Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,806 members, 7,851,707 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 06:04 AM

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today (20093 Views)

Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 81st Birthday Today / Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 78th Birthday Today / Olusegun Obasanjo Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 3:14pm On Aug 17, 2023
nlfpmod:
Birthday: Ibrahim Babangida Turns 82 Today!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ibrahim_Babangida
useless man, these are one of the men that brought problem to this contree
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Ajehkpako4naija(f): 3:16pm On Aug 17, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:
One of Nigeria's greatest leaders. If not the greatest of them all.

Theunbothered, Ayo2004. IBB was criticized by so many like you but when ever he gives his critics an opportunity to serve and prove their words, they fail woefully.

A very good example is Prof. Taye Solarin. He couldn't even manage a ordinary bank meant for the masses, PEOPLE'S BANK. An advocate for the well being of the poor failed Babangida's test.

What about Wole Soyinka? grin and lots more.

Most people who criticize our leaders will fail woefully when given a minute portion to manage.

Lol.. but some people will alway look for who to blame for their inefficiency. Babangida is not the reason you are living a miserable life. grin

Point to one infrastructure today that Babangida is not a part of it. Is it Abuja? Third mainland bridge? I can go on and on. Babangida is the one that practically built Nigeria infastructurally, and institutionally.

Till date, the election he conducted is still the best of them all. Food for thought.

Happy Birthday sir.

you have said nothing but rubbish.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Theunbothered: 4:10pm On Aug 17, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Lol.. always looking for who to blame for their inefficiency. Babangida is not the reason you are living a miserable life. grin

Point to one infrastructure today that Babangida is not a part of it. Is it Abuja? Third mainland bridge? I can go on and on. Babangida is the one that practically built Nigeria infastructurally, and institutionally.

Till date, the election he conducted is still the best of them all. Food for thought.

Babangida also started the culture of graft that ruined the economy so badly he was forced to resign.

To this day his children ride in private jets and live in palaces with no verifiable source of income.

Shithole citizens will keep rewarding criminals instead of sending them where they belong.

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Calitoscassius(m): 5:36pm On Aug 17, 2023
Heroicvic:

Ok let me respond
I'm not self righteous...
I do lie few times when necessary
Good, grin i admire your honesty, so do i, infact, i have done some things that are against the law severally and went it for all of them. That brings me back to Naigerian politicians, they are the reflections of their own citizens. They all came from the same corrupt bunch as ordinary Naigerians, and if positive changes must happen it should actually began from the ordinary citizens not the politicians. If the masses began to live honest, incorruptible and trustworthy lives the politicians would have no choice but to conform.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Heroicvic(m): 6:30pm On Aug 17, 2023
Calitoscassius:
Good, grin i admire your honesty, so do i, infact, i have done some things that are against the law severally and went it for all of them. That brings me back to Naigerian politicians, they are the reflections of their own citizens. They all came from the same corrupt bunch as ordinary Naigerians, and if positive changes must happen it should actually began from the ordinary citizens not the politicians. If the masses began to live honest, incorruptible and trustworthy lives the politicians would have no choice but to conform.

Even though I'm not self righteous and so tell lies when necessary like I stated earlier, I've never broken the law, I'm not a criminal so we're different

Secondly, I haven't done a bad thing by asking for transparency and competence from people we choose to serve us

I deduced you're not a nigerian btw
No use elaborating this ....
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by tete7000(m): 6:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
The man that institutionalised corruption in Nigeria. Evil that men do sometimes live with them. Babangida own lives with him.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by tete7000(m): 7:00pm On Aug 17, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

Lol.. always looking for who to blame for their inefficiency. Babangida is not the reason you are living a miserable life. grin

That's is the man that institutionalised corruption and made it impossible to differentiate good from bad, light from darkness, goodness from evil.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Calitoscassius(m): 7:34pm On Aug 17, 2023
Heroicvic:

Even though I'm not self righteous and so tell lies when necessary like I stated earlier, I've never broken the law, I'm not a criminal so we're different

Secondly, I haven't done a bad thing by asking for transparency and competence from people we choose to serve us

I deduced you're not a nigerian btw
No use elaborating this ....
I never accussed you of being a criminal and i never compared you with myself. grin besides, even criminals can reform and become president of Naigeria so, there are alot of criminals who are in Naigerian government, even the guy ( James Ibori) we prosecuted and jailed over here in England is one of Naigeria's politicians who is close to Naigerian president. Inshort, as it appears to qualify as Naigerian politician one has to be a criminal or be criminal minded.

No, you have not done wrong by demanding for transparency and competency, infact, if every Naigerian thinks like you there is hope that Naigeria will get better but sadly Some Naigerian citizens are part of the problem as i have expalined previously. So again, i repeat to achieve transparency and competency ordinary Naigerians must be able to be transparent and competent also not just politicians, because again, as i said, ordinary Naigerians are the ones aiding politicians wiith their corruptions.

Well.. you could say that. cheesy

No worries... i don't have to be a Naigerian to know what goes on in Naigeria. Just like in Ghana, America, Russia or Germany, just on here Nairaland alone i can already deduce everything that goes on in Naigeria.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:44pm On Aug 17, 2023
tete7000:

That's is the man that institutionalised corruption and made it impossible to differentiate good from bad, light from darkness, goodness from evil.

How? Kindly explain.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Heroicvic(m): 8:29pm On Aug 17, 2023
Calitoscassius:
I never accussed you of being a criminal and i never compared you with myself. grin besides, even criminals can reform and become president of Naigeria so, there are alot of criminals who are in Naigerian government, even the guy ( James Ibori) we prosecuted and jailed over here in England is one of Naigeria's politicians who is close to Naigerian president. Inshort, as it appears to qualify as Naigerian politician one has to be a criminal or be criminal minded.

No, you have not done wrong by demanding for transparency and competency, infact, if every Naigerian thinks like you there is hope that Naigeria will get better but sadly Some Naigerian citizens are part of the problem as i have expalined previously. So again, i repeat to achieve transparency and competency ordinary Naigerians must be able to be transparent and competent also not just politicians, because again, as i said, ordinary Naigerians are the ones aiding politicians wiith their corruptions.

Well.. you could say that. cheesy

No worries... i don't have to be a Naigerians to know what goes on in Naigeria. Just like in Ghana, America, Russia or Germany, just on here Nairaland alone i can already deduce everything that goes on in Naigeria.

In summary
Are you for or against my opinion
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Calitoscassius(m): 9:57pm On Aug 17, 2023
Heroicvic:

In summary
Are you for or against my opinion
I am for your opinion,i only responded initially to your first comment because you insinuated that you or we (as you put it) the innocent in Naigeria. That's all.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by lovemaths(f): 10:51pm On Aug 17, 2023
How this man take be my birthday mate? angry embarassed undecided
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by tete7000(m): 11:47pm On Aug 17, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

How? Kindly explain.

Before Babangida came there was corruption, in fact corruption is as old as human civilization. However prior to his time corruption was seen as evil and those who engaged did so discretely, but when he came he ran the government in such a corrupt manner that made corruption things people do in open and are no longer ashamed off. This has robbed deeply down the generation of people born into these period unenabling them to differentiate good and bad

1 Like

Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Heroicvic(m): 5:20am On Aug 18, 2023
Calitoscassius:
I am for your opinion,i only responded initially to your first comment because you insinuated that you or we (as you put it) the innocent in Naigeria. That's all.

❤️❤️❤️
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Zxcvbnmghtr: 6:37am On Aug 18, 2023
tete7000:

Before Babangida came there was corruption, in fact corruption is as old as human civilization. However prior to his time corruption was seen as evil and those who engaged did so discretely, but when he came he ran the government in such a corrupt manner that made corruption things people do in open and are no longer ashamed off. This has robbed deeply down the generation of people born into these period unenabling them to differentiate good and bad

You have still not made any point.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by tete7000(m): 7:01am On Aug 18, 2023
Zxcvbnmghtr:

You have still not made any point.

Bros I am not here to change your mind. For those who wish to know, the point was already made from my first post that "Babangida institutionalised corruption". He change the way people used to perceive corruption from something wrong and repugnant to something acceptable, from something secret and done in hiding to something open.
If he is your hero, you are an adult and free to adopt him as one. You are free to project him to your children and grandchildren as a role model worthy of their emulation. You can set up his effigy for them at home to always worship, it is an option you are freely entitled to.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by Zxcvbnmghtr: 7:17am On Aug 18, 2023
tete7000:

Bros I am not here to change your mind. For those who wish to know, the point was already made from my first post that "Babangida institutionalised corruption". He change the way people used to perceive corruption from something wrong and repugnant to something acceptable, from something secret and done in hiding to something open.
If he is your hero, you are an adult and free to adopt him as one. You are free to project him to your children and grandchildren as a role model worthy of their emulation. You can set up his effigy for them at home to always worship, it is an option you are freely entitled to.

You have still not told us how?
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by juman(m): 9:14am On Aug 18, 2023
I'm happy that he, obasanjo etc live long to see how they destroyed the country.

Ibb oloribuku oleeèeeè.
The accursed ibb.
Re: Ibrahim Babangida Celebrates His 82nd Birthday Today by juman(m): 9:15am On Aug 18, 2023
Nigerian generals oloriburuku oleeeeee.

They ruined a great and beautiful country.

Nigerian generals oleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Alleged Corruption in NDDC: Ijaw Group Demands Akpabio Steps Down as Minister / '$50m Power Plant In Lagos’ll Drive Economic Growth’ / Economy: Why Rain Is Beating Us Now – Buhari.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.