Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,143 members, 7,849,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 01:31 AM

Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT (41780 Views)

President Tinubu Sends List Of 28 Ministerial Nominees To Senate / PBAT Arrives Palais Brongniart For The New Global Finance Pact In Paris / PBAT To Double Nigeria’s Crude Oil, Raise $17.4 Bn By Sell Down NNPPC Assets (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by garfield1: 9:14am On Jul 28, 2023
wegevv:

Not bad tbh

But give us the stats after the complete list has been released.

Still waiting for the remaining 33.3% of the list. Hope they didn’t put all the technocrats and women in the first batch lol

True,that's my fear.but as far as politicians don't handle finance,power,education,health,
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by 9jaRealist: 9:17am On Jul 28, 2023
Antoeni:
Justice For Keyamo & FFK.
They Have Been Used & Discarded

grin grin grin grin grin

Money-for-hand, back-for-ground, charlatans…
>

1 Like

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by ogbonti: 9:19am On Jul 28, 2023
grandstar:
Mr We Edun should be the next finance minister.

He is a fit round peg in a round hole. He even has a Masters in Economics from a prestigious university.

he is the brain behind "alpha beta" tax machine which has, and still draining Lagos State resources for Tinubu since 1999

He is coming to implement all manner of taxes on Nigerians to ensure that as long as Nigeria exist, the TINUBU clan will smile

to the banks with billions of naira daily angry angry angry angry angry angry Just like he has been collecting it in Lagos for the past 24 years grin

= alpha beta, like a mafia enterprise creates all sorts of % settlement package for serving law makers making it impossible to scrap =

= once th lawmakers leave office, they are struck dumb by the "code of silence" becos they are already criminally compromised=

That is why a wayward Seyi Tinubu can afford to buy a house in London for $11 million that he doesn't live in

And all you "payed" e - rats supporting the travesty called the "Tinubu Presidency" can not raise $1 to eat a garri and groundnut

Ona well done - suffer no go ever taya ona!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by 9jaRealist: 9:29am On Jul 28, 2023
garfield1:
Nice profiles.15 technocrats,25% women,5 youths, 14 Muslims 14 christians

Abegi, which ones are the purported “technocrats”?! shocked

Having a degree is not synonymous with being a technocrat…
And, apart from a handful of practicing professionals, the rest are just politicians and sundry rent-seekers.

Meanwhile, women in Nigeria actually constitute about 50% of the population…
Accordingly, 25% is simply NOT GOOD ENOUGH. Our cabinets should reflect “national character” (not just federal).

PS: The UN (and most standard) age definition of “youth” is from 15-24 years…
In Nigeria, we keep incorrectly classifying middle-aged folks (even in their 40s/50s) as “youth”.
>

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by haslaw(m): 9:31am On Jul 28, 2023
marvellous2222:
Tinubi is a wise person, see as he share the ministerial post to 6 geopolitical zone, if it obi he fill the post with southeast people

Very true... Obi is too BIGOTED to be a true a leader
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by edungene7: 9:57am On Jul 28, 2023
Nigerians hw market All I see is Tinubu planting loyalist everywhere so he can freely loot the National treasury without hindrance las las we all go get sense

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by Hedonisco: 10:03am On Jul 28, 2023
grandstar:
Mr We Edun should be the next finance minister.

He is a fit round peg in a round hole. He even has a Masters in Economics from a prestigious university.

I don't know why you people are overrating this guy. What is his private sector experience? Okay he spent eight years as Tinubu's commissioner, and since then has been lurking around Tinubu's corridors.

I have scant regard for these 'mere commissioner' type 'technocrats whose only claim to experience is their years of trudging around political appointments. You can't compare him to the likes of Segun Aganga or even Adelabu who have proved themselves in top rate private endeavour.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by grandstar(m): 10:03am On Jul 28, 2023
ogbonti:

he is the brain behind "alpha beta" tax machine which has, and still draining Lagos State resources for Tinubu since 1999

He is coming to implement all manner of taxes on Nigerians to ensure that as long as Nigeria exist, the TINUBU clan will smile

to the banks with billions of naira daily angry angry angry angry angry angry Just like he has been collecting it in Lagos for the past 24 years grin

= alpha beta, like a mafia enterprise creates all sorts of % settlement package for serving law makers making it impossible to scrap =

= once th lawmakers leave office, they are struck dumb by the "code of silence" becos they are already criminally compromised=

That is why a wayward Seyi Tinubu can afford to buy a house in London for $11 million that he doesn't live in

And all you "payed" e - rats supporting the travesty called the "Tinubu Presidency" can not raise $1 to eat a garri and groundnut

There are already plans to reduce the number of taxes from 52 to 10.

Most importantly, I fixated on his qualifications.

Many states have employed the services of Alphabeta to collect taxes, both APC and PDP states.

I don't know much about your assertions about the dark side of the company.

4 Likes

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by sweetgala(m): 10:05am On Jul 28, 2023
Throwback:
My disappointment is that it took Tinubu 59 days to submit an incomplete list of Ministers, just to beat a deadline we were previously assured was too much time for an Administrator of Tinubu's caliber.

This is the same Tinubu whose close aides regaled us in March 2023 with tales of how he already had his state cabinet set-up in 3weeks as Governor of Lagos State. They even promised that if his list is not ready on the 1st day, he would nominate his cabinet within 1 month as the standard time required by a serious government.

My appreciation goes to Buhari for realizing that others might come after him and want to repeat the 6months delay to appoint ministers. If not for the 60days timeline that Buhari signed into law, it is obvious that Tinubu was not ready to name his ministers within 3months sef.

I hope him and those aides who have now even been nominated to higher office, would learn from the folly of how they scuttled the ministerial nominations that should have underscored the readiness of the regime to promptly attend to the needs of the country.

They have no choice because they willingly promised us renewed hope, so we must get it in full measure.

It's very difficult political calculations ongoing. All the names here are people who though competent individuals have a political connection.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by 7lives: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2023
TheFacelessMan:

Though i agree with the rest of your comment, Wike "didn't give BAT a taste of power"

Wike had no choice. He knew Obi wouldn't win. Atiku was then foolish enough to aggravate him instead of appeasing him.

Tinubu simply made a deal with Wike. Rivers wouldn't go to APC in the first place. So put your guys there and do your "stuff" for me.

BAT is just a man of his words and already looking at 2027. BAT could have refused to give Wike anything and nothing will happen. Rivers is traditionally not APC.

Wike is the man behind G5 so what exactly are you talking about?.
If Wike had not played his part, the election might have end up in a cliff hanger between Atiku and Tinubu, trust the North, it would have been another win for them.
The South will probably go to court, last last North will still keep the power.
Wike is a true hero of the South.
He said power must come to the South and he made sure it happened, by playing his own part of the game.
He's a highly objective politician, he understand what is at stake, and what he must do.
It's not easy to change things in a country like Nigeria, you have to give it whatever it takes.
A mind set like yours was why Harriet Tubman had to shoot some black slaves, who won't appreciate her efforts at liberating them.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Shift jor.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by TheFacelessMan: 10:11am On Jul 28, 2023
7lives:

Wike is the man behind G5 so what exactly are you talking about?.
If Wike had not played his part, the election might have end up in a cliff hanger between Atiku and Tinubu, trust the North, it would have been another win for them.
The South will probably go to court, last last North will still keep the power.
Wike is a true hero of the South.
He said power must come to the South and he made sure it happened, by playing his own part of the game.
He's a highly objective politician, he understand what is at stake, and what he must do.
It's not easy to change things in a country like Nigeria, you have to give it whatever it takes.
A mind set like yours was why Harriet Tubman had to shoot some black slaves, who won't appreciate her efforts at liberating them.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
Shift jor.

Your stupidity is so extensive, I don't know how to start.

You should be lobotomized and not allowed to breed. Go and read my comment again or give it for someone with a functional brain.

How many votes came from Rivers? Is it what changed the entire elections? How many Southern states did Wike win Tinubu?

You are ridiculously and hopelessly daft.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by grandstar(m): 10:15am On Jul 28, 2023
Hedonisco:

I don't know why you people are overrating this guy. What is his private sector experience? Okay he spent eight years as Tinubu's commissioner, and since then has been lurking around Tinubu's corridors.

I have scant regard for these 'mere commissioner' type 'technocrats whose only claim to experience is their years of trudging around political appointments. You can't compare him to the likes of Segun Aganga or even Adelabu who have proved themselves in top rate private endeavour.

Omohayek, what's your personal take on the above. Below is my response to him.

I just want you to focus on what he wrote above. You're an economist

Does he really need private sector experienxe? And how do you know he doesn't have one?

Also, did Segun Agangan perform well as the investment minister?

The only thing I remember him for was the introduction of the local car manufacturing policy which rose overall taxes for imported cars to 70%. The then finance minister, Ngozi Iweala condemned the policy as well as Pat Utomi.

He himself realized too late he was wrong. He is an investment banker and that shouldn't his field. The finance minister should have been consulted before introducing it.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by 7lives: 10:19am On Jul 28, 2023
ogbonti:

Really? Alpha beta must be draining the rest of Africa, they are all over the place.
Set up your own tax collection organization and make sure your services are free.
Nonsense post.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by Hedonisco: 10:31am On Jul 28, 2023
grandstar:

Omohayek, what's your personal take on the above. Below is my response to him.

I just want you to focus on what he wrote above. You're an economist

Does he really need private sector experienxe? And how do you know he doesn't have one?

Also, did Segun Agangan perform well as the investment minister?

The only thing I remember him for was the introduction of the local car manufacturing policy which rose overall taxes for imported cars to 70%. The then finance minister, Ngozi Iweala condemned the policy as well as Pat Utomi.

He himself realized too late he was wrong. He is an investment banker and that shouldn't his field. The finance minister should have been consulted before introducing it.

The thing about private sector accomplishment is that it is more likely merit based and thus hype-worthy.

Any idiot can be appointed as commissioner for this, minister for that, former governor this or that based purely on crude connections. I can't respect that.

The private sector is where you prove yourself. Aganga rose to become a top dog at Goldman Sachs. Adelabu was a partner at PwC or is it KPMG (not sure now). What has this Edun guy achieved 'meritocratically' in the private world to warrant the hype? That's all I'm asking. His only claim to relevance is being a Tinubu boy all his adult life. That doesn't qualify him to be a technocrat in my estimation.

The question of whether a technocrat then performs well or not is debatable and a matter for another discussion altogether.

2 Likes

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by mabea: 10:37am On Jul 28, 2023
Throwback:
My disappointment is that it took Tinubu 59 days to submit an incomplete list of Ministers, just to beat a deadline we were previously assured was too much time for an Administrator of Tinubu's caliber.

This is the same Tinubu whose close aides regaled us in March 2023 with tales of how he already had his state cabinet set-up in 3weeks as Governor of Lagos State. They even promised that if his list is not ready on the 1st day, he would nominate his cabinet within 1 month as the standard time required by a serious government.

My appreciation goes to Buhari for realizing that others might come after him and want to repeat the 6months delay to appoint ministers. If not for the 60days timeline that Buhari signed into law, it is obvious that Tinubu was not ready to name his ministers within 3months sef.

I hope him and those aides who have now even been nominated to higher office, would learn from the folly of how they scuttled the ministerial nominations that should have underscored the readiness of the regime to promptly attend to the needs of the country.

They have no choice because they willingly promised us renewed hope, so we must get it in full measure.
Everything still boils down to politics
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by Menclothing: 10:47am On Jul 28, 2023
Finance
Works
Agriculture
Petroleum

This four ministry needs dedicated experts don’t give to politician

Have seen 2 profile here good for finance

Non of them is good for agriculture or works

The president have balanced the national spread
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by laohu2023seo: 10:53am On Jul 28, 2023
https://www.wmtableware.com/ Regarding environmentally friendly tableware, I think I am a professional
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by SledgeHammerer: 10:54am On Jul 28, 2023
See as wike appointment dey pain obidiotssssss. So they wanted the same Tinubu they hate so much to help them disappoint wike? Lol..... clowns 🤣🤣

1 Like

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by nosa2ekundayo: 10:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Akaegwu:
Useless people. It's deliberate.
If it is deliberate, then they would all be swept out soon! They only appointed them to calm the nerves of the people for now?
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by nedekid: 11:02am On Jul 28, 2023
The few recognise I there seem to capable hands. The one I think has kleg is that Dave umahi. Even though I hear he performed well compared to other governor for the east, one has to question his reasoning taking into consideration his choice of expeding billions on a not viable commercial airport.
An airstrip would have been appropriate, upgradeble over time.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by nedekid: 11:05am On Jul 28, 2023
The few recognise I there seem to capable hands. The one I think has kleg is that Dave umahi. Even though I hear he performed well compared to other governor for the east, one has to question his reasoning taking into consideration his choice of expeding billions on a not viable commercial airport.
An airstrip would have been appropriate, upgradeble over time.
Finally, square pegs should not be placed in round holes. Make an engineer to do engineering work, make an educationist minister of education etc, not the one eg a fashola was put in charge of roads or power.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by stasius: 11:08am On Jul 28, 2023
The only people that make so much sense in that list so far are:

Prof Ali Pate and Dave Umahi.

I don't know about the others.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by nedekid: 11:10am On Jul 28, 2023
Menclothing:
Finance
Works
Agriculture
Petroleum

This four ministry needs dedicated experts don’t give to politician

Have seen 2 profile here good for finance

Non of them is good for agriculture or works

The president have balanced the national spread
Well said.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by Ushiesunday(m): 11:12am On Jul 28, 2023
Bette edu youngest of them all
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by nedekid: 11:24am On Jul 28, 2023
7lives:

Really? Alpha beta must be draining the rest of Africa, they are all over the place.
Set up your own tax collection organization and make sure your services are free.
Nonsense post.
Nothing nonsense about his post.
We have federal revenue services, government tax collecting agencies. They should do their job.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by sisisioge: 11:30am On Jul 28, 2023
Fsshola still no dey there fa.....na wa o.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by BrutusOj(m): 11:45am On Jul 28, 2023
I thought El Rufai said he wants to rest and they young ones should be given ministerial appointment?
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by frog12: 12:01pm On Jul 28, 2023
looks poor
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by frog12: 12:02pm On Jul 28, 2023
even el-rufai that's there. what did he achieve as governor of kaduna?

very poor. don't expect much from the govt grin grin
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by KingRoiz(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
Was really expecting Akan Udofia in that slot.

NtoAkwaIbom:
Nice profilling
One thing about Tinubu
He keeps his promises...
He rewards loyalty, and he knows how to balance conflicting interest...

He could as well give Gandule Chairman of the party and give Kwankwanso the minister position...
Wike sha, is smart, he gave Tinubu a taste of his power by giving him the state in the presidential election, yet holding it back as bargaining chip, by putting his men all round..
Bete Edu is very passionate about women.
The Naptib boss could also bring in the zeal and passion to helping refugee and the IDPs
Then don't be surprise to see Ambode as a minister,(will prefer fashola though) David Umahi could sha do well in house and development though ..

I am from Akwa ibom and I am sha disappointed in the guy fielding our slot, bitch is neither a bad as crowd gatherer nor a technocrat...

Anyway, I hope n pray for people who will be passionate about being outstanding and successful in whatever portfolio they occupy .....

Las las to stay long in politics, let people know that you will always keep your words.... Na y those wey been know been dey ready to go far and wide for PBAT.

1 Like

Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by DanAugust2021: 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2023
23. Prof. Joseph Utsev

Professor Joseph Terlumun Utsev is a civil engineer and former Rector of federal polytechnic, Wanune, Tarka LGA of Benue state.

He was an associate Professor at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi.

Utsev, from Buruku LGA, was a commissioner in the Samuel Ortom government. He is Tiv, the dominant ethnic group in Benue state.
Re: Profile Of The 28 Ministerial Nominees Appointed By PBAT by DanAugust2021: 1:40pm On Jul 28, 2023
DanAugust2021:
23. Prof. Joseph Utsev

Professor Joseph Terlumun Utsev is a civil engineer and former Rector of federal polytechnic, Wanune, Tarka LGA of Benue state.

He was an associate Professor at the University of Agriculture, Makurdi.

Utsev, from Buruku LGA, was a commissioner in the Samuel Ortom government. He is Tiv, the dominant ethnic group in Benue state.
Prof Engr Utsev alias Jasper, we know you'll deliver and not disappoint.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

INEC Announces Final Details Of Supplementary Elections In Rivers State / People At The Entrance Of The Presidential Tribunal Court (Pictures) / Dino Melaye Reacts To Withdrawal Of Policemen Attached To Vips

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.