Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,133 members, 7,849,549 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 12:10 AM

Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder - Travel (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder (34726 Views)

Liberia Deports Four Nigerians 10 Years After Bank Robbery Conviction / Stowaways Spotted Under A Ship Going To Unknown Destination (Photos) / The Moment A Ship Sank In Port Harcourt, Rivers State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by grandstar(m): 10:35pm On Aug 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

That's the problem with illegal migration and not going to school. A black African who has a BSc and knows Portuguese or strives to learn it then move to Brazil to obtain a MSc degree would live a better life than in Africa.

That's an undeniable fact.

The people you met are illegal migrants or uneducated migrants who most likely don't have the Brazilian passport. A Brazilian passport holder can move to anywhere in the EU visa free. For a country to enjoy visa free access to EU nations means she is above middle class status.

When you people write these things, do well to explain the nitty-gritty of what you wrote.

Botswana has one of the highest unemployment rate in Africa. That's an undeniable fact. Please do some research. Also, Botswana is Apples to Oranges when compared to Brazil. Additionally, it's not easy to migrate to Botswana as a West African. In fact, I dare say it's easier to migrate to the UK as a Nigerian than to Botswana.

Yes, it does have high unemployment. That does not mean it is not relatively wealthy. Also, don't forget Brazil is notorious for its uneven distribution of wealth. Botswana has a better wealth distribution. Brazil may be more advanced, but life is better in Botswana.
The primary reason for the Botswana's high unemployment rate I suspect is its location. The fact that it is landlocked is a big disadvantage as well as it small population. Manufacturing for export would be adversely affected by transportation cost.

However, I don't think this answers the question. The country should try harder. It should pursue tourism more energetically but it hates mass tourism. It could also set up an aerotropolis, which would double as an export processing zone.

But overall, one can not deny it is well run. I am not interested in migrating. I was just stating my opinion.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by erico2k2(m): 10:40pm On Aug 03, 2023
Shikena:

Where did you get that from? Can you provide any link/proof of that? Brazil is one place that shocked me about their attitude towards moving to Brazil. The US Embassy was almost empty the few times I went there.
What that guy said is fact, there are well established drug route lined with people smugglers from Brazil to the US. Deadly journey, take it as Wet Forest route to Libya. Full of snakes and poisonous Lishes and stuff.
If you speak to anyone in that market, I have forgotten the name, google Darien Gap, its a vast area merging central and north America, its btw Colombia and Panama, it takes up to 10 days to cross, last year more than 36 persons died in that jungle, some came back and are in that market hustling others scattered in other part of southern America. I also met some group there who it took nearly 16 years to be able to learn the language up to Olevel grade.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Shikena(m): 10:43pm On Aug 03, 2023
Show proof that Brazilians migrating to USA are more than those from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Venezuala, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Haiti then we can start debating. That is the point in the debate just in case you missed it.

erico2k2:

What that guy said is fact, there are well established drug route lined with people smugglers from Brazil to the US. Deadly journey, take it as Wet Forest route to Libya. Full of snakes and poisonous Lishes and stuff.
If you speak to anyone in that market, I have forgotten the name, google Darien Gap, its a vast area merging central and north America, its btw Colombia and Panama, it takes up to 10 days to cross, last year more than 36 persons died in that jungle, some came back and are in that market hustling others scattered in other part of southern America. I also met some group there who it took nearly 16 years to be able to learn the language up to Olevel grade.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by erico2k2(m): 10:44pm On Aug 03, 2023
grandstar:

Yes, it does have high unemployment. That does not mean it is relatively wealthy. Also, don't forget Brazil is notorious for its uneven distribution of wealth. Botswana has a better wealth distribution. Brazil may be more advanced, but life is better in Botswana.
The primary reason for the Botswana's high unemployment rate I suspect is its location. The fact that it is landlocked is a big disadvantage as well as it small population. Manufacturing for export would be adversely affected by transportation cost.

However, I don't think this answers the question. The country should try harder. It should pursue tourism more energetically but it hates mass tourism. It could also set up an aerotropolis, which would double as an export processing zone.

But overall, one can not deny it is well run. I am not interested in migrating. I was just stating my opinion.
That country lack infrastructure relative to its huge population and large land mass, to travel from Sao Palo to Rio de Jenaro takes 8 hours by bus on a very tricky road you as a visitor cannot drive on also from Rio to Salvado is 1 day 10 hours no trains. The do have Trams in the tourist areas and they make money from that but overall thier number one export is FOOD.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Shikena(m): 10:48pm On Aug 03, 2023
erico2k2:

That country lack infrastructure relative to its huge population and large land mass, to travel from Sao Palo to Rio de Jenaro takes 8 hours by bus on a very tricky road you as a visitor cannot drive on also from Rio to Salvado is 1 day 10 hours no trains. The do have Trams in the tourist areas and they make money from that but overall thier number one export is FOOD.
What is the expected infrastructure?
How do you get to Denver or Gunnison, Colorado from say New Orleans, Lousiana in the USA? Or New York to Phoenix?
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by erico2k2(m): 10:50pm On Aug 03, 2023
Shikena:
Show proof that Brazilians migrating to USA are more than those from Mexico, Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador, Venezuala, Ecuador, Nicaragua, Haiti then we can start debating. That is the point in the debate just in case you missed it.

Plz watch documentaries on Darien Gap, and its worthy to note, loads of south Americans go to Brazil for tourism.check these
https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/brazilian-town-empties-migration-us-accelerates-2021-11-30/

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/brazilian-immigrants-united-states-2017

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/brazilians-flock-us-border-an-alleged-smuggler-cashes-2021-10-12/
https://www.euronews.com/2021/10/13/us-usa-immigration-brazil-insight
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by erico2k2(m): 10:52pm On Aug 03, 2023
Shikena:

What is the expected infrastructure?
How do you get to Denver or Gunnison, Colorado from say New Orleans, Lousiana in the USA? Or New York to Phoenix?
I have never been to them states so I cannot tell more so we cannot compare a third world country like Brazil to the USA cos for what the loss the make up in other ways.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Shikena(m): 10:55pm On Aug 03, 2023
I have seen both and I don't see much difference.

erico2k2:

I have never been to them states so I cannot tell more so we cannot compare a third world country like Brazil to the USA cos for what the loss the make up in other ways.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Shikena(m): 10:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
Ok, I see lots of 2021 (Covid-19 Pandemic era) stuff.

Go to https://www.wola.org/2022/11/migration-country-by-country-at-the-u-s-mexico-border/
That discusses and shared data on Migration, country by country, at the U.S.-Mexico border. That is the scenario question being addressed here.

You will see that by October 2022, the number from Brazil has gone down considerably. It was always like that for a very long time.

erico2k2:

Plz watch documentaries on Darien Gap, and its worthy to note, loads of south Americans go to Brazil for tourism.check these
https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/brazilian-town-empties-migration-us-accelerates-2021-11-30/

https://www.migrationpolicy.org/article/brazilian-immigrants-united-states-2017

https://www.reuters.com/world/americas/brazilians-flock-us-border-an-alleged-smuggler-cashes-2021-10-12/
https://www.euronews.com/2021/10/13/us-usa-immigration-brazil-insight
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by erico2k2(m): 11:00pm On Aug 03, 2023
Shikena:
I have provided the info above, I don't know what your expectations are and I don't know which country open up a portal and say THESE JOBS ARE MEANT FOR NIGERIANS. As an immigrant, you go in with no expectation and find your way. If your concern is if Nigerians have good jobs in Brazil, yes they do and there are several professional groups across different Brazilian cities including Brasilia, Sao Paulo & Rio.

English teaching:
Nigerians are working warehouses in America until they have documents, some are working in African restaurants. English teaching is better in my opinion and many Nigerians do it effortlessly after a few months in Brazil.

SIM Card:
Have you ever asked yourself if it's easy for foreigner to get SIM card or Wi-Fi in Nigeria? Forget foreigners, you think it's easy adjusting to Nigeria for Nigerians living abroad?

Apart from Hear say do you know anyone who teaches English personally? I don't mean one employed by a Nigerian family to teach thier kids at home. Also African restaurants Bross Plzzzzz those are mama put I was at few of them and also I happen to meet a Nairalander there too we both ate at same restaurant but were not familiar at the time. You talking about ware houses, bro the average Brazilian is looking for that job.Bro I only just left there Feb this year If you don't sell drugs in the name of African shop then you are just a figure passing time.The ladies tend to do well than our brothers as they are into hair product and stylist etc.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by grandstar(m): 11:02pm On Aug 03, 2023
erico2k2:

Frankly speaking, I think Gerrard59 is too biased towards Brazil.

Brazil is stuck in the Middle Income trap. For it to become an advanced nation, it needs to implement a number of reforms such as make its labour force more flexible, reduce endemic red tape, end a maddening array of taxes and cut the overgenerous pensions which creates a huge hole in government finances. The list goes on.

The fact that Brazilians can travel visa free is not an indication of the strength of the Brazilian economy but an outcome of bullying. Brazil has a reciprocal policy of granting visa free travels or visas on arrivals only to countries that do the same to Brazilians. So, many advanced nations are forced to open their borders to them. I know Brazilian do overstay in the UK but I do not know if they do the same in other parts of Europe.

2 Likes

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Shikena(m): 11:03pm On Aug 03, 2023
Hear say? grin grin grin grin
Brazil is my second home. I can name 20 Nigerians in at least 10 Brazilian cities that we rolled together back in the day. This is a faceless forum so let's leave it at that. I know at least 5 Nigerians with their own English language franchise businesses grin .

... and yes, I encountered guys like you in Brazil a lot but people's paths are different.

Many of you are fond of analyzing foreign countries from the perspective of a fresh immigrant rolling with limited stalites and staying for just a couple of years or someone just visiting for 2 or 3 weeks. You are hardly close to any iota of accuracy in your views.

erico2k2:

Apart from Hear say do you know anyone who teaches English personally? I don't mean one employed by a Nigerian family to teach thier kids at home. Also African restaurants Bross Plzzzzz those are mama put I was at few of them and also I happen to meet a Nairalander there too we both ate at same restaurant but were not familiar at the time. You talking about ware houses, bro the average Brazilian is looking for that job.Bro I only just left there Feb this year If you don't sell drugs in the name of African shop then you are just a figure passing time.The ladies tend to do well than our brothers as they are into hair product and stylist etc.

2 Likes

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by tojahh(m): 11:10pm On Aug 03, 2023
AmancalledGod:
Did you later made it to Europe bro, i can't wait to hear your success story

Nope I didn't make it. I was arrested at point of crossing. Robbed and beaten.

One day I'll drop the story.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by xandy84: 11:21pm On Aug 03, 2023
I am going to ignore you this time. Your post do make me or anyone said either. It just shows lack of civility in you cos you can disagree without insult. Peace

Gerrard59:

Next time, don't lie brazenly on the Internet. Brazilians are moving to the US illegally yet the visa refusal rate for Brazilians is less than 20%.

I'm not here to make you or anyone happy with my posts. Just don't lie, that's all.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by tensazangetsu20(m): 11:22pm On Aug 03, 2023
Shikena:
Brazil is my second home. I can name 20 Nigerians in at least 10 Brazilian cities that we rolled together back in the day. This is a faceless forum so let's leave it at that. I know at least 5 Nigerians with their own English language franchise businesses grin .

... and yes, I encountered guys like you in Brazil a lot but people's paths are different.

Many of you are fond of analyzing foreign countries from the perspective of a fresh immigrant rolling with limited stalites and staying for just a couple of years or someone just visiting for 2 or 3 weeks. You are hardly close to any iota of accuracy in your views.

You really have these guys time. There was a thread on Chile years back. If you see how Nigerians abused Chile. They called Chile a shithole and all-sorts of names. The same Chile I am in. There was one on mexico started by a guy called don Pedro. If you see how they rushed and abused these guys. The funny thing is that these same people even in the US and Europe still complain. They go to places like Germany refuse to learn the language and keep on doing menial jobs then they will come online and say that there are no jobs in Germany. If you go to one of the top the largest economies in the world and can't find a job and set up a profitable business. How's that anyone's fault? One said learning Portuguese takes 16 years grin grin grin. Hard languages like Chinese will take one million years then.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Regex: 11:42pm On Aug 03, 2023
Gerrard59:

Additionally, it's not easy to migrate to Botswana as a West African. In fact, I dare say it's easier to migrate to the UK as a Nigerian than to Botswana.

Are you for reals? Why is it that way? Even on tourist visa?
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by AmancalledGod: 11:57pm On Aug 03, 2023
tojahh:

Nope I didn't make it. I was arrested at point of crossing. Robbed and beaten.

One day I'll drop the story.
so where are you now, are you back to Nigeria, or you are in Libya.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by xandy84: 11:58pm On Aug 03, 2023
I agreed with you. For the fact a country can travel to another country visa free or visa on arrival does not make such a country better than a country that does not. Mexicans can travel to most countries visa free or visa on arrival even Canada and most European countries but same Mexicans are climbing fence to come pick tomatoes in farms across US.
While traveling is awesome and an eye opener but it does not worth risking your life for. For very store-away that live to tell his stories, hundreds ain't fortunate enough to be alive to recant their ordeal.
I will always encourage people to travel but not at the risk to your lives no life no get duplicate ooo

grandstar:

Frankly speaking, I think Gerrard59 is too biased towards Brazil.

Brazil is stuck in the Middle Income trap. For it to become an advanced nation, it needs to implement a number of reforms such as make its labour force more flexible, reduce endemic red tape, end a maddening array of taxes and cut the overgenerous pensions which creates a huge hole in government finances. The list goes on.

The fact that Brazilians can travel visa free is not an indication of the strength of the Brazilian economy but an outcome of bullying. Brazil has a reciprocal policy of granting visa free travels or visas on arrivals only to countries that do the same to Brazilians. So, many advanced nations are forced to open their borders to them. I know Brazilian do overstay in the UK but I do not know if they do the same in other parts of Europe.

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by tojahh(m): 12:03am On Aug 04, 2023
AmancalledGod:
so where are you now, are you back to Nigeria, or you are in Libya.

Yes been back since a long time. Completed my degree and move on

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Gerrard59(m): 12:06am On Aug 04, 2023
grandstar:

Frankly speaking, I think Gerrard.d59 is too biased towards Brazil.

I'm not biased towards Brazil. My point is simple: Brazil is better off than every black African country. That's an undeniable fact.

Regarding the bold, if Brazil wasn't rich, she won't be able to "bully" others. After all, Brazil doesn't enjoy visa free access to the US.

2 Likes

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Gerrard59(m): 12:13am On Aug 04, 2023
xandy84:
I agreed with you. For the fact a country can travel to another country visa free or visa on arrival does not make such a country better than a country that does not. Mexicans can travel to most countries visa free or visa on arrival ]even Canada and most European countries but same Mexicans are climbing fence to come pick tomatoes in farms across US.
While traveling is awesome and an eye opener but it does not worth risking your life for. For very store-away that live to tell his stories, hundreds ain't fortunate enough to be alive to recant their ordeal.
I will always encourage people to travel but not at the risk to your lives no life no get duplicate ooo

Uneducated Mexicans* You have to be specific. A university educated Mexican doesn't need to jump the borders to the US just to work when there is TN visa to apply through and get working rights in the US. Someone from the Sokoto area of Mexico cannot be compared to another from the Rivers state of Mexico. A black African who has at least a BSc, holds the Mexican passport and speaks Spanish has more ECONOMIC OPPORTUNITIES in Mexico than in most African countries. That's an undeniable fact. Why is this hard to accept? There are more jobs posted on LinkedIn Mexico than LinkedIn South Africa and Nigeria combined. That's a fact. I didn't create them from my yansh.

Regarding visa free access, that's actually a good way to judge how economically buoyant a country is. Check the countries that are members of the US Visa Waiver Program, they are prosperous. No poor country is a member of the VWP. Again, that's an undeniable fact. It's right there on Google. You people have lied countless times here, and I won't accept it.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Gerrard59(m): 12:17am On Aug 04, 2023
Regex:

Are you for reals? Why is it that way? Even on tourist visa?

Yes, even on tourist visa (assuming it's approved), an average West African will be throughly questioned at the Botswana airport. Namibia and Botswana have freakingly high unemployment rates. Check their job boards, the most recent jobs are three weeks old. That's not so on LinkedIn Brazil and Mexico.

People should judge countries by the size of their economies and availability of jobs using LinkedIn. Brazil is better off than any country in black Africa for a university educated black African who is willing to learn Portuguese.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Gerrard59(m): 12:19am On Aug 04, 2023
xandy84:
I am going to ignore you this time. Your post do make me or anyone said either. It just shows lack of civility in you cos you can disagree without insult. Peace

You get caught lying through your fingers and you're running away. Next time, don't lie. Yen yen yen, Brazilians are entering the US illegally YET facts from the US immigration authorities show that they've a visa denial rate of less than 20%.

Linus of the Federal Republic of Nairaland.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by grandstar(m): 12:20am On Aug 04, 2023
Gerrard59:

I'm not biased towards Brazil. My point is simple: Brazil is better off than every black African country. That's an undeniable fact.

Regarding the bold, if Brazil wasn't rich, she won't be able to "bully" others. After all, Brazil doesn't enjoy visa free access to the US.

Brazil isn't better than every African country.

Yes, it may be more "advanced" but better is quite stretching it. The only country on the South American mainland that is close to that should be Chile.

Your fact is very deniable.The huge income disparity is shocking with Favelas everywhere. Crime and drugs are huge problems and usually where such thrive amongst youth, it's an indication they've lost faith in their future.

Chile on the other hand is more prosperous, has a higher standard of living and its on its way to becoming an advanced rich nation probably in 20years. Sadly, it's turning leftist and that may stifle growth.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by gaskiyamagana: 1:18am On Aug 04, 2023
xandy84:
I am not discouraging anyone from going to Brazil. In fact, I believe Brazil is a step up from Nigeria but risking your lives to travel to US, Canada or Europe does not worth it. Considering risk and reward factors, you can lose your life being store away dying a violent death.
Let me rephrase it. I will rather be a mechanic in Lagos than store way to Brazil. Simple.[qouted]

Ok.

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by xandy84: 3:05am On Aug 04, 2023
Thanks for your advice. Time to ignore the gentleman. Appreciate it.

yewit37486:

That guy is a very uncouth frustrated human being. People like that are best ignored.

1 Like

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by xandy84: 3:07am On Aug 04, 2023
You better let the guy be. He will start calling you names now cos you dear disagree with him.

grandstar:

Yes, it may be more "advanced" but better is quite stretching it. The only country on the South American mainland that is close to that should be Chile.

Your fact is very deniable.The huge income disparity is shocking with Favelas everywhere. Crime and drugs are huge problems and usually where such thrive amongst youth, it's an indication they've lost faith in their future.

Chile on the other hand is more prosperous, has a higher standard of living and its on its way to becoming an advanced rich nation probably in 20years. Sadly, it's turning leftist and that may stifle growth.
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by erico2k2(m): 4:28am On Aug 04, 2023
grandstar:

You know people talk on a faceless forum and pull facts from the Air, Brazil is better than every African country my aszzzz
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by erico2k2(m): 4:37am On Aug 04, 2023
Shikena:

Guys like me ke, what do you know bout me? Also I can say the same for you, People living in self-denial, we could go o n and on but that aint shyte..The fact remains the same, Brazil is a shythole as far as I'm concerned, my standard may be very high, but it is a shytholl,
Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Gerrard59(m): 4:43am On Aug 04, 2023
grandstar:

I beg to disagree. Which African country with a population of more than 20 million has a bigger economy than Brazil? More jobs than Brazil? Which African country has working holiday schemes with wealthier countries such Germany and Australia?

https://www.anyworkanywhere.com/working-holiday-visa-origin/brazil/

A Brazillian can easily move to Germany, work and earn Euros and move back to Brazil. How many African youths who have bleaker economic outlook can replicate the same?

If young Brazilians have lost faith in Brazil, then young Africans don't even know what faith is. Last I checked, it is not Brazilian youths that are dying on the Mediterranean Sea onward to Europe. It is not Brazillian youths that are bundled and battered in Tunisia. It is not Brazilian youths that are frisked in Arab countries. Crime exists everywhere even in the US and UK where everyone is running to, BUT the economic opportunities are fewer in African countries, none of which can be compared economically to Brazil. That is an undeniable fact. Honestly, below are snapshots of jobs posted on LinkedIn: Brazil, South Africa, Botswana, Ghana, Kenya and Nigeria.

How on earth are those countries better off than Brazil?! Let's fear God na.

The president is likely to lose in the next election. Most of his policies have been opposed.

erico2k2:

Guys like me ke, what do you know bout me? Also I can say the same for you, People living in self-denial, we could go o n and on but that aint shyte..The fact remains the same, Brazil is a shythole as far as I'm concerned, my standard may be very high, but it is a shytholl,

That is because you have been living in the UK since 1999, so it is understandable that Brazil is below your standards. However, Brazil is WAY BETTER OFF economically for any African except maybe South Africans.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Gerrard59(m): 4:46am On Aug 04, 2023
So Botswana even has more jobs posted than Nigeria? shocked The first job ad I saw on LinkedIn Nigeria had almost 100 applicants within three days. The ones in Brazil had zero applicants! More than a quarter of a million available jobs, yet people no dey apply sef.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Nigerians, Rescued In Brazil, Survived 14 Days On A Ship's Rudder by Gerrard59(m): 4:49am On Aug 04, 2023
erico2k2:

You know people talk on a faceless forum and pull facts from the Air, Brazil is better than every African country my aszzzz

Kindly mention the countries in Black Africa that are better off than Brazil. Strictly based on economy and infrastructure. So facts from LinkedIn that anyone with the requisite skill can apply is pulling facts from the air?! So, since you know better than everyone here, show us your undisputed facts which are extracted from the ground since LinkedIn is in the air.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Bike Men Gather To Dump A Cab Blocking The Road Inside Gutter In Ibadan (video) / COVID-19: Imo State Transportation Guidelines / Amaechi, Ajimobi Inspect Lagos-Ibadan Railway At Ibadan Axis (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 99
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.