Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,641 members, 7,861,969 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 03:03 AM

Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" (28805 Views)

Kanayo O. Kanayo Blasts Reno Omokri For Mocking Peter Obi Over Mr Ibru / Throwback Photo Of Akpabio And Joi Nunieh / Corruption At NDDC: Rodnab, Akpabio And The N16 Billion NDDC Contract (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by newoffer: 10:09am On Jul 28, 2023
[Everybody dey chop. That is the whole scenario. Nigeria a mess under this sets of clown quote author=Billionaire2 post=124710264]if politicians try this nonsense in any french west African country, the military will serve them breakfast sharp sharp….

but our military is here to harass civilians & shoot protesters
[/quote]

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by phemmyfour: 10:10am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

I didn’t see anything wrong with it
Watch it again....
this time carefully

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by deavicky(m): 10:14am On Jul 28, 2023
PrincessofDSS:
The poor has become an object of ridicule in this regime
what do expect while the same poor still supports them.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Image123(m): 10:19am On Jul 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

Keep making mockery of yourself on serious issues on ground. How many times have you seen any president in the world display such statements. Why don't we learn positive things from them rather than negatives. The suffering we are going through now is it different?

What are you on about? So the president-elect whis the now president cannot talk about poverty or the poor in a country that is said to have millions in multi-dimensional levels of poverty? You are all jokers and politically correct sissy literates. See someone asking if the suffering in Nigeria is different. No it's not na, it's same since independence. undecided undecided
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Image123(m): 10:20am On Jul 28, 2023
Jomonix:

You have thereby supported my motion. We will all witness the next lower level this will lead us.
Perhaps the next motion they will pass will be to wish the victims of banditry ''quick recovery''.
Hoping they will also laugh over it and you will still support them.

You are a sore loser my friend, take your L in peace, you have at least 8 years to bear it.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Love56743: 10:23am On Jul 28, 2023
His state has the poorest people in south south, the power nothing when your people don't have quality education, the power is nothing when your people are suffering, The with the allocation that's coming from South South, each state should have like two or three factories and company that employed atleast 1000 people, to reduce the rate of poverty, sometimes i don't blame the police and the soldiers collecting money on the way because their salary is too poor.. Nigerians youth will need to come together and fight against all this wicked politicians, if you come to India you will see our girls suffering just to liberate his family in Nigeria out of poverty, Because of poverty Nigerians girls are begging us to sleep with them for as small 1000 India rupees converted to naira about 10k sometimes i even send them money without touching them, let us give sentiments aside majority of people here supporting bad government are not benefiting anything from them..
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Image123(m): 10:23am On Jul 28, 2023
acorntree:

They shouldn't have used the word "poor" but rather "Nigerian". The word is condescending to be used for Nigerians whom they are governing, and they are even the one who put majority of Nigerians in this poor state

Okay, so the decision which is MOST important is okay. Are millions of Nigerians poor or not? Is it okay for opposition and foreign bodies to use the word poor and multi-dimensional poor and millions of poor on us? It's fine for most of you but sacrilege for the government to think about or talk about the poor. Hypocrisy.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Image123(m): 10:27am On Jul 28, 2023
anungangampu:

Some of you don't get it. What's the origin of the word?. Is like Jokingly calling Mr President a stolen mandate president.

Bro, in a country that boast of poverty capital of the world. A known enriched politician shouldn't callously say such under a camera. This isn't about party but it's the way a so-called educated Senate president went about repeating what should have been a protest slangs by the impoverished.
Will the motion fixed poverty, why make it look like He is about to actually let the poor breath when he is taking one step out of a million others.

Na we dey let our elected executive never sit up with this kind support.

Nothing wrong with the origin of the word, you are guys are simply playing the ostrich. Opposition like Obi and Atiku always remind us about multidimensional poverty, how the North and more than 100million Nigerians are poor. Should the poor breathe or NOT? Stop beating about the bush. A body wants to increase bills that will likely have no effect on the Senate and many of the rich. The Senate stopped it or at least delayed it, you are here talking about grammar.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Love56743: 10:33am On Jul 28, 2023
Nigeria government is not during anything for the poor masses, The only they doing is to separate us they would make the Igbos to hate the yorubas, while make the yorubas to hate hauses they would make us to fight one another yet will are suffering from the same punishment, i don't enjoy during fraud but if not for fraud how would our youth be surviving? If nor be Yahoo maybe I for don die self i remember back then in campus I know the kind of life would live..
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by DeipTruth(f): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2023
rtdCivilservant:

Thought I was the only one. May be this is not the complete video.

You are not empathetic that’s why you can’t see the error they committed there. Ayekoo
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by pquaver(m): 10:34am On Jul 28, 2023
Abeg Obidients and senate who mocks poor people more? Everyday suffer no dey tire you? Aboki this Almajiri that.. Obidients should not feel Nigerians dont see through their fake love for the masses.. Obidients go wail tire..
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by iLoveYouToo(m): 10:35am On Jul 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

1 second of such joke is not allowed don't you get it. After the section they can joke however they like. Our problem is we justify everything unruly

As you wish...

You're right
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by sulaak(m): 10:41am On Jul 28, 2023
PrincessofDSS:
The poor has become an object of ridicule in this regime

The poor deserve to be ridiculed; they sit down and pray while their commonwealth is stollen before their eyes. Like other civilisations, the poor must stand up and fight for their right or continue to be ridiculed.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Intergrated: 10:51am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

do you have brain again?
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by papapchi(m): 10:55am On Jul 28, 2023
Nigerians deserve to be mocked nonsense. Only Biafra is the last hope for old easterners. #Release MaziNnamdiKanunow
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by emmaaj3691: 11:15am On Jul 28, 2023
Nothing is wrong with the remarks of the Senate President on the POOR. Some people just want to criticise for criticising sake or just decide to take sides without analysing the subject matter . It is just a matter of semantics. To ' allow the poor to breathe' put differently means taking measures to alleviate the condition of the needy in Nigeria.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Forumobserver12(m): 11:35am On Jul 28, 2023
naijapips04:
grin this guy is bitter he wasn't picked. Eeya.

Picked by who?? Do you think Prof.Utomi has no life outside politic just like your messiah

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by asanausana91: 11:38am On Jul 28, 2023
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

because your skull is empty. Only people with brain can think.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Blaze14k: 11:39am On Jul 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

As you wish...

You're right

With all the natural resources we have buh Nigeria cant subsidize its fuel while other countries who don't have crude oil subsidize virtually everything and u are here talking about 2 minutes joke. E be like say craze dey worry u

2 Likes

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by asanausana91: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2023
victornwaru:
That is to show you what APC government has turned Nigeria and Nigerians into. They weaponised poverty and hunger in order to make Nigerians their slaves and objects of ridicule. It still baffles me why a sane person in a country that has been dilapidated by APC would still vote that same APC into power again and come back to start wailing. We had the opportunity to get it right but our efforts were thwarted by tribal and religious bigots.
thank God hunger don't know tribe. Many of them that vote for the evil regime has turned to beggers.

1 Like

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Segzy19: 11:41am On Jul 28, 2023
Akpaboo didn't do well with that joke.
It was insensitive of him and his colleagues
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by asanausana91: 11:44am On Jul 28, 2023
Billionaire2:
if politicians try this nonsense in any french west African country, the military will serve them breakfast sharp sharp….

but our military is here to harass civilians & shoot protesters
military didn't stop you from protesting, even the military are feeling the heat.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Felaincarnated: 11:48am On Jul 28, 2023
Everything seems right in d eyes of poverty. May ur slave masters continue to favor u and ur family
Thundafireseun:
I just watched the video

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Felaincarnated: 11:49am On Jul 28, 2023
Same zombies dat wud still be sent to kill d protesters
asanausana91:
military didn't stop you from protesting, even the military are feeling the heat.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by iLoveYouToo(m): 11:50am On Jul 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

With all the natural resources we have buh Nigeria cant subsidize its fuel while other countries who don't have crude oil subsidize virtually everything and u are here talking about 2 minutes joke. E be like say craze dey worry u

Engaging with fools is like petting a parasite, once you keep engaging they’ll grow strength and keep sucking.

Take your madness elsewhere.

Ever wondered why the ’ dumb’ always rule over the ‘wise’?

Because the dumb think they’re wise and the wise keep making the dumb feel they’re actually wise, by constantly making them feel they’re doing them a favor. Adios ‘wise’ one
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by asanausana91: 11:53am On Jul 28, 2023
Felaincarnated:
Same zombies dat wud still be sent to kill d protesters
that was then. I am speaking with you with prove. Enter any of the barracks and hear complain.
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Blaze14k: 11:58am On Jul 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

Engaging with fools is like petting a parasite, once you keep engaging they’ll grow strength and keep sucking.

Take your madness elsewhere.

Ever wondered why the ’ dumb’ always rule over the ‘wise’?

Because the dumb think they’re wise and the wise keep making the dumb feel they’re actually wise, by constantly making them feel they’re doing them a favor. Adios ‘wise’ one

This trash you typed now made me realize u really do have a low IQ. Its people like that are easily deceived. Just read what u wrote again and think about it to see how stupid u sound.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by salem1996: 12:06pm On Jul 28, 2023
naijapips04:
grin this guy is bitter he wasn't picked. Eeya.

Really? Wow, just wow
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by kemika8989(m): 12:09pm On Jul 28, 2023
benjackugo:

https://twitter.com/UtomiPat/status/1684724245174050816?t=dzsG4M95v-rVYRNgVlEshA&s=19

Below is the video that made Utomi criticize Akpabio. In the video, Senate President Akpabio and other senators laughed when Akpabio passed the motion, 'Let The Poor Breathe'. Karma and God dey work hand to hand one day the cry of the poor will be heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tpMROKtbhLE

Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by iLoveYouToo(m): 12:15pm On Jul 28, 2023
Blaze14k:

This trash you typed now made me realize u really do have a low IQ. Its people like that are easily deceived. Just read what u wrote again and think about it to see how stupid u sound.

You hurt? You deserve every bit of it. Lump of turd
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Blaze14k: 12:20pm On Jul 28, 2023
iLoveYouToo:

You hurt? You deserve every bit of it. Lump of turd

Dude is actually in his own world.. lol quit smokin or hard drugs if u do alot of it. Its affecting ur brain u r not in touch wiv reality
Re: Pat Utomi Criticises Akpabio And The Nigerian Senate For "Mocking The Poor" by Swissli(f): 12:22pm On Jul 28, 2023
The Poor Are Now Nothing But An End To A Means, When A Poor Man Dies, He's Dug In A Hole And Forgotten, When A Rich Man Dies, It Causes An Uproar

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Court Stops INEC, APC From Disqualifying Zamfara Candidates / Femi Fani-Kayode On N162 Fuel Price: Nigerians Should Expect More From Buhari / Throwback Picture Of Okezie Ikpeazu At 3 (1966)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.