Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,469 members, 7,864,968 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 10:11 AM

Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa (29377 Views)

Maryam Shetty Marries, 10 Months After Losing Ministerial Appointment / Ortom: FG’s Silence On Insecurity A Continuation Of 1804 Jihadist Movement / Joana Nnazua Kolo Completes Her NYSC Programme In Jigawa (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by wildernessVoice: 6:33am On Aug 28, 2023
Hope she'll be paid NYSC allawee of 33k and not ministerial remuneration.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Johnken1234: 6:37am On Aug 28, 2023
NYSC should clear the air, let us know the true position of the law.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Blazebond(m): 6:39am On Aug 28, 2023
This is all you always know how to do,make shitty tribalistic post from your rotten solitary confinement that you hide yourself in.

taylor88:
Why won’t political positions be so juicy to all these parasites

If not for this forced marriage called Nigeria

Yoruba and Hausa having their own country will be so poor and broke like Somalia

You go even dey beg them to join politics they no go gree

But since the southern oil is the reason na why they wan die there

Unity beggars

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by ileojokan: 6:45am On Aug 28, 2023
Keep deceiving urself
taylor88:
Why won’t political positions be so juicy to all these parasites

If not for this forced marriage called Nigeria

Yoruba and Hausa having their own country will be so poor and broke like Somalia

You go even dey beg them to join politics they no go gree

But since the southern oil is the reason na why they wan die there

Unity beggars

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Ebubu3: 6:56am On Aug 28, 2023
Is she not over 30 years? I thought over 30 years you just obtain Nysc discharge certificate ?
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 7:04am On Aug 28, 2023
efeski:

If an individual exceeds 30 years at the time of their graduation, they will not be able to take part in the program. Instead, they will receive a certificate of exemption, indicating their exemption from the NYSC service requirement.

The above is the koko

Age wise she ought not to be serving by now.
It's against the law.
In a sane country that's enough grounds to lose the ministerial position

Read this highlighted part of your statement properly and digest it.

According to the law its the age at the TIME of graduation that matters. Not current time.

The law has a lacuna on those eligible and did not serve at the right time. In the absence of a clear cut provision for this circumstance, it infers that they can present themselves for service at whatever age.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Benwallt(m): 7:06am On Aug 28, 2023
Emu4life:

Whether I can do something or not doesn't matter. Good thing is someone else will also do this in future. Then, you won't be in support and there's nothing you can also do cheesy

Until then, enjoy this to the fullest. APC government is people oriented and sane nigerians are enjoying it all the way. Appointment of that woman should be the least thing a sane person should be worried about
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Kukutente23: 7:11am On Aug 28, 2023
xperiencelove:

In case you don't know, you can do NYSC at the age of 50years so far you graduated under 30years. That is what many people that school abroad do.
Also, there are so many places that pays serving corp members so well. I know a place that pays as high as 95k monthly especially those that are in some sensitive areas and they still collect the NYSC allowance and they do retain the best among each batch. They even give them furnished apartment with free electricity from their staff quarters.
I hope you also know when you're mobilised and you abscond, you're treated as having abandoned the program and when you com back to complete it, it is without pay.
I hope you also know that NYSC normally shouldn't mobilise you twice once you've completed camp. You're supposed to return to the State you absconded from to complete your NYSC when you want to.
Lastly, I hope you know as a Corp member you're not allowed to take up any other job apart from your PPA.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Kukutente23: 7:13am On Aug 28, 2023
BluntCrazeMan:
We told NYSC to respond,, they refused.

And now, the woman don rush and respond..

NYSC will now find themselves in a twisted position..

NYSC SERVICE-YEAR is a compulsory year.
Right now, she is no more serving Nigeria through the NYSC,, thus, what happened to her in 2001 just repeated itself again be that ooo..

She will still have to re-apply and do her Compulsory NYSC.
Else,, she won't be presenting her University Degree for political purposes anywhere and anytime in the future, until she has the discharge certificate with her...

(Earlier Judgements have revealed that University Degrees (for anyone who obtained it before the age of 30) must go with NYSC Discharge Certificate,, and not exemption certificate)

NYSC,, Over to you guys.
Let's see if you will give her a discharge certificate while she didn't complete her service.

THEN,, YOU GUYS WILL HAVE TO GO AND SERIOUSLY APOLOGIZE TO PETER MBAH OF ENUGU STATE,, AND GIVE HIM HIS DESERVED DISCHARGE CERTIFICATE,, AND SERIOUSLY REGRET ALL THE INCONVENIENCES YOUR ROTTEN ACTION HAVE CAUSED HIM..
NYSC responded. Check the op you quoted
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Kukutente23: 7:14am On Aug 28, 2023
tollyboy5:

What do you mean by weak institution? is she not also serving her fatherland? na by force to teach for primary school to show you served your father's land.
Maybe you should ask NYSC that
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Spidermon: 7:15am On Aug 28, 2023
Fujiyama:

^^^
Adeosun tendered a fake exemption certificate. That was what did her in.

Oh...That's true.

However if this is allowed to stand, it will render the point of NYSC moot.
One can simply avoid service till one is about to get a government post/job and register for NYSC and then claim it's continuation of service.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Konskott(m): 7:18am On Aug 28, 2023
Who posted you there? Produce your letter of deployment as a minister. Did I see you in any orientation camp?
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 7:19am On Aug 28, 2023
Pearl1910:
How were u mobilised and serving at more than 30 years?
In this case the law states that u should be given a certificate of exemption.
So tell us, who did u bribe or where did u go and forge birth certificate or swear affidavit that allows u to still be mobilized when clearly you have passed the age.

Secondly, if u r serving already then u aren't supposed to accept any government appointment/employment or rather no government agency is supposed to employ u because that will be obstructing your ongoing NYSC service. Except u will not draw salary from the govt for being a minister, then u are defrauding the govt by recieving double payment as an NYSC Corp member and a Federal Govt Minister at thesame time.
In summary, if u must keep this Ministerial appointment then u must defer ur NYSC program.

Thirdly, I am sure u can't be a minister of the federal republic without having either a Discharge certificate or a Certificate of Exemption from NYSC. So u r quoting only the law that is convenient for you.

1. You can be mobilised above 30 years if you apply for mobilisation, so far your age as at the time of graduation is under 30 years. Key word here is "at the time of graduation".

Which means, you can graduate from University of Putin in Russia at age 25 and you decide to work in Russia for 10 years. Now 35, you came back to Nigeria and goes to the NYSC to ask for exemption certificate because you are now 35 years. It will not be approved. When they check and see that your age at the time of graduation was 25 years, they'll simply ask you to apply for mobilisation.

2. You can be a Minister, Commissioner, Senator, House of Rep member, House of Assembly member, Governor, President etc without service.

Unfortunately, those who drafted the constitution forgot to put it as a requirement for those offices or purposely left it out. And in all constitutional reviews carried out, they did not put it.

Though a screening authority such as the State House of Assembly or the Senate can decide to make it one of their own screening parameters.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by teebaxy(m): 7:19am On Aug 28, 2023
Na one Alhaji slot this one Dey enjoy… in this life know who know road ooo
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Emu4life(m): 7:21am On Aug 28, 2023
Benwallt:

Until then, enjoy this to the fullest. APC government is people oriented and sane nigerians are enjoying it all the way. Appointment of that woman should be the least thing a sane person should be worried about
Thought I was in conversation with a sensible person, my Bad. Accept my apologies
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 7:31am On Aug 28, 2023
crackhouse:
So NYSC is not mandatory but this same NYSC is the same reason former minister of finance Kemi Adeosun was removed from office because they said she did not do her NYSC...and now it's no longer a requirement.

She was harassed out of office because she presented a fake NYSC exemption certificate. Not because she did not serve.

Forgery is a criminal offence in Nigeria.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by deji17: 7:34am On Aug 28, 2023
SpatialKing:

I'm just affirming to your line of thoughts
You said a serving NYSC member can be a minister because a ministerial appointment is political appointment and not a career civil servant like starting from level 7.

So can a serving NYSC be appointed in other political positions like Director Generals, Ambassadors and others?

Please answer

Please answer
Do you know the requirements of becoming a minister? If you don't , then read up!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Benwallt(m): 7:36am On Aug 28, 2023
Emu4life:

Thought I was in conversation with a sensible person, my Bad. Accept my apologies

Mr sensible, so if you're not enjoying orders deserve no enjoyment. What a sense.

Stay positive and refuse to labour in vain. They energy you used in fuming will not make you enjoy.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 7:39am On Aug 28, 2023
tollyboy5:

What do you mean by weak institution? is she not also serving her fatherland? na by force to teach for primary school to show you served your father's land.

grin grin

People with closed mind believe everyone must suffer like them
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Menclothing: 7:41am On Aug 28, 2023
Taylor88 you must an under age when the 1st university 1st tv station 1st radio station 1st sky 1st estate 1st skyscrapers where built in west Ibadan and many more infrastructure
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by agabusta: 7:41am On Aug 28, 2023
wildernessVoice:
Hope she'll be paid NYSC allawee of 33k and not ministerial remuneration.

If you are serving at a company, will the company not pay you?

All she needs to do now is to apply for redeployment to her Ministry. cheesy

She'd be a youth corper there and also their Minister cheesy cheesy hilarious
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by orisa37: 7:47am On Aug 28, 2023
THE 36 ELECTED GOVERNORS OF OUR CONSTITUTIONAL AUTHORITIES ARE THE CPOS , THE CROS AND THE CEOS OF THEIR RESPECTIVE STATES. RELEASE FAPRES FOTCS AND CTC FOCS TRFG NOW, TO ENABLE FG CONCENTRATE ON FOREIGN AFFAIRS, MILITARY AND LIAISON SERVICES PROFESSIONALLY.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Codes151(m): 7:55am On Aug 28, 2023
I feel insulted by this rubbish she posted
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Emu4life(m): 8:21am On Aug 28, 2023
Benwallt:

Mr sensible, so if you're not enjoying orders deserve no enjoyment. What a sense.

Stay positive and refuse to labour in vain. They energy you used in fuming will not make you enjoy.
Sir, I'm not one of the 'Obidients' Crooners. As a matter of fact, I prefer Tinubu than a thousand Atiku or Obi but that doesn't mean I should drop my brain and always be sentimental.
Patriotism is to Nation not individual or Party. Thank you
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Benwallt(m): 8:34am On Aug 28, 2023
Emu4life:

Sir, I'm not one of the 'Obidients' Crooners. As a matter of fact, I prefer Tinubu than a thousand Atiku or Obi but that doesn't mean I should drop my brain and always be sentimental.
Patriotism is to Nation not individual or Party. Thank you

I gat your point. We are human. I see white, you see blue, he sees green ( nobody in particular) in the same situation. That's how I view life to avoid unnecessary conflict( not with you but in general saying). I am not benefitting anything from this government. As a matter of fact, the only benefit I ever derived from my country was 'allawee' paid to me during NYSC days. But, in the midst of all these woes I have to stay positive because whatever I say from here is as good as saying nothing when weighed against the political class. Make I just stop here baba.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Bellotelli: 8:38am On Aug 28, 2023
Pakute:
Beautiful babe, f'okanbale. Anybody that Idan has appointed, no one born of a woman can remove him/her. Jagaban also appointed a 400L student into tax reforms and policy committee without much Ado. As a minister, i urge you to continue to dey press the neck of ipob wailers.

May God bless Idan,
May God bless Nigeria.
Choke Dem without water
Even when dem say abeg nyemiri, choke dem with more old yam grin

1 Like

Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Judolisco(m): 8:46am On Aug 28, 2023
crackhouse:
So NYSC is not mandatory but this same NYSC is the same reason former minister of finance Kemi Adeosun was removed from office because they said she did not do her NYSC...and now it's no longer a requirement.
adeosun forged nysc certificate... Two different things here
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by efeski(m): 9:12am On Aug 28, 2023
agabusta:

Read this highlighted part of your statement properly and digest it.

According to the law its the age at the TIME of graduation that matters. Not current time.

The law has a lacuna on those eligible and did not serve at the right time. In the absence of a clear cut provision for this circumstance, it infers that they can present themselves for service at whatever age.

Simply apply the mischief rule of statutes of interpretation of laws.
No need for plenty talk.
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by ocelot2006(m): 9:13am On Aug 28, 2023
My trip to the UK: A continuation of my trip to my NYSC CDS
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by starz100: 9:27am On Aug 28, 2023
If allowed, that means APC has set a precedence that NYSC is not compulsory for any government appointment,yes that is the message we are getting
Re: Ministerial Appointment, a continuation of My NYSC programme - Musawa by Advancedman(m): 9:49am On Aug 28, 2023
fergie001:

Previous Threads:
Tinubu Swore In Serving NYSC Member, Hannatu Musawa As Minister

It’s Wrong To Be Minister While Serving, NYSC Tells Musawa

Your silence is golden because you didn't appoint yourself.
The House that screened and cleared you.
The relevant security agencies that cleared you.
The People who appointed you.
Are the one to defend you.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Governor Umahi Gave N200k To Pregnant Woman He Saw Working At A Site (Photos) / Chikwe Udensi Assists Accident Victims In Ohafia (Photos) / Buba Galadima Kicks As AMCON Takes Over Company, Home

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.