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:16am On Jul 25, 2023
Hmmmm nkan be

Humility is a virtue that is truly known when we have it all or think we have it all.

Never believe anyone is humble especially when they depend on you.

Sometimes they take shit from you and won't confront you because of fear of losing the comfort.

Maybe she has put up with lots of your shit.
Maybe she tried to correct you but you refuse to listen to her because you pay the bills.
Maybe she feels she has no say because she is jobless.
Maybe she is only comfortable with your excesses because she has nothing to offer.

Maybe her ideal man is not you and she feels when she gets a job she will attract better men.

This is not limited to women.
It is human nature.

I put up a lot with my bro too.
I felt I had no say.
Any argument we have I had to reserve my comments because I was thinking this guy coul punish me with money.

Until I left and came back then as equal. I had my say and stood my ground.

Maybe that is what is happening.

There is nothing you can do about it.

Except you are extra observant and try not make her feel that way.

E hard.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Jennyclay(f): 9:21am On Jul 25, 2023
Did you sit her down to know why the sudden attitude? What makes you think it’s the government job that is not even guaranteed that’s making her upset with you

She has been with you for 2 years and just this first misunderstanding you are already thinking of break-up undecided. Just tell us you’re seeing someone else and we’ll understand. We know your type. Bunch of Randy men!!

Why would you leave your house so dirty and unkempt? Even though you’re spending millions on her that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take your personal hygiene serious. Maybe she can’t deal with your dirtiness anymore.

Must you wait till she return to come do the house chores for you

2 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by slimjohn2k5: 9:21am On Jul 25, 2023
One day quarrel and u r rethinking
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Freelancerr(m): 9:22am On Jul 25, 2023
Ok
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Bigheart007: 9:23am On Jul 25, 2023
Taylor90:
God is indeed merciful

I wish Gods position was electable or has duration of reign I for say make God step down make i be God for 5minutes terminate that her job and watch her suffer since she’s an ingrate

OP you don already see what’s ahead naa

She never even get job she don dey shadow ban you from day one

Imagine she didn’t get a job and out of pity and love you send her go do masters for UK

As she reach Nigeria airport she go just block you

Women are wicked and her type will end up with someone that will make her curse love

Thank you my brother for your input. Much appreciated.
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Dyfynezz12(m): 9:23am On Jul 25, 2023
No need to have double mind about marrying her.The truth of the whole matter is if what u said about her when she came back from the computer centre is true, then she herself will dump u once she gets dy job.

So I will advice u now to brace urself for breakup now and start looking for other options.

Girls are ungrateful

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by frozen70(f): 9:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Bigheart007:
I have been dating this girl for like 2 years now. When we started dating, she was a private school teacher. She was always complaining about the job being too stressful and the salary not worth the stress. I was always supporting her financially the best I can to pay her rent and feeding. In January this year, We agreed she resigns from the teaching job and come live with me while she searches for another job.

For over six months she was living with me, I was catering to her every need as she was jobless. She was behaving all good, humble, and nice. I felt we were a perfect match. I even went to see her family to collect the marriage list and we planned on a wedding around November.

Recently, a relative of hers who has a level in Government asked her to send him her Curriculum vitae to get her a federal job in one of the ministries. I was so happy for her. From the look of things, she might be earning more than me.

To cut the story short. Last Saturday I gave her money to go to a computer center and scan the necessary documents for her said relative for the job. She left the house around 10 am to do that, but when she came back around noon, she was entirely a different person. When I opened the door for her, she just walk past me without a word. I asked her if she succeeded in sending the documents, but she ignored me. Next, she started complaining about how dirty the house is and why I didn't sweep, clean, and cook something she will eat when she comes back. She was just walking up and down the house angrily. She said I should better start learning to help out with the house chores as I wouldn't expect her to do it all when she starts work soon. She even threatened that she will get her own house when she starts to work as she doesn't want me adding to her stress.

I was dumbfounded by her sudden change of attitude. We had a heated argument like we have never had before. She said so many hurting words to me that I can't say here.

I'm beginning to have a double mind toward her as it regards marriage. I feel like she just showed me her true color. She is yet to get an employment letter for the job and yet she is already acting up and looking down on me. What would happen when she now gets an employment letter to resume the job?

I'm confused about whether to continue with her or if I should end it all for my peace of mind. sad

Well I won't say end the relationship

Just allow her to keep exhibiting her real self

Let her get the job first

Let her pack out if she wishes

By then you can take a proper decision about her

Meanwhile you made an error asking her to stop her job and pack in with you

There was no need for that as she is not married to you for you to go to that extent

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Bigheart007: 9:26am On Jul 25, 2023
Yugoslavia247:
Hmmmm nkan be

Humility is a virtue that is truly known when we have it all or think we have it all.

Never believe anyone is humble especially when they depend on you.

Sometimes they take shit from you and won't confront you because of fear of losing the comfort.

Maybe she has put up with lots of your shit.
Maybe she tried to correct you but you refuse to listen to her because you pay the bills.
Maybe she feels she has no say because she is jobless.
Maybe she is only comfortable with your excesses because she has nothing to offer.

Maybe her ideal man is not you and she feels when she gets a job she will attract better men.

This is not limited to women.
It is human nature.

I put up a lot with my bro too.
I felt I had no say.
Any argument we have I had to reserve my comments because I was thinking this guy coul punish me with money.

Until I left and came back then as equal. I had my say and stood my ground.

Maybe that is what is happening.

There is nothing you can do about it.

Except you are extra observant and try not make her feel that way.

E hard.

You are right bro. But isn't that like a red flag that the two aren't compatible
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Bigheart007: 9:28am On Jul 25, 2023
Jennyclay:
Did you sit her down to know why the sudden attitude? She has been with you for 2 years and just this first misunderstanding you are already thinking of break-up undecided. Just say you’re seeing someone else we’ll understand. We know your type. Bunch of Randy men!!

Why would you leave your house so dirty and unkempt? Even though you’re spending millions on her that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take your personal hygiene serious.

Must you wait till she return to come do the house chores for you

I'm not sure you read whole story.
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Archtype(m): 9:36am On Jul 25, 2023
It's like you don't even know that gender sef

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:38am On Jul 25, 2023
Bigheart007:

You are right bro. But isn't that like a red flag that the two aren't compatible

It is normal.

Just sit her down at midnight and tell her what I wrote.

Tell her you know she put up with a lot of things and she feels that this job will change it.

Tell her that you don't mean to hurt her. And you know she has endured some of your excesses and apologize to her. Why because she is only showing you things she bottled up for 6 months. Tell her that she should not hide her feelings because she doesn't want to hurt you. She should feel free.

Because if you bring 1000 women. They will exhibit same behavior. This is not about compatibility but human nature.

Money stops nonsense.
No money brings nonsense.
She feels the nonsense you do is because she has no money.

Even if na man na same thing.
Now treat her well.
Take her out.
Give her Liberty.
Observe well too.
Women hate doing House chores alone.
It seems like servitude or slavery.
Do things differently.
She will open up or change.

See when you pay bills you might lose control of your actions and words

5 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by VOsimhen144(m): 9:42am On Jul 25, 2023
Life no hard, na you just love ur girlfriend

4 Likes

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Bigheart007: 9:43am On Jul 25, 2023
Yugoslavia247:

It is normal.

Just sit her down at midnight and tell her what I wrote.

Tell her you know she put up with a lot of things and she feels that this job will change it.

Tell her that you don't mean to hurt her. And you know she has endured some of your excesses and apologize to her. Why because she is only showing you things she bottled up for 6 months. Tell her that she should not hide her feelings because she doesn't want to hurt you. She should feel free.

Because if you bring 1000 women. They will exhibit same behavior. This is not about compatibility but human nature.

Money stops nonsense.
No money brings nonsense.
She feels the nonsense you do is because she has no money.

Even if na man na same thing.
Now treat her well.
Take her out.
Give her Liberty.
Observe well too.
Women hate doing House chores alone.
It seems like servitude or slavery.
So things differently.
She will open up or change.

Thank you so much, bro. I appreciate .

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Yugoslavia247(m): 9:46am On Jul 25, 2023
Bigheart007:

Thank you so much, bro. I appreciate .

Anytime.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Efna55: 9:46am On Jul 25, 2023
Just have it in mind that you're doing charity, if what you wrote is true then dumping you is the first thing she'll do after getting the job, besides being a federal job she might be transfered to any part of the country which may be far from you what do you think might be the outcome..
She is a user and pretender, stop showing Pity to ungrateful bitch, you'll hate youself later, better throw her out and find someone better..
Pls keep me updated when she's thrown to the streets, who knows if she might not even get the job..

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Blitzking: 10:14am On Jul 25, 2023
Bigheart007:

Behaviours like this always make men keep multiple relationships. Like now my main chick and I have been planning to move to usa to further our studies soonest, my next in line her uncle want her to come and further in canada and my third.this girl disturb my life ehn to marry her then very voluptuous until she left for UK in 2021 for masters now done with master and has been saying I should come to UK but I no like that country..usa or canada na Im dey my mind..all lovely women..how I wish they would accept to share.the second has accepted but the first saw me rise to my peak and we have built many things together. The third wasn't really serious with her then.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Slynation(m): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2023
Congratulations...she just used you to upgrade her status!! People will only love you when it's beneficial...!!
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by fyzaila: 10:34am On Jul 25, 2023
Your peace of mind should be your top priority. You should thank God she has showed you her true color before marriage.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by vincenteger: 10:54am On Jul 25, 2023
She sees in herself a potential house girl all this while

Don't make her comfortable in your house anymore
Don't eat her food
Don't allow her to do anything for you
Don't even talk to her again
No be person go tell her to find house.

Make sure you collect your keys from her, she should only access the house when you are around b4 them go carry your properties.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Baronthecelebri: 11:23am On Jul 25, 2023
Leave her
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by newdawn2017(f): 12:47pm On Jul 25, 2023
Bigheart007:

it's painful, but don't ignore such a red flag, go into ur bedroom now by urself, pack up her things & throw out dgate. Kick her out d gate immediately. She is a narcissistic sociopath.

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Savedday2: 1:35pm On Jul 25, 2023
The bottom line is all 9ja girls are ashawo both the ones forming GF or church girl. They are all the same.

The fact that you have never caught your babe doing ashawo, doesn't mean she is not an ashawo

1 Like

Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by compton11(m): 1:53pm On Jul 25, 2023
Maybe That bìtch has been sucking the dick of one oga patapata In the Secretariat 😭😭

Leave her now she or u will regret it cos she would try to Lord over u when she sees she don get more money than u
Re: Should I Break Up With Her ? by Aladdin1(m): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2023
She has shown you her true colours.howbeit dont break up with her yet.talk with her and watch her reaction.communication is the key in any relationship.maybe she was under some form of pressure.theres no perfect woman. just keep studying her true character,with time you would know if shes the one for you or not.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I May Not Marry / New And Hot Nigerian Sex Meeting Network / True story about my ex-

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 112
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.