Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,433 members, 7,812,284 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:10 AM

When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? (19745 Views)

Xmas: No Relationship Starts In November, Protect Your Wallet - Lady Tells Men / Top Sex Positions That Can Increase Your Butt Size - Officially For Ladies / Does Dating A 17 Year Old Makes Me A Pedophile ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 5:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
After seeing this topic -https://www.nairaland.com/7803848/leave-good-woman-man-because -
I decided to ask when does "We are dating" officially starts in a relationship..

Assuming a guy exchange number with a girl on Friday, they began chatting, on Friday the following week, they met for lunch...

Fast forward to a month later, the guy discovered that Tuesday before the Friday they met for lunch, the girl had sex with a frnd..

Can the guy claim the girl cheated while they were dating??

I'm confused here ..

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
The relationship starts immediately she agrees to his love request
In this case she didn't cheat on him because he's yet to pop the question .
Slept with a friend is the part I don't understand, how?

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 5:49pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
The relationship starts immediately she agrees to his love request
In this case she didn't cheat on him because he's yet to pop the question .
Slept with a friend is the part I don't understand, how?
Surely as a single girl without commitment, some girls have male FWB...
Then when she has a serious guy in her life, she'll end all commitment and focus....

"Immediately she agrees to his love request".. how?
Some guys that'll see you on the road and begin to shower you with love talk so how will we know the original love?

Abi once a guy collect your number, you are now dating? If I collect another guy number the next day nko?

13 Likes 4 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Surely as a single girl without commitment, some girls have make FWB...
Then when she has a serious guy in her life, she'll end all commitment and focus....

"Immediately she agrees to his love request".. how?
Some guys that'll see you on the road and begin to shower you with love talk so how will we know the original love?

Abi once a guy collect your number, you are now dating? If I collect another guy number the next day nko?

Giving your number to a guy doesn't equates to dating na.
The dating starts immediately you agree to his toasting, that's what I'm saying.

21 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 5:53pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
Giving your number to a guy doesn't equates to dating na.
The dating starts immediately you agree to his toasting, that's what I'm saying.
Ooho... Some guys don't know that one o...
After one lunch, they believe I have agree to toasting..

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Ooho... Some guys don't know that one o...
After one lunch, they believe I have agree to toasting..
That is their own cup of tea
How would you just assume you are dating someone just because of one yeye lunch.

3 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by donbachi(m): 5:58pm On Aug 15, 2023
The day she starts making demands

62 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 6:02pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
That is their own cup of tea
How would you just assume you are dating someone just because of one yeye lunch.
I've had the unfortunate encounter of my life happen like dis....
Mine sef was birthday...
Met two weeks before my birthday, we began chatting, so I decided to use my birthday to meet..
Lol, we went shopping o, we ate...he really spent sha...
It was December...
January came, new year resolution, I decided to cut off, lol he became angry...oo..
Said many things, I couldn't recall, but he mentioned the birthday outing..
But we weren't dating, I told him...

So Nigerians guys has this "I spend on you, you are mine" mentality

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:04pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

I've had the unfortunate encounter of my life happen like dis....
Mine sef was birthday...
Met two weeks before my birthday, we began chatting, so I decided to use my birthday to meet..
Lol, we went shopping o, we ate...he really spent sha...
It was December...
January came, new year resolution, I decided to cut off, lol he became angry...oo..
Said many things, I couldn't recall, but he mentioned the birthday outing..
But we weren't dating, I told him...

So Nigerians guys has this "I spend on you, you are mine" mentality
That's his loss because you never agreed to his request, he was the one assuming things

4 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2023
IconicR:
That's his loss because you never agreed to his request, he was the one assuming things
Easier said than done...
What I learnt sef was, the best way to break up relationship is through phone..
Coz some guys can be very aggressive when annoyed...

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dating for me starts when dude has ticked all the boxes and we have made deliberate decision to get close above friendship or talking stage level the number of weeks,months or years this level takes differ and depends on readiness and attraction grin .

Now to your scenario, If I meet a guy l like, i wouldn't be under the sheets with another guy few days I met the guy I like. That lady is either detached from her body or has her emotions everywhere. If I'm a guy, I wouldn't take such lady seriously.

Nevertheless she didn't cheat on him, rather she's a loose one.

74 Likes 6 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:19pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:

Easier said than done...
What I learnt sef was, the best way to break up relationship is through phone..
Coz some guys can be very aggressive when annoyed...
Ghosting does it better πŸ˜‚

3 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by kkins25(m): 6:22pm On Aug 15, 2023
Persephone1:
Dating for me starts when dude has ticked all the boxes and we have made deliberate decision to get close above friendship or talking stage level the number of weeks,months or years this level takes differ and depends on readiness and attraction grin .

Now to your scenario, If I meet a guy l like, i wouldn't be under the sheets with another guy few days I met the guy I like. That lady is either detached from her body or has her emotions everywhere. If I'm a guy, I wouldn't take such lady seriously.

Nevertheless she didn't cheat on him, rather she's a loose one.
After that dating period, you will give me degree abi? 🀣 🀣

7 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:25pm On Aug 15, 2023
kkins25:

After that dating period, you will give me degree abi? 🀣 🀣
Lol the years is just exaggeration but months has happened before grin

You will get PHD self grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by shagasha: 6:35pm On Aug 15, 2023
Dating begins when you've fu**ed each other. Else you as a man will be spending and assuming. Some girls Will say 'Yes" to you and be making demands but wouldn't want to get down with you. As soon as you are serious about getting down with them, they ghost you.

Still my thoughts

43 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Quenncee: 6:37pm On Aug 15, 2023
When belle don enter grin

4 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 15, 2023
shagasha:
Dating begins when you've fu**ed each other. Else you as a man will be spending and assuming. Some girls Will say 'Yes" to you and be making demands but wouldn't want to get down with you. As soon as you are serious about getting down with them, they ghost you.

Still my thoughts
Erase this mentality please.

2 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by GanagiBitrus: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Felaincarnated: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Wen she confirms d alert😁

5 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
donbachi:
The day she starts making demands
πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚... I doubt... Coz I know some guys will think if a gal doesn't ask from him, then Maybe some other guys outside are giving her...

3 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Olam09(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Puss360:
After seeing this topic -https://www.nairaland.com/7803848/leave-good-woman-man-because -
I decided to ask when does "We are dating" officially starts in a relationship..

Assuming a guy exchange number with a girl on Friday, they began chatting, on Friday the following week, they met for lunch...

Fast forward to a month later, the guy discovered that Tuesday before the Friday they met for lunch, the girl had sex with a frnd..

Can the guy claim the girl cheated while they were dating??

I'm confused here ..
Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by ThiefnubuBandit: 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
Small children and questions.

6 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Racoon(m): 6:39pm On Aug 15, 2023
When you are physically, financially, socially, emotionally and Spirituality matured.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by havenz(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
This question hard me oo but for this 9ja once after nacking na "what are we now" which will also come from the mamas, dating have started ooo.

Obediently I Am.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
shagasha:

Still my thoughts
I doubt... Coz according to you, after sex comes official dating status... Then what about "No sex till marriage"... that one mean say after marriage comes dating grin

1 Like

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by englishmart(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
"When does dating officially starts?"
Such errors would be eliminated with the right people in the helms.

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by LUAN(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
From The topic.
moment you have your first sex with her and she is a virgin., And she is submissive, respectful and loyal to you.

4 Likes

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by wunmi590(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023

The day you exchange phone πŸ“± number is when the dating officially start...

Gone are the days when a lady refuse to drop number, you will have to be waiting on every bus stop 🚏 or street to look for her...

But now, once you meet a lady and she do small Shakira and later gives you her number, dating don start be that ooo

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Gkay1(m): 6:40pm On Aug 15, 2023
For Nigeria, wen sex and giving start

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by FalseProphet1(m): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
It means if they say they're dating officially, they're dating officially na.

This I have seen.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: When Does "Dating" Officially Starts In A Relationship? by Puss360(f): 6:41pm On Aug 15, 2023
Felaincarnated:
Wen she confirms d alert😁
really? If the guy is always broke but a nice guy nko?... meaning say no dating till money enter?? grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

The Love Grotto / I Fu,ck Dis Girl For My Church Toilet Today / After 4 Yrs Together, I Discovered Wat My GF Has Been Hiding From Me. + (pic)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.