Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,329 members, 7,864,578 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 08:55 PM

Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" (28813 Views)

Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / Throwback Photo Of Akpabio And Joi Nunieh / Corruption At NDDC: Rodnab, Akpabio And The N16 Billion NDDC Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by mrvitalis(m): 8:32am On Jul 28, 2023
naijapips04:
grin this guy is bitter he wasn't picked. Eeya.
Lol thought u guys said he was a mole in labour Party and would be rewarded with ministerial appointment? Lmaooo

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Dididrumz(m): 8:33am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

I didn’t see anything wrong with it

No worry yourself, You no go fit see anything wrong with the video.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Blaze14k: 8:34am On Jul 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

This is emotions speaking, if you’d digested the analogy I used maybe it’d have been easy to swallow.

Take things with a pinch of salt, everything is blown out of proportion.

Do you even know what led to those pronouncements?

At the end of the day, they voted against an increase in electricity tariff, that’s what this was all about

Bros these are people we look up to for the country to be better such jokes are not allowed wether its good sense of humour or not. Its a place to discuss serious issues and jokes are not allowed. I don't know why we chose to do things different in this part of the world. And people still wonder why we are called third world country with all the resources we have. Such a shame!

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Nonsoco80(m): 8:34am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

That means you are blind.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Blaze14k: 8:36am On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:

Tinubu said "let the poor breathe." He said it to folks and policies like Emefiele who wanted to increase the suffering of the poor. The Senate agreed that the poor should be allowed to breathe and their bills and burdens not increased. You see it as mockery of the poor. It's people like you that were against the poor and supporting Emefiele because you hated Tinubu. God will judge all you wicked souls.

Keep making mockery of yourself on serious issues on ground. How many times have you seen any president in the world display such statements. Why don't we learn positive things from them rather than negatives. The suffering we are going through now is it different?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by naijapips04: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

Lol thought u guys said he was a mole in labour Party and would be rewarded with ministerial appointment? Lmaooo

Yes he was the molem. He was used and dumped like the rat that he is.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Arabk25: 8:38am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Can you ever see anything in APC government
In a society that's normal SP should have resigned by now

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Ihedinuwa69(m): 8:39am On Jul 28, 2023
I deal on neat bitter kola nuts
Base is Anambra State delivery is nationwide.
Whatsapp line is 08167960827

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by izubext007: 8:39am On Jul 28, 2023
why are they poor?
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by AareGaa: 8:41am On Jul 28, 2023
victornwaru:
That is to show you what APC government has turned Nigeria and Nigerians into. They weaponised poverty and hunger in order to make Nigerians their slaves and objects of ridicule. It still baffles me why a sane person in a country that has been dilapidated by APC would still vote that same APC into power again and come back to start wailing. We had the opportunity to get it right but our efforts were thwarted by tribal and religious bigots.

Stop lamenting because Obi was rejected at the polls..
Ibos supporting Obi were the real ethnic bigots.
Thank God, he was rejected.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Jomonix: 8:42am On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:

He passed a motion favouring the poor, what is wrong with it?

You have thereby supported my motion. We will all witness the next lower level this will lead us.
Perhaps the next motion they will pass will be to wish the victims of banditry ''quick recovery''.
Hoping they will also laugh over it and you will still support them.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by iLoveYouToo(m): 8:42am On Jul 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

Bros these are people we look up to for the country to be better such jokes are not allowed wether its good sense of humour or not. Its a place to discuss serious issues and jokes are not allowed. I don't know why we chose to do things different in this part of the world. And people still wonder why we are called third world country with all the resources we have. Such a shame!

This is a one-off event that took less than 2% of the total session. If you would judge the entire session based on events that took less than 2% of their time then I have nothing more to say.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Kingsmeal: 8:43am On Jul 28, 2023
mrvitalis:

I was waiting for this particular comment.

Allow those f**ls to continue lying to themselves.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by oseahumenb(m): 8:43am On Jul 28, 2023
Louder.
Pat Utomi

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by bjdon: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2023
People get the leaders they deserve. As long as Nigerians continue to submit to tribal and religious bias in electing their leaders, the same leaders will continue to take them for a ride

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by mikemiyaki: 8:44am On Jul 28, 2023
Pat Utomi, please, allow my senate president Akpabio to breath. 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 grin

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Confirm4real(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2023
Another rubber stamp Senate President undecided

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Trustedpronet: 8:46am On Jul 28, 2023
I will not be poor in Jesus name. Amen.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DVJ2SvXh_5o

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by acorntree(m): 8:48am On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:

Was their decision okay or not?
They shouldn't have used the word "poor" but rather "Nigerian". The word is condescending to be used for Nigerians whom they are governing, and they are even the one who put majority of Nigerians in this poor state

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Adakintroy: 8:50am On Jul 28, 2023
Poor people wen go subscribe for big brother Niger

Never mock una reach.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Impactors27: 8:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Is not his fault,mamud yakubu inec made,thank God that both the poor and the rich are all soil addictive
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Majesty7: 8:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Honestly, I watched it as well and didn't find any mockery. Just an innocent laugh. Although, we knew Nigerian politicians are thieves and self centered but the oppositions are also becoming alarmingly daft. They will always want to criticize
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by anungangampu: 8:52am On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:
Woww, the senate passed a motion in favour of the poor. Are they supposed to be crying while passing it to show that they don't mock the poor? Wailing pro max 2.023
Some of you don't get it. What's the origin of the word?. Is like Jokingly calling Mr President a stolen mandate president.

Bro, in a country that boast of poverty capital of the world. A known enriched politician shouldn't callously say such under a camera. This isn't about party but it's the way a so-called educated Senate president went about repeating what should have been a protest slangs by the impoverished.
Will the motion fixed poverty, why make it look like He is about to actually let the poor breath when he is taking one step out of a million others.

Na we dey let our elected executive never sit up with this kind support.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Mummyfour(f): 8:52am On Jul 28, 2023
naijapips04:
grin this guy is bitter he wasn't picked. Eeya.
leave the messenger and talk about the message. Was utomi and other sane Nigerians wrong in saying that the poor should not be mocked and laughed at?. Is it even a thing of pride to refer to anyone as poor?

What makes them better than the people they refer to as being poor?
Most of them stole, killed, maimed to get a position up there and they open the gutter mouth to call people "poor" and laugh at them.

I feel so sad when I see Nigerians crying and going to bed without food.
Nigerian children Hawking groundnut under the rain or sun.
Businesses folding up.
People trekking long hours to make ends meet and most times nothing comes out of it.

And those vagabonds in power call us poor and people like you see nothing wrong in it?.
My candid advice is that no matter your political affiliation or what you gain from it, fear God and don't always shy away from the truth Even when it is staring at your face

Every thing should not be about Labour party, obi, Obi lost, obi this, obi that, or that people should not say the truth because they are obedients.

Funny enough, it is the same the poor that would always help and render assistance to you, than those people that laugh at them.
Fear God and don't discard humanity

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by CodeTemplar: 8:55am On Jul 28, 2023
Made poorer then mocked. APC is a disaster. Bigger than PDP.

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Interactive34: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Thought am the only one 😂. In that context of reducing Nepa bills, they were just making the point that the additional prices are not needed
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Minime10(f): 8:56am On Jul 28, 2023
benjackugo:

https://twitter.com/UtomiPat/status/1684724245174050816?t=dzsG4M95v-rVYRNgVlEshA&s=19

Below is the video that made Utomi criticize Akpabio. In the video, Senate President Akpabio and other senators laughed when Akpabio passed the motion, 'Let The Poor Breathe'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMROKtbhLE

That finishing by Prof. Pat Utomi @ the useless sinator was epic🤓
Omog! What a lethal uper & under belle knock out punch🤣🤣 Prof.@Pat Utomi if you make heaven make I pee for toilet💃💃

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Interactive34: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Thought I was the only one. May be this is not the complete video.

Probably, but if it's the complete video. Many people have a bad sense of humor
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by HITsquad: 8:56am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

It's ok. Not everyone is intelligent enough to detect or sense what's wrong that video.
People like you are the reason Nigeria is here today... Only if we have more and more intelligent Nigerians, our politicians for dey take the country more serious.

3 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Interactive34: 8:58am On Jul 28, 2023
Wkaay:
He who is standing should not mock the on who is down

If we remember how temporary everything is we would never mock anyone
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Brushstrokes20: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2023
Dammmmmmmmnnnn pathetic! undecided
Nig is being ruled by a bunch of SELF SERVING THIEVES AND IRRESPONSIBLE SCAMMERS!

... when the people are ready, the needful will be done! 😎
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Bluntemperor: 8:59am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Prof ,Are You Sure?
Those who are on this Nairaland Forum would have seen patterns of those who used Social Media negatively- they love to say they are relevant, without given you Solutions to Nigeria problems.Just Critisism and Criticism,at all times!
They pretend to have solutions they can't share , even with the Poor.They just take the poor for a ride and sensitised the gaulibles!
This Prof Utomi has been in govt directly or Indirectly,so during the Import Substitutions of the 60d,70s,80s and 90s,he should tell Nigerians- how much did we exports in Foreign Currencies to other Countries and who are the Major beneficiaries?
Your guess is as good as mine!
Today,if you want to get business establishments in China and even USA,at least you MUST Source 60% of the Local Raw Materials! Locally there.That is the Solution to our Youth Unemployments.
Let Truth guard Nigerians,as we are tired of Philosopy! but Actions!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

2015: Sule Lamido’s Entry Rattles Presidency, PDP / APC Reacts To Parallel Congresses In Lagos, Oyo, Kwara, Others / Audio Of Obiano, Ifeanyi Ubah And Ibeto's Meeting On Automatic Senatorial Ticket

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.