Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,329 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:39 AM

Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi (1942 Views)

Obidient Mama: Meet 86 Years Peter Obi Supporter From Kaiama, Bayelsa (video) / Governor Ayade Gets 14-Day Ultimatum To Conduct LG Election In Cross River / Nigeria Is Finished If Buhari Remains For Another 4 Years - Peter Obi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by clockwisereport: 12:09pm On Aug 24, 2023
The presidential candidate of the Labour Party (LP) in the February 25, 2023 presidential election, Mr. Peter Obi, said that he couldn’t conduct local government elections for six years while serving as the governor of Anambra State due to court litigations. He disclosed this during the LP mega rally held in Benin at the Baptist Convention ground, ahead of the September 2 Local Government Council election in Edo State. Obi said despite that he didn’t conduct the elections, the money accrued to the local government was still used for the development of the local government areas.

” As a governor, I was prevented by arms of legal and litigations from conducting local government elections for over six years but I can still tell you one thing that, we still use the money belonging to the local government in the local government system and I can say it here and I want all of you to take this, go and look and verify all the money that came to local government in Anambra State whether anyone is missing”, Obi said. The LP presidential candidate said the importance of the local government cannot be overemphasized because it is closer to the people, therefore, they should participate and ensure that candidates fielded by the party are victorious at the polls.

“Local Government is the nearest to the people. Local Government is supposed to be the root for ensuring development. According to him, It is the system that is closer to the people and three most critical areas of development are health, it is the local government, through the primary healthcare, number two is education. He said , It is still the local government. When you talk about education, you talk about basic education, which is primary and secondary education and it is the local government who will be the one to fund it. He further said, as you know today in Nigeria, there is mass poverty and that mass poverty is in the local government. So, for the system to work, a country that develop well, it is the local government, the sub national which is the state and the central government.

“So the central government will come through the sub national to the local government. So anything development is domiciled in the local government,” Obi said. Speaking also, the national chairman of the party, Julius Abure, while commending the party for their turn out in the state during the presidential election, said they should replicate same in the forthcoming local government elections so that the party’s candidates will emerge winners in their various local government councils. While also thanking the state governor, Godwin Obaseki for calling for the local government elections, said the governor should allow the process to be free, fair and credible.

https://g9ija.com/2023/08/23/why-i-couldnt-conduct-lg-election-in-my-time-for-over-six-years-peter-obi-2/?amp=1

1 Like

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:10pm On Aug 24, 2023
Mtchewwww the way I hate this man ehn
I now understand perfectly why soludo and obiano called him a social media governor.
Always lying about everything and I'm wondering the capacity of the sense of reasoning of his supporters.
Nobody should waste their time to quote me.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by yarimo(m): 12:11pm On Aug 24, 2023
For six years you can't conduct LGA election as governor and you are busy claiming and parading yourself as good democrat . Mteeeew

26 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by izonborn098(m): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
But tinubu appoint all his cabinet and vice versa while court cases are still going on......
Obi would have been the worst president if nigerian ever did the mistake of voting him into power.....

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Jackson619007: 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
Powerful.
Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by accordadoga25(f): 12:12pm On Aug 24, 2023
Heheheh

1 Like

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Roger3D(m): 12:13pm On Aug 24, 2023
This Obi guy can lie for Africa eh

18 Likes

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by creativehubb: 12:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
Obi stories too much... Obi na only you get sense abi?

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by pandoragirigory: 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
Nigeria really dodge a missile that would have exploded in our face and the damage would have been unquantifiable

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by 9jatriot(m): 12:19pm On Aug 24, 2023
Na wa... Lamba king abi na slay queen sef, I non know which name fit am more.

Anyway, none of his followers go ask am which case or what the case de about, they go just enter their whatsapp group now and soon create broadcast when they go de spread soon.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by SpartaOfLagos: 12:20pm On Aug 24, 2023
yarimo:
For six years you can't conduct LGA election as governor and you are busy claiming and parading yourself as good democrat . Mteeeew
Yet, he performed excellently well as governor.

He didn't push drugs in the united states like baba seyi

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by yarimo(m): 12:23pm On Aug 24, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Landowner101(m): 12:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
Agbadorians and pains, anytime Obi coughs there is always gnashing of teeth in the lands of the drug lord supporters.

You can verify from their posts above grin
Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Nobody: 12:26pm On Aug 24, 2023
[quote author=yarimo post=125326564][/quote] Thank you for this.
This is the true Obi and not the overnight fake messiah

1 Like

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Makunahatata: 12:28pm On Aug 24, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:

Sharap! Same Obi the monumental failure

https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Makunahatata: 12:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
Landowner101:
Agbadorians and pains, anytime Obi coughs there is always gnashing of teeth in the lands of the drug lord supporters.

Nigerians dogged a bullet https://www.nairaland.com/870945/what-exactly-peter-obi-doing

4 Likes

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by MTNnews: 12:57pm On Aug 24, 2023
Your entire household deserve to be stoned to your doom the way you defend this criminal shamelessly.

Tinubu fought Obasanjo for the entirety of his 8 years n still conducted LG election even with cocaine money unlike what you foolish igbos want Nigerians to believe.

SpartaOfLagos:

12 Likes

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by MTNnews: 12:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
Your Igbo papa no fit get shame till you die. So you can in your right sense support this fool with this sort of claim ??!

Landowner101:

5 Likes

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Obiedun(m): 12:59pm On Aug 24, 2023
Obi is a thief. He will never be president

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Sangoamadioha1: 1:16pm On Aug 24, 2023
The con man again, dishing out hot lamba.
Abeg who carry you go court to stop LG elections in Anambra 🤥

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Ttalk: 1:22pm On Aug 24, 2023
Obi the king of Lamba has landed another banga in Edo

23 Likes

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by ideatoprince18(m): 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
May Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi favor me and my family

1 Like

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Switruth: 1:25pm On Aug 24, 2023
IconicR:
Mtchewwww the way I hate this man ehn
I now understand perfectly why soludo and obiano called him a social media governor.
Always lying about everything and I'm wondering the capacity of the sense of reasoning of his supporters.
Nobody should waste their time to quote me.
you don’t need to talk about hatred dear. Your second name is hatred and everybody knows.
Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by slivertongue: 1:29pm On Aug 24, 2023
we still use the money belonging to the local government in the local government system and I can say it here and I want all of you to take this, go and look and verify all the money that came to local government in Anambra State whether anyone is missing”, Obi said.
Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by GoodLife4live: 1:34pm On Aug 24, 2023
clockwisereport:

https://g9ija.com/2023/08/23/why-i-couldnt-conduct-lg-election-in-my-time-for-over-six-years-peter-obi-2/?amp=1
dis man with lies are like 5 &6..the Same anambra state u claimed u did not Thief from still look like hell hole...

What if you come Thief that meant say anambra state no go good at all...

Abi no be the same anambra state be dis below ?

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by GoodLife4live: 1:37pm On Aug 24, 2023
slivertongue:
we still use the money belonging to the local government in the local government system and I can say it here and I want all of you to take this, go and look and verify all the money that came to local government in Anambra State whether anyone is missing”, Obi said.
that lies don cast since... U and your obigo should go and use another formaties...

See that anambra shithole your Thiefobi could not Developed

22 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Benny90: 1:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:

He left his mega city, to live in baba seyi's state 😆

Una fit be dunce for una side but where I come from everybody wise!!!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Racoon(m): 1:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
In so much that your tenure was characterised by protracted legal fireworks your excellency, I totally disagree with the reasons you adduced here sir. The elections ought to have been conducted immediately you regained your mandate and was sworn in in the spirit of constitutional government.

The lacuna created then didn't hindered LGA growth & development, but that was the right thing to do and encourage participatory democracy. That said, your tenure was still superb.

2 Likes

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by GeneralPula: 1:58pm On Aug 24, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:

Person wey dem curse after tenure..

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by ecolime(m): 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
GoodLife4live:
that lies don cast since... U and your obigo should go and use another formaties...

See that anambra shithole your Thiefobi could not Developed
That looks like earthquake or a crazy gully erosion.

We dont experience stuffs like this in Naija. Are you really sure that place is Anambra?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by GoodLife4live: 2:38pm On Aug 24, 2023
SpartaOfLagos:

stop lieing.. U claimed he performed and anambra look like shithole ?

No good roads
No bus terminal
No river port
No light rail..

Health care poor
Schools poor
Igr poor
Services poor
GDP poor

Abeg waiting him come do ?

Nothing is working in anambra except ipob job and cannibalism...

Go out there to fool your zombidients not us

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why I Couldn’t Conduct LG Election In My Time For Over Six Years – Peter Obi by Omoawoke: 2:43pm On Aug 24, 2023
Imagine a Yoruba governor did this, our sun risers will be everywhere calling for his head.

But Peter obi the messiah, anything he does is blameless. He is the only man without sin, without stain

The first politician in the world that is 100% pure

5 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Naira Crash: Tinubu Government Destroying Buhari's Legacy - Opinion / WE ALL NEED TO WEAR RED NORTHERNERS PROTESTING ABOUT TINUBU BAD GOVT / Naira Will Continue To Beat US Dollar, Tinubu Assures Nigerians

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.