Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,851 members, 7,813,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:59 PM

Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio (26092 Views)

Sunday Igboho: Tinubu Gave Me N2 Million When I Visited Him At Bourdillon / Dahiru Buba: Buhari Trekker Gets Car, N2 Million From Gombe Governor / APC Members Kick Against Akpabio’s Defection, Petition Oshiomhole (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Islie: 8:08am On Aug 14, 2023
"All senators received two million naira. And I am making this comment with a heavy heart because he (Akpabio) is the cause of this controversy.

The Senate Chief Whip, Ali Ndume, says there is no “big deal” in Nigerian senators being paid N2 million each as recess allowance.

Mr Ndume, in an interview with BBC Hausa Service on Saturday, also said sharing a total of N218 million among the 109 senators to enjoy their vacation is nothing special.

After the screening and confirmation of the ministerial nominees last Monday, the Senate President, Godswill Akpabio, told senators that money had been credited to their bank accounts to enjoy their vacation, which began on 7 August.

Mr Akpabio’s statement was greeted with public criticisms among Nigerians though some of the senators later admitted that each of them received N2 million as allowance for seven weeks’ holiday allowance, which will end on 26 September.

PREMIUM TIMES reported that the allowance was illegal as it is not provided for in the remuneration package approved by the Revenue Mobilisation, Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC), the body authorised by law to prepare salaries and allowances for public servants.

Drastic action against Akpabio

Mr Ndume, who represents Borno North, blamed the senate president for disclosing details of the holiday allowance to the public, saying it was like an allowance an employee is paid while going on leave.

“It’s common knowledge that if any employee is going on leave, he or she is entitled to a leave grant. That was the money we received, and it is nothing unusual or special.

“All senators received two million naira. And I am making this comment with a heavy heart because he (Akpabio) is the cause of this controversy.

“He created an impression as if we were given some special or huge amounts of money. What’s the big deal if I receive two million naira allowance in my capacity as a senator,” he said.

The chief whip said that other senators are planning to take drastic action against the senate president for exposing details of the vacation allowance.

“He made a very wrong statement, and I warned him immediately that his comments were unbecoming of an elder.

“In fact, we are even planning to take drastic action against him if he continues making unguarded statements and acting as if we are kids
,” Mr Ndume said.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/615950-senate-whip-says-n2-million-holidays-allowance-not-unusual-may-move-against-akpabio.html

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Nobody: 8:14am On Aug 14, 2023
I have suddenly dislike akpabio with that his seductive smile. Asiwaju is currently very angry with him, I don't know why he chose to be unfortunate with what he did. Please he should be very careful and not give our government a bad name.

21 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by orion7: 8:16am On Aug 14, 2023
Everything about akpiabio stinks.

This bokoharam commander is not diff either

It is time for Africans to take back thier countries from western stooges. I support the Niger army.

108 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by slawomir: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2023
Damnnn niggar
Bunch of miscreants
Apc and tinubu is worse
36 states, 47 ministers
41 of the 47 ministers have corruption cases
9 of the 10 governors who lost elections are now ministers

Miscreants...Recycling of old thieves
I copied the below write up from somewhere...please give it a Deep Thought

In 2006,the EFCC Chairman Nuhu Ribadu, before the Senate, listed 5 govs as the Worst Stealing Governors as:*

1. Orji Kalu , Abia State
2. Ahmed Bola Tin-U-buu , Lagos State
3. Ahmed Sani yerima , Zamfara State
4. George Akume, Benue State
5. Abudulahi Adamu, Nassarawa State

Today, in 2023, 17 years after.

Orji Kalu = Senator
Bola Ahmed Tin-U-buu = President
Ahmed Sani Yerima = Senator
George Akume = Senator now Appointed by Tinubu as SGF.
Abdullah Adamu = APC Chairman.

The then EFCC Chairman Nuhu Ribadu that did not prosecute Tin-U-buu, appointed by Tin-U-buu to be Special Assistant on Security

The Senate is currently headed by another EFCC regular, Senator Akpabio still under prosecution for stealing billions

Nigeria is under siege, corruption is winning...a revolution is needed if not we are doomed

163 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Voicetoday: 8:26am On Aug 14, 2023
President of Kenya, Ruto William send Powerful Message to Tinubu & ECOWAS

Watch video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xUNQB8cFFhs
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by tunjijones(m): 8:27am On Aug 14, 2023
But LP senator representing FCT said they didn't get anything.

Make politicians dey fear God. In this crisis of pummeling poverty Una still dey collect leave allowance.

Okay what do you people even want to sacrifice for Nigeria? So it's only the populace that shd bear all the hardship.

God purnish all Nigerian politicians.

39 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Almiron: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2023
Apkabio right now

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by adecz: 8:28am On Aug 14, 2023
😐😐😐😐

Akpabio and smelly corruption have
always been like 5 and 6.

It's only an unscrupulous party like APC
and Tinubu that can make such a
criminal Senate President..

Almost all the major APC nominees have
corruption cases on their head.

In fact, as far as APC philosophy is concerned,
part of the requirements for a good
appointment is to have a serious corruption
case against you.

While in the Police state headquarters in
port Harcourt, Bawa the disgraced EFCC chairman was suspended & undergoing a corruption investigation for selling off
seized petrol tankers without permission, when out of the blues Buhari made him EFCC chairman and the investigation catch brake❗️❗️❗️

29 Likes

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by bigdammyj: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2023
Noted.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by bestman09(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2023
Sharing our commonwealth as usual.

Many households do not get up to N2m yearly, yet our distinguished senators just got N2m as pocket money for resting, even though they have not done anything meaningful yet.

This is not even part of their salary and other allowances.

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by musty2245: 8:29am On Aug 14, 2023
Idiots

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Racoon(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2023
Ali Ndume will be forming patroitic citizen and senator outside the corrupt chambers of the NASS, but once inside there it is life back to default mode. A national assembly of renowned criminals

33 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by MEGA4BILLION(m): 8:29am On Aug 14, 2023
You liken the the money to leave grant and you don't want the money to be announce but civil servant salary and leave grant are used as jingles by your political cohort.

Oga, there is no offing of the mic this time.

30 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Administration1: 8:30am On Aug 14, 2023
While someone works for 24 days and receives 30k

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by mhmsadyq(m): 8:30am On Aug 14, 2023
Ndume is a pretender. Even his colleagues know this very well.
Why they always shun him when it matters.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by IAMBOSS1990: 8:31am On Aug 14, 2023
Poor man dey think of wetin to chop, una dey talk leave grant. Imagine the disrespect.

61 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by oz4real83(m): 8:31am On Aug 14, 2023
Some comments I read above make me wanna puke embarassed. This is a time when many Nigerians can't afford a decent meal because of govt's mismanagement. The legislature is still illegally allocating money to themselves despite the cry everywhere that their renumeration are already far too much shocked. There are many that they share that the public don't know about. This is no longer normal, there is a sickness attached to the insatiable looting shocked embarassed

30 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by MichaelSokoto(m): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2023
PDAPCriminals

Wen we have ppl on NL here defending youths like Tijani Bosun 4 chickening out in front of SenaThieves during screening, how will dis con3 move forward?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Memphitz357: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2023
This 10th Senate assembly led by Akpabio will turn out to be the undoing of Nigeria.
A Saraki is a billion times better than an Akpabio!!

25 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Olahmi05: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2023
Please God save us and protect our family.
Tins dry for here. Baba God open a way for me.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by phr0nesis(m): 8:32am On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
I have suddenly dislike akpabio with that his seductive smile. Asiwaju is currently very angry with him, I don't know why he chose to be unfortunate with what he did. Please he should be very careful and not give our government a bad name.
Angry with him for exposing a sad truth?
Your government is so fantastically corrupt and wicked for asking the poor masses to be patient with hardship, while approving the extravagant lifestyles of those in government

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by matm: 8:32am On Aug 14, 2023
Why the fuss if it is normal and legal.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Prenonjebose: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2023
Akpabio is just a wild, overfed and uncouth representation of a corrupt Nigerian politician. I am happy his actions were public. He was made the senate president for a reason

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Klington: 8:33am On Aug 14, 2023
shocked
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by crossfm: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2023
Hehehe .

Yes,let the masses continue to be patient, while our leaders feed fat grin.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by GoodRocks: 8:34am On Aug 14, 2023
barmry:
He has learnt from this. The senators should just move on abeg

Even though we know that the money is billions not any 2m naira, but Dude are you normal? Which one is the Senators should move on?

In a sane country like China, those senators including akpabio would have been executed on national TV by firing squad for massive corruptions and public funds embezzlement.

U wey dey work for 30 days how much u dey receive? Let alone holiday allowance

37 Likes 5 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Igbo APC Lagos Rally. PICTURES... / How Many Igbo People Have You Worked With? - Peter Obi Asks El-rufai (WATCH) / FG Orders Closure Of Four Foreign Missions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.