Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,943 members, 7,817,768 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:08 PM

Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio (26099 Views)

Dahiru Buba: Buhari Trekker Gets Car, N2 Million From Gombe Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by comrChris(m): 12:26pm On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

What has oppressed and oppressor got to do with the Senate going on recess and getting their N2m recess allowance as confirmed by many sources including Senators who shared the alert screenshot?

Must we lament aimlessly?

People like me work and get paid. I go on vacation and get paid.

N2m recess allowance for Senators whose direct salary is about N29m per annum, is certainly not outrageous.

Many Nigerians working for top multinationals earn more than N20m per annum. Some even at entry level roles. So why would I be vexed that Senators earn N29m per annum or earn N2m for their recess?

So maybe that is why I do not reason like a part of the ignorant mob.
The joke is on you
You think you are fooling people, you're fooling yourself. 29mil per annum my foot.
Which multinational will give you holiday just after two months of work with holiday allowance? Not to talk of economic situation like this.
You're obviously one of those benefiting from this evil government.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by ufotunang: 12:34pm On Aug 14, 2023
ambale:

I wonder the company that gives almost two months leave to all workers simultaneously

These guys are plain evil

What exactly are they doing that warrants going on leave?
..abi... they just resume duty on June 2023 and after 2 months then going on leave by August 2023 with 2 million naira.. nawaoooo... while the common man is working from January to December with nothing much to show financially...they even owe the common man arrears of salary
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by ufotunang: 12:43pm On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

Nonsense is when every other employer and employee go on vacation, but somehow expect the legislators not to go for theirs.

Isn't that selfish?

Didn't they show patriotism and good work ethic by delaying the recess to accommodate the late nomination of Ministers by the Tinubu Presidency?

As you are not a Robot, so are they not a Robot.

Or due to the "situation" in the country, you want them to pass a labour law that all employees must continue working without vacation and all employers must stop paying vacation allowance?

Let stop reasoning like a mob.
..the senators just resume duty on June 2023 and going to vacation on August 2023...just 2 months of duty.....so just after 2 months of duty so they must go on vacation...is that right...can't they work up to 6 months before going on vacation
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Throwback: 12:52pm On Aug 14, 2023
ufotunang:
..the senators just resume duty on June 2023 and going to vacation on August 2023...just 2 months of duty.....so just after 2 months of duty so they must go on vacation...is that right...can't they work up to 6 months before going on vacation

You are very right, but it seems their calendar has been set long before this current class.

Also, it would seem that it is not a Nigerian only phenomenon.

The US Congress of both Senate and House of Reps that we have copied in Nigeria, also go on recess quite frequently.

In fact, it would seem that an August Recess is an international standard amongst many other recesses in the year.

According to them, it is not only for enjoyment but to reach out to their constituents back home and also to work offline on their planned bills to be initiated.

comrChris:
The joke is on you
You think you are fooling people, you're fooling yourself. 29mil per annum my foot.
Which multinational will give you holiday just after two months of work with holiday allowance? Not to talk of economic situation like this.
You're obviously one of those benefiting from this evil government.

Weirdly enough, I have nothing to gain except for Nigeria to work.

However, I strongly believe that our news media prefer sensationalism over factual information. As such, a lot of people have become so anti-government that they are willing to believe the worst and behave like a mob, rather than be better educated with the facts.

As for the justification for their recess, just as Nigerian workers in both public and private establishments are still going for their statutory vacations and enjoying their vacation allowances, so are these public officers allowed to do so as already laid down in their annual legislative schedule.

Or did the many opposition Senators complain that a crime has been perpetrated with the funds they received, or that the Senate led by APC was wrong to proceed for a recesses that was already delayed to screen Ministers whose nominations came in late?

Ignorance is the reason why many claim a serious Government should do so so within so so time, or stop so so practice, only to get there and see that the previous assertions made are not practical.

I am not a member of the ignorant mob.

You may disagree with my submission, but it has been proven right by the many critics who later found themselves in power and became lame.

1 Like

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by judatech: 1:05pm On Aug 14, 2023
Price?
PennStatev:

Purify your listening experience with the boombox bass speakers.

🔋40hrs playtime
✴️ BIG SPEAKERS
🔘Bluetooth 5.1 Speaker
⭕💯Brand new
🌊IPX6 Splash proof protection
🔺Super sounds
🔻Good bass

Nationwide delivery

Pay on delivery

Call or WhatsApp

Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Dhanielzoro93(m): 1:06pm On Aug 14, 2023
tunjijones:
But LP senator representing FCT said they didn't get anything.

Make politicians dey fear God. In this crisis of pummeling poverty Una still dey collect leave allowance.

Okay what do you people even want to sacrifice for Nigeria? So it's only the populace that shd bear all the hardship.

God purnish all Nigerian politicians.
Why is God still smiling with this 9ja politicians ? They greediness is too much for this people to be alive
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Larryndelaw: 1:19pm On Aug 14, 2023
tunjijones:
But LP senator representing FCT said they didn't get anything.

Make politicians dey fear God. In this crisis of pummeling poverty Una still dey collect leave allowance.

Okay what do you people even want to sacrifice for Nigeria? So it's only the populace that shd bear all the hardship.

God purnish all Nigerian politicians.
LP and his supporters are chronic Liars. Obidient were supporting her last week
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by simplesearch: 2:38pm On Aug 14, 2023
This might be the hand of God.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by nikz(f): 3:30pm On Aug 14, 2023
This people just dey joke with Nigerians sha
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by ambale(m): 3:33pm On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

Nonsense is when every other employer and employee go on vacation, but somehow expect the legislators not to go for theirs.

Isn't that selfish?

Didn't they show patriotism and good work ethic by delaying the recess to accommodate the late nomination of Ministers by the Tinubu Presidency?

As you are not a Robot, so are they not a Robot.

Or due to the "situation" in the country, you want them to pass a labour law that all employees must continue working without vacation and all employers must stop paying vacation allowance?

Let stop reasoning like a mob.

You be werey sincerely

How many companies dey give unnecessary leave like this.

I ask again what is their work that warrants them a long leave?

They practically do nothing, even the screening, we saw so many questionable characters there and they just pass everyone

Continue supporting madness, one day you go mad true true
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Dybala11(m): 5:07pm On Aug 14, 2023
IconicR:
I have suddenly dislike akpabio with that his seductive smile. Asiwaju is currently very angry with him, I don't know why he chose to be unfortunate with what he did. Please he should be very careful and not give our government a bad name.
Giving your government a bad name by exposing the rot in it??
You lots fooled Nigerians into believing that you're coming to end corruption, mismanagement of public funds/reckless spending, and put Nigeria on the right path. Till now all we've been getting from you is excuses, with the status quo remaining the same. E be like say this country don enter one chance laidis. Bunch of thieves, like PDP like APC, birds of a feather flocking together. 😂😂😂😂😂😂
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Dybala11(m): 5:09pm On Aug 14, 2023
bestman09:
Sharing our commonwealth as usual.

Many households do not get up to N2m yearly, yet our distinguished senators just got N2m as pocket money for resting, even though they have not done anything meaningful yet.

This is not even part of their salary and other allowances.
Tinubu was proposing 8k per household for a whole month weeks ago. Not surprised sha, our leaders are a reflection of us.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Solsix(m): 5:41pm On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

My point is that I answered your question with a global perspective/reference.

Except you were just lamenting aimlessly and preferred to remain ignorant?

Then I'm sorry for the enlightenment.
Your point??
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Elsueno: 6:54pm On Aug 14, 2023
Throwback:

What has oppressed and oppressor got to do with the Senate going on recess and getting their N2m recess allowance as confirmed by many sources including Senators who shared the alert screenshot?

Must we lament aimlessly?

People like me work and get paid. I go on vacation and get paid.

N2m recess allowance for Senators whose direct salary is about N29m per annum, is certainly not outrageous.

Many Nigerians working for top multinationals earn more than N20m per annum. Some even at entry level roles. So why would I be vexed that Senators earn N29m per annum or earn N2m for their recess?

So maybe that is why I do not reason like a part of the ignorant mob.

U dey craze, re multinational workers paid with tax payers Money!!!....Despite being d poverty capital of d world, u think it's normal 4 law makers to be earning such huge allowances...da hell is d matter with u children of corn undecided . Have some shame
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Babinski: 11:42am On Aug 15, 2023
Islie:
"All senators received two million naira. And I am making this comment with a heavy heart because he (Akpabio) is the cause of this controversy.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/615950-senate-whip-says-n2-million-holidays-allowance-not-unusual-may-move-against-akpabio.html

Serving as a legislator is a part-time job and so there is no justification for any leave bonus or leave grant, particularly when it is not provided for by extant laws and regulations.
Re: Ali Ndume: N2 Million “Holidays” Allowance Not Unusual, May Move Against Akpabio by Federalis: 2:27pm On Aug 15, 2023
This goes to show that people don't like the truth.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Borno Sets Condition For Boko Haram Negotiation With FG - Vanguard / How FG Plotted Senate Invasion/mace Snatching By Thugs - Wike / How Many Igbo People Have You Worked With? - Peter Obi Asks El-rufai (WATCH)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.