Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,436 members, 7,864,896 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:59 AM

Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" (28817 Views)

Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / Throwback Photo Of Akpabio And Joi Nunieh / Corruption At NDDC: Rodnab, Akpabio And The N16 Billion NDDC Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by spencekat(m): 9:00am On Jul 28, 2023
Expensive joke from Akpabio and other senators.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by EdiskyHarry: 9:00am On Jul 28, 2023
We all know Nigeria is a failed nation.
Nigerians should be ashamed to tell reasonable people that they are Nigerians.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by pendragonbladgo(m): 9:01am On Jul 28, 2023
I thought as a Christian in Power, he will do better.

I always say it, those Christians that fought against Muslim Muslim ticket don't know that, even if you have Christian Christian ticket, they will still do worst.

The issue is not faith but personal kinds!

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by MarketDispatch: 9:03am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

I didn’t see anything wrong with it

The narrator did not allow the video to play out before overlaying with his voice over. In the raw video without any narration they were all laughing in the Senate after Akpabio said the poor should be allowed to breathe .
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:03am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

I thought it was just me
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Amumaigwe: 9:04am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Perhaps you are part of the problem.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by wealthyvic1: 9:05am On Jul 28, 2023
Ejebleje:
It's all fun and games for them with their jumbo salaries and all. Despite the crippling poverty in the land,you can see they don't feel threatened at all.
This is their idea of democracy. I saw the ridiculous scenes,I tell you it's like mocking a loved one in distress.

WHAT GOES AROUND, COMES AROUND.
ONE DAY THE POOR WILL EAT THEM UP.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by HITsquad: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Thought I was the only one. May be this is not the complete video.
Na your type go dey laugh like mumu when a white man calls you a negro abroad.
How can you not see anything wrong with that obvious disrespectful insensitive attitude from a whole senate president?

Chaiiii na we the people be the actual problem in this country, not the politicians. Cos majority of Nigerians too dull abeg....
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by stallionng: 9:06am On Jul 28, 2023
Yes, mocking the poor masses,
Minister for transportation said the poor should start buying and using bicycles for work.
Unity schools and universities fees are increased deliberately to make the poor masses servants,house maids and house boys for ever ready for the rich.
What a mockery ,making them poorer and mocking them.let the poor breath?
God will judge you all
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Zxcvbnmghtr: 9:07am On Jul 28, 2023
Always going after triviality. Anyway Pat Utomi still remains Tinubu's boy. cheesy He executed the plan so well. grin
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Emola12(m): 9:11am On Jul 28, 2023
I said it before and I will still be saying it that anything about APC they are all criminal and liers the party is evil party aswear
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Boa4u: 9:16am On Jul 28, 2023
Hhhhm NIGERIANS NNA ONLY GOD OOOOOOOO GO DELIVER NIGERIANS
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by just2endowed: 9:20am On Jul 28, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
What do you expect from the useless APC government. Him and Lawan are supposed to be in prison by now if Nigeria was a working Nation. People that lost woefully are been elected into the Senate. Lawan own is worse. He didn't even contest. So much impunity from the days of Buhari/Jibril uptil now.
That's was why we collectively kicked them all out. But the cocaine president found a way to bribe INEC and perpetrate his lanky ass on us.

Judiciary must as a matter of urgency do the right thing ethis time around else whatever that happens later is on them.

ALL EYES ON THE JUDICIARY.

Judiciary that's for the highest bidder. Is it not in that same senate, a husband of an ex judge boldly told the whole world how his wife help some of his colleagues in favouring judgement.

Is it not same chief justice of the federation appoint his son as judge (nepotism)

So forget...
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Mayeldah(m): 9:22am On Jul 28, 2023
The same poor people that are supporting 'Evil politicians' just because of religious and tribal affiliations?

Except they are 'Obidients', the mocking is in order.

We all must get sense las las!
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Metrofox(m): 9:26am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Because you're an insensitive donkey grin
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by bonnyhope: 9:26am On Jul 28, 2023
PrincessofDSS:
The poor has become an object of ridicule in this regime

Don't speak for the poor

It is the same poor people that gave them that power by voting voting them

Nigeria case is complicated

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Blaze14k: 9:28am On Jul 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

This is a one-off event that took less than 2% of the total session. If you would judge the entire session based on events that took less than 2% of their time then I have nothing more to say.

1 second of such joke is not allowed don't you get it. After the section they can joke however they like. Our problem is we justify everything unruly
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by enemyofprogress: 9:30am On Jul 28, 2023
Awon oloshi alakori dede.

Ajepako please come and carry this yam and roast for me

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by ezewealth(m): 9:33am On Jul 28, 2023
No be poor people voted APC?, No be dem collect money to induce electral violent?. Make dem choke, make we know whether we go get it right.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Crofton: 9:34am On Jul 28, 2023
Adewale1603:
Yet it's all these Rich people that usually dies very early, the poor still lives long.
Not true
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Reference(m): 9:35am On Jul 28, 2023
PrincessofDSS:

The poor should stop ridiculing themselves first.
The way you dress yourselves before them is the way they address you.
When you worship them they become demi-gods.
This is the result.

Politicians in sane societies are considered merely 'first amongst equals'.
Africans have not been able to let go of feudalism so they liken their political leaders to their traditional chiefs and kings and bow down to them with absolute servitude and reverence.
You will be sure that someone will attack you for saying this truism.
It is a mental thing.

The kind of thinking that keeps the average Nigerian horse tied to a plastic chair.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Talknochip(m): 9:40am On Jul 28, 2023
They (Politicians) have now put a dichotomy between them and the populace;

The poor and them

Sad, it has never been because of Service but because of what they will get
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by ezegenigbonine: 9:41am On Jul 28, 2023
Image123:

Was their decision okay or not?

There decision is ok if only it will be implemented moreover if our leaders are good, this is least of what we deserve in our country.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by ubev01(m): 9:43am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Why did he laugh at the end? Nobody laughs after saying something he seriously means
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Reference(m): 9:44am On Jul 28, 2023
stallionng:
Yes, mocking the poor masses,
Minister for transportation said the poor should start buying and using bicycles for work.
Unity schools and universities fees are increased deliberately to make the poor masses servants,house maids and house boys for ever ready for the rich.
What a mockery ,making them poorer and mocking them.let the poor breath?
God will judge you all

Na so.
And to ensure the children of the political class will have an endless supply of servants from the children of the poor into generations to come, just as Pharaohs were buried with living, able bodied slaves to ensure the chain of servitude continues into the after life.

If Nigerians like let them not wake up from their slumber and cast aside their toga of sentiment to pursue after their oppressors like the peasants of France pursued King Louis and ensured no leader since will ever take them for granted.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by cjudy(m): 9:45am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

You will never see because you’re from a banana corntree
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by kokomilala(m): 9:46am On Jul 28, 2023
The Insouciance, Flippancy And Recklessness Of Over-fed Masanfanis- No Usefuls

This should rank as one of the most irresponsible, if not the most passing remarks ever made by public office holders in Nigeria.

They've become overfed. Thus, can make unsavoury remarks on the vast majority of those who don't have an idea of where the next meal is coming from.

If they had any modicum of honour in them left, they would have fallen on their swords by now.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Benekkk: 9:50am On Jul 28, 2023
Uromi shouldn’t bother. The criminals will never die because of the nation’s wealth they have gathered. If they mistakenly die that’s where they will have a problem - having to pay for their sins. Nobody plants rice and harvests beans!
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by sacajawea: 9:50am On Jul 28, 2023
Adewale1603:
Yet it's all these Rich people that usually dies very early, the poor still lives long.
Very stupid Reasoning

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by favor914: 10:03am On Jul 28, 2023
OBIDIENTNAIJA:
What do you expect from the useless APC government. Him and Lawan are supposed to be in prison by now if Nigeria was a working Nation. People that lost woefully are been elected into the Senate. Lawan own is worse. He didn't even contest. So much impunity from the days of Buhari/Jibril uptil now.
That's was why we collectively kicked them all out. But the cocaine president found a way to bribe INEC and perpetrate his lanky ass on us.

Judiciary must as a matter of urgency do the right thing ethis time around else whatever that happens later is on them.

ALL EYES ON THE JUDICIARY.
Don’t know why you Obidients choose to continue to deceive yourselves.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by eldoradoxx: 10:05am On Jul 28, 2023
PrincessofDSS:
Hahaha. Sorry for the poor masses. Your Senators are obviously mocking the poor.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Mccullum: 10:08am On Jul 28, 2023
He would have just said that the economy situation is very harsh,

increment in power bills will add more to it, so therefore, all these

power distribution companies should try to be considerate.

that increment is not affordable for Nigerian populace now.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tragedy!! APC Chieftain Shot Dead In Ekiti [Photo] / Abdulsalami Aliyu Locked Outside During Kogi APC Primaries. Photos / Arrest Order: Dasuki Replies Buhari, Says Panel Never Invited Me

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.