Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,589 members, 7,812,916 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:26 PM

Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? (11004 Views)

1966 Coup: Why Nigerians unjustly resent the Igbos so much / Why Are The IPOB Igbos So Hateful And Wish Bad On Everyone Else? / Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by EkoIle1: 3:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
Dede1:

It will amount to disingenuous act on my part to label you an illiterate. You are not illiterate by mere insinuation. Probably the wanton disregard of recorded events in your usual juvenile rant is predicated on free education Awolowo introduced in western region of Nigeria.

Please take time off to disabuse your silly and bigotry mind and reread this conjectural crap you called post. When you regain human consciousness and give sound perusal to this junk, you will definitely shout Oti o! And probably ask how on earth you posted the incoherent rant.

At one point is all about Igbo and moment later is about Nigeria and country. After spending my precious time on the piece of junk you posted, I thought Igbo is Nigeria and country all in one. 

I really was expecting you to debate or question the content of my post, but as usual, you are too demented and cowardly to do just that, it's always the same irrelevant and mindless rubbish. I guess it's the ibo in you.

lmao
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 3:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

Once more Dede, There is absolutely no need holding a debate with you. It is obvious that you cant be reasoned with. You pick what you want to read and in a bid to sound intellectually superior you add insults to every response. Anyways, I wouldnt stoop so low as to indulge you. It was the likes of you that led the Igbos into war without any training whatsoever, with little (inferior) arms and ammunitions, with no real strategy or plan, watched them suffer and die at the mercy of the better equipped Nigerian Army while your uncle Ojukwu and his cronies were hiding in a fortified bunker in Umuahia, enjoying food, electricity and water. When the war came to a head, he fled the country only to be pardoned and he came home to a heroes reception, took the most beautiful girl (his best friends daughter) as a wife and has taken no responsibility or apologised for the lives lost in that useless war. YES!! I wish he suffers terribly before he dies in agony and pain. I pray his soul is rejected in heaven and he burns in the hottest part of hell. Thats how I feel and if you dont like it sir, well feel free to pop an artery.

Kidnappings started with the first batch of Niger Delta militants in the creeks who used it as a means of sending a message to the government. When it started out, they never demended a ransom. Well now all hell has been let loose, Warri, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom are now kidnapping everything that moves. TRUST ndi Igbo not to be left out. ABA joined the fray and brought a whole new twist to the game. Kidnapping an entire bus filled with little kids, how heartless can anyone be. That was my point sir. Aba got so mad that all the banks in the state closed up shop, thanks to ndi igbo. Aba's madness was so bad they had to station an APC at every intersection in Aba. Yes sir, Aba didnt start kidnapping but they sure as hell took it to the next level. Did you know that the first recorded case of a kidnap victim being killed was recorded in Aba? Yes, and that was after they had obtained the ransom!! I was in PH when the kidnapping saga got to its worst point, but Aba made Port-harcourt look like a bad disney world ride.

When I talked about helping my friends secure jobs, I didnt say that out of arrogance sir, It was in response to a question posed by Afam, and I did my best to respond with as much humility as I possibly could. I didnt name names nor call the companies where they work. I dont know why it is eating you up so bad, I wonder what you would have done if I had said I tarred the entire roads in my community. You have alot of pent up anger for which I recommend you see a shrink sir. This I repeat is an open forum, It is the likes of you that shout down others in a meeting and end up making yourself into a nuisance. Please if you cant hold a civilzed discussion devoid of curses and insults, I suggest once more sir that you leave the forum. Once more have a good day.

I suggest you look at both sides of the road before you cross. If you tend to cross roads abound with light volume of traffic as you vomit craps on this forum, you will definitely not last long.

Again spend time on balance political recollections that led to the civil war. In Igbo land, they say nobody demands water be boiled because he or she intend to fall from the tree. Eastern region was not an independent country as May 28, 1967 and could not have stood up an army and prepared for war as your goofy self had insinuated. I would have called you an honor graduate of kindergarten if your insinuation of war preparation or lack thereof was meant for independent Biafra, at least, two years before it was visited with war of attrition by Nigeria-led Gowon. Ojukwu and Biafrans did what they could possibly do to warn Nigerians to think twice. My people say appearance is notoriously deceptive.

Mr. Know-it-all, you can not eat your cake and have it. True to your goofy character, in one instance you stated this is an open forum and moment later in the same paragraph, you suggested that I leave the forum because I has dissenting views.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 3:48pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

I really was expecting you to debate or question the content of my post, but as usual, you are too demented and cowardly to do just that, it's always the same irrelevant and mindless rubbish. I guess it's the ibo in you.

lmao

I would have debated you if your post was coherent and factual to the kindergarten level. There was no iota of record which suggested the Awolowo and western region boycotted all the constitutional conferences stood up by the colonist in a bid to grant independence to Nigeria.

There is no record that remotely suggested Ndigbo had a standing army beside that of Nigeria. The group of Nigerian soldiers that overthrew Tafawa Balewa's governement consisted of Igbo, Yoruba, Tiv, Ibibio and Ijo.

Believe me, when you sound humanly reasonable, I shall debate you on facts not conjectures.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by seanet02: 3:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
Uncle Dende na wa for you and your conjectures o
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 4:04pm On Oct 14, 2011
seanet02:

Uncle Dende na wa for you and your conjectures o

One of the numerous socio-political benign of Nigeria is inability of its inhabitants to separate fallacies from facts because of dead weight piled by tribalism.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Onlytruth(m): 4:25pm On Oct 14, 2011
Posted by: Okija_juju

It was the likes of you that led the Igbos into war without any training whatsoever, with little (inferior) arms and ammunitions, with no real strategy or plan, watched them suffer and die at the mercy of the better equipped Nigerian Army while your uncle Ojukwu and his cronies were hiding in a fortified bunker in Umuahia, enjoying food, electricity and water. When the war came to a head, he fled the country only to be pardoned and he came home to a heroes reception, took the most beautiful girl (his best friends daughter) as a wife and has taken no responsibility or apologised for the lives lost in that useless war. YES!! I wish he suffers terribly before he dies in agony and pain. I pray his soul is rejected in heaven and he burns in the hottest part of hell.

LOL. I only know of ONE Nairalander who said the bolded words often. The goat's name was Bilymuse!
So, hello Bilymuse! You metamorphosed, but a tadpole can only become a toad or frog. Nothing more. cool

Since this is a public forum, allow me to also say that whatever benefits (even if only in brag rights or swag) you or your family have obtained from the Nigerian system as a result of whatever modicum of respect being accorded Igbo because of Ojukwu's heroic actions, may they turn to curses and disfranchisement! Amen.

Just know that you will always meet us Igbo sons anytime you come here to spew trash. cool
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Akanbiedu(m): 4:39pm On Oct 14, 2011
T8ksy:

So if the ibos keep bring up the biafran war, the yorubas should just shut up because according to your thought process, the ibos lost a lot and as such are entitled to pesist in boring us silly with stories of "genocide", "starvation", sheer revisionism ati bebelo, etc etc.

Fyi, we yorubas lost a lot too maybe not on the same grand scale as the ibos but yes, we suffered many losses too. However, the war was not our war. we never wanted war whereas the ibos wanted war and did everything possible to make sure that the situation would not be resolved through dialogue.

I will like to know the objective of discussing BIAFRA with the Igbos, who were at the receiving end of the war and may still be living with the pains.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

lmao

It was funny until I got to the highlighted protion. Its has nothing to do with him being Ibo, its prolly the side effect of a shrapnel lodged in his skull from 1967,  grin

Onlytruth:

Posted by: Okija_juju
LOL. I only know of ONE Nairalander who said the bolded words often. The goat's name was Bilymuse!
So, hello Bilymuse! You metamorphosed, but a tadpole can only become a toad or frog. Nothing more. cool

Since this is a public forum, allow me to also say that whatever benefits (even if only in brag rights or swag) you or your family have obtained from the Nigerian system as a result of whatever modicum of respect being accorded Igbo because of Ojukwu's heroic actions, may they turn to curses and disfranchisement! Amen.

Just know that you will always meet us Igbo sons anytime you come here to spew trash. cool

Onlytruth, Biko who is this Bilymuse person?! I'm sorry but I am the one and only Okija_jujuTM, Nwafor ana Igbo, Agu ji egbe 1 of Nri. I dont use pseudo I.d's o.

And that portion of my text you highighted was just me trying to piss off that Dede fellow and partly the way I feel deep down inside, cool
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by MegaMan87: 5:15pm On Oct 14, 2011
I don't hate Igbos. I DISLIKE [/b]crooked Igbo 419 boys that make ALL Nigerian men look bad. [b]I DISLIKE [/b]Igbo kidnappers that run rampant. [b]I DISLIKE Igbo akata gang bangers from America that come on here sprouting off at the mouth yet most of them can even speak a sentence in Igbo. I DISLIKE [/b]lazy Igbo women that only spend time if you give them money (which I dont). [b]I DISLIKE the fact that many of them are too lazy to teach their own children their native tongue. They would prefer their children to speak English or Yoruba. As a Yoruba man I look upon that as shameful. We Yoruba are proud of our traditions. Why aren't Igbo proud of there's?

[b]Can you imagine how many Igbo people hate their own language so much they punish their children for speaking it? [/b]Honestly it disgusts me. I love my country and everything about it but the Igbo are a thorn in the side of many. Igbo have scammed ALOT of people. They are always ready to do something crooked in order to get rich.

Igbo people moan that Yoruba and Hausa people exclude them from politics. When will they stop looking to blame others?

I'm sure I'll be called a "Tribalist" because that's all the Igbo do when people speak the truth. Call people "Tribalists". It's like African Americans that scream racism every two minutes. Igbo people do exactly the same. Their laziness and crookedness knows no bounds. I'm from Nigeria. I live in London at the moment  but I actually visit my country very often like alot of Yoruba do. I'm not saying what I'm saying due to sterotypes. I've actually witnessed alot of this.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by MegaMan87: 5:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
T8ksy:

So if the ibos keep bring up the biafran war, the yorubas should just shut up because according to your thought process, the ibos lost a lot and as such are entitled to pesist in boring us silly with stories of "genocide", "starvation", sheer revisionism ati bebelo, etc etc.

Fyi, we yorubas lost a lot too maybe not on the same grand scale as the ibos but yes, we suffered many losses too. However, the war was not our war. we never wanted war whereas the ibos wanted war and did everything possible to make sure that the situation would not be resolved through dialogue.

I'm tired of this also. Igbo continually try and play victim by bringing this up and I've had enough. IT'S THE IGBO THAT WANTED WAR. They got it and look what happened. I've had just about enough of their "poor me" blame attitude. It' getting to much now. angry
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by remarkD(m): 5:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
@megaman87, your post tire me o! i want to respond, but just don't even know where to begin lol so lemme just ask you what is it exactly that you're trying to say? is it that there are things igbos do that you don't like, that your own people don't do? you go home (from London) all the time, good for you. You teach your child your language, good for you, but your neighbors who happens to be igbos doesn't do the same things and you hate them? coupled with the fact that they're the sole scammers in the world, a thorn in the flesh to many as you put it. i real trie for you o, my brother.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:42pm On Oct 14, 2011
Megaman, Your matter hard to explain, I will simply offer a sacrifice for you and hope the gods have mercy on you,
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by dayokanu(m): 5:50pm On Oct 14, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Yorubas on this forum should stop discussing the BIAFRA episode, its not in Yorubas best interest. Remember the Igbos lost a lot of things in that war and it hurts more when you get reminded all the time by a particular set of people. I don't see northerners going back and forth on this BIAFRA issue on nairaland. This is a major reason the Igbos tend to fight Yorubas more on every issue even though Yorubas have never killed Igbos in numbers like the northerners have done in the past.

I dont think this is a right way to look at it cos the revisionists amongst them who would always attempt to rewrite history.

How come when everyone talks about Biafra they conveniently omit the preceding events?

There wont be a civil war without a January 15 Ibo coup.

Ok Because Iraqis or Afghans lost vs America doesnt mean they would reverse history and tell us It was Black P0rn0graphy that caused the war
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 6:20pm On Oct 14, 2011
Only demented dullard would call January 15, 1966 coup in Nigeria an Igbo coup. Is there any good reason subsequent coups in Nigeria have not been given ethnic name?
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by MegaMan87: 6:34pm On Oct 14, 2011
Aslong as Igbo play the victim and bring up the Biafran war (WHICH ENDED 40 YEARS AGO) they will remain unfortunate and lost. Is it a good thing to remain in the past for eternity? Shameless people.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by aljharem3: 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2011
MegaMan87:

Aslong as Igbo play the victim and bring up the Biafran war (WHICH ENDED 40 YEARS AGO) they will remain unfortunate and lost. Is it a good thing to remain in the past for eternity? Shameless people.

MegaMan87:

I don't hate Igbos. I DISLIKE [/b]crooked Igbo 419 boys that make ALL Nigerian men look bad. [b]I DISLIKE [/b]Igbo kidnappers that run rampant. [b]I DISLIKE Igbo akata gang bangers from America that come on here sprouting off at the mouth yet most of them can even speak a sentence in Igbo. I DISLIKE [/b]lazy Igbo women that only spend time if you give them money (which I dont). [b]I DISLIKE the fact that many of them are too lazy to teach their own children their native tongue. They would prefer their children to speak English or Yoruba. As a Yoruba man I look upon that as shameful. We Yoruba are proud of our traditions. Why aren't Igbo proud of there's?

[b]Can you imagine how many Igbo people hate their own language so much they punish their children for speaking it? [/b]Honestly it disgusts me. I love my country and everything about it but the Igbo are a thorn in the side of many. Igbo have scammed ALOT of people. They are always ready to do something crooked in order to get rich.

Igbo people moan that Yoruba and Hausa people exclude them from politics. When will they stop looking to blame others?

I'm sure I'll be called a "Tribalist" because that's all the Igbo do when people speak the truth. Call people "Tribalists". It's like African Americans that scream racism every two minutes. Igbo people do exactly the same. Their laziness and crookedness knows no bounds. I'm from Nigeria. I live in London at the moment  but I actually visit my country very often like alot of Yoruba do. I'm not saying what I'm saying due to sterotypes. I've actually witnessed alot of this.

hey, can u stop posting crap

igbos remain the most resourceful people in Nigeria even to a fault. Instead of staying here and tell them what is wrong with them,

WHY NOT POST ABOUT WHAT IS WRONG ABOUT YOUR PEOPLE

REMOVE THE LOG FROM YOUR EYES BEFORE REMOVING THE SPECK FROM OTHERS. HYPOCRITE

I can point out a lot of yorubas that do not even understand there own language

lastly tell me what an Igbo man has done that Yoruba or Hausa have never done ?

I am waiting
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 7:08pm On Oct 14, 2011
MegaMan87:

I urge God to help a nitwit such as you to forget the path to your forbearer’s homestead. You shall forget your miserable past to a point someone has to remind of your damnable surname. I pray you shall be removed from your memorable past.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by MegaMan87: 7:59pm On Oct 14, 2011
Dede1:

I urge God to help a nitwit such as you to forget the path to your forbearer’s homestead. You shall forget your miserable past to a point someone has to remind of your damnable surname. I pray you shall be removed from your memorable past.   

I rebuke it. God will not punish those that are not evil. Intsead he will punish you and every one of your offspring for your evil intentions.

As far as I'm concerned the Repuclic Of Biafra thing was a fantasy dreamed up by self serving Igbo who cared only about themselves. If you Igbo want to create your own fantasy country then please pack all your bags, collect your yahoo interent cafe scammer boys, collect all your get rich quick schemers, collect all your useless women, collect all your gun toting kidnappers and go to another part of the world to make your country. Because it will NEVER happen on Nigerian soil. I would feel nothing if you people left Nigeria. NOTHING. It would finally rid us of the core amount of scammers & kidnappers. Please go & do Nigeria a favor.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 8:34pm On Oct 14, 2011
MegaMan87:

I rebuke it. God will not punish those that are not evil. Intsead he will punish you and every one of your offspring for your evil intentions.

As far as I'm concerned the Repuclic Of Biafra thing was a fantasy dreamed up by self serving Igbo who cared only about themselves. If you Igbo want to create your own fantasy country then please pack all your bags, collect your yahoo interent cafe scammer boys, collect all your get rich quick schemers, collect all your useless women, collect all your gun toting kidnappers and go to another part of the world to make your country. Because it will NEVER happen on Nigerian soil. I would feel nothing if you people left Nigeria. NOTHING. It would finally rid us of the core amount of scammers & kidnappers. Please go & do Nigeria a favor.

The intellect you displayed on this post bags for background investigation on a lazy arse such as you. If I may follow your dumbass stream of thought, I wonder which is Nigerian soil and Igbo soil.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by remarkD(m): 8:59pm On Oct 14, 2011
na wah for this megaman87, i commented on your post cause of the way you contradicted yourself. You should have completely left out the first phrase of your initial post, and carried on with the bashing which is nothing new. its a little too sly when you want to make yourself look like you arent tribalistic, but it only takes a few seconds, a few sentences to show your true color of hatred. Carry on, mister, nothing do you, hate is not a new thing, as you teach your kids your language, pass on the hate of igbos on to them as well, eh. undecided
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by tyson55(m): 9:03pm On Oct 14, 2011
MegaMan87:

Who is this pseudo moralistic Nincompoop? 
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 2:08pm On Oct 15, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

I will like to know the objective of discussing BIAFRA with the Igbos, who were at the receiving end of the war and may still be living with the pains.

The objective is that, just because the ibos were at the receiving end of a war they instigated does not give them the rights to embark on sheer

revisionism. Many others too are still feeling the pain from their loss as a result of the meaningless war, the ibos dragged us all, into. The ibos got what they asked for-

WAR. Unfortunately, they didn't stop to listen to opposition voices about its consequences. But what about those who didn't want war and were dragged into it and in

the process, lost many loved ones? They should not talk because the ibos suffered greater losses?
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 2:37pm On Oct 15, 2011
It was a simple fact Zik was the leader of NCNC hence would-be the leader of government and future premier of western region. I guess you realize carpet-crossing in the geographical expression known as Nigeria was tribal invention of Yoruba bigots. If the majority seat won by NCNC in western region during 1951 regional election was imaginary as you want us to believe, what necessitated the shameful carpet-crossing mainly by Yoruba in the western regional house of assembly?

"Professor" Dede, with regards to the above post by your good self, i have asked you for proof but till now you have not deemed it necessary to

back up your claim with irrefutable facts. Ibos like you have been brandishing this gabbage (among many similar fallaious tales) about Awo and the yorubas for so long

but when asked for proof, none of you can obliged. I suppose you don't have to, since your sole objective has now been realised. That is, give a dog a bad

name . . . . . . . ."

At any rate, why would an ibo man wants to be in charge of yorubas affairs? And 'cause the yorubas refused the offer, you all call them "tribalists"!!

Would any man leaves the affairs of his entire household in care of his best friend when he's quiet capable of running it himeself?  Though, it must be added that, the

r/ship  between the yorubas and the ibos at the time in question was, anything but "friendship".
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 15, 2011
Dede1:

Only demented dullard would call January 15, 1966 coup in Nigeria an Igbo coup. Is there any good reason subsequent coups in Nigeria have not been given ethnic name?
So whose coup was it ? nzeogwu planned it,killed northern politicians while there was no casualty in the east but the coup failed.However,another coup by another ibo man Aguiyi Ironsi abolished the federal structure,introduced the unitary system of government and made himself head of state.Therefore,the whole 1966 saga began and ended with ibos footprints !
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Nobody: 3:11pm On Oct 15, 2011
T8ksy:

"Professor" Dede, with regards to the above post by your good self, i have asked you for proof but till now you have not deemed it necessary to

back up your claim with irrefutable facts. Ibos like you have been brandishing this gabbage (among many similar fallaious tales) about Awo and the yorubas for so long

but when asked for proof, none of you can obliged. I suppose you don't have to, since your sole objective has now been realised. That is, give a dog a bad

name . . . . . . . ."

At any rate, why would an ibo man wants to be in charge of yorubas affairs? And 'cause the yorubas refused the offer, you all call them "tribalists"!!

Would any man leaves the affairs of his entire household in care of his best friend when he's quiet capable of running it himeself?  Though, it must be added that, the

r/ship  between the yorubas and the ibos at the time in question was, anything but "friendship".

Don't mind dede1.he's here talking about yoruba carpet-crossing but he won't tell us what happened between Zik and Eyo ita;how Zik frustrated him from NCNC which made him form UPN.I guess it was a case of Ibos vs Ibibio both easterners but that of east vs west is what ibos will like to bit-ch about.

1 Like

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Onlytruth(m): 6:16pm On Oct 15, 2011
^^
To help teach a foolish Yoruba a lesson in history.

"
. In 1951, major elections were held in the Eastern region of Nigeria with Eyo Ita becoming leader of the Eastern government and Azikiwe, leader of opposition in the Western Regional Assembly, a potential obscure position in light of his national repute.[3]
However, a few federal ministers from the N.C.N.C supported a trial run of the Macpherson Constitution of 1951, in contravention of Azikiwe's view of opposition. The ministers had an ally in Eyo Ita. This led to internal wrangling, and a power struggle began, leading to the exit of some of the ministers and Eyo Ita.[4] The new group latter formed the National Independence Party and Eyo Ita later became a member of the movement for the creation of the Calabar, Ogoja and Rivers State (COR State). However, he left the movement and re-joined the N.C.N.C in 1956."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyo_Ita
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Onlytruth(m): 6:18pm On Oct 15, 2011
My question is this:

WAS THERE EVER A TIME A MINORITY BECAME THE PREMIER OF WESTERN NIGERIA?

Answer: NEVER!

Nuff said.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Nobody: 8:25pm On Oct 15, 2011
Onlytruth:

^^
To help teach a foolish Yoruba a lesson in history.

"
. In 1951, major elections were held in the Eastern region of Nigeria with Eyo Ita becoming leader of the Eastern government and Azikiwe, leader of opposition in the Western Regional Assembly, a potential obscure position in light of his national repute.[3]
However, a few federal ministers from the N.C.N.C supported a trial run of the Macpherson Constitution of 1951, in contravention of Azikiwe's view of opposition. The ministers had an ally in Eyo Ita. This led to internal wrangling, and a power struggle began, leading to the exit of some of the ministers and Eyo Ita.[4] The new group latter formed the National Independence Party and Eyo Ita later became a member of the movement for the creation of the Calabar, Ogoja and Rivers State (COR State). However, he left the movement and re-joined the N.C.N.C in 1956."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eyo_Ita
Why did he leave NCNC ? Was it not after the disgraced Zik lost out in the central legislation elections which the yoruba-dominated house of assembly didn't support him that made Zik return to iboland in order to make claim to his control over the party ? Ita was expelled from NCNC by Zik and his supporters and he (ita) later formed UNITED NIGERIA INDEPENDENCE PARTY which later formed an aliiance with Action group leading to the birth of UPN. Seems his wikipedia page was written by an ibo man ?
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 9:58pm On Oct 15, 2011
~Bluetooth:

Why did he leave NCNC ? Was it not after the disgraced Zik lost out in the central legislation elections which the yoruba-dominated house of assembly didn't support him that made Zik return to iboland in order to make claim to his control over the party ? Ita was expelled from NCNC by Zik and his supporters and he (ita) later formed UNITED NIGERIA INDEPENDENCE PARTY which later formed an aliiance with Action group leading to the birth of UPN. Seems his wikipedia page was written by an ibo man ?

Stop posting weightless falsehoods on this forum. For umpteenth time, the issue that involved carpet-crossing on the floor of western regional house of assembly had no connection with federal or “central legislative” election. The issue in western region, after 1951 regional election, was centered on the political control and the premiership of the region. The federal representatives were appointed until 1956 federal election which Zik won in Onicha.

Ita and Udoma were politically disgraced at the polls by elementary school teachers. In fact, both were treated to a deceitful Yoruba political cocktail by Awo as all promises made by AG and Awo came up empty.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 1:39am On Oct 16, 2011
Dede1:

Stop posting weightless falsehoods on this forum. For umpteenth time, the issue that involved carpet-crossing on the floor of western regional house of assembly had no connection with federal or “central legislative” election. The issue in western region, after 1951 regional election, was centered on the political control and the premiership of the region. The federal representatives were appointed until 1956 federal election which Zik won in Onicha.

Ita and Udoma were politically disgraced at the polls by elementary school teachers. In fact, both were treated to a deceitful Yoruba political cocktail by Awo as all promises made by AG and Awo came up empty.

Prof. Dede, am still waiting o! where's your proof that there was mat-crossing after the 1951 regional election in the western region, which Zik won

outright? Despite the fact that you have not been able to back up your claim with concrete evidence/s, you have the temerity to accuse others of posting "weighless

falsehoods". who's posting unsubstantiated tales here, now? who's passing off uncorroborated lies as fact?

Give us the names of these NCNC members who won a majority in the '51 election in western nigeria or else, just STFU.

You bold-faced LIAR!!!
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Akanbiedu(m): 11:18am On Oct 17, 2011
T8ksy:

The objective is that, just because the ibos were at the receiving end of a war they instigated does not give them the rights to embark on sheer

revisionism. Many others too are still feeling the pain from their loss as a result of the meaningless war, the ibos dragged us all, into. The ibos got what they asked for-

WAR. Unfortunately, they didn't stop to listen to opposition voices about its consequences. But what about those who didn't want war and were dragged into it and in

the process, lost many loved ones? They should not talk because the ibos suffered greater losses?

dayokanu:

I dont think this is a right way to look at it cos the revisionists amongst them who would always attempt to rewrite history.

How come when everyone talks about Biafra they conveniently omit the preceding events?

There wont be a civil war without a January 15 Ibo coup.

Ok Because Iraqis or Afghans lost vs America doesnt mean they would reverse history and tell us It was Black P0rn0graphy that caused the war

Well, I understand just that there seem to be no end to the back and forth. I suggest the discussion be kept civil from Yorubas end, no need to respond to insults. Just laying the facts and the history should be enough the way Katsumoto does it.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by tck2000(m): 12:15pm On Jun 04, 2019
No idea

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Pictures Of Hired Youths Protesting Against Subsidy Probe Panel’s Report / PDP 2019 Zoning: A Good Step In The Right Direction / Senate Confirms Halilu Shaba As NASRDA DG

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 115
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.