Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,460 members, 7,864,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:39 AM

Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa (29375 Views)

Maryam Shetty Marries, 10 Months After Losing Ministerial Appointment / Ortom: FGโ€™s Silence On Insecurity A Continuation Of 1804 Jihadist Movement / Joana Nnazua Kolo Completes Her NYSC Programme In Jigawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by MyExpression(m): 10:45am On Aug 28, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
side chicks

๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜น ๐Ÿ˜† ๐Ÿคฃ ๐Ÿ˜‚ ๐Ÿ˜น
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by MyExpression(m): 10:50am On Aug 28, 2023
Nadingo:
Let's assume it is true that no laws were broken. But NYSC primary assignment is a full time 9-5 job just as being a Minister is. I wonder how she will conduct the two National assignments without making the other insignificant.

No dey whine yourself.
This is not the real matter.

We know the real matter....we just dey vex everywhere...we want people with capacity to save this country in their little way.

All this old corrupt system is tiring.
Nigerians are tired.
We really need to breathe!
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Elibaba1: 11:14am On Aug 28, 2023
Pakute:
Beautiful babe, f'okanbale. Anybody that Idan has appointed, no one born of a woman can remove him/her. Jagaban also appointed a 400L student into tax reforms and policy committee without much Ado. As a minister, i urge you to continue to dey press the neck of ipob wailers.

May God bless Idan,
May God bless Nigeria.

The way you people are so daft eh! The tax reforms and policy committee has a slot for at least 1 student in the university Tax club and she happened to be the president of Nigerian university tax clubs. Them no born any so called president to appoint an undergraduate IF THE CLAUSE DOES NOT STATE SO!
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by AcMilano1(m): 11:22am On Aug 28, 2023
taylor88:
Why wonโ€™t political positions be so juicy to all these parasites

If not for this forced marriage called Nigeria

Yoruba and Hausa having their own country will be so poor and broke like Somalia

You go even dey beg them to join politics they no go gree

But since the southern oil is the reason na why they wan die there

Unity beggars
Bitter soul

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by olaolaking: 11:29am On Aug 28, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:
Nigeria is really a joke. what experience does this one have to be made a minister in a complex country like Nigeria? I can't bliv that some pple will just sit down at the confines of their homes and share positions to their children, grand children, side chicks, godsons nd goddaughters nd we Nigerian youths are sitting down to clap for them. Why can't we rise up in unity to retire all these old men nd women that have destroyed nd bastardized this country? Nigeria needs revolution so let's stop living in denial.

To everyone quoting nd telling me how i shud support dis clueless appointment because she's a youth lemme tell u that i'm not that unintelligent to knw that this appointment is a compensation to someone. When i clamour for youths involvement in politics i don't mean a situation where the same corrupt old men will sit down nd write the names of their relatives to control a ministry in the same corrupt system. This one won't do anything significant because she's someone else' stooge.

You are actually not intelligent to think someone who graduated more than 20 years ago doesn't have experience.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SpatialKing(m): 11:52am On Aug 28, 2023
deji17:

Do you know the requirements of becoming a minister? If you don't , then read up!

Yes SSCE!

So?

Does that mean a serving Corp member should be made minister...

You don't even have any point

I thought you we smart
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by azpekuliar: 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2023
oka4ugoo:
Indeed all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others.

Hoohaa this country is gone.

Meanwhile 8 youth corp members are languishing in the bush with kidnappers but this one is cozying up in Abuja with a ministerial appointment and phools are justifying it.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SyrusdeHansome(m): 12:55pm On Aug 28, 2023
olaolaking:

You are actually not intelligent to think someone who graduated more than 20 years ago doesn't have experience.

Lemme be arrogant 4 once. This shows how stupid u are to equate graduation frm the university 20 yrs ago to the necessary experience required to direct a ministry in a complex country like Nigeria. Maybe idiots like u think that when i talk abt experience i'm referring to the age or academic attainment of an individual. Go nd sit down jarre!
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Lawalemi(m): 12:56pm On Aug 28, 2023
Rubbish.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by CoolAmbience(m): 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Xscape1993:
I don't blame you. I blame the weak institutions.

I think you should blame your ignorance and lack of information.

Most of you just carry hate about, which beclouds your reasoning abilities.

What has her ongoing NYSC engagement got to do her Ministerial appointment?

What is the minimum educational requirement for the office of the President? Is it not SSCE? Which office is greater than the office of the president in the land?

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by otomatic(m): 1:18pm On Aug 28, 2023
agabusta:

Look at you. Service since when.

Btw, I'm looking at the legal interpretation of the NYSC Act. The legal interpretation of the NYSC Act is that you must serve compulsorily, so far you graduate under 30 years of age.

If you like, run away and don't present yourself for service. When you come back at age 40 and then claim you need exemption because you are above the age for service. They will look at the age you graduated and simply tell you, you are not qualified for exemption, because as at the time you graduated you were still under 30 years. It is as simple as that.

If they allow that, it simply means people will not serve, they will just go and then come back when they are above 30 years to ask for exemption certificate.

If you are of age when Minister Kemi Adeosun had her issues, you will know that was how they discovered that her exemption certificate was fake!

NYSC will never issue you exemption certificate if they check and see that you graduated under 30years and never presented yourself for service.

I added the second sentence to even make my point clearer.
If you graduated below 30 and then come back at 40 for exemption, I think you deserve it. Some people under 30 have gotten exemptions for whatever reason.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by otomatic(m): 1:21pm On Aug 28, 2023
agabusta:

It is the age that she graduated that matters. Not her current age.

So far she graduated at under 30 years of age, she is expected to complete National Service. If she did not make herself available then, before she can get the clearance (certificate), she must make herself available for the national service, no matter the current age of the person.

I disagree. She graduated before 30. Then wants to mobilise when she is past 30. NYSC will reject such mobilisation.
One must be below 30 to mobilise.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Fujiyama: 1:27pm On Aug 28, 2023
Spidermon:
However if this is allowed to stand, it will render the point of NYSC moot. One can simply avoid service till one is about to get a government post/job and register for NYSC and then claim it's continuation of service.

^^^
True.

This case is yet one more example of the complete lack of ethics of those we have chosen to lead us. Our institutions are very feeble and these people know this. undecided

The administration is going about repaying political debts here and there - and this unethical appointment of Hajia Musawa is a prime example. Meanwhile...the corps members kidnapped in Zamfara are going through hell now. They don't have the luxury of ministerial appointments waiting for them down the line - and so they had to do their service right now. Who speaks for them? undecided

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by HRMK: 3:58pm On Aug 28, 2023
ONLY THE NORTHERNER COULD FREELY DO THIS IN THE WHOLE COUNTRY!
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 4:22pm On Aug 28, 2023
otomatic:

I disagree. She graduated before 30. Then wants to mobilise when she is past 30. NYSC will reject such mobilisation.
One must be below 30 to mobilise.

Either you disagree or agree does not change the facts of the matter. This current lady in question was mobilized by NYSC, so many people in this circumstance have been mobilized in the past.

A person has even stated it here on this thread that he observed some very old people in NYSC camp.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2023
otomatic:

I added the second sentence to even make my point clearer.
If you graduated below 30 and then come back at 40 for exemption, I think you deserve it. Some people under 30 have gotten exemptions for whatever reason.

What you think does not guide NYSC but the application of the law. Only those who at the time of graduation are above 30 years are issued exemption.

The other people qualified for exemption are explicitly captured in the NYSC act. Try and be open to learning.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 4:30pm On Aug 28, 2023
HRMK:

Any small thing, Northerner this, northerner that. smh
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 4:33pm On Aug 28, 2023
SyrusdeHansome:

Lemme be arrogant 4 once. This shows how stupid u are to equate graduation frm the university 20 yrs ago to the necessary experience required to direct a ministry in a complex country like Nigeria. Maybe idiots like u think that when i talk abt experience i'm referring to the age or academic attainment of an individual. Go nd sit down jarre!

What's the big deal in managing a Ministry in Nigeria. All the ministers we've been having till date, what is special about them, what real impact have they made. Oga abeg chill.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SyrusdeHansome(m): 5:49pm On Aug 28, 2023
agabusta:

What's the big deal in managing a Ministry in Nigeria. All the ministers we've been having till date, what is special about them, what real impact have they made. Oga abeg chill.

For 8 yrs u nd ur likes made excuses for Buhari nd he ended up as the worst president Nigeria has ever produced, now uv started making excuses for this one base on political party affiliation, ethnic nd religious inclination. I'll see the outcome
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by naikeboy(m): 5:59pm On Aug 28, 2023
Nigeria a joke. Enjoy your appointment madam
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Japastic: 6:21am On Aug 29, 2023
At 33
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Kingson28: 3:42pm On Aug 29, 2023
[quote author=Nadingo post=125402950]Let's assume it is true that no laws were broken. But NYSC primary assignment is a full time 9-5 job just as being a Minister is. I wonder how she will conduct the two National assignments without making the other insignificant.

NYSC can redeploy her to the ministry she is heading.
That way, she will be reporting at her ministerial office as her NYSC primary place of assignment.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by HRMK: 7:59am On Aug 31, 2023
agabusta:

Any small thing, Northerner this, northerner that. smh
am i lying?that is the main question!northerners especially the muslims believe they own this country!you can see what is presently going on in kwara!!
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 2:03pm On Aug 31, 2023
HRMK:

am i lying?that is the main question!northerners especially the muslims believe they own this country!you can see what is presently going on in kwara!!

You are contributing to the aura of superiority with this your statement. Stop saying such things. Its hyping them.

HRMK:
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by HRMK: 7:19am On Sep 01, 2023
agabusta:

You are contributing to the aura of superiority with this your statement. Stop saying such things. Its hyping them.

one should not shy away from the truth even though its bitter!

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Canvassing For President Buhariโ€™s Second Term Sickening โ€“ Soyinka / Security Chiefs Visit Nigerian Army Situation Room Ahead Of Elections. / Wike Begs Amaechi: Join Hands With Us To Move Our Dear State Forward

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.