Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,253 members, 7,864,327 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 04:05 PM

Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa (29368 Views)

Maryam Shetty Marries, 10 Months After Losing Ministerial Appointment / Ortom: FG’s Silence On Insecurity A Continuation Of 1804 Jihadist Movement / Joana Nnazua Kolo Completes Her NYSC Programme In Jigawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by efeski(m): 10:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
Tajbol4splend:
If her appointment is not unconstitutional and she's competent, let us give her a chance

If an individual exceeds 30 years at the time of their graduation, they will not be able to take part in the program. Instead, they will receive a certificate of exemption, indicating their exemption from the NYSC service requirement.

The above is the koko

Age wise she ought not to be serving by now.
It's against the law.
In a sane country that's enough grounds to lose the ministerial position

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Bimpe29: 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
Oh my goodness! I can't understand this.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Benwallt(m): 10:24pm On Aug 27, 2023
Emu4life:
Shameless. Do we look like idiots to her?

There is nothing you can do about it. Keep on fuming
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Ochies: 10:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by NewDea4: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Ochies: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Hmmmmy sharraaaaap
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by frog12: 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
as long as she finish university before age 30, she must serve. she tried to serve in 2001. that tells you something, right
there's no provision around it.

even the woman dey surprise me as a law professional. agbado people trying to manipulate everything.

Flier:
Her case is different, she started it before the age of 30 and differ it and continue at the age of whatever and during her service,she was reassigned to take up a position of a minister,it’s as simple as that
What she did is wrong but it’s just like a tax avoidance,there is nothing anyone can do about it under law

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by REALretep(m): 10:26pm On Aug 27, 2023
Smh
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Germi9: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
But she is more than 30 years old , how did she make the nysc list in the first place

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by NewDea4: 10:28pm On Aug 27, 2023
fergie001:

Previous Threads:
Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister

It’s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa

How could a 33 year old be mobilized in 2001, 22 years ago...he was just eleven
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Flier: 10:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
frog12:
as long as she finish university before age 30, she must serve. she tried to serve in 2001. that tells you something, right
there's no provision around it.

even the woman dey surprise me as a law professional. agbado people trying to manipulate everything.

You can purse it and continue later(if your situation warrant it ),and the good thing is you can continue at the age of 60

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by frog12: 10:33pm On Aug 27, 2023
so what is your point?

you said she has won, she is right. i am telling you she is wrong and she is breaking the law.

Flier:
You can purse it and continue later(if your situation warrant it ),and the good thing is you can continue at the age of 60

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Dododawa01: 10:35pm On Aug 27, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Nigeria is really a joke. what experience does this one have to be made a minister in a complex country like Nigeria? I can't bliv that some pple will just sit down at the confines of their homes and share positions to their children, grand children, side chicks, godsons nd goddaughters nd we Nigerian youths are sitting down to clap for them. Why can't we rise up in unity to retire all these old men nd women that have destroyed nd bastardized this country? Nigeria needs revolution so let's stop living in denial.

You are talking trash, we are all glamouring for youths and they employ youth as Minister, we are also use our mouth rubbish her. Tell me experience of Gowon, Buhari, IBB, Obasanjo first term president in 1979 have b4 they become head of state.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Teeklef(m): 10:36pm On Aug 27, 2023
Wetin be una own,Someone is using Nigeria as a PPA ,you are now complaining 😂

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Ashirioluwa: 10:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
kokoA:
She was first called up in 2001 shocked So after 22 years she now realized that she needs to complete her NYSC grin heheh

She signed up for NYSC again after 21 years mainly to get ministerial appointment.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SpatialKing(m): 10:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
deji17:

Depends on the job you are applying for and the requirements.

All government jobs

As long as you are a graduate of polytechnic or university in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Pearl1910: 10:40pm On Aug 27, 2023
How were u mobilised and serving at more than 30 years?
In this case the law states that u should be given a certificate of exemption.
So tell us, who did u bribe or where did u go and forge birth certificate or swear affidavit that allows u to still be mobilized when clearly you have passed the age.

Secondly, if u r serving already then u aren't supposed to accept any government appointment/employment or rather no government agency is supposed to employ u because that will be obstructing your ongoing NYSC service. Except u will not draw salary from the govt for being a minister, then u are defrauding the govt by recieving double payment as an NYSC Corp member and a Federal Govt Minister at thesame time.
In summary, if u must keep this Ministerial appointment then u must defer ur NYSC program.

Thirdly, I am sure u can't be a minister of the federal republic without having either a Discharge certificate or a Certificate of Exemption from NYSC. So u r quoting only the law that is convenient for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Rumobaba: 10:42pm On Aug 27, 2023
Nah baba babe
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Gentlesniper(m): 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
Osibajo2023:
if it is you or your sister, u would be happy, but hatred will always make you say rubbish, cursed people, cursed region
Are you ok or just plain stupid? Must everything be viewed from a tribal angle? Nysc came out the other day to say it's wrong for her to be a minister and the same time a coro member, but you feel it's right because it's your sister like you said.... Your sister yet I am sure you couldn't complete a proper 3 square meal for today. I just pity some of you guys on this forum, come to Abuja and see how these politicians you guys die for are living life to the fullest, balling at the expense of your destinies while some of you here attacking yourselves on top their matter live below $2 per day.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Godwin25king: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
2001??

How old is she?? cool
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by ShaqFu: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
fergie001:

Previous Threads:
Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister

It’s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa
Very funny. A magnificent nonsense. So while she is serving her country, what will now happen to her discharging her duties in her place of primary assignment (PPA)?

The NYSC act clearly state no corp member have the right to take up any other work, while serving, it is clearly forbidden. This woman should be called to book ASAP.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by frog12: 10:43pm On Aug 27, 2023
did she serve before? grin

Pearl1910:
How were u mobilised and serving at more than 30 years?
In this case the law states that u should be given a certificate of exemption.
So tell us, who did u bribe or where did u go and forge birth certificate or swear affidavit that allows u to still be mobilized when clearly you have passed the age.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Snakedoctor1: 10:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
The law didn't say you must compete nysc before being appointed a minister or even president. As a secondary school leaver that doesn't need to serve, you could be appointed a minister.
The problem that these other guys keep encountering is falsification of discharge certificate- Adeosun and co. However, you are required to serve as a graduate of the ripe age.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by adeoyekay(m): 10:48pm On Aug 27, 2023
otomatic:

This is not correct. The age is at the point of mobilisation.
You can't graduate at 21 and then mobilise for NYSC at 32.
When you serve, you will know better.
Nysc focus on the date of graduation happen to be the date your result is approved

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Beenibroz(m): 10:49pm On Aug 27, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Nigeria is really a joke. what experience does this one have to be made a minister in a complex country like Nigeria? I can't bliv that some pple will just sit down at the confines of their homes and share positions to their children, grand children, side chicks, godsons nd goddaughters nd we Nigerian youths are sitting down to clap for them. Why can't we rise up in unity to retire all these old men nd women that have destroyed nd bastardized this country? Nigeria needs revolution so let's stop living in denial.

One thing that baffles me about Nigerians like you is that if an older person is given such position it is the same people like you that will start castigating the government here and there. Now a your person is given an opportunity to serve Nigeria same people like you are now complaining of breaking law because she is serving her country and got an appointment.

When God wants to bless you, no obstacle can block that blessing. She is a woman of grace and it pains me to see that it's mostly people that claim to be christians that have more bitter hearts than others.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by DeepSight(m): 10:51pm On Aug 27, 2023
Immatex:

You can't shame the shameless.

I have left Nigeria and moved on.

The black race is by far an irredeemably corrupt race compared to the rest of the human race.

Don't make it about race. Cos you do, then you don't know history. We are children where others play or have previously played their madness.

But yes, where we stand now is a right mess.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by DeepSight(m): 10:52pm On Aug 27, 2023
otomatic:

I am shocked that after 22 years she is still less than 30 years old, which is the statutory age above which one cannot participate in the scheme.

It therefore means she graduated from University at 7 or 8 years old.

This is quite a feat globally, and is worthy of note.

Tagged to be revisited.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by hisexcellency34: 10:57pm On Aug 27, 2023
Rogue. She knows she will get appointment that was she went for the service
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by deji17: 11:01pm On Aug 27, 2023
SpatialKing:

All government jobs

As long as you are a graduate of polytechnic or university in Nigeria
A career Civil servant job is different from political appointment. No one should be having this kind of argument.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Sebocious(m): 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
agabusta:

You are interpreting the NYSC laws the wrong way.

The laws says once you graduate under 30 years of age, you must participate. If you graduate above the age of 30 years, you are entitled to get a waiver.

Kindly take note of the word I put in bold. That is the key word to interpreting the NYSC law. That was what they used to nail Kemi Adeosun back then. That so far you graduated under the 30 years of age, you must complete the national service. No matter what age you are at the moment. It is the age at the time of graduation that determines if you are eligible for National Service.

If you did not do it then, you can still come and do it at whatever age.

Very Apt..I am surprised that most people are not vast with the NYSC Act

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Pearl1910: 11:03pm On Aug 27, 2023
frog12:
did she serve before? grin

U didn't answer any of my concerns.
To be mobilised to continue, u still need to be under 30years. Did u notice NYSC didn't ask her to complete the number of months she did d first time. She was mobilised afresh, there is no continuation when u abscond from your service.

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by DeepSight(m): 11:05pm On Aug 27, 2023
agabusta:

You are interpreting the NYSC laws the wrong way.

The laws says once you graduate under 30 years of age, you must participate. If you graduate above the age of 30 years, you are entitled to get a waiver.

Kindly take note of the word I put in bold. That is the key word to interpreting the NYSC law. That was what they used to nail Kemi Adeosun back then. That so far you graduated under the 30 years of age, you must complete the national service. No matter what age you are at the moment. It is the age at the time of graduation that determines if you are eligible for National Service.

If you did not do it then, you can still come and do it at whatever age.

Even @ 100?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Newly Constructed Mokola Fly-over In Ibadan For Opening Today (pictures) / Operation Python Dance: Charly Boy Writes President Buhari Open Letter / There's a Sitting President In Nigeria; APC Reminds Atiku (Press Statement)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.