Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,878 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' (25383 Views)

Transgender People Can Be Baptized Catholic, Serve As Godparents, Vatican Says / God Loves Muslims More Than Christians - Reno Omokri (Video) / Stop Gossiping During Work - Pope Tells Hairdressers And Beauticians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by GreatAchiever1: 8:20pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Hears you saying what though? undecided

Jesus Christ sent His disciples to teach His Gospel — His very own teachings and commandments — to those in the world. So that teaching from Jesus Christ is in relation to the Gospels and not some other idea or tradition. And as we know Jesus Christ never taught His followers to condemn outside of HIs Gospel using His name. undecided

How you deny and twist the Bible to suit your own narratives is concerning.

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ How you deny and twist the Bible to suit your own narratives is concerning.
I am not denying anything since all I said is written right there in Scripture.

If only you would stop trying to make the servant— and his words— greater than his master's you would see that the only way to become holy is to absolutely abide by the Law as specified by Jesus Christ and none other.. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by GreatAchiever1: 8:26pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
I am not denying anything since all I said is written right there in Scripture.

If only you would stop trying to make the servant— and his words— greater than his master's you would see that the only way to become holy is to absolutely abide by the Law as specified by Jesus Christ and none other.. undecided

The whole Bible is the authoritative, inerrant, infallible word of God.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Pastoshizzy(m): 8:28pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
But God never said He punished Sodom and Gomorrah because of Sexual immorality and perversions. Rather God weighed them and found them generally wicked. In the same way He weighed other Nations such as Assyria —Nineveh, Moab, etc. Recall God weighed their general unrighteousness, sort of same way God did back before He decided the world at the time of Noah needed to be destroyed. undecided
Please was there any other specific reason recorded in the Bible why Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed apart from the quote in the book of Jude (a couple). Those men were going to rape Abraham's visitors. The kind of depravity the enemy is ministering in the world today.

You know there's no philosophical approach to the interpretation to the words of the Bible Me n you have argued enough issues on this platform already. I ain't even gonna git banned a second b. wink
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by chatinent: 8:39pm On Aug 05, 2023
Well, the news is for those who see the Pope as God.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 8:42pm On Aug 05, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ The whole Bible is the authoritative, inerrant, infallible word of God.
That is a lie and you know it. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by chiboycue: 8:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
Holiness2100:

https://www.reuters.com/world/pope-tells-transgender-person-god-loves-us-we-are-2023-07-25/

God love us the way He created us because we are wonderfully and fearfully made.

God detest having gender identity which is different from the sex one was assigned at birth (Romans 1:18 -32; 1 Cor 6: 9 - 20)

When something is bad we should speak out rather that sugar-coating the something
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by jeff1607(m): 8:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
Abitolola:

Which remainder books? Everyone have access to the bible

Not everyone, there are still books that are allowed to be joined
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by jeff1607(m): 8:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
Azzik:

What are you saying oga, God is purely against homosexuality and is very clear in the Bible from the days of Sodom and Gomorrah.
The pope is just trying to keep his office and not offend some people instead of standing firm with the truth.

You still don't understand my stand , I never condemned him , but there is no way to win souls without drawing them in for salvation
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 8:51pm On Aug 05, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
■ Please was there any other specific reason recorded in the Bible why Sodom and Gomorrah was destroyed apart from the quote in the book of Jude (a couple). Those men were going to rape Abraham's visitors. The kind of depravity the enemy is ministering in the world today.
■ You know there's no philosophical approach to the interpretation to the words of the Bible Me n you have argued enough issues on this platform already. I ain't even gonna git banned a second b. wink
Read for yourself what God Himself said about why He would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. undecided
20 Then the Lord said, “I have heard many times that the people of Sodom and Gomorrah are very evil.
21 I will go and see if they are as bad as I have heard. Then I will know for sure.”
22 So the men turned and started walking toward Sodom while Abraham stood there before the Lord.
23 Then Abraham approached him and asked, “Will you destroy the good people while you are destroying those who are evil?
24 What if there are fifty good people in that city? Will you still destroy it? Surely you will save the city for the fifty good people living there.
25 Surely you would not destroy the city. You would not destroy fifty good people to kill those who are evil. If that happened, those who are good would be the same as those who are evil—both would be punished. As the judge of the whole world, surely you would do the right thing!”
26 Then the Lord said, “If I find fifty good people in the city of Sodom, I will save the whole city.”
27 Then Abraham said, “Compared to you, Lord, I am only dust and ashes. But let me bother you again and ask you this question.
28 What if there are five less than fifty? Will you destroy a whole city because of just five people?” The Lord said, “If I find forty-five good people there, I will not destroy the city.”
29 Abraham spoke again. He said, “And if you find only forty good people there, will you destroy the city?” The Lord said, “If I find forty good people, I will not destroy the city.”
30 Then Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me, but let me ask you this. If only thirty good people are in the city, will you destroy it?” The Lord said, “If I find thirty good people there, I will not destroy the city.”
31 Then Abraham said, “Lord, may I bother you again and ask, what if there are twenty good people?”The Lord answered, “If I find twenty good people, I will not destroy the city.”
32 Then Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me, but let me bother you this one last time. If you find ten good people there, what will you do?” The Lord said, “If I find ten good people in the city, I will not destroy it.”
33 The Lord finished speaking to Abraham and left. Then Abraham went back home. - Genesis 18 vs 20 - 33
In the end, God did not find any righteous(good) people and so destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. This story is not unique to Sodom and Gomorrah because the same fate eventually came upon many other nations. undecided

2. Nobody send you interpretation. Over and over God instead has called on men to accept His teaching —as -is — and obey Him but those cries continue to fall on deaf ears even to this day since you all prefer to twist His Words to suit your particular taste rather than obey. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by c3cc(m): 8:58pm On Aug 05, 2023
Evil agenda believe you mean this is all leading to National Sunday Law
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Pastoshizzy(m): 9:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
even to this day since you all prefer to twist His Words to suit your particular taste rather than obey. undecided
You definitely not talking bout me cuz you don't know me (God knows all of us)...okay smiley Homosexuality is one battle satan has won. May God help you see the bigger picture.
I ain't saying I don't like you (even if you're a gay) but I have a spiritual encounter with God..you just some arguing ××××× on Nairaland. kiss
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 9:08pm On Aug 05, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
■ You definitely not talking bout me cuz you don't know me (God knows all of us)...okay smiley
■ Homosexuality is one battle satan has won. May God help you see the bigger picture.
■ I ain't saying I don't like you (even if you're a gay) but I have a spiritual encounter with God..you just some arguing ××××× on Nairaland. kiss
Oh, I am definitely talking about you because Jesus Christ made it quite clear that by their fruits we shall know those who love Him — Obey His teachings and commandments — from those who do not. undecided

2. Here you are telling us that Jesus Christ lied when He said that He had overcome the world already 2000 years ago, meaning you do not even accept the Truth of Jesus Christ to begin with. You are busy minding the business of the world instead of focusing on that which Jesus Christ said you ought to, and as such all Jesus Christ said makes no sense to you. undecided

3. Jesus Christ did not judge gays or prostitutes. Rather, He made clear that He came only to call those who would want to be of His Kingdom to Himself. You think it is your place to judge homosexuals when Jesus Christ did not even bother to already suggest you think yourself wiser than Jesus Christ and He cannot be master to anyone who is "wiser" than Him since He said that in His Kingdom, the servant cannot be wiser/greater than the master. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Successfulben: 9:12pm On Aug 05, 2023
You just wrote my mind. May God bless you richly Mr Righteousness.
Righteousness2:
Revelation 3:15-16
I know thy works, that thou art neither cold nor hot: I would thou wert cold or hot.
So then because thou art lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will spue thee out of my mouth.

No matter the title, position or Whatever claims to be, beware of anyone who tries to meddle with sin or who tries to be neither here nor there in matter that pertains to your place in Eternity.
Such a person is packafaging you to Hell.

Listen! GOD ALMIGHTY is Loving, Merciful, kind, awesome and good. But this Great Being of Heaven is Holy. His eyes are too pure to pamper or behold iniquity.

Infact, God is angry with the wicked everyday.
Don't let anyone pamper you in your evil, wickedness or iniquity. That evil will destroy you in Hell.

If you are engaged in such wickedness, run to JESUS Christ. Repent from such wi ked anomination and Call JESUS Christ to save and deliver you.

1 Like

Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Successfulben: 9:14pm On Aug 05, 2023
Expect less from a gay pope. CATHOLIC AS A CHURCH IS A BIG SCAM.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by patrickcollins: 9:30pm On Aug 05, 2023
CannibalTorment:
Antichrist might arise from Catholics congregation
Shut up, what did the pope say that is not true, you are a sinner does God not love you, same God loves them because the love of God is not about our deeds but about Jesus. God gives them time to repent if any man does not is between him and his God.
Pope never asked them to be transgenders but you have no right to treat them inhuman
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by patrickcollins: 9:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
LARRYOBRAIN:
He is confusing and lying to them.
God hates them with passion, they are telling God that He does not know what He is doing.
Then ask your God to kill them all
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by solreb: 9:34pm On Aug 05, 2023
jeff1607:

You know the bible more than the people who have you access to the book?

For him not to totally condemn them means there's something we don't know or the contents of the remainder books
The bible is the only reference to use and apply by all Christians against any interpretation given by anyone irrespective of title. A sin is a sin no matter how we coin it and appear to be politically correct. God's standards have not changed. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sins of which homosexuality was one Gen 19:1-12)). Shall we continue in sin so that grace can abound. God forbid... Rom 6:1-2.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 9:35pm On Aug 05, 2023
solreb:

The bible is the only reference to use and apply by all Christians against any interpretation given by anyone irrespective of title. A sin is a sin no matter how we coin it and appear to be politically correct. God's standards have not changed. He destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah because of their sins of which homosexuality was one Gen 19:1-12)). Shall we continue in sin so that grace can abound. God forbid... Rom 6:1-2.
Stop lying! Read for yourself what God Himself said about why He would destroy Sodom and Gomorrah. undecided
20 Then the Lord said, “I have heard many times that the people of Sodom and Gomorrah are very evil.
21 I will go and see if they are as bad as I have heard. Then I will know for sure.”
22 So the men turned and started walking toward Sodom while Abraham stood there before the Lord.
23 Then Abraham approached him and asked, “Will you destroy the good people while you are destroying those who are evil?
24 What if there are fifty good people in that city? Will you still destroy it? Surely you will save the city for the fifty good people living there.
25 Surely you would not destroy the city. You would not destroy fifty good people to kill those who are evil. If that happened, those who are good would be the same as those who are evil—both would be punished. As the judge of the whole world, surely you would do the right thing!”
26 Then the Lord said, “If I find fifty good people in the city of Sodom, I will save the whole city.”
27 Then Abraham said, “Compared to you, Lord, I am only dust and ashes. But let me bother you again and ask you this question.
28 What if there are five less than fifty? Will you destroy a whole city because of just five people?” The Lord said, “If I find forty-five good people there, I will not destroy the city.”
29 Abraham spoke again. He said, “And if you find only forty good people there, will you destroy the city?” The Lord said, “If I find forty good people, I will not destroy the city.”
30 Then Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me, but let me ask you this. If only thirty good people are in the city, will you destroy it?” The Lord said, “If I find thirty good people there, I will not destroy the city.”
31 Then Abraham said, “Lord, may I bother you again and ask, what if there are twenty good people?”The Lord answered, “If I find twenty good people, I will not destroy the city.”
32 Then Abraham said, “Lord, please don’t be angry with me, but let me bother you this one last time. If you find ten good people there, what will you do?” The Lord said, “If I find ten good people in the city, I will not destroy it.”
33 The Lord finished speaking to Abraham and left. Then Abraham went back home. - Genesis 18 vs 20 - 33
In the end, God did not find any righteous(good) people and so destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. This story is not unique to Sodom and Gomorrah because the same fate eventually came upon many other nations. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by patrickcollins: 9:37pm On Aug 05, 2023
mbaise1000:

Are you saying then that homosexuality is not a sin because you claim Jesus Christ did not condemn it?
Did pope say is not a sin, he says God loves them and they should be treated with dignity which is true, do you think people turn a new leave when you always shout repent and call out sins
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by patrickcollins: 9:41pm On Aug 05, 2023
Redbarry:

Jesus did not condemn sinners but he condemned sin and urged all sinners to come to repentance. He loved the sinners but he didn't encourage them to continue in their sins or tell them that he was ok with their sins rather he encouraged them to turn from their sins and seek God.
Read the article again is there any report that pope encouraged same sex marriage, he only stated the obvious which is about God's love and treating people with dignity bno matter the sin
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by patrickcollins: 9:46pm On Aug 05, 2023
MoneySavannah:
Catholics what is really your stand on this issue?
The stand is Jesus came for sinners and wants them no matter their sins.
Jesus while on earth visited majority of sinners and didn't condemn them rather showed love and acceptance to them which made them change their ways
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by GreatAchiever1: 9:47pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
That is a lie and you know it. undecided

If you want to deny it, that's on you, I can speak for myself, and I stand on what I said.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by patrickcollins: 9:48pm On Aug 05, 2023
mariahAngel:

That God love sinners does not mean people should keep sinning.
Nobody is asked to sin but is not easy to depart from sin without the power of holy spirit.
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 10:00pm On Aug 05, 2023
GreatAchiever1:
■ If you want to deny it, that's on you, I can speak for myself, and I stand on what I said.
Nowhere in all of scripture is that fable you cling to found. So I am definitely of the mind that those of you who believe that hogwash are aware of it only you have sold your freedom to reason for yourselves at the altar of your gods of men. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 10:02pm On Aug 05, 2023
patrickcollins:
Nobody is asked to sin but is not easy to depart from sin without the power of holy spirit.
There is no truth to what you state since Jesus Christ was clear that the Holy Spirit — the Spirit of Truth— was only given by the Father to those who have first achieved Holiness —sinlessness— through continuous submission and obedience to His teachings and commandments - John 8 vs 31 - 36. You only fool yourself if you think you must first get God's Holy Spirit after which you can then decide to obey His Law. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Pastoshizzy(m): 10:04pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I am definitely talking about you because Jesus Christ made it quite clear that by their fruits we shall know those who love Him
What fruit? grin

Kobojunkie:
Here you are telling us that Jesus Christ lied when He said that He had overcome the world already 2000 years ago
Who said that?

Kobojunkie:
Jesus Christ did not judge gays or prostitutes
Nobody dey judge you shocked
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Kobojunkie: 10:09pm On Aug 05, 2023
Pastoshizzy:
■ What fruit? grin
■ Who said that?
■ Nobody dey judge you shocked
Fruits of obedience of course. undecided

2. You said Satan has won a battle undermining Jesus Christ who instead declared He had won it all from over 2000 years ago. undecided

3. You judge them claiming you do so in the name of Jesus Christ, in sin against Jesus Christ who never said anything about those who would rather choose that life than Him. undecided
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by mbaise1000: 10:19pm On Aug 05, 2023
patrickcollins:
Did pope say is not a sin, he says God loves them and they should be treated with dignity which is true, do you think people turn a new leave when you always shout repent and call out sins

The pope according to the post said, he told them that God loves them the way they are which basically MEANS that he told them that God loves them in the way they decided to follow, don't tell me you don't understand that, we all know that it's not for the righteous that Jesus came for but for the sinners, we are not supposed to hate them transgenders or homosexuals or whatever, but we must tell them that the thing they are doing is not right because at the end, it will lead to death, do you really think that in the real sense of it, the pipe loves those people more than those that are telling them that God is not happy with them for that lifestyle?
If you have a toddler and he wants to play with fire, or sharp objects, will you allow them to do that? even if they cry from now till tomorrow you will not allow that because you know the consequences but they don't at that moment, if you allow them and they disfigure themselves at that age, what will they see you as when they grow up to find out that you allowed them wound themselves then?
Telling a person who is in the wrong that they are wrong is not hatred, with his position, the pope cannot say he doesn't understand these things, the explanation then is that he is not part of Jesus Christ, there are millions who think that he is nearer to God and they are following him and he is leading them to destruction
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by mbaise1000: 10:24pm On Aug 05, 2023
jeff1607:

Who published the bible? Why weren't the rest of the books written by the prophets added to the one that you have already?

Is it now about who published the bible? My point is that the bible was written by the inspiration of the holy spirit and without the holy spirit one cannot understand it, as regards to who published the bible, have you at anytime seen God physically? God has been doing things for you right? Who does He use to do those, God can use anymore he likes to do His THINGS, and then, what other books written by the prophets are you talking about?
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by mbaise1000: 10:32pm On Aug 05, 2023
uncleinans:

See, I don't really like going deep into this kind of gist.

For the fact that God destroyed the world and later promise not to do it again means he's ways is not our ways.

I'm not cool with the act (homo), but they are also human. I won't judge anybody because God didn't create some sinners and others holy.

Christ came for all and on the last day, I mean when we die we will know what it is after life about heaven and hell and judgement and whatever.

Just be human. Christ teaching centers on humanity for me.

What we are saying and agreed is that Jesus came for the sinners and not the righteous, if you are not cool with the homo, it means you think there is something not right about it, as christians, we are not allowed to hate anyone but, that bible said that if you see your brother in sin and refuse or fail to tell or rebuke him, it sin to you, and we know that if you really love a person, you will tell them that they are full of shit if they are full of shit, defending them first is allowed but you must point out to them that the road they are going is wrong, that's not what the Pope did here, telling them that God loves them the way they want to be which is not what God created them to be is encouraging them not to change, if you believe God want you to do something, will you think of changing? Now the pope is making them believe that God is cool with them in that position, it's wrong and we have to say it
Re: Pope Tells Transgender Person: 'God Loves Us As We Are' by Pastoshizzy(m): 10:33pm On Aug 05, 2023
Kobojunkie:
Oh, I am definitely talking about you because Jesus Christ made it quite clear that by their fruits we shall know those who love Him — Obey His teachings and commandments — from those who do not. undecided
So you have judged me disobedient grin
Kobojunkie:
Here you are telling us that Jesus Christ lied when He said that He had overcome the world already 2000 years ago, meaning you do not even accept the Truth of Jesus Christ to begin with
Yes.. JESUS has indeed overcome the world but there are still people like you the Word Himself warned us about in the book of 2 Timothy 2:23-24, it says: "Don’t have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels. And the Lord’s servant must not be quarrelsome but must be kind to everyone, able to teach, not resentful." and also Titus 3:9: "But avoid foolish controversies, genealogies, dissensions, and quarrels about the law, for they are unprofitable and worthless."
Just as unprofitable and worthless as the defense you're putting up for Sodomy.

Kobojunkie:
you think yourself wiser than Jesus Christ and He cannot be master to anyone who is "wiser" than Him since He said that in His Kingdom, the servant cannot be wiser/greater than the master. undecided
Your imagination is running wild bro grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Adeboye Celebrates 49th Wedding Anniversary With His Wife, Folu (Photos) / Celebrating An Icon - Happy Birthday To Pastor Chris Oyakhilome / Lanre Samson Celebrates Her Birthday, Steps Out With Bishop Tom Samson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.