Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,934 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 PM

Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? (11005 Views)

1966 Coup: Why Nigerians unjustly resent the Igbos so much / Why Are The IPOB Igbos So Hateful And Wish Bad On Everyone Else? / Why Yorubas Hate Igbos And Why Igbos Hate Yorubas (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 5:28pm On Oct 13, 2011
Stubborness and arrogance still remains a trait found in the Igbos,

This is an open forum, I have said my piece, you all can say all you want, In the end, we all want to see the betterment of the Igbos, our methods of going about it is all that differs here.

@ Onlytruth

Ichie, Ekene'm ghi! It dosent matter wether you feel I am Igbo or not, the point still remains that if you and your friends who feel you are more Igbo than I am simply because you carry BIAFRA on your head and can prolly type Igbo better than I, have good ideas on how to make the Igbo people better than they are now, then I suggest you say and stop with the name calling. I have no beef with you and yours. I only said it as I see it.

Dede1:

The bolded are statements born of idiosyncrasy if not downright foolishness. It goes further to elucidate the notion if you are actual an Igbo person. Again, by any stroke of luck you are Igbo, you must be definitely an efulefu.

It will be a waste of time to insinuate the alleged information about the war handed down to you by your forbearers did not state the Ndigbo and Biafrans held nocturnal meetings and decided to kill politicians of federal republic of Nigeria, slaughter indigenes of northern, western and mid-western regions residing in eastern region and on the July 6, 1967 declared war on Nigeria.

If the above scenarios were not the benchmarks of the story of the war you heard yet arrived to the conclusion “that war was the stupidest thing the Igbos ever did in our history”, a damnable indictment for those who sat in their homes as war was brought to them and only thing Igbo did wrong was to defend their home land, then you are more deluded than I thought.

Again if you think Nigeria will ever get better than you have seen today, I guess you have not truly checked the scare Nigeria/Biafra civil war left on the psychic of Nigerians. When drunkards such as you talk about “revolution and way forward”, I laugh sarcastically.

Dede!!

Biko hapum aka!! Mu na ghi a'de se okwu. I maintain that Ojukwu led the Igbos into a war that we could never have won. But like I said, thats all in the past. You either stay in the 60's and keep debating on who won the war, or you can come into 2011 and start thinking of how to be a major player in the affairs of this country. I have said my piece. BIAFRA is dead, never to rise again.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 6:01pm On Oct 13, 2011
Okija_juju:

Stubborness and arrogance still remains a trait found in the Igbos,

This is an open forum, I have said my piece, you all can say all you want, In the end, we all want to see the betterment of the Igbos, our methods of going about it is all that differs here.

@ Onlytruth

Ichie, Ekene'm ghi! It dosent matter wether you feel I am Igbo or not, the point still remains that if you and your friends who feel you are more Igbo than I am simply because you carry BIAFRA on your head and can prolly type Igbo better than I, have good ideas on how to make the Igbo people better than they are now, then I suggest you say and stop with the name calling. I have no beef with you and yours. I only said it as I see it.

Dede!!

Biko hapum aka!! Mu na ghi a'de se okwu. I maintain that Ojukwu led the Igbos into a war that we could never have won. But like I said, thats all in the past. You either stay in the 60's and keep debating on who won the war, or you can come into 2011 and start thinking of how to be a major player in the affairs of this country. I have said my piece. BIAFRA is dead, never to rise again.

I am not a fool to initiate subliminal altercation with you. I am happy there was a personality such as Ojukwu in eastern region of Nigeria who led Biafra even imperfectly.

Ojukwu was not perfect by any stretch of imagination. However, I shall always hold him in highest esteem for the vision he had for Nigeria. He never wanted to be Head of State of Nigeria as he lamented such honor fell in the laps of Ogundipe as in any case where military impasse existed when the where-about of the current C-in-C is unknown as in Nigeria about July, 1966. Those who wanted Nigeria in the present socio-political predicament never heeded his calls rather they shamefully rallied around empty skulls to precipitate a war of attrition against Biafra.

In fact, I am not surprise to find you in the same deluded path that saw Nigeria in the state of dilapidated mess. You are an exemplified persona that fit into the saying that “those who did not know where they started a journey can not reach their destination”.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Nobody: 6:14pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dede1:

“those who did not know where they started a journey can not reach their destination”.

Where exactly is this your destination? If it is Biafra, you need a better compass and a stronger pair of walking shoes.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 6:21pm On Oct 13, 2011
Aigbofa:

Where exactly is this your destination? If it is Biafra, you need a better compass and a stronger pair of walking shoes.

Pal, you do not need to worry because I got a better compass and a stronger pair of walking shoes, no make it boots.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dede1:

Pal, you do not need to worry because I got a better compass and a stronger pair of walking shoes, no make it boots.

Godspeed friend. I just had to remind you that last time you embarked on this journey, you got lost in the wilderness, barefoot and with little to eat. So tread carefully.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by mbatuku1: 6:38pm On Oct 13, 2011
Okija_juju:

Iwe e'we na ghi too much o!! I am just talking my own as I see it. Its up to you to either agree, disagree, ignore it or shoot yourself in the head with an Ogbunigwe.

Our people have slowly turned into cry-baby noisemakers. Genocide & Marginalization my Okija-bum. We dont even know what our problems are so how can we find a solution, Keep pointing fingers at others,

You're only sounding like a broken record.

Igbo did this, Igbo did that. What solutions have you proffered?
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 6:59pm On Oct 13, 2011
Aigbofa:

Godspeed friend. I just had to remind you that last time you embarked on this journey, you got lost in the wilderness, barefoot and with little to eat. So tread carefully.

I got your gist, pal. It is once beaten, shy twice. It is already a new day with modern strategy. As you can guess, wilderness must be avoided and plenty of food abound.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by seanet02: 7:02pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dede1:

I got your gist, pal. It is once beaten, shy twice. It is already a new day with modern strategy. As you can guess, wilderness must be avoided and plenty of food abound.
Okay oooo
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 8:10pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dede1:

The issue has nothing to do with entrusting anybody with any political task. Awo was not barred from contesting election in Aba or Port Harcourt.
And why would Awo want to contest election in Aba when he was chosen by the yorubas to manage their affairs? Of what benefit would it have been to the yorubas if Awo contest and win election in Port Harcourt? Yorubas chose Awo first and foremost to lead them to greatness by developing the western region in all ramifications.

Zik contested and won free election in Lagos organized by the Yoruba-dominated western region.
And where is your proof? Instead of brandishing your usual rhetoric of falsehoods, present us with the proof for all to peruse. How many seats were won by NCNC in the 1951 regional election in western Nigeria and whilst at it, give us the names of the NCNC candidates that won these imaginary majority seats (41).

The inherent tribal bigotry of Yoruba people jumpstarted the moment they realized NCNC, Zik’s political party, had taken AG, Awo’s political party, to the cleaners during the polling.
Here you go with ibo’s inherent penchant for cunningness. Cleaners ko! Plumbers ni.
Show us your proof or forever proudly wear the toga of a LIAR on this site

It immediately downed on them that Igbo man, Zik, would become first premier of western region. Yoruba tribal bigots shouted Oti o!!
Anyway why would the president of the igbo union want to manage the affairs of the yorubas- a rival group? Was that why the ibos selected Zik to be their leader? Political hegemony?

Hence carpet-crossing and tribal politics were born into Nigeria’s socio-political society.
Carpet-crossing ko! Na mat-crossing ni!!!

Tribal politics came to the fore in 1941 when Zik and his igbo people engineered the internal rumpus that led to the demise of NYM.

Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 9:19pm On Oct 13, 2011
T8ksy:

And where is your proof? Instead of brandishing your usual rhetoric of falsehoods, present us with the proof for all to peruse. How many seats were won by NCNC in the 1951 regional election in western Nigeria and whilst at it, give us the names of the NCNC candidates that won these imaginary majority seats (41).

There is no doubt you can read the issue with you is comprehension. Zik might be one of the handfuls of Igbo candidates who won election into western regional house of assembly in 1951 under the platform of NCNC, the rest winners were Yoruba, Urhobo, Eshan, Itsekiri or Edo.

It was a simple fact Zik was the leader of NCNC hence would-be the leader of government and future premier of western region. I guess you realize carpet-crossing in the geographical expression known as Nigeria was tribal invention of Yoruba bigots. If the majority seat won by NCNC in western region during 1951 regional election was imaginary as you want us to believe, what necessitated the shameful carpet-crossing mainly by Yoruba in the western regional house of assembly?
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Onlytruth(m): 9:25pm On Oct 13, 2011
@Okija_juju,

I still maintain you are not Igbo; at minimum, you are either a badly raised one or an outright efulefu. cool
You are entitled to your opinions, and so am I.

This is what a MAINSTREAM Igbo politician (Senator Uche Chukwumerije) said about Nigeria:

In the quest for political leverage, our loud deadlines and projections on the election of a Nigerian President of Igbo extraction have been mocked by the Nigerian system. Our place on the rung of Federation's power ladder has slid to 5th or 6th level, yet we are the largest single ethnic group in the country. On the social front, the Igbo cultural personality is treated with as much respect by the rest of Nigeria as the regard which animals of the forest reserve for the once-respected red crest of the rooster!

Chukwumerije is not a secessionist, by any stretch of imagination.
Even his cries now are for redress. He thinks that only a president of Igbo extraction can solve our marginalization and abuse by the Nigerian system. I am not sharing that his optimism. But we both agree on one point: the Nigerian system is killing us politically and culturally.

I would advise you to mind your section of the country and leave us Igbo alone.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by volasunkan: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2011
chukwumer1je-n0t0ri0us abacha ap0lg1st & minister 0f pr0paganda -new leader 0f ndigb0 in 2011! shocked shocked shocked cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Onlytruth(m): 10:38pm On Oct 13, 2011
^^

YES he is, and we are proud of him.
He is ezigbo nwa. cool
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by LogicPower(m): 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2011
onye_okwu: " igbos are the light of this nation and we all knows it"

alj harem: "if so, then very good for the igbos and Nigerians, at least we have a source of light in this dark nation".

Excellent, sharp and witty response. I can't think of a better one.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 11:51pm On Oct 13, 2011
Dede1:

There is no doubt you can read the issue with you is comprehension. Zik might be one of the handfuls of Igbo candidates who won election into western regional house of assembly in 1951 under the platform of NCNC, the rest winners were Yoruba, Urhobo, Eshan, Itsekiri or Edo.

It was a simple fact Zik was the leader of NCNC hence would-be the leader of government and future premier of western region. I guess you realize carpet-crossing in the geographical expression known as Nigeria was tribal invention of Yoruba bigots. If the majority seat won by NCNC in western region during 1951 regional election was imaginary as you want us to believe, what necessitated the shameful carpet-crossing mainly by Yoruba in the western regional house of assembly?

Comprehension ko! Composition ni!!!

Abegi, just answer the question jo or STFU-  Where are your facts? Abi, these NCNC members who won elections into the western regional house of assembly in 1951

don't have names? And how many seats did they win?
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by lagcity(m): 12:35am On Oct 14, 2011
@OP. it is all in your head. The West and North do not hate Igbos. Do you actually think Yoruba and Hausas are so jobless that they sit around the table and discuss on how to hate Igbos? Wake up, the world doesn't revolve around Igbos.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by jason123: 12:56am On Oct 14, 2011
@OP

SMDH!!!

@Okija-Juju
May God continue to reveal the truth to you!
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Akanbiedu(m): 8:31am On Oct 14, 2011
Yorubas on this forum should stop discussing the BIAFRA episode, its not in Yorubas best interest. Remember the Igbos lost a lot of things in that war and it hurts more when you get reminded all the time by a particular set of people. I don't see northerners going back and forth on this BIAFRA issue on nairaland. This is a major reason the Igbos tend to fight Yorubas more on every issue even though Yorubas have never killed Igbos in numbers like the northerners have done in the past.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 8:40am On Oct 14, 2011
Onlytruth:

@Okija_juju,

I still maintain you are not Igbo; at minimum, you are either a badly raised one or an outright efulefu. cool
You are entitled to your opinions, and so am I.

I would advise you to mind your section of the country and leave us Igbo alone.

Lol @ "outright efulefu"  grin

Anyone who dosent share your opinions is an "efulefu" abi?! I laff in Arochukwu,   grin

So please, lets bring some sanity back to this discuss, what is the solution to the cries of marginalization, genocide (I still wonder if the people screaming this know what it means sef) and e.t.c. Infact what is it that the Igbos want exactly and what you do say is the solution,  Please articulate your points clearly so we can both understand each other and maybe disagree to agree;

mbatuku1:

You're only sounding like a broken record.

Igbo did this, Igbo did that. What solutions have you proffered?

Honey, read and you'll understand.

jason123:

@Okija-Juju
May God continue to reveal the truth to you!

I hope I am right o. All I'm saying is we have been singing the same tune since forever, using the same tactics yet nothing has changed. I think its time for a different approach. When you hear those who call themselves "TRUE IGBO's" talking, it sounds like they are whining. I'm just saying a new approach is needed.

@ Dede

Ochi a to gbuo la'm,  Nna biko o! Obu mu cho ghi okwu. Iwe ghi adi na oku too much. No use english woundjure me.

I will celebrate the death of Ojukwu as if my worst enemy died. Since that war, NDI igbo have never recovered.

Akanbi_edu:

Yorubas on this forum should stop discussing the BIAFRA episode, its not in Yorubas best interest. Remember the Igbos lost a lot of things in that war and it hurts more when you get reminded all the time by a particular set of people. I don't see northerners going back and forth on this BIAFRA issue on nairaland. This is a major reason the Igbos tend to fight Yorubas more on every issue even though[b] Yorubas have never killed Igbos in numbers like the northerners have done in the past[/b].

My dear, for how long would we keep dwelling on the past?! Even Liberia has moved past the war. The Rwandan Hutu's have moved past the clear genocidal attacks of the tutsi on them. Why are we still dwelling on this Biafran issue?! Whats even sadder is that kids who never shot or had to run from areial and artillery bombings sef follow dey shout genocide. #SMH!
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Onlytruth(m): 9:00am On Oct 14, 2011
Posted by: Okija_juju

Anyone who dosent share your opinions is an "efulefu" abi?! I laff in Arochukwu,
So please, lets bring some sanity back to this discuss, what is the solution to the cries of marginalization, genocide (I still wonder if the people screaming this know what it means sef) and e.t.c. Infact what is it that the Igbos want exactly and what you do say is the solution, Please articulate your points clearly so we can both understand each other and maybe disagree to agree;

You don't have to share my opinions. For the record I still maintain that you are not Igbo, or at least a badly raised one. There are many of your type these days.
I don't think there is any Igbo who does not know (deep down his heart) that Ojukwu was not perfect. Heck, he was only 32 years when he stood between Ndigbo and outright enslavement or annihilation. Even I never understood these until I started reading books, accounts of what happened in 1966 and the period BEFORE the civil war.
Funnily enough, the 1966 circumstance is exactly repeatable in current Nigeria because all the issues are still very much there.
By attacking Ojukwu who implemented the wishes of the people of Biafra, you are attacking the messenger.
He was a soldier and he did his job the best way he knew.
Only a fool points to his father's house with his left hand.  cool
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Onlytruth(m): 9:07am On Oct 14, 2011
@Okija_juju
So, at least, begin by picking up a book about the events of the past in Nigeria and read profusely. You would become wiser when next you comment on Igbo issues.

As for what we need to do to get what we want, you should begin by listening to and respecting our leaders, and not trying to prove to those who don't care anyway that you are more patriotic than them. That is the single biggest Igbo mistake from the early 50s till date.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by mbatuku1: 9:36am On Oct 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

Lol @ "outright efulefu"  grin

Anyone who dosent share your opinions is an "efulefu" abi?! I laff in Arochukwu,   grin

So please, lets bring some sanity back to this discuss, what is the solution to the cries of marginalization, genocide (I still wonder if the people screaming this know what it means sef) and e.t.c. Infact what is it that the Igbos want exactly and what you do say is the solution,  Please articulate your points clearly so we can both understand each other and maybe disagree to agree;

I hope I am right o. All I'm saying is we have been singing the same tune since forever, using the same tactics yet nothing has changed. I think its time for a different approach. When you hear those who call themselves "TRUE IGBO's" talking, it sounds like they are whining. I'm just saying a new approach is needed.

@ Dede

Ochi a to gbuo la'm,  Nna biko o! Obu mu cho ghi okwu. Iwe ghi adi na oku too much. No use english woundjure me.

I will celebrate the death of Ojukwu as if my worst enemy died. Since that war, NDI igbo have never recovered.

My dear, for how long would we keep dwelling on the past?! Even Liberia has moved past the war. The Rwandan Hutu's have moved past the clear genocidal attacks of the tutsi on them. Why are we still dwelling on this Biafran issue?! Whats even sadder is that kids who never shot or had to run from areial and artillery bombings sef follow dey shout genocide. #SMH!

I'm glad you finally admitted that you do not know what you are talking. You see the reason why you need to STFU on this matter?

You have no clue of what Igbos want or the challenges they face as a people, and yet you are making opinionated statements.

Like I said in the first page to the OP, this thread was unnecessary, because I knew it would attract your likes.

The OP does not speak for Igbos and he is entitled to his own opinions.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 9:57am On Oct 14, 2011
It's only in Igboland you'll find people like Okija Juju. They are the brand of Igbos i hate the most. Uttering such arrant rubbish as "Igbos are their own enemy", "Why can't one Igbo candidate step down for the other" bla bla bla. They make such statement to paint their ethnic group black in the midst of other groups just to gain cheap favour. If i may ask this Okija_Mmawu, what have you done for your village or Igboland in general apart from your ignorant rantings.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:01am On Oct 14, 2011
mbatuku1:

I'm glad you finally admitted that you do not know what you are talking. You see the reason why you need to STFU on this matter?

You have no clue of what Igbos want or the challenges they face as a people, and yet you are making opinionated statements.

Like I said in the first page to the OP, this thread was unnecessary, because I knew it would attract your likes.

The OP does not speak for Igbos and he is entitled to his own opinions.

I thought I should start by addressing you. Biko, go and read from page one and then if you still cant understand the fact that this is an open forum and I am entitled to my opinion same way evryone is, then I suggest you pick up an Ogbunigwe (some functional ones can still be found in Umuahia at ojukwus bunker), load it with gun-powder and shrapnels, aim for your skull and ignite the fuse,  Or better yet, soak your computer in a bucket of water. You do not know me or anyone else on the thread well enough to disrespect anybody.

Play nice or go leave the conversation. My final warning. Have a pleasant day.

afam4eva:

It's only in Igboland you'll find people like Okija Juju. They are the brand of Igbos i hate the most. Uttering such arrant rubbish as "Igbos are their own enemy", "Why can't one Igbo candidate step down for the other" bla bla bla. They make such statement to paint their ethnic group black in the midst of other groups just to gain cheap favour. If i may ask this Okija_Mmawu, what have you done for your village or Igboland in general apart from your ignorant rantings.

Afamefuna, Long time.

Nna, we have not reached the point of hatred o!! Thankgod for the anonimity and distance that the internet provides, it would have been difficult for the weak and those whose line of reasoning differed from the norm to actually air their views for fear of a beat-down. You asked what I have done for my commuinity. Nna I will not lie to impress anybody here. I have done NOTHING worth putting on a billboard or getting a chieftancy title for. I do not have the kind of money the likes of Chikason, Innoson, Ogbuawa and Coscharis and co have. I dont own more than a small piece of land. The only thing for which I am proud of is the fact that I have aided 3 Anambra men with whom I schooled with get jobs today (not trading spare parts at iweka o!! Oil and gas jobs). And I am glad that I could be of help to them.

Just so you understand me, I am saying that all this cry of marginalization this, genocide that, has not worked for us. We tried a war, it didnt work either. How about we take a different approach to issues. We boast of some of the biggest (non-government aided) business owners in this country. I have seen and heard of several success stories of Igbo businessmen who have built an empire from 100,000 Naira that their Ogas settled them with. Why dont we ndi igbo start with an economic take-over. Slowly but surely we would get to the very top. All I see is mediocrity. Look at the Anambra state political scene, it is such a big mess. Abia State is still an eyesore. Onitsha has still not reached its full potential (i know the arguement of the non dredging of the river Niger), why wait on the federal government to put things in place for us. I can off the tip of my fingers count three Igbo business men who can pull resources together and float an airline that could run international flights from Enugu. Look a Sam Mbadiwe airport in Imo State? Innoson makes some of the finest locally assembled commuter busses in Nigeria. Even better that TATA busses, yet none of the six igbo states have Innosson busses as their sole public transportation provider. How many Innosson busses are on F.G Onyewe's fleet or Dan Dollars?! There is so much internal work to be done. I agree that on the federal level, the igbos are being put on the back burner, but lets start from home. Look at the spate of kidnapping in Aba, it was so bad they kidnapped an entire bus of children (IGBO Children). I am looking at the smaller things my friend. Forget Abuja, lets focus on home.

Im sorry if I offend you with my comments, but trust me when I say with the present state of affairs at home, we are not ready to cease Nigeria. I do not believe in the utopia called BIAFRA. I still say that dream is dead. Its been almost 4 decades now since the last shot was fired in that conflict, I say we should move on. We have held on to the past for too long. Time to go back to the drawing board and start hatching a new method of approach to our quest for political relevance and dominance.

Onlytruth:

@Okija_juju
So, at least, begin by picking up a book about the events of the past in Nigeria and read profusely. You would become wiser when next you comment on Igbo issues.

As for what we need to do to get what we want, you should begin by listening to and respecting our leaders, and not trying to prove to those who don't care anyway that you are more patriotic than them. That is the single biggest Igbo mistake from the early 50s till date.

Kedu ndi bu the leaders e na ekwu? Chukwumerije? or Kalu? or Uwazuruike? who please? I am so desparate to know who these leaders are and what exactly they are calling a solution o the agitation of ndi igbo.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Afam4eva(m): 11:15am On Oct 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

Afamefuna, Long time.

Nna, we have not reached the point of hatred o!! Thankgod for the anonimity and distance that the internet provides, it would have been difficult for the weak and those whose line of reasoning differed from the norm to actually air their views for fear of a beat-down. You asked what I have done for my commuinity. Nna I will not lie to impress anybody here. I have done NOTHING worth putting on a billboard or getting a chieftancy title for. I do not have the kind of money the likes of Chikason, Innoson, Ogbuawa and Coscharis and co have. I dont own more than a small piece of land. The only thing for which I am proud of is the fact that I have aided 3 Anambra men with whom I schooled with get jobs today (not trading spare parts at iweka o!! Oil and gas jobs). And I am glad that I could be of help to them.

Just so you understand me, I am saying that all this cry of marginalization this, genocide that, has not worked for us. We tried a war, it didnt work either. How about we take a different approach to issues. We boast of some of the biggest (non-government aided) business owners in this country. I have seen and heard of several success stories of Igbo businessmen who have built an empire from 100,000 Naira that their Ogas settled them with. Why dont we ndi igbo start with an economic take-over. Slowly but surely we would get to the very top. All I see is mediocrity. Look at the Anambra state political scene, it is such a big mess. Abia State is still an eyesore. Onitsha has still not reached its full potential (i know the arguement of the non dredging of the river Niger), why wait on the federal government to put things in place for us. I can off the tip of my fingers count three Igbo business men who can pull resources together and float an airline that could run international flights from Enugu. Look a Sam Mbadiwe airport in Imo State? Innoson makes some of the finest locally assembled commuter busses in Nigeria. Even better that TATA busses, yet none of the six igbo states have Innosson busses as their sole public transportation provider. How many Innosson busses are on F.G Onyewe's fleet or Dan Dollars?! There is so much internal work to be done. I agree that on the federal level, the igbos are being put on the back burner, but lets start from home. Look at the spate of kidnapping in Aba, it was so bad they kidnapped an entire bus of children (IGBO Children). I am looking at the smaller things my friend. Forget Abuja, lets focus on home.

Im sorry if I offend you with my comments, but trust me when I say with the present state of affairs at home, we are not ready to cease Nigeria. I do not believe in the utopia called BIAFRA. I still say that dream is dead. Its been almost 4 decades now since the last shot was fired in that conflict, I say we should move on. We have held on to the past for too long. Time to go back to the drawing board and start hatching a new method of approach to our quest for political relevance and dominance.

I get your point and it's not misplace. But the truth is that no group, i repeat, no group in Nigeria can attain a great height without the help of government. The federal government controls almost everything in Nigeria. Don't think that those Igbo business men would not like to move to the east. The question is that the infrastructure to accomodate the large number of dexterous industralists of Igbo origin is not available in the east. Unfortunately the people that are supposed to out this infrastructures in place are only there for their selfish interest, just like their peers in other parts of the country. Even though Igbo have come back since the civil war when it comes to personal achievements , but collectively we're still wounded and the government of the day is making sure that the Igbos never come back as a group because that will make the Igbos the most powerful group in Nigeria and it will be a threat to the long years of Hausa/Yoruba oligarchy. I hope that someday, Igbo leaders, business men, scholars, Academicians, Engineers, sports people, Entertainers will come together to make Igboland a better place. I know this will be difficult to attain in the present day Nigeria where Igbos are hated by the political elites from other groups. That's why you see some Igbos advocating the creation of Biafra. I used to be one of them but not any longer because i believe Igbos can once again take their place in the scheme of things in Nigeria like it was prior to the civil war. let's just keep on fighting and hope that things will get better.

Btw, i didn't mean to offend you either. One love.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by T8ksy(m): 12:32pm On Oct 14, 2011
Akanbi_edu:

Yorubas on this forum should stop discussing the BIAFRA episode, its not in Yorubas best interest. Remember the Igbos lost a lot of things in that war and it hurts more when you get reminded all the time by a particular set of people. I don't see northerners going back and forth on this BIAFRA issue on nairaland. This is a major reason the Igbos tend to fight Yorubas more on every issue even though Yorubas have never killed Igbos in numbers like the northerners have done in the past.

So if the ibos keep bring up the biafran war, the yorubas should just shut up because according to your thought process, the ibos lost a lot and as such are entitled to pesist in boring us silly with stories of "genocide", "starvation", sheer revisionism ati bebelo, etc etc.

Fyi, we yorubas lost a lot too maybe not on the same grand scale as the ibos but yes, we suffered many losses too. However, the war was not our war. we never wanted war whereas the ibos wanted war and did everything possible to make sure that the situation would not be resolved through dialogue.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by EkoIle1: 12:49pm On Oct 14, 2011
lol @ another ibo please pity low self esteem thread

Who hates who?

You clowns don't love yourselves, every ibo man and woman get naira sign on his/her forehead and he/she is a minute away from getting kidnapped or killed for money.

Even your school children, your leaders and public officials are fair target,

useless people,
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 1:21pm On Oct 14, 2011
Okija_juju:

Lol @ "outright efulefu" grin

Anyone who dosent share your opinions is an "efulefu" abi?! I laff in Arochukwu, grin

So please, lets bring some sanity back to this discuss, what is the solution to the cries of marginalization, genocide (I still wonder if the people screaming this know what it means sef) and e.t.c. Infact what is it that the Igbos want exactly and what you do say is the solution, Please articulate your points clearly so we can both understand each other and maybe disagree to agree;

@ Dede

Ochi a to gbuo la'm, Nna biko o! Obu mu cho ghi okwu. Iwe ghi adi na oku too much. No use english woundjure me.

I thought everybody on this debate was rounded in the sphere of social order. Unfortunately, your line of argument tends to defeat my notion. I had read about acts of kidnap from all nukes and crannies of the cesspit called Nigeria. There is no doubt an undiscerning onlooker to the craps you have vomited on this thread will readily conclude that kidnap is the brainchild and exclusive handiwork of Ndigbo in Nigeria.

You definitely looked foolish in attempt to sound human. Look pal, you are free as air to celebrate the death of Ojukwu even while sitting on your head. The fact that you helped schoolmates secure jobs and had the effrontery to announce such petty endeavor to the world buttresses the stream of thought you have shown on this issue. If you were employer of these imaginary schoolmates you highlighted, you would have clogged Internet with delusional euphoria born out of idiosyncrasy.

In fact, I am surprised you are yet to foolishly insinuate shoes, sandals and slipper made in Aba were the major cause of joint pains and arthritis in Nigeria.

I really do not care if you are aged enough to understand yourself. However, you have stated a member of your forbearers intimated you with fairy tales about Nigeria/Biafra war. Let me play a devil’s advocate along with you that Ojukwu should have succumbed to the aggressors, probably you will not be here today arguing and spewing crap because your mother could be among the girls willfully despoiled by those who had shown they could despoil and maim any Igbo or eastern regional woman in northern region of Nigeria.

Have you momentarily asked yourself why are Nigerians so dormant in the face of worst socio-politico-economic oppression ever seen anywhere on earth? Let me tell you that the reason is hidden behind Nigeria/Biafra civil war. This is a food for thought.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by aljharem3: 1:36pm On Oct 14, 2011
T8ksy:

So if the ibos keep bring up the biafran war, the yorubas should just shut up because according to your thought process, the ibos lost a lot and as such are entitled to pesist in boring us silly with stories of "genocide", "starvation", sheer revisionism ati bebelo, etc etc.

Fyi, we yorubas lost a lot too maybe not on the same grand scale as the ibos but yes, we suffered many losses too. However, the war was not our war. we never wanted war whereas the ibos wanted war and did everything possible to make sure that the situation would not be resolved through dialogue.

I really think you should take akanbi's advice. You should stop discussing BIAFRA with Igbos, It was a painful part of history and all you people is discussing with people that are in pain psychologically and would not discuss intelligently with you but instead would start posting crap.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by EkoIle1: 2:18pm On Oct 14, 2011
Dede1:
Let me tell you that the reason is hidden behind Nigeria/Biafra civil war. This is a food for thought.        

As usual, I'll ignore the rest of your mindless and doodoo rants.

Before independence, we had our separate regions and were developing according to our various potentials and capabilities.

Before independence, ibo people had the opportunity to have their own biafra or whatever you people call it just by doing your own thing, it is also a fact that the SW didn't want any part of Nigeria or all 3 regions under the same umbrella called Nigeria.

Zik and ibo people obviously didn't like that idea so they teamed up with the North to take away your biafra dream from you years before ojukwu dumbly went to war to undo what Zik and ibo people saddled the whole of southern Nigeria with.

Zik and ibo people killed their own biafra dream years before it started, they killed southern Nigeria from the get go

ibo people again sent Nigerian on a blood letting spree when they slaughtered military and political leaders from other tribes, but spared their own kinsmen, even ZIK as the president of Nigeria was tipped off so he ran off to look at his own country boil out of control while sipping wine in a foreign country.

After the blood bath, Nigeria hopelessly handed power to another ibo man when the country asked Aguiyi-Irons to be the head of state and hoping to see justice and punishment dished out to the blood thirsty murderers and seditionists, the same new ibo head of state slapped Nigerians in the face by letting them go free which in turn led to the retaliatory massacre of ibo people up north.

Time and time again, ibo people are always displaying the fact that they ibo people have no set core principles, can not and never should be trusted, ibo people dug their own grave and are still digging it till this very minute.

in 1979, ibo people have the grand opportunity to rectify their errors and goofiness, but as usual, they ran under the northern malam's babariga just for another ibo man to be made another second fiddle via ekwueme who as usual, didn't transfer the dividends of his dubious encounter and vice presidency to his people back home.

Now, while the SW is staying true to it's core beliefs, sense of independence and self determination, ibo people are still lost, they are still looking for relevance with under the same northern  babariga.

The way I see it and according to your history, ZIK caused biafra because the option to form the state of biafra was on the table or shall I say in ibo people's hands, they didn't even have to fire one single bullet, but zik denied ibo people that opportunity so every time you clowns open mouth to talk about biafra or blame other people, first look in the mirror.

The same lack of self worth and identity that plagued you back then is still there till this very second.

That is your food for thought.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Dede1(m): 2:53pm On Oct 14, 2011
Eko Ile:

As usual, I'll ignore the rest of your mindless and doodoo rants.

Before independence, we had our separate regions and were developing according to our various potentials and capabilities.

Before independence, ibo people had the opportunity to have their own biafra or whatever you people call it just by doing your own thing, it is also a fact that the SW didn't want any part of Nigeria or all 3 regions under the same umbrella called Nigeria.

Zik and ibo people obviously didn't like that idea so they teamed up with the North to take away your biafra dream from you years before ojukwu dumbly went to war to undo what Zik and ibo people saddled the whole of southern Nigeria with.

Zik and ibo people killed their own biafra dream years before it started, they killed southern Nigeria from the get go

ibo people again sent Nigerian on a blood letting spree when they slaughtered military and political leaders from other tribes, but spared their own kinsmen, even ZIK as the president of Nigeria was tipped off so he ran off to look at his own country boil out of control while sipping wine in a foreign country.

After the blood bath, Nigeria hopelessly handed power to another ibo man when the country asked Aguiyi-Irons to be the head of state and hoping to see justice and punishment dished out to the blood thirsty murderers and seditionists, the same new ibo head of state slapped Nigerians in the face by letting them go free which in turn led to the retaliatory massacre of ibo people up north.

Time and time again, ibo people are always displaying the fact that they ibo people have no set core principles, can not and never should be trusted, ibo people dug their own grave and are still digging it till this very minute.

in 1979, ibo people have the grand opportunity to rectify their errors and goofiness, but as usual, they ran under the northern malam's babariga just for another ibo man to be made another second fiddle via ekwueme who as usual, didn't transfer the dividends of his dubious encounter and vice presidency to his people back home.

Now, while the SW is staying true to it's core beliefs, sense of independence and self determination, ibo people are still lost, they are still looking for relevance with under the same northern  babariga.

The way I see it and according to your history, ZIK caused biafra because the option to form the state of biafra was on the table or shall I say in ibo people's hands, they didn't even have to fire one single bullet, but zik denied ibo people that opportunity so every time you clowns open mouth to talk about biafra or blame other people, first look in the mirror.

The same lack of self worth and identity that plagued you back then is still there till this very second.

That is your food for thought.

It will amount to disingenuous act on my part to label you an illiterate. You are not illiterate by mere insinuation. Probably the wanton disregard of recorded events in your usual juvenile rant is predicated on free education Awolowo introduced in western region of Nigeria.

Please take time off to disabuse your silly and bigotry mind and reread this conjectural crap you called post. When you regain human consciousness and give sound perusal to this junk, you will definitely shout Oti o! And probably ask how on earth you posted the incoherent rant.

At one point is all about Igbo and moment later is about Nigeria and country. After spending my precious time on the piece of junk you posted, I thought Igbo is Nigeria and country all in one.
Re: Why The North And West Hate Igbos So Much? by Okijajuju1(m): 3:07pm On Oct 14, 2011
Dede1:

I thought everybody on this debate was rounded in the sphere of social order. Unfortunately, your line of argument tends to defeat my notion. I had read about acts of kidnap from all nukes and crannies of the cesspit called Nigeria. There is no doubt an undiscerning onlooker to the craps you have vomited on this thread will readily conclude that kidnap is the brainchild and exclusive handiwork of Ndigbo in Nigeria.

You definitely looked foolish in attempt to sound human. Look pal, you are free as air to celebrate the death of Ojukwu even while sitting on your head. The fact that you helped schoolmates secure jobs and had the effrontery to announce such petty endeavor to the world buttresses the stream of thought you have shown on this issue. If you were employer of these imaginary schoolmates you highlighted, you would have clogged Internet with delusional euphoria born out of idiosyncrasy.

In fact, I am surprised you are yet to foolishly insinuate shoes, sandals and slipper made in Aba were the major cause of joint pains and arthritis in Nigeria.

I really do not care if you are aged enough to understand yourself. However, you have stated a member of your forbearers intimated you with fairy tales about Nigeria/Biafra war. Let me play a devil’s advocate along with you that Ojukwu should have succumbed to the aggressors, probably you will not be here today arguing and spewing crap because your mother could be among the girls willfully despoiled by those who had shown they could despoil and maim any Igbo or eastern regional woman in northern region of Nigeria.

Have you momentarily asked yourself why are Nigerians so dormant in the face of worst socio-politico-economic oppression ever seen anywhere on earth? Let me tell you that the reason is hidden behind Nigeria/Biafra civil war. This is a food for thought.

Once more Dede, There is absolutely no need holding a debate with you. It is obvious that you cant be reasoned with. You pick what you want to read and in a bid to sound intellectually superior you add insults to every response. Anyways, I wouldnt stoop so low as to indulge you. It was the likes of you that led the Igbos into war without any training whatsoever, with little (inferior) arms and ammunitions, with no real strategy or plan, watched them suffer and die at the mercy of the better equipped Nigerian Army while your uncle Ojukwu and his cronies were hiding in a fortified bunker in Umuahia, enjoying food, electricity and water. When the war came to a head, he fled the country only to be pardoned and he came home to a heroes reception, took the most beautiful girl (his best friends daughter) as a wife and has taken no responsibility or apologised for the lives lost in that useless war. YES!! I wish he suffers terribly before he dies in agony and pain. I pray his soul is rejected in heaven and he burns in the hottest part of hell. Thats how I feel and if you dont like it sir, well feel free to pop an artery.

Kidnappings started with the first batch of Niger Delta militants in the creeks who used it as a means of sending a message to the government. When it started out, they never demended a ransom. Well now all hell has been let loose, Warri, Bayelsa, Rivers and Akwa Ibom are now kidnapping everything that moves. TRUST ndi Igbo not to be left out. ABA joined the fray and brought a whole new twist to the game. Kidnapping an entire bus filled with little kids, how heartless can anyone be. That was my point sir. Aba got so mad that all the banks in the state closed up shop, thanks to ndi igbo. Aba's madness was so bad they had to station an APC at every intersection in Aba. Yes sir, Aba didnt start kidnapping but they sure as hell took it to the next level. Did you know that the first recorded case of a kidnap victim being killed was recorded in Aba? Yes, and that was after they had obtained the ransom!! I was in PH when the kidnapping saga got to its worst point, but Aba made Port-harcourt look like a bad disney world ride.

When I talked about helping my friends secure jobs, I didnt say that out of arrogance sir, It was in response to a question posed by Afam, and I did my best to respond with as much humility as I possibly could. I didnt name names nor call the companies where they work. I dont know why it is eating you up so bad, I wonder what you would have done if I had said I tarred the entire roads in my community. You have alot of pent up anger for which I recommend you see a shrink sir. This I repeat is an open forum, It is the likes of you that shout down others in a meeting and end up making yourself into a nuisance. Please if you cant hold a civilzed discussion devoid of curses and insults, I suggest once more sir that you leave the forum.  Once more have a good day.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

MY SON WILL BECOME THE NEXT GOVERNOR OF KWARA STATE ..bukola saraki(PHOTOS) / Confusion: DSS Charges Nnamdi Kanu For Treasonable Felony. / Sacked Plateau Lawmakers: Thousands Take Mass Rally To Supreme Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.