Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,513 members, 7,865,156 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 01:08 PM

Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa (29379 Views)

Maryam Shetty Marries, 10 Months After Losing Ministerial Appointment / Ortom: FGโ€™s Silence On Insecurity A Continuation Of 1804 Jihadist Movement / Joana Nnazua Kolo Completes Her NYSC Programme In Jigawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 11:07pm On Aug 27, 2023
otomatic:

This is not correct. The age is at the point of mobilisation.
You can't graduate at 21 and then mobilise for NYSC at 32.
When you serve, you will know better.

Look at you. Service since when.

Btw, I'm looking at the legal interpretation of the NYSC Act. The legal interpretation of the NYSC Act is that you must serve compulsorily, so far you graduate under 30 years of age.

If you like, run away and don't present yourself for service. When you come back at age 40 and then claim you need exemption because you are above the age for service. They will look at the age you graduated and simply tell you, you are not qualified for exemption, because as at the time you graduated you were still under 30 years. It is as simple as that.

If they allow that, it simply means people will not serve, they will just go and then come back when they are above 30 years to ask for exemption certificate.

If you are of age when Minister Kemi Adeosun had her issues, you will know that was how they discovered that her exemption certificate was fake!

NYSC will never issue you exemption certificate if they check and see that you graduated under 30years and never presented yourself for service.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by youngrichnigga: 11:08pm On Aug 27, 2023
By the time the current bandit president and his 48 thieves finished with Nigeria, she'll not only be in financial ruins but also be burdened with bastardized institutions from top to bottom; this is just the start. They will always have an explanation for everything undecided undecided undecided undecided

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SpatialKing(m): 11:09pm On Aug 27, 2023
deji17:

A career Civil servant job is different from political appointment. No one should be having this kind of argument.

So someone still serving can be appointed DG of NCC?
As well as accountant general of the Federation?
CBN governor?
๐Ÿ˜

You all sycophants

5 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 11:12pm On Aug 27, 2023
DeepSight:

Even @ 100?

So far you need the NYSC certificate.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Pearl1910: 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
Flier:
Her case is different, she started it before the age of 30 and differ it and continue at the age of whatever and during her service,she was reassigned to take up a position of a minister,itโ€™s as simple as that
What she did is wrong but itโ€™s just like a tax avoidance,there is nothing anyone can do about it under law

Lolz...are you the one that reassign her?
U brianless head cannot tell u that u can't be bigger than ur boss abi. So a Minister of the Federal Republic will answer to her ZI or AI in NYSC or a corper will be oga to Permanent Secretaries who have worked for almost 35years abi

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by DeepSight(m): 11:13pm On Aug 27, 2023
Flier:
Her case is different, she started it before the age of 30 and differ it and continue at the age of whatever and during her service,she was reassigned to take up a position of a minister,itโ€™s as simple as that
What she did is wrong but itโ€™s just like a tax avoidance,there is nothing anyone can do about it under law

They will have to produce the NYSC reassignment letter though. Or backdate it. And it's too late for that since NYSC has already denounced it, and also because she has made a statement without claiming any reassignment.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by officialMarcTimi(m): 11:15pm On Aug 27, 2023
How old was she in 2001 when she first served halfway?

And how old was she last year to still participate in the NYSC? ๐Ÿ™„

Something is fishy either fishy ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿค”

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by officialMarcTimi(m): 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2023

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Fearyourcreator: 11:16pm On Aug 27, 2023
taylor88:
Why wonโ€™t political positions be so juicy to all these parasites

If not for this forced marriage called Nigeria

Yoruba and Hausa having their own country will be so poor and broke like Somalia

You go even dey beg them to join politics they no go gree

But since the southern oil is the reason na why they wan die there

Unity beggars
With fake products your kinsmen dey parade for Nigeria... Enikure

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Pearl1910: 11:18pm On Aug 27, 2023
agabusta:

Btw, I'm looking at the legal interpretation of the NYSC Act. The legal interpretation of the NYSC Act is that you must serve compulsorily, so far you graduate under 30 years of age.

If you like, run away and don't present yourself for service. When you come back at age 40 and then claim you need exemption because you are above the age for service. They will look at the age you graduated and simply tell you, you are not qualified for exemption, because as at the time you graduated you were still under 30 years. It is as simple as that.

If they allow that, it simply means people will not serve, they will just go and then come back when they are above 30 years to ask for exemption certificate.

If you are of age when Minister Kemi Adeosun had her issues, you will know that was how they discovered that her exemption certificate was fake!

NYSC will never issue you exemption certificate if they check and see that you graduated under 30years and never presented yourself for service.

I have never seen or heard anyone above 30 serving sha. The interpretation I know is that having passed the age of 30, she cannot be mobilized again.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by samsard(m): 11:19pm On Aug 27, 2023
Pakute:
Beautiful babe, f'okanbale. Anybody that Idan has appointed, no one born of a woman can remove him/her. Jagaban also appointed a 400L student into tax reforms and policy committee without much Ado. As a minister, i urge you to continue to dey press the neck of ipob wailers.

May God bless Idan,
May God bless Nigeria.
Nigerians are funny. Even absurdity in governance is okay to spite political opponents. Anything can be rationalised once it's the person you support.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by MrFly(m): 11:20pm On Aug 27, 2023
In 2021 she was 19, in 2023 she is 31 and still serving? Lets calculate and see who dey "lamba"
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by DeepSight(m): 11:25pm On Aug 27, 2023
Pearl1910:

I have never seen or heard anyone above 30 serving sha. The interpretation I know is that having passed the age of 30, she cannot be mobilized again.

This only stands to reason because we we stay with the logic of agabusta even a 100 year old can serve and that leads to absurdity.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by frog12: 11:30pm On Aug 27, 2023
what's your point? grin

Pearl1910:

U didn't answer any of my concerns.
To be mobilised to continue, u still need to be under 30years. Did u notice NYSC didn't ask her to complete the number of months she did d first time. She was mobilised afresh, there is no continuation when u abscond from your service.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by alfajohn: 11:37pm On Aug 27, 2023
The last time I checked the age limit for NYSC was 30 years. You abandoned service over twenty years ago certainly you should not be serving at this time. My thoughts oh. But what do I really know
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by 3seriez(m): 11:38pm On Aug 27, 2023
Xscape1993:
I don't blame you. I blame the weak institutions.

Very weak and embarrassing institutions.
Like my friend would say, Nigeria has strong Men & weak institutions.

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by tete7000(m): 11:47pm On Aug 27, 2023
She is a corp member. She is a lawyer translating the law for herself...lobatan
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Ibkhaleel001: 11:50pm On Aug 27, 2023
taylor88:
Why wonโ€™t political positions be so juicy to all these parasites

If not for this forced marriage called Nigeria

Yoruba and Hausa having their own country will be so poor and broke like Somalia

You go even dey beg them to join politics they no go gree

But since the southern oil is the reason na why they wan die there

Unity beggars
The north can live without you guys... people of hatred from an erosion ravaged HIV region..

You can survive a year without the North...we feed you and wil continue to lead... Shameless blind critic full of hate

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by deji17: 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
SpatialKing:

So someone still serving can be appointed DG of NCC?
As well as accountant general of the Federation?
CBN governor?
๐Ÿ˜

You all sycophants
Do you know the difference between political appointment and career civil servant?

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by naturefellow(m): 11:59pm On Aug 27, 2023
Guyman01:
Where is that jobless Templar guy with 5k posts in 3 months, come and defend another nonsense to add to your tally
TemplarLandry. I dedicate Vybz Kartel โ€“ Delusional Ft Sikka Rymes to his black famished ass
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by sageb: 12:09am On Aug 28, 2023
kokoA:
She was first called up in 2001 shocked So after 22 years she now realized that she needs to complete her NYSC grin heheh

A clueless and unprepared minister
Ms shetty is better than Hannatu musawa
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Judolisco(m): 12:13am On Aug 28, 2023
Xscape1993:
I don't blame you. I blame the weak institutions.
no more institutions man... D remaining one has been brutally shattered by buhari

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by sageb: 12:14am On Aug 28, 2023
agabusta:

Hannatu musawa is so clueless

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Judolisco(m): 12:15am On Aug 28, 2023
Obakoolex:
undecided
O gbenutan o, lati 2001

Shey age limit no dey nysc again ni
if u finish sch under 30... U go still dey elegible to serve oh... Even if u clock 70 yrs... Uno dey see old people 4 nysc camp

3 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Judolisco(m): 12:17am On Aug 28, 2023
officialMarcTimi:

nothing is fishy go and learn about d nysc laws

4 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by deji17: 12:32am On Aug 28, 2023
Judolisco:
if u finish sch under 30... U go still dey elegible to serve oh... Even if u clock 70 yrs... Uno dey see old people 4 nysc camp
Too many ignorant people here and it is mind boggling. Rather than be humble to learn, they come here to throw insults and abuse people.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Akinksquare: 1:01am On Aug 28, 2023
The information given here is absolutely wrong. If it's from the writer, it should be corrected. How can she say 'she supposed to have served in 2001 (22 years ago.) That means she shouldn't have served again in 2023 cos is above 30 and constitutionally, she's not supposed to serve again. There's something wrong with some people ooooo

fergie001:

Previous Threads:
Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister

Itโ€™s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SpatialKing(m): 1:05am On Aug 28, 2023
deji17:

Do you know the difference between political appointment and career civil servant?

So is CBN not a political appointment?
Was Emefiele working in the CBN before GEJ appointed him?
Is Director General of an agency not a political appointment?

Yes oh No?
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by deji17: 1:40am On Aug 28, 2023
SpatialKing:

So is CBN not a political appointment?
Was Emefiele working in the CBN before GEJ appointed him?
Is Director General of an agency not a political appointment?

Yes oh No?

Your understanding is very limited. What is the requirement for appointing a minister?

2 Likes

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by SpatialKing(m): 1:52am On Aug 28, 2023
deji17:

Your understanding is very limited. What is the requirement for appointing a minister?

What is the requirements for employing a Director General?
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by crackhouse(m): 1:53am On Aug 28, 2023
So NYSC is not mandatory but this same NYSC is the same reason former minister of finance Kemi Adeosun was removed from office because they said she did not do her NYSC...and now it's no longer a requirement.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by deji17: 2:00am On Aug 28, 2023
SpatialKing:

What is the requirements for employing a Director General?

Is the conversation about Director General or about Minister? Many of you lack focus.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Fayose Personally Supervises Distribution Of Food Items To Ekiti Residents. PICS / Phil Hazlewood: Trump Wouldn't Have Called Buhari 'Lifeless' If... / Yahaya Bello In Voter's Card Multiple Registration Scandal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.