Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,492 members, 7,830,483 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:14 PM

I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. (40298 Views)

Why Is Sexual Sin Devil's Most Powerful Weapon? / The Next Step To Take After Committing A Sexual Blunder / Practical Ways To Remain Free From Sin And Demonic Control. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Tin07(m): 12:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
Read 1John1:9; when we confess, he forgives. Rom6:1; eventhough we know God will forgive, its not the right thing to do ie falling into sin. Staying away from God after sin is a dangerous adventure. Because by sinning, you break the edge, making yourself susceptible to Satanic attack. You are to run to God in tears and obtain forgiveness thereby getting your edge(spiritual cover) back. When Peter sinned (denied the Lord), he didn't stay away, he ran back to God Mark14:67-72. Judas sinned and ran away Lk22:48. Look at how the two ended with their reactions after sin. Which of them do you want to end like? I had rather Peter.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Mom007(f): 12:55pm On Aug 06, 2023
God has not left you but you are leaving God. You are exalting the sin you committed over the word of God that says what can separate us from His love, that says even if our sin is as red as scarlet, He will make us as white as snow. Christ Himself said its not the well that needs a physician but the sick. Sin is a sickness, Christ is the cure. Run back to Him on your knees before the devil uses this your guilty feelings to separate you permanently from God. Learn to keep time with Hod every day weather you feel deserving or not. Do not be like Adam who after sinning, decided to hide from God. You can't. He will just be looking at you until you return to Him in humility and repentance.
I wish you well. If you want to hear more about overcoming sin and living each day in the fear of God, contact me.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by EvangelistChuks(m): 12:57pm On Aug 06, 2023
If truly you are born again,all you need to do is to cry for forgiveness and plead the blood of Jesus over your conscience to heal it[Heb.9:14;10:22].When the accuser of brethren comes next time,rebuke him by confessing [Prov.28:13 and 1 John 1:9].Totally Disassociate yourself from the source of the temptation.
But if you are not born again,know that by flesh shall no man prevail over flesh.
JESUS CHRIST THE ANSWER.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by alizma: 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

I've been celibate for 10 months. Till I had sex couple days ago.

Before that time, I saw my self as God's favorite.

But now I just feel like God and I had a quarrel.
It hurts so bad, cause it's now like I don't know how to go to him.

A week now I've not said my night or morning prayers.

Has God left me? Can we still be close?
Have I don't something unpardonable.
Give thanks because your conscience is still alive, there are some sexual sin you engaged in and your conscience is stolen along with it, in such case, you rather point out reasons to justify your action and even reaffirm that you will do same again than to accept that you have done something wrong but in this case you admit you have gone astray, so thank your star.
That being said, I want you to know that the devil know who you were and is now using your wrong did to hold you to ransom. The earlier you resist his trick and go back to God for reconciliation the better for you because if you delay, you will soon move from not praying to taking up the sinful act serious.
I don't go to pastor Chris church neither are my his fans but I was at a crossover night about a decade and half ago when he said something and I have refused to let go of that statement. He said and I roughly remember, that it is better for you to come to the house of God and be sleeping there than to stay at home on the excuse that you are feeling sleepy, come to God the way you are and he is ready to accept you, this reenforces my earlier decision that even at the last drop of my blood, I will rather hold on to God that on to the devil. So my brother, they are just two, God and devil, at any point in time, you can only be with one of the two. Fortunately enough, the decision is yours not ether of them. So run back to God even in your present wrag of sin, he will forgive you if you sincerely ask for it. Success

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Kennedy009: 1:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
[quote author=Sonnetoshodi post=124851605]Hello everyone.

Have I don't something unpardonable. [/quo

Bcoz a man is dirty, then he won't take his bath again abi? Not at all prayer is the only process that cleans a man who is dirty spiritually & refusing to pray simply means you're making urself more dirty the more. Reading a scripture in times like this help you take away the guilt as you stagger to stand up again.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Staru1(m): 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
you must rise from babe Christian to becoming a child of God whom Christ's blood has redeemed from any curse.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by October1960: 1:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

Stop deceiving yourself. All these superstitions like religions and gods are fake. No such thing exist.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Staru1(m): 1:17pm On Aug 06, 2023
◄ Philippians 3:13 ►
New International Version
Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Staru1(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
1 John 1:9 - If we confess our sins, He is faithful and righteous to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by benzion72(m): 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2023
If we say we have no sin, we deceived ourselves, but if we confess and forsake our sin he is faithful and just to forgive and cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Remember the word of Jesus to the woman cut in the very act of adultery I Jesus did not condemned you go and sin no more and finally remembered the story of the prodigal son, God is also looking out for you to come back to him he missed you too

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Mamabugi(f): 1:23pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

All you need now is God's forgiveness. If you are a Catholic I would advise you make a good confession and be truly sorry for your sins. If you aren't, go to God through prayers and Psalms of forgiveness. You can also ask one or two Christians to pray for you and God who is ever Loving, is willing to be with you and accept you back.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Image123(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2023
LordReed:

SMH. Just imagine being imprisoned in one's own mind.

He's not imprisoned in his mind, it even has NOTHING to do with his mind. His conscience is pricked, that's all. If you do something bad to someone, maybe you cheat your wife or defaulted in a way, you should feel bad to some extent. That's not imprisonment, pikins of devil.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Titogbanski: 1:34pm On Aug 06, 2023
jUST MARRY AM
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by jaxxy(m): 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

I don't now if celibacy makes ur God's favourite bt it does help u get closer to God and handle discipline and obedience better if u apply it to other areas of ur life and all of that has its blessings.

If u sin either sexual or by even wrong words' careless words and insults or greed or malice u can always ask for forgiveness and repent and move forward.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by DaveJacuzie: 1:37pm On Aug 06, 2023
This is a time to go to God more. The same error Adam committed when he ate the forbidden fruit....hiding himself. Forgive yourself and talk yo God. He loves us

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by DADYMIKE(m): 1:38pm On Aug 06, 2023
[b][/b] Just picture the Prodigal Son story in the Bible.
Can you remember how his Father was eagerly waiting for him, that's how God is waiting for you....don't stay away too much because Satan can still use that distance to his advantage against you......

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by FarmTech(m): 1:52pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sin shud not take u away from God but to God. Keep praying. Most importantly, cut ALL ties with bad friends bc they will always pull u back. I think what really help me to be celibate all my life (except my childhood) is because I fear God, avoided bad company, avoided immoral talks, music, books and focus on my books.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by deavicky(m): 1:54pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

you are still not a good Christian, if not u will not limit the power of God forgiveness.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Myer(m): 2:03pm On Aug 06, 2023
paxonel:
I don't know why you people like putting God in a bad light, portraying him to the world as one wicked man who frowns when people have sex.

What you should bother is, how does you having sex affects you negatively or how does it affect the person you are having sex negatively?

You people should leave God out of your emotions o, he is not interested and he will not stop blessing you or being close to you so long you do other things right.

Have you ever seen a father disowning a child because he or she have sex?
You want to tell us that humans who don't disown their children are better than God abi?
You clearly don't know the Fear of God, having only been taught only of the Love of God.

God's Love makes you know Him and Fear Him.
That's said, it is His sincere repentance that will welcome him back into God's Grace.

You clearly don't see any thing wrong in fornication or any other sins listed jn the word od God that will lead many to hell fire.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by OBTOREPA(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

Speak to your Pastor about it for proper counselling and prayers.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Myer(m): 2:06pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

Your penitent heart has won you forgiveness of your sin.
God doesn't like those who feel no remorse or repentance for their sins.

He knows our weaknesses. That's why He sent us the Holy Spirit to help strengthen and comfort us.
Please pray, confess your sin and let God know it won't happen again.

If possible stay away from the daughter of jezebel involved. You really have to be intentional to flee from every appearance of evil.

You're blessed.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by festusforchrist: 2:12pm On Aug 06, 2023
Refuse to remain on the floor..... Confess your sin to God, ask God for mercy and sin no more. God is not a wicked God

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by musicwriter(m): 2:20pm On Aug 06, 2023
Felaincarnated:
Oga stop fornicating and save ursef from spiritual bondage.

It's you that's in spiritual bondage which your religion created for you.
When I was a Christian like you and living in bondage, I also used to feel like you until I set myself free.

The god of the bible (Jehovah/ Yaweh) is the devil that you actually need to free yourself from- according to the first Christians called the Gnostics.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by DavSagacity(m): 2:24pm On Aug 06, 2023
I have noticed that all you derive pleasure to do is to comment on people's post with shallow reasoning and lack of indept knowledge of what the topic says or what the person you quoted meant. You displayed the same thing when you commented on amy thread last Sunday " A pleasing Sacrifice ". That was a write up that has featured in a Christian Monthly publication. Edited by people with indepth knowledge of the word of God.

I will admonish you to Change your ways and stop doing like to know something whereas you know NOTHING.

[center][/center]
Kobojunkie:
Look, all your have is religion and not God. God never gave religion to men and God warned men against religion. So living by what are religious codes means absolutely nothing where God is concerned. undecided

2. Whoever told you that lie is of religion and not God. Jesus Christ is God's new agreement aka Law/Covenant promised by God to His people and as Jesus Christ made clear in His Gospel, those who love Him are those who obey His teachings and commandments. What that means is that if you do not submit to and obey everyone of the teachings and commandments of Jesus Christ on a continuous basis --- Holiness--- you will never see God. undecided

3. God said He does not answer the prayers of the unrighteous; no matter how hard they pray,God never answers it because the offerings, tithes, praises, prayers, works, givings, etc.. of the unrighteous are tainted with their sins and are abominations unholy for God. So the meaninglessness of your religious rituals were established by God Himself and not my person. So, I am not the one fighting anything. undecided

Wake up from your guilt and also your religious delusion there. God has no interest in what religion tells you of Him nor does He care about your sincere adherance to your religious ritual. He is only interested in your submission and obedience of Him. undecided
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Kobojunkie: 2:30pm On Aug 06, 2023
DavSagacity:
I have noticed that all you derive pleasure to do is to comment on people's post with shallow reasoning and lack of indept knowledge of what the topic says or what the person you quoted meant. You displayed the same thing when you commented on amy thread last Sunday " A pleasing Sacrifice ". That was a write up that has featured in a Christian Monthly publication. Edited by people with indepth knowledge of the word of God.

I will admonish you to Change your ways and stop doing like to know something whereas you know NOTHING.
I see you are deeply deluded in your belief that doctrines found acceptable by your earthly crowd are made right by God as a result. You completely ignore Jesus's warning against imbibing all doctrines and traditions of men. You really don't know nor care for God and the things of God as your desire seems only to be accepted by men. Why hide behind the mentions of the mentions of the name or God is what I always wonder about folks such as yourself. undecided
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Kay25(m): 2:39pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

Waoo repent God hasn't left u it is u who feels guilty and that's good fornyour conscience but u see don't allow that sin to disconnect you from God He loves u more than whatever u did yes I can say it with my whole mouth get back on track shame the devil then never let that idea come to ur head that u ain't God's favorite Jesus forgave more of sinners and dine with them

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Calitoscassius(m): 2:43pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sexual sin my ass! cheesy OP you are a gullible fool.

Who says sex is a sin? How da fork did our parents concieve us?
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by paxonel(m): 3:02pm On Aug 06, 2023
Myer:

You clearly don't know the Fear of God, having only been taught only of the Love of God.

God's Love makes you know Him and Fear Him.
That's said, it is His sincere repentance that will welcome him back into God's Grace.
what do you mean by "To fear God? "
Explain yourself?

Because what i know is, the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom. Wisdom also implies doing what is right

You clearly don't see any thing wrong in fornication
I don't know what you people call fornication.

Two young people are matured enough to get married and become committed looking towards a better future for each other in sincerity without breaking each other's heart or cheating until they decide to start having children and raise a family. Tell me, how is that one fornication?

As for the op saying he was involved in a sexual sin. He didn't clearly state who he was involved with, whether she was someone he is dating or some hook ups.

But all I'm saying is, in either case the op should leave God out of it and face the consequences if he was involved in a hook up that perhaps may have lead to unwanted pregnancy or some STDs as no amount of prayer or crying for forgiveness will revert the situation.
Or if he was involved in a genuine committed relationship which is not different from marriage, and he is enjoying the union, he should also leave God out of it and enjoy his life.

God isn't a tyrant.
Whatever you sow, that is what you will reap
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by themanderon: 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
Sonnetoshodi:
Hello everyone.

It is the devil that is making you feel God has left you. Confess your sin and weakness to him and he is ever ready to forgive and take you back like the prodigal son. Stay away from God and you open the way for more sins and the devil to destroy you.

1 Like

Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Expanse2020(m): 3:08pm On Aug 06, 2023
Did you enjoy the girl.....no need to work Jesus died for our sins and he as left with it.... We will be pardon later let enjoy ourselves jare
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:11pm On Aug 06, 2023
That's what the devil wants, to drag you away from God by first making you fall and then guilt trip you to make you feel very filthy and unworthy to approach God.
You'll be making a big mistake if you allow him derail you.

Just confess your sins and repent with a decision never to go back to it again.
The bible says in 1st John 1:9 If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Re: I Committed A Sexual Sin. And I'm Too Scared And Ashamed To Pray. Please Advice. by Jewessgratitud3: 3:16pm On Aug 06, 2023
Expanse2020:
Did you enjoy the girl.....no need to work Jesus died for our sins and he as left with it.... We will be pardon later let enjoy ourselves jare

Apostle Paul says, so then, shall we continue in sin that grace may abound? He then went on to say, "God forbid".

Please do not frustrate the grace of God upon your life. Your body is the temple of God. So know that God dwells in you and if you continue to desecrate the temple of God, He will depart as His eyes cannot behold iniquity and that is when the enemy will strike.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Tehila, Bishop Stafford Nwaogu's Daughter Dies In Gas Explosion On Sunday / Nigerians React To Apostle Suleman's Controversial Statement / Ondo Fake Prophet Arrested In His Shrine Inside A Bush. Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.